GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

26 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

LOL While I was waiting for ACDC to start playing at the concert I was at, the people standing next to me in the crowd kept asking me if Axl was gay. I said "No, I don't think so" but they wouldn't believe me. I don't know if they were just homophobic or something and thought he was gay because of the way he dresses or whatever. Then the next day, I ran into a girl who was also at the concert. We started talking about Axl and she also asked me if he was gay after I told her that Axl wasn't married and has no known girlfriend. And I've been asked that by other people before.

I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to think Axl is gay. I really, really doubt he is, but I don't get why this is such a big deal to so many people. I'd be perfectly happy if he found himself a nice, handsome guy instead of a nice , beautiful lady. As long as he's happy I'll be happy for him. :heart:

That's strange. I was never asked that question but I think many people might assume he's gay because it's like the rule with most hot men. And the way he dresses helps a lot to that image :lol: but his demeanor has never screamed gay, in my opinion. He was androgynous, very sexual on stage, sensual too, like too much, but it was never effeminate (sp?). Besides, with his deep voice and rude ways, haha, kinda not matching a typical gay man, even though I know there are "macho" gay men too.

Another theory of mine is that he attracts a lot of gay men. In this forum there are many guys obsessed with Axl's image, more than female worry about, and it is also something very common among gay men to be pretty picky about other guys looks.

17 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

OMG I can't even imagine Axl with a man :rofl-lol:  he's a womanizer woman-womanizer, you're a womanizer, oh womanizer oh, you're a womanizer baby:violin:

hahaa Britney?

Axl nowadays look like a butch lesbian :rofl-lol: because he's all husky and dress A BIT more manly than before :P

Edited by killuridols

11 minutes ago, Carlycosmos said:

OMG I can't even imagine Axl with a man :rofl-lol:  he's a womanizer woman-womanizer, you're a womanizer, oh womanizer oh, you're a womanizer baby:violin:

I remember years ago there was a thread speculating about Axl and this guy (a Swedish soccer player who's supposedly also gay or something, I have no idea, I don't care about soccer :P)

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n400/XMrBrownstoneX/axl62.jpg~original

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Another theory of mine is that he attracts a lot of gay men. In this forum there are many guys obsessed with Axl's image, more than female worry about, and it is also something very common among gay men to be pretty pick about other guys looks.

There's a funny story about Axl ending up at a gay gym once. The guys there recognized him and he ended up signing autographs for all these gay men there. Signing autographs... everywhere :lol:

I also think Elton John might have (had) a bit of a thing for Axl. That video where he hugs Axl and calls him a sweetheart (?) will never not be funny.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I don't know why, but a lot of people seem to think Axl is gay. I really, really doubt he is, but I don't get why this is such a big deal to so many people. I'd be perfectly happy if he found himself a nice, handsome guy instead of a nice , beautiful lady. As long as he's happy I'll be happy for him. :heart:

He did dress up really ambiguously back in the day, that's surely part of the reason. Those shorty shorts, fishnets, crop T-shirts and especially the kilts combined with the dancing, the long hair and touch of feminine looks, although really appealing, are more often than not a staple of gays. Gays are usually hotter than straight guys. :lol: No wonder people who don't know he's the biggest ladies man ever get confused.

1398203485417.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonok said:

He did dress up really ambiguously back in the day, that's surely part of the reason. Those shorty shorts, fishnets, crop T-shirts and especially the kilts combined with the dancing, the long hair and touch of feminine looks, although really appealing, are more often than not a staple of gays. Gays are usually hotter than straight guys. :lol: No wonder people who don't know he's the biggest ladies man ever get confused.

1398203485417.jpg

You're right, that probably plays into it a lot. I was also asked if Axl will be wearing a skirt by someone. I was so confused at first why they would think he'd be wearing a skirt on stage, but then I realized that these people probably only remembered Axl from the UYI days and have no clue what he looks like today. And what a fabulous picture! :lol: He does look like some kind of leather twink there.

2 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Wasn't he also hanging around in a gay bar a few years ago ? ( probably does not mean anything )

Yeah, he did. It's a good sign imo. Shows he's less uncomfortable with gay people nowadays.

Never knew about the Swedish soccer player thing :wow:

Here is this video that I think depicts what we've been talking about with clear images :lol: Can I say the guy was a "whore"? I dont want to offend anyone so please, understand the context.

Look at him! But still HE DOESN'T ACT GAY, in my opinion. Even though, in the middle, there are a couple suspicious images of Slash and him, staring at each other with some hunger :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Never knew about the Swedish soccer player thing :wow:

Here is this video that I think depicts what we've been talking about with clear images :lol: Can I say the guy was a "whore"? I dont want to offend anyone so please, understand the context.

Look at him! But still HE DOESN'T ACT GAY, in my opinion. Even though, in the middle, there are a couple suspicious images of Slash and him, staring at each other with some hunger :rofl-lol:

I think the Swedish soccer player thing was bullshit. People just said that because the soccer guy was rumored to be gay and he and Axl were seen hanging out somewhere and then they disappeared in a car together. But who knows :wow:

That video is awesome, thanks for posting that. And I know what you mean, that man just exudes an aura of sensuality and sexuality.

By the way, does anyone know what concert the footage of  Slash and Axl "staring at each other with some hunger" (:lol:) is from? That looks like an awesome show and I wanna see it.

And speaking of Slaxl, there is a video on youtube that supposedly shows Slash and Axl kissing. I don't think they are though. The crappy quality of the video just makes it look like they are <_<

Edited by Lumikki

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

LOL While I was waiting for ACDC to start playing at the concert I was at, the people standing next to me in the crowd kept asking me if Axl was gay. I said "No, I don't think so" but they wouldn't believe me. I don't know if they were just homophobic or something and thought he was gay because of the way he dresses or whatever. Then the next day, I ran into a girl who was also at the concert. We started talking about Axl and she also asked me if he was gay after I told her that Axl wasn't married and has no known girlfriend. And I've been asked that by other people before.

Back in the day Axl and the others did dress in androgynous ways at times and wear makeup and play with different looks- but that's what many people, both men and women, did in the 80s and early 90s and it has nothing to do with sexuality (plenty of men who actually do like wearing women's clothes and makeup are straight as an arrow, etc.). I mean, look at Annie Lennox in the early 80s, or The Cure with their lipstick and eyeliner, or Poison, or Vince in Motley Crue for a while there...people experimented with gender norms and it was all good. But now I think people look back at that and wonder what it meant about sexuality, especially if they weren't around at the time or were not familiar with that scene (what does it mean? Nothing...the rock star who came out as gay, Rob Halford, was not the one wearing makeup!). Or they aren't familiar with whatever the person is wearing (ie, Axl wears kilts. Any Scottish man would probably be furious if someone thought those were skirts.).

I think there's a tendency to think that if a person is eternally single they must be gay and hiding it, but that's such bullshit IMHO. Maybe back in the day - but now? Not likely. Maybe they're single and they actually want it that way. Maybe they're playing the field and sleep with a different person every night. Maybe they're married and are keeping things quiet. Anything is possible. A lot of celebrities do try to keep their romances totally out of the public eye for everyone's safety.

If he's straight, gay, swings both ways, whatever, it's all good.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Dunno about gays, but it definitely works for me haha :wub:

13 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

By the way, does anyone know what concert the footage of Slash and Axl "staring at each other with some hunger" (:lol:) is from? That looks like an awesome show and I wanna see it.

very good footage indeed :drool::drool::drool:

24 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I think the Swedish soccer player thing was bullshit. People just said that because the soccer guy was rumored to be gay and he and Axl were seen hanging out somewhere and then they disappeared in a car together. But who knows :wow:

That video is awesome, thanks for posting that. And I know what you mean, that man just exudes an aura of sensuality and sexuality.

By the way, does anyone know what concert the footage of  Slash and Axl "staring at each other with some hunger" (:lol:) is from? That looks like an awesome show and I wanna see it.

And speaking of Slaxl, there is a video on youtube that supposedly shows Slash and Axl kissing. I don't think they are though. The crappy quality of the video just makes it look like they are <_<

You're welcome :)

I know which video you're talking about but I think it's bullshit. It's Slash screaming on the mic and all the darkness of the place not helping, haha :lol:

No, I don't know exactly which was that concert but it must not be that hard to find out because its one where Shannon Hoon was invited and Izzy was still in, so something from 1991? Maybe the warm-up shows?

26 minutes ago, stella said:

Back in the day Axl and the others did dress in androgynous ways at times and wear makeup and play with different looks- but that's what many people, both men and women, did in the 80s and early 90s and it has nothing to do with sexuality (plenty of men who actually do like wearing women's clothes and makeup are straight as an arrow, etc.). I mean, look at Annie Lennox in the early 80s, or The Cure with their lipstick and eyeliner, or Poison, or Vince in Motley Crue for a while there...people experimented with gender norms and it was all good. But now I think people look back at that and wonder what it meant about sexuality, especially if they weren't around at the time or were not familiar with that scene (what does it mean? Nothing...the rock star who came out as gay, Rob Halford, was not the one wearing makeup!). Or they aren't familiar with whatever the person is wearing (ie, Axl wears kilts. Any Scottish man would probably be furious if someone thought those were skirts.).

I think there's a tendency to think that if a person is eternally single they must be gay and hiding it, but that's such bullshit IMHO. Maybe back in the day - but now? Not likely. Maybe they're single and they actually want it that way. Maybe they're playing the field and sleep with a different person every night. Maybe they're married and are keeping things quiet. Anything is possible. A lot of celebrities do try to keep their romances totally out of the public eye for everyone's safety.

If he's straight, gay, swings both ways, whatever, it's all good.

Yeah, I don't really understand why people don't realize that nowadays. I wasn't even alive for most of the 80s, and I don't question everyone's sexuality because of their make-up and outfits :P

Also, to be quite honest, Axl comes across as way too insecure in his own masculinity and sexuality to ever get too close to another guy, even just for experimentation or whatever. The man produces an endless stream of "no homo" jokes and moments. I really noticed that on that radio interview with Sebastian Bach that he did some years ago. Axl just managed to turn even the most innocent comments into a gay joke. It's a bit eyeroll-worthy. And he still does that, just noticed it in one of the recent videos of him meeting fans again. Not to mention that he's (or at least used to be) way too concerned about people "butt-fucking" him. Practically every time I see an old concert video or something, he makes at least one weird comment regarding that topic. Not everyone is after his ass :rolleyes:

Edited by Lumikki

7 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, I don't really understand why people don't realize that nowadays. I wasn't even alive for most of the 80s, and I don't question everyone's sexuality because of their make-up and outfits :P

Also, to be quite honest, Axl comes across as way too insecure in his own masculinity and sexuality to ever get too close to another guy, even just for experimentation or whatever. The man produces an endless stream of "no homo" jokes and moments. I really noticed that on that radio interview with Sebastian Bach that he did some years ago. Axl just managed to turn even the most innocent comments into a gay joke. It's a bit eyeroll-worthy. And he still does that, just noticed it one of the recent videos of him meeting fans again. Not to mention that he's (or at least used to be) way too concerned about people "butt-fucking" him. Practically every time I see an old concert video or something, he makes at least one weird comment regarding that topic.

I never noticed that? and I listened to that interview a lot!!! Can you help me with some parts? I dont recall the gay jokes...

Oh well, I do recall ONE that made me rotflmao!! When Sebastian is talking about something going on inside his pants and Axl's in the massage (sp?) bed waiting for his chiropractor? I'm not sure how the whole story goes but he tells Sebastian to start clearing up the story because it sounds like something, ahem, different, hahaaha :lol:

Not everyone is after his ass :rolleyes:

Shut up! I AM!!!! :drool:

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Also, to be quite honest, Axl comes across as way too insecure in his own masculinity and sexuality to ever get too close to another guy, even just for experimentation or whatever. The man produces an endless stream of "no homo" jokes and moments. I really noticed that on that radio interview with Sebastian Bach that he did some years ago. Axl just managed to turn even the most innocent comments into a gay joke. It's a bit eyeroll-worthy. And he still does that, just noticed it in one of the recent videos of him meeting fans again. Not to mention that he's (or at least used to be) way too concerned about people "butt-fucking" him. Practically every time I see an old concert video or something, he makes at least one weird comment regarding that topic. Not everyone is after his ass :rolleyes:

He's still doing that? :facepalm:

There is a school of thought that if a person goes on and on that way, they doth protest too much, so to speak. Ie, if a person goes on and on about how they're not gay and constantly make those sorts of comments and won't let it go, they're actually struggling with being gay and are trying to convince themselves and others that it's not true. I think that in some cases there's probably truth to that: some of the politicians and religious leaders who were really homophobic were found to be in that proverbial closet.

But on the other hand I think many men have been raised with this stupid idea that showing any affection to other men at all, even in a platonic friendly way, is either very weak or means that they're gay, which is ridiculous. I can't count the number of times I've seen posts, even here, where guys have said something like, "hey, no homo, but I love you."

Edited by stella

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I never noticed that? and I listened to that interview a lot!!! Can you help me with some parts? I dont recall the gay jokes...

Oh well, I do recall ONE that made me rotflmao!! When Sebastian is talking about something going on inside his pants and Axl's in the massage (sp?) bed waiting for his chiropractor? I'm not sure how the whole story goes but he tells Sebastian to start clearing up the story because it sounds like something, ahem, different, hahaaha :lol:

Shut up! I AM!!!! :drool:

:rofl-lol:

Yeah, the one you mentioned for example. Or the one where Sebastian says something about a "maelstrom of people" around Axl and Axl only hears the "male" part and is worried where this is going. Or when he makes that crack about the London Leather Boys while they are talking about the lyrics of Accept (a German metal band that had/has a gay reputation in the US. Axl mentions he and Izzy were talking about the gay lyrics on one of their albums and Izzy was shocked that the lyrics where written by a women :P). Or when he mentioned NAMBLA (some kind of pedophile boy love thing that existed in the 80s or whatever). Or when he made the Brokeback mountain joke. And that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

(And I am too, but since most of us here don't own penises, he's got nothing to fear from us.... OR DOES HE? :ph34r::rofl-lol:)

31 minutes ago, stella said:

He's still doing that? :facepalm:

There is a school of thought that if a person goes on and on that way, they doth protest too much, so to speak. Ie, if a person goes on and on about how they're not gay and constantly make those sorts of comments and won't let it go, they're actually struggling with being gay and are trying to convince themselves and others that it's not true. I think that in some cases there's probably truth to that: some of the politicians and religious leaders who were really homophobic were found to be in that proverbial closet.

But on the other hand I think many if not most men have been raised with this stupid idea that showing any affection to other men at all, even in a platonic friendly way, must mean that they're gay, which is ridiculous. I can't count the number of times I've seen posts, even here, where guys have said something like, "hey, no homo, but I love you." Or all the times you see guys hug each other in movies and then immediately feel the need to turn around and do something cool and "manly" to counteract the hug. It's like they have to constantly uphold this idea of being a manly heterosexual male.

He made a comment somewhere about how he doesn't mind hugs, as long as they are from girls and not from boys :rolleyes: Nothing overly dramatic, but it's a pattern with him.

I'm aware of that theory and also agree that it's true to some extent (there have certainly been a lot of these cases), but I have no idea if it could apply to Axl.

And yeah, that as well. It's stupid and incredibly pervasive in society. Axl seems to be very affected by that kind of thinking, but some guys are coming around. Even in GnR :lol: Duff for example has talked a lot about macho bullshit behavior and how important it is to spend quality time and be affectionate with your friends. And your children, wife, dogs... everyone you love basically. His second book and his columns are full of that kind of thing. He's a very "Cut the macho bullshit, don't be homophobic, don't be an asshole, listen to your wife, help her with house work, change your kids' diapers, etc" guy nowadays. It's wonderful to see.

Edited by Lumikki

6 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

He made a comment somewhere about how he doesn't mind hugs, as long as they are from girls and not from boys :rolleyes: Nothing overly dramatic, but it's a pattern with him.

I'm aware of that theory and also agree that's is true to some extent (there have certainly been a lot of these cases), but I have no idea if it could apply to Axl.

And yeah, that as well. It's stupid and incredibly pervasive in society. Axl seems to be very affected by that kind of thinking, but some guys are coming around. Even in GnR :lol: Duff for example has talked a lot about macho bullshit behavior and how important it is to spend quality time and be affectionate with your friends. And your children, wife, dogs... everyone you love basically. His second book and his columns are full of that kind of thing. He's a very "Cut the macho bullshit, don't be homophobic, don't be an asshole, listen to your wife, help her with house work, change your kids' diapers, etc" guy nowadays. It's wonderful to see.

Hugs from girls and not boys? :facepalm: I agree, I don't know if Axl doth protest too much or he's just had that "be a manly manly man with stereotypical gender expectations!" ethos hammered into him. Probably the latter.

I agree that the culture does seem to be changing, and that's a great thing. Duff's definitely a prime example of that, and I think his perspectives and opinions on dropping the macho bullshit are really impressive and spot on. He seems completely secure with who he is and what he cares about in life, and he's so supportive of his daughters, wife and friends. It's a shame he's not doing his column right now, because I thought it was excellent.

14 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yeah, the one you mentioned for example. Or the one where Sebastian says something about a "maelstrom of people" around Axl and Axl only hears the "male" part and is worried where this is going. Or when he makes that crack about the London Leather Boys while they are talking about the lyrics of Accept (a German metal band that had/has a gay reputation in the US. Axl mentions he and Izzy were talking about the gay lyrics on one of their albums and Izzy was shocked that the lyrics where written by a women :P). Or when he mentioned NAMBLA (some kind of pedophile boy love thing that existed in the 80s or whatever). Or when he made the Brokeback mountain joke. And that's just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

(And I am too, but since most of us here don't own penises, he's got nothing to fear from us.... OR DOES HE? :ph34r::rofl-lol:)

Oh, wow, I didn't remember that much. Or maybe I didn't pay that much attention.

I guess that's who he is. But now that you put focus on it, it does sound and look like he's got a thing with that. Although, that's typical of most men and remember he's 54 now. Im sure younger men are not that alert about everything being gay, as Axl is.

yeah  Duff has certainly grown up on so many levels, I wonder about his relationship with Axl.

Duff seems to at ease with himself, Axl still come across as a work in progress. 

9 minutes ago, stella said:

Hugs from girls and not boys? :facepalm: I agree, I don't know if Axl doth protest too much or he's just had that "be a manly manly man with stereotypical gender expectations!" ethos hammered into him. Probably the latter.

I agree that the culture does seem to be changing, and that's a great thing. Duff's definitely a prime example of that, and I think his perspectives and opinions on dropping the macho bullshit are really impressive and spot on. He seems completely secure with who he is and what he cares about in life, and he's so supportive of his daughters, wife and friends. It's a shame he's not doing his column right now, because I thought it was excellent.

I think Duff's development is impressive as well. Who would have expected it from him? I get the impression everyone just viewed him as the dumb drunk blond bassist back in the day. And nowadays he's by far the most mature and intelligent out of all of them (and he even has a university degree in finance :lol:).

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh, wow, I didn't remember that much. Or maybe I didn't pay that much attention.

I guess that's who he is. But now that you put focus on it, it does sound and look like he's got a thing with that. Although, that's typical of most men and remember he's 54 now. Im sure younger men are not that alert about everything being gay, as Axl is.

It's burned into my brain because I had to google a lot of that shit. Like I said, I'm not a native English speaker either and audio interviews like that are tough to understand for me at places sometimes. But I hate not understanding stuff, so I had to research what the hell they were talking about at some points.

6 minutes ago, Archtop said:

yeah  Duff has certainly grown up on so many levels, I wonder about his relationship with Axl.

Duff seems to at ease with himself, Axl still come across as a work in progress. 

I really hope Duff can have a positive influence on Axl. There are so many things Axl could learn from Duff.

9 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I think Duff's development is impressive as well. Who would have expected it from him? I get the impression everyone just viewed him as the dumb drunk blond bassist back in the day. And nowadays he's by far the most mature and intelligent out of all of them (and he even has a university degree in finance :lol:).

I really hope Duff can have a positive influence on Axl. There are so many things Axl could learn from Duff.

Very much. He's incredibly smart, socially aware and mature.

Back in the day, that was the persona he seemed to have - the "king of beers" with the punk mentality. I do remember reading an interview after AfD came out, though (I wasn't even a preteen at that point). They had mini-interviews with the band members and on Duff's page, he said he liked to read. And then he went into a long discussion on the books he was reading. It totally threw me because it didn't seem like it fit the drunk dude persona he had. It took a while for Duff to get everything right in his world, but it's been amazing watching what he's done since then.

I think that Duff and Axl's friendship has to be a great thing for both of them to have again. Axl seemed so happy when Duff played in NuGNR. In Duff's book he seemed to understand and connect with Axl on a different level.