If you ever wondered what made Axl flip in the 1998 airport incident

If memory serves me Axl himself mentioned being ripped off on the Eddie Trunk show he did with Bach.

I don't recall him saying yoda though I'd have to go back and listen.

As far as Axl's spiritual/religious beliefs go, while I think some in my opinion were out there many were not. 

I think much as other posters said are the ones out there trying to make a buck off others and sometimes at the detriment of others. 

I wasn't there so I can't comment on who was legit and or who wasnt. Then you can't forget the ones that could be legit on some things luring people in to then pull other stunts they have no clue about, or that's fake etc for money.

No matter his spiritual journey I hope he has found a peacefulness in it. At the end of the day religion and spirituality are faith based in general.

Intelligence has nothing to do with spirituality nor do Slash or Duff or anyone's opinion make things untrue or true. The reason being on the latter is we all have our believes and while we may not agree with someone else's it doesn't mean it doesn't work for them. Remember faith based. Faith is a strong word. 

Interesting find OP.

Edited by BOSSY78
added

Dumb was maybe a bit harsh of a word to use, but I still think you have to be either incredibly naive or incredibly desperate to end up in the clutches of frauds like the Maynards, the fake psychologist from the Dont Cry video, and so on. It mostly just makes me feel sad for Axl. He must have been miserable. Hope he is in a better place nowadays. It seems as if he is.

In times of trouble or mental illness/depression whatever, you look for anything that can help or ease your pain. Some look for help by Jesus or Buddha and some get fooled by a sculpture thing? I don´t know.. Apparently Axl were a man that was lost and not happy with his life back then.  I hate those that take advantage of  people who are not mentally stable or feeling depressed, just to make money..

It's not just about the sculpture though. Aren't these the same people who demanded pictures of every crew member and person associated with the band so they could "read their auras"? Who had to come to all kinds of places to sniff the vibes there? Who told Axl that he was Napoleon in a past life and a soldier who nailed Jesus to the cross or something like that? That Erin and Stephanie killed his children in a past life when they were Native Americans? Who made him go through an exorcism? Who told him he was the reincarnation of John Bonham? Who charged thousands of dollars from crew members to go on weird retreats?

All of that is completely insane and it has nothing to do with respecting faith or religion or his spiritual path. Don't give me that bullshit.

According to Alan Niven, these people received millions from Axl for their bullshit services. Millions.

And yes, if Axl really believed their bullshit and payed these horrendous sums for it, than he either really is stupid or he was in serious need of psychological treatment (from actual psychologists/psychiatrists, not a sexy lady with a "degree" from the University of Sparkly Trees and Miracles.)

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, tsinindy said:

That's just ridiculous.  I come from a town smaller than Axl did...in Indiana...and would not fall for this.

I don't meant it as a general offense for people whom live in small towns :lol:  Axl wasn't the brightest in the bunch back then... but he reads a lot since the 90's and probably ditch these idiots around the millenium or whatnot

Edited by Strange Broue

It's clear that Axl has kinda moved away from that stuff in recent years.... I would think he is more down to earth now... one would hope. This stuff is just malarky, same religious undertones just marketed differently. 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

How long until one of you drop the "Axl is dumb like all blonde people"?

:facepalm:

Since when is Axl a blond? He's always been a redhead. He had bright red hair when he was younger and as he got older it turned into a more brown-ish red. But it was never blond.

(And obviously hair color has nothing to do with intelligence and I have never made a dumb blond joke. If Axl had black hair, he'd still be a gullible fool for falling for this)

The elephant in the room has always been Axl's mental health.

Not that I'm faulting him or anything, it's a complicated issue made even more so when there's a lack of proper treatment.

I think he was desperate and unwell. These people took advantage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

The elephant in the room has always been Axl's mental health.

Not that I'm faulting him or anything, it's a complicated issue made even more so when there's a lack of proper treatment.

I think he was desperate and unwell. These people took advantage.

Yes, exactly. Most likely explaination imo.

20 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

It isn't about small town or large town or what have you. It isn't about intelligence or lack there of. It is about vulnerable people who are desperate to believe just about anything to fix whatever is wrong in their world.

That's exactly it. Being smart doesn't mean that one can't be emotionally vulnerable and desperate to fix something in their lives, whether that's loneliness or anger or an untreated mental or physical issue. Some of the most intelligent people in the world have ended up in cults, working for dictators, or being taken in by all sorts of shady religious, medical and spiritual schemes.

Some psychologists say that periods of transition are prime times for people to get sucked in, as well -- when their marriage is over, or they've changed jobs or experienced a major shift in their health or someone they love has died. They've lost and they're searching for something to replace that loss and cope with the emotional pain. Not saying that was the case with Axl, but it does hammer home the point that smart people can get reeled in with stupid things.

Edited by stella

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Since when is Axl a blond? He's always been a redhead. He had bright red hair when he was younger and as he got older it turned into a more brown-ish red. But it was never blond.

(And obviously hair color has nothing to do with intelligence and I have never made a dumb blond joke. If Axl had black hair, he'd still be a gullible fool for falling for this)

Since always.

Then...

image.jpeg

And now...

image.jpg

I don't see brown anywhere.

That's a dull red in the first picture, not blond (at best it could maybe be called strawberry-blond, but it's too red even for that imo). When Axl was younger, it was really really red, but most most people with red hair lose that bright red hair with age. I agree that it's starting to become slightly blond nowadays though. He seems to be losing the red pigment in his hair now. I'm guessing it will become blonder and blonder and finally turn white.

(Sorry for the hair rant, but a family member is a hair stylist and I'm forced to hear a lot about hair and various hair shades and all that jazz thanks to that :P)

Edited by Lumikki

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

That's a dull red in the first picture, not blond (at best it could maybe be called strawberry-blond, but it's too red even for that imo). When Axl was younger, it was really really red, but most most people with red hair lose that bright red hair with age. I agree that it's starting to become slightly blond nowadays though. He seems to be losing the red pigment in his hair now. I'm guessing it will become blonder and blonder and finally turn white.

(Sorry for the hair rant, but a family member is a hair stylist and I'm forced to hear a lot about hair and various hair shades and all that jazz thanks to that :P)

LOL

I didn't mean to turn this thread into a "hair color" discussion. It is irrelevant really. My comment intended to be sarcastic because some people here are saying Axl is dumb for a wide number of reasons, like being from a small town, so I thought hair color would be the next reason they'd use to say he's not a smart person for believing in Yoda & Co.

But that guy who argued his hair color picked the glove and got defensive.

:shrugs:

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yep. Those are all still variations of red. Plus red hair often has a tendency to look very different under different lighting conditions and has a tendency to lighten in the sun. The guy moved from Indiana to Southern California where there's sunshine all year round; of course his hair would have lightened a bit. I've also read the same thing you said -- that redheads don't really go gray; they go "sandy" and that does seem to be what's happening.

2 hours ago, stella said:

Plus red hair often has a tendency to look very different under different lighting conditions and has a tendency to lighten in the sun.

Very true, red hair can look totally different depending on the lightening, the picture, and a million other reasons. And yes, I'm gonna continue the hair colour discussion because this thread is depressing and makes me feel sad for Axl. It can use some levity and some nice pictures.

I actually really like how Axl's hair always looks slightly different in colour, but always very nice.

Killuridols already posted some blond-ish Axl, so let's have some typical bright ginger Axl:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ec/e5/17/ece517e8147dfc99cc6cf94668c9f5cf.jpghttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/tumblr_l9buvvXZ0i1qdis0wo1_400.jpg~originalhttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1f/49/cd/1f49cd27385b8e47e711872b8881cd4b.jpghttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/IMG_2389.jpg~originalhttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/Guns_N_Roses_Rare_Photo_48db9c4e8f02f.jpg~originalhttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/IMG_2407.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/axl87xm2.jpg~originalhttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/tumblr_lhenrgYKU71qdjfavo1_500.jpg~original

More brown-ish red looking:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/56/fb/e3/56fbe3e8745decea2aa6a48ca479b2cb.jpghttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/new99-1.jpg~originalhttps://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/remember-guns-n-roses-lets-discuss-them-for-a-moment-shall-we-30-photos-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Close-up from 1994:

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2000/article/axl-speaks-20000203/181878/large_rect/1421691085/1401x788-516662929.jpg

Edited by Lumikki

In all seriousness, what happened to his eyebrows? Here they look thicker and darker. There was a point when it seemed like he'd shaved them off, and since then they've never been the same.

I think this is one of the reasons why people say he doesn't look like himself.

I agree, it's nice to have a lighter tone to this thread. :)

I like this photo because it shows just how different (Axl's) red hair can look depending on how it's lit. The hair on the half of his head that's turned toward the sun is really bright and looks strawberry blond, but the parts that are shadowed look several shades darker and even close to brown.

tumblr_n4ka5mNkkP1sovzsio1_500.jpg

Axl's hair looks super bright when he's in the sun:

a8239b445e643cb371b31224db1162e4.jpg

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

In all seriousness, what happened to his eyebrows? Here they look thicker and darker. There was a point when it seemed like he'd shaved them off, and since then they've never been the same.

I think this is one of the reasons why people say he doesn't look like himself.

I think they lost their colour and he dyes them nowadays. But the dye just doesn't look quite right.

And yes, eyebrows can change the way you look a lot. But I think the people who keep saying he had plastic surgery and cheek bone implants and god knows what else are completely ridiculous. Axl's face is exactly the same as it always was. He maybe had some chemical peelings or botox in the early 2000s, but that's it imo and that was a long time ago.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl/AxlTransform1.jpg~original

Exactly the same face in 2006 as in 1994.

Edited by Lumikki

There was also an unfounded but persistent rumor that he was ill at some point. In some of those early 2000s photos he doesn't seem to have eyelashes, either. There are tons of illnesses and treatments out there that can make a person lose their hair, so that would make sense. So can stress.

I don't think he's had anything other than Botox either, and he may not have even had that. And frankly Botox is so common in showbusiness that it's not even considered noteworthy in any way, and it's temporary. They use it for medical purposes like curing migraines now, too.

Edited by stella

27 minutes ago, stella said:

There was also an unfounded but persistent rumor that he was ill at some point. In some of those early 2000s photos he doesn't seem to have eyelashes, either. There are tons of illnesses and treatments out there that can make a person lose their hair, so that would make sense. So can stress.

I don't think he's had anything other than Botox either. And frankly Botox is so common in showbusiness that it's not even considered a thing, and it's temporary.

But there was no reason for botox, he had no N ...Axl looked the most weird in 1999. His head looked thinner and his face looked like he used an acid mask. Almost no facial hair... like an oiled baby butt.hqdefault.jpg

Just one year before this Interview he looked like this.296.jpg

Edited by maxpax