GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

More butt (from 1988 I think)

0029 15-Dec-15 21.54.jpg

7 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

speaking of t-shirts... why is he using always the same t-shirts!! 1 Feel me, touch me Duck one, 2 The End, 3 Mickey Mouse, 4 The one with chinese letters, 5 the duck again! 6, the one with a girl in a trash can, 7 THE DUCK once more!

Its like Angus uniform, I think. It's the wardrobe they've picked (or he did) for the shows, so its like a selection of shirts, pants, jackets and hats he's got for these shows.

The same mechanism has been used for previous tours with nuGNR and Vegas residencies.

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

He's been wearing a new one recently. But it's another really dumb, misogynist one. Wish he would drop the embarrassing T-Shirts. It makes him seem like a really lame asshole.

Yeah, I hate the women ones, they are poor taste and not only because of the misoginy but in all honesty, THEY SUCK. They are really awful, bad taste, I don't know. So I prefer he wears the duck one 24/7 instead of those degraded women ones.

I wish he would go back to wearing those amazing shirts with messages, like NOBODY KNOWS IM A LESBIN, KILL YOUR IDOLS, GET SOCIAL, EAT THE WORM or even the Guadalupe Virgin one, lol.

• Like 1

Axl gets called out for his dress sense all the time, jackets, t-shirts and sun glasses. Whilst Slash who dresses very simarly gets away with it. why in that? It's funny Duff is by the snappiest dresser now, I wonder how much influence his wife and girls have on him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, starlight said:

Hey I think Axl was hot and good looking but personally I prefer Slash he's my kind of guy I think he's sexier and really beautiful, am I the only one? :D

No you're not alone. Slash is my favourite, i love his personality, his face,his guitar skills, fuck i love everything about him lol:wub:

we are the same age too:hahafyou:

Just now, Archtop said:

Axl gets called out for his dress sense all the time, jackets, t-shirts and sun glasses. Whilst Slash who dresses very simarly gets away with it. why in that? It's funny Duff is by the snappiest dresser now, I wonder how much influence his wife and girls have on him.

i think its because Slash has always dressed the same, on or off stage the only difference is on stage he wears the top hat:slash:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Slash wears really cool shirts, like he always did. The messages in his t-shirts were really fun back in the day and they still are.

Duff looks amazing. But he's not as daring as the others. He keeps comfortable in black and doesn't risk too much. Yes, I think Susan must have to do with it.. or not... but he looks great most of the time.

Just now, Archtop said:

Duff seems like the most normal of them. Maybe because he's surrounded by girls :P. Slash would seem more normal if it weren't for his creepy posts :scared:

Yes maybe, he has stuck to the same template as a whole. I did see some professional photos of him a couple of years back in shirt and waistcoat holding us guitar, he looked good. he does carry the look better than Axl, perhaps he has more height?

Going to move off my mobile phone my spelling and grammer is appalling on this thing.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I hate the women ones, they are poor taste and not only because of the misoginy but in all honesty, THEY SUCK. They are really awful, bad taste, I don't know. So I prefer he wears the duck one 24/7 instead of those degraded women ones.

I wish he would go back to wearing those amazing shirts with messages, like NOBODY KNOWS IM A LESBIN, KILL YOUR IDOLS, GET SOCIAL, EAT THE WORM or even the Guadalupe Virgin one, lol.

Yeah, they suck in every possible way. I liked it when he wore button-down shirts or normal non-stupid T-Shirts.

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Slash has worn some pretty dumb shirts as well over the years, but he has way more shirts than Axl, so they don't get seen so often and they aren't quite as awful as Axl's. Just kinda immature sometimes. Some are even clever/funny. Mostly he dresses okay imo.

Duff is by far the best dresser. Not very exciting, but he never wears anything embarrassing and is always pretty classy.

10 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I agree...Duff looks amazing. Great style....I bet his girls/wife have a little influence!

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Someone sneak me into Axl's room :ph34r:

Imma BURN all of his shirts with women on them! :takethat:

Will fill his drawer with bands shirts :P

Rather burn the hats :ph34r:

• Like 3

Oh come on, it's just some rock n' roll, rebellious type of T-shirts, it's the forever-a-teenager mentality that most rock stars have, and it's just a T-shirt for Christ's sake. If you're offended by the T-shirts, just take a moment to imagine what complete decadence and debauchery they got into in their heyday. Just because the band is hot and can be kind and intelligent doesn't mean they aren't complete assholes and typical male pigs either. It's a perfect balance. :P Besides, wearing shirts like that is a good statement against censorship and freedom to put anything out in the open and not treat it like a taboo. Rock has always been about rebellion against the system at its core anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonok said:

Oh come on, it's just some rock n' roll, rebellious type of T-shirts, it's the forever-a-teenager mentality that most rock stars have, and it's just a T-shirt for Christ's sake. If you're offended by the T-shirts, just take a moment to imagine what complete decadence and debauchery they got into in their heyday. Just because the band is hot and can be kind and intelligent doesn't mean they aren't complete assholes and typical male pigs either. It's a perfect balance. :P Besides, wearing shirts like that is a good statement against censorship and freedom to put anything out in the open and not treat it like a taboo. Rock has always been about rebellion against the system at its core anyway.

That time is gone. There are plenty of way cooler tshirts he could wear, like I said before, it's not much about the misoginy message but mainly because they are AWFUL. As in, bad taste. Fashion wise, they stink.

LOL.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nonok said:

I'm not offended. I rarely ever get truely offended by anything. But they are not dumb 20 year old boys anymore and at some point stuff like that isn't really rebellious or cool anymore, just embarrassing. It's beneath them. And if Duff and Izzy (and Slash for the most part) can grow up and grow some brains, so can Axl.

(Also Duff hasn't been an asshole and a pig in a long time. No one knows about Izzy, but he seems to be a nice guy nowadays as well.... Slash and Axl are a different story, though :P)

Edited by Lumikki

Just now, killuridols said:

That time is gone. There are plenty of way cooler tshirts he could wear, like I said before, it's not much about the misoginy message but mainly because they are AWFUL. As in, bad taste. Fashion wise, they stink.

LOL.

That time is gone and look what the times are like now - same amount of depravity and selling of sex, just covered up in corny innuendos and cookie-cutter tolerance. People are afraid to say anything even remotely offensive now, even in the rock world. Look how grandpa Angus is not all for swearing? It's ridiculous, people should be able to wear and say whatever they want. In Axl and Slash's (and formerly the rest of the band) case, they like being over the top with the profanity in the T-shirts, and I say good on them. It looks cool at least, unlike the hats and jackets etc.

2 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I'm not offended. I rarely ever get truely offended by anything. But they are not dumb 20 year old boys anymore and at some point stuff like that isn't really rebellious or cool anymore, just embarrassing. It's beneath them. And if Duff and Izzy (and Slash for the most part) can grow up and grow some brains, so can Axl.

Well, to me it's not embarrassing, I take it as a 'staying young' attitude. But oh well, guess I'm a minority. :lol: Also, I don't really like the way Duff dresses on stage anymore. It's too grandpa-ish. He should wear some denim or a t-shirt or something, those vests remind me of a gay bouncer (no offense to homosexuals lol). And Izzy dresses nicely, but way too formally. Ah, well, at least they're still great performers.

Angus' anti-swearing thing is ridiculous, but I find it very amusing :lol: Especially because Axl ruins it constantly.

Yeah, Duff could mix it up some more. But he's colour-blind and likes to stick with black and what he knows therefore.

Edited by Lumikki

As others have said, the women t-shirts are just fugly. Surely there are better t-shirts out there? But hey, as long as the Morton's Fisherman raincoat and the handlebar mustache are gone, it's all good, LOL.

With Duff, I've read more than once that he's colorblind, which is why almost everything he wears and all of his bass guitars are black, white or gray. The vests are very old-school punk, which is Duff's background, so that makes sense. It would be fun if he brought out the CBGB shirt again but those are so darn trendy now. When he wore it, it was underground and the people who wore the shirt were the ones who went to the club. Now the merch is all over the place...:P

Edited by stella

10 minutes ago, nonok said:

That time is gone and look what the times are like now - same amount of depravity and selling of sex, just covered up in corny innuendos and cookie-cutter tolerance. People are afraid to say anything even remotely offensive now, even in the rock world. Look how grandpa Angus is not all for swearing? It's ridiculous, people should be able to wear and say whatever they want. In Axl and Slash's (and formerly the rest of the band) case, they like being over the top with the profanity in the T-shirts, and I say good on them. It looks cool at least, unlike the hats and jackets etc.

That's like someone passing by a big pile of trash, that you know it is contaminating the environment, and you look at it with fondness while saying "Ahhh Imma throw my junk over there too! Who cares? It is already a big pile of trash, how could it be affected by little innocent junk? My junk is clean!" and so the pile of trash keep growing and growing because of people like that, who think their shit doesn't stink.

I don't care if we still living in horrendous times, I'm not gonna contribute to them staying like that forever. But I think we've made a huge advance regarding certain things and freedom of speech has nothing to do with hurting people. You can have your opinions and be racist, homophobic, misogynist, a bully, whatever.. Ok, go ahead and kill someone if you please! for the so-called freedom of doing whatever the hell I want. I'm all up for it, as long as I dont involve other people and hurt them.

I have no idea about the Angus censorship of swearing, never heard of it and dont know where it comes from. If that's the case, I do think its a bit too much, but we can't put the swearing on the same level of misogyny, homophobia, racism, etc. Misoginy and patriarchy kill women and children every day, every year, in the whole world. I don't find it cool to joke around with it.

It's not that I'm offended. I just don't think there's any shred of cool in all that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nonok said:

To be completely honest, Axl's butt first got me into GNR. :D I was watching the SCOM video and I was like "How can such a fine ass exist on a man? Is he gay? God, I hope he's not. Damn, dat ass is nice, and so is that hair..." etc. And then I went "Oh, but the music's pretty awesome, too".

LOL While I was waiting for ACDC to start playing at the concert I was at, the people standing next to me in the crowd kept asking me if Axl was gay. I said "No, I don't think so" but they wouldn't believe me. I don't know if they were just homophobic or something and thought he was gay because of the way he dresses or whatever. Then the next day, I ran into a girl who was also at the concert. We started talking about Axl and she also asked me if he was gay after I told her that Axl wasn't married and has no known girlfriend. And I've been asked that by other people before.

I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to think Axl is gay. I really, really doubt he is, but I don't get why this is such a big deal to so many people. I'd be perfectly happy if he found himself a nice, handsome guy instead of a nice , beautiful lady. As long as he's happy I'll be happy for him. :heart:

5 minutes ago, stella said:

As others have said, the women t-shirts are just fugly. Surely there are better t-shirts out there? But hey, as long as the Morton's Fisherman raincoat and the handlebar mustache are gone, it's all good, LOL.

With Duff, I've read more than once that he's colorblind, which is why almost everything he wears and all of his bass guitars are black, white or gray.

Don't remind me :scared:

And yeah, Duff once painted the porch of their house bright green or something because he thought the color he bought was brown and his wife and girls laughed at him :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to think Axl is gay. I really, really doubt he is, but I don't get why this is such a big deal to so many people. I'd be perfectly happy if he found himself a nice, handsome guy instead of a nice , beautiful lady. As long as he's happy I'll be happy for him. :heart:

OMG I can't even imagine Axl with a man :rofl-lol:  he's a womanizer woman-womanizer, you're a womanizer, oh womanizer oh, you're a womanizer baby:violin:

• Like 2

I do not remember the name of the company, somebody in GNR N+D  set up a thread with the link to a clothing company who were doing designs for GnR tour. I was really worried because some of the T- shirts on the site were really offensive, to the extent I was going to post a couple of the  pictures but thought I might get a warning from a mod for posting nude pictures.

Don't ask me why (as I do have my own pair) but back in the day I really wanted the Tits, t- shirt as worn famously by Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), for some reason I thought it the coolest thing ever? so the offensive T shirts have been around a long time, but I feel there does become a point when it no longer looks cool and you just look like an out of touch dirty old man.

• Like 1