If you ever wondered what made Axl flip in the 1998 airport incident

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see. If you had ever actually read the Axl and Erin discussions in various places for example (instead of just whining about it), you'd have seen that many posters expressed a lot of concern and misgivings about Erin seemingly wanting Axl back/the possibility of them ever being in a relationship again due to Axl's history. I've seen many people around here say they would never forgive Axl if he did what he allegedly did to Erin to them or a friend/family member of theirs.

No one sane is giving him a free pass about the abuse allegations. It's pretty obvious he is guilty of that and it's even more than just 2 women.

But that doesn't mean one can't also have empathy for a child in a terrible situation. Especially since his fucked up childhood is what is most likely the direct cause of him becoming such a fucked up person.

I'm the future If you can't respond to my posts without insults then I will not respond to your posts. It's called having a conversation. Nobody is whining.

And just by virtue of me being a part of this forum for a much longer time than you have I'm probably read more posts about Erin and Axl's abuse situations than you have. Seeing what I want to see? What does that even mean? The difference between me and a group of posters on here is that I don't hold Axl in any different regard than I hold the guy who made my sandwich yesterday at Subway.  Just because Axl is a killer singer doesn't mean he is any better than any poster on this forum. He isn't a God or royalty. 

What I want to see is people having an honest conversation without personal insults. I would love to see why some posters hold Axl (or celebrities) to different standards than other people. It's a fascinating  subject.

Ive seen many posters say that Erin and Stephanie were lying for the money. That Erin selling her Axl memorabilia and her going to a GnR concert was proof she lied about the abuse.

Ive seen posters say that we can't hold Axl responsible because Erin and Steph were both crazy and that THEY were the ones that initiated the physical abuse and Axl was just defending himself. That they "deserved" whatever they got.

And then there is the crowd that said Axl is clearly innocent because he was never convicted in court. Hence my question if people are applying the same standard towards Axl's fathers.

Sans your first paragraph, I appreciate the rest of your post. You make some interesting points.

Though I will point out that plenty of kids that had terrible childhoods end up being kind, caring adults who live lives never repeating the same mistakes they experienced as kids. And lots of criminals come from families with loving and caring and awesome parents. I saw one poster say that 99% of the blame for screwed up adults can be placed on their parents. That is just blatantly false, and any research will show that number isn't anywhere close to being factual.

There is also a lot of people talking about him and having mental issues and being bipolar. Something that Axl has denied. Seems like a slippery slope to put ourselves in a position where we just pick and choose what statements from Axl that we feel he is telling the truth or lying about.

And of course we all should have empathy for kids who had terrible childhoods. It would be pretty cold hearted to not. 

I agree we shouldn't judge others and thier quest to trying to understand life/death/love...I mean come on...look at all the religions...is it normal just because it's "popular". 

I mean, come on...hasn't everyone by now learnt about the "hierarchy of needs"? (I had to take a social study course in university...)....it's common for celebrities/rich folks to reach the top of the pyramid and try to grasp the understanding of life. I'm just grateful Axl didn't become full-blow Tom Cruise (a la scientology)---ok I know I'm juding now ;) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Wow. 

Awesome post. Truth bomb. 

Do you know Graham Hancock or Nassim Harramein? 

Thanks! I don't know Nassim Harramein but I do know Graham Hancock. I swear Ancient Aliens isn't all theatrics. There are some gems in there! 

5 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

I agree we shouldn't judge others and thier quest to trying to understand life/death/love...I mean come on...look at all the religions...is it normal just because it's "popular". 

I mean, come on...hasn't everyone by now learnt about the "hierarchy of needs"? (I had to take a social study course in university...)....it's common for celebrities/rich folks to reach the top of the pyramid and try to grasp the understanding of life. I'm just grateful Axl didn't become full-blow Tom Cruise (a la scientology)---ok I know I'm juding now ;) 

ITA. My feeling is that if the beliefs don't hurt anyone else and aren't imposed on the law or other people, one should let the person think what they want or embrace whatever brings them comfort or community. Maybe that faith in the Spaghetti Monster or Martians or whatever gets them through the day. I might not believe it even a little, but let them have their personal spiritual beliefs if they're not interfering with anyone else. There are aspects of every single one of the major religions that are confusing ans might seem silly or weird to those who are outside the faith, but if you adhere to that particular creed, they make sense and hold significance. 

The sticky wicket of course is that there are some "spiritual advisors" that have ulterior motives and exploit those who are vulnerable. Those sorts of scam artists cause a lot of harm. But that charlatan could be a shady mainstream televangelist as easily as they could be a New Age guru or a cult leader.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also, you being part of this forum much longer time than I have? Only two years according to your profile. 

FWIW Apollo was Groghan in the past forum life. So his membership spanned longer than two years but I'm unsure when he registered as I myself am pretty new here.

On May 27, 2016 at 10:21 AM, Lumikki said:

This is what I don't get about Axl. So many people (including Slash, Duff, etc) keep talking about how Axl is so intelligent, so smart, yadda yadda...

And yet he's apparently dumb enough to fall for these kinds of ridiculous frauds? What the hell  :facepalm:

Even Einstein believed there was life after death and more to all of this than we can see. In my opinion, it's the really intelligent people who are most capable of seeing "beyond" what is in front of us. 

Now, having said that, there is a difference in all of that and not spotting a phony human being peddling BS. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

wonder if maynard made the halloween tree lol

LOL, we had one of those in my family, and we're not New Agers. :) Not sure if Axl got the reference from the same place we did, but "The Halloween Tree" is a Ray Bradbury novel from the early 70s.

TheHalloweenTree.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nintari said:

Even Einstein believed there was life after death and more to all of this than we can see. In my opinion, it's the really intelligent people who are most capable of seeing "beyond" what is in front of us. 

Now, having said that, there is a difference in all of that and not spotting a phony human being peddling BS. lol

Yeah, I don't mind people having their own ideas about how the world works or life after death or whatever. I have some pretty wild thoughts about stuff like this myself sometimes. I also don't think there's anything wrong with believing in past lifes, as a general rule. It's all possible, I guess.

But I do mind people completely ripping off the vulnerable and desperate, and that seems to be what happened here (like someone here said, these people apparently took millions from Axl), for BS that that was useless at best and harmful at worst. Telling him he was so horrible to Erin and Stephanie in this life because they were sisters in  a past life who killed his children? Really?! That's just giving him an excuse for his behavior. Or feeding his ego by telling him he was Napoleon or the reincarnation of a guy from Led Zep or whatever. Of course they're not gonna tell him he was a peasant farmer who died of a vitamin deficiency in his last life... Or potentially causing him to recover false memories of abuse. Or demanding 70 000 dollars for a herbal wrap/exorcism. Wrap yourself in all the herbs in the world for all I care, but no herbal wrap is worth that kind of money. Or all the people being critical  of Team Yoda suddenly having "a negative aura" and needing to be avoided. That's some Scientology level BS right there.

As for the Halloween tree, I didn't know there was a book. I always just thought he really liked Halloween and since he seems to usually have a lot of kids around on Halloween, he came up with the idea of handing out presents from under a Halloween tree, like you would with a Christmas tree or something. Either way, I like his Halloween tree. It shows a sweet and quirky side of him :heart:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2016 at 9:11 PM, Sprite said:

Thanks! I don't know Nassim Harramein but I do know Graham Hancock. I swear Ancient Aliens isn't all theatrics. There are some gems in there! 

Well that seems to go for most people/sources in truth seeking. David Icke was 100% right and decades ahead of his time on many things. But I have difficulty with the Moon being a hollow alien spacestation etc. 

On 1.6.2016 at 6:41 AM, Nintari said:

Even Einstein believed there was life after death

?? I am pretty certain he did not believe in an afterlife. Two quotes:

" I do not believe in immortality of the individual" and "An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension [...]"

18 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

?? I am pretty certain he did not believe in an afterlife. Two quotes:

" I do not believe in immortality of the individual" and "An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension [...]"

Yes but his theory of relativity proved that energy could not be created or destroyed. That is transforms instead. As humans, our energy doesn't blink out when our bodies die. It WILL carry on. As far as where and what happens to said energy, that's up to the theologists to figure out.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintari said:

Yes but his theory of relativity proved that energy could not be created or destroyed. That is transforms instead. As humans, our energy doesn't blink out when our bodies die. It WILL carry on. As far as where and what happens to said energy, that's up to the theologists to figure out.

No, physicists, biochemists and biologists can easily explain what happens to the energy in our bodies when we die. The explanation is that as we are degraded, as we rot, bacteria and other organisms will devour our organ tissues and use the energy that is released to build their own biomass, and in this process a sufficient amount of energy escapes as heat. Additionally, it was not Einstein's Theory of Relativity that demonstrated the conservation of energy, but prior scientists.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, physicians, biochemists and biologists can easily explain what happens to the energy in our bodies when we die. The explanation is that as we are degraded, as we rot, bacteria and other organisms will devour our organ tissues and use the energy that is released to build their own biomass, and in this process a sufficient amount of energy escapes as heat. Additionally, it was not Einstein's Theory of Relativity that demonstrated the conservation of energy, but prior scientists.

As a psysics student myself, I can confirm what you just said. 

• 2 weeks later...