GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Apollo is pulling out the whipped cream as we speak..

He got what he wanted and this fun and random GNR stuff has found its own home where he can avoid it. How about we leave him out of this topic?

We got ourselves a happy (possibly drunk) party and want to keep it that way:

20090407_drunktalica.nocrop.w670.h449.jp

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

He got what he wanted and this fun and random GNR stuff has found its own home where he can avoid it. How about we leave him out of this topic?

We got ourselves a happy (possibly drunk) party and want to keep it that way:

20090407_drunktalica.nocrop.w670.h449.jp

He's still a loser :lol:

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

That last picture of Axl and Slash is fake/photoshop. In the real picture Slash is with his ex wife Reene Suran

I know. They're both fake manips, that's why I said I didn't make them. Just think they re funny :P

God damn, this thread moves like a hurricane! It's exactly what's been missing from this forum. :heart: It's great how we can have disagreements without getting into fights and everyone can share their opinion and they won't get ignored or insulted. Women power, man! :lol:

As for Axl and gay jokes etc., I think the majority of his "pro-heterosexual" mentality comes from his childhood as well. His stepfather (and allegedly his real father too) raped him and molested him when he was just a child. Not to mention that St. Louis guy that also tried to rape him and who knows how many more incidents like that (curse them good looks of his). Facts are facts - the majority of rapists are male and it's way harder to protect yourself from a physical assault from a man than from a woman. He was traumatized, it's natural that he's a bit homophobic. I think he makes those jokes unconsciously in order to put up a wall and show that he's not afraid, he finds it amusing and it doesn't affect him.

That "I accept hugs only from girls" thing is complete bullshit, don't take it seriously. :lol: Just look at the pictures of him hugging and laying around with the rest of the band, especially in the early days. He just needs to trust someone a lot in order to let his guard down. He's as introverted as can be and he lets out his pent up energy on stage (or takes it out on his furniture if he's mad).

Anyway, those Duff/Axl pics are love. :wub: I think their friendship is the one full of most respect and least vile thoughts out of all the relationships in the band. Yeah, Duff and Slash are BFFs, Axl and Slash are the polar opposites, Axl and Izzy are childhood friends etc. but by the way Duff worded it in his first book, he and Axl bonded very early on because of their disorders (Axl's bipolar and Duff's had panic attacks since childhood) and they've always been able to reach an understanding even when Axl was being a huge diva and Duff was drunk/high off his ass. Duff also admired how Axl seemed to ooze the punk rock attitude and I think Axl had deep respect for Duff's intelligence and level-headedness.

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:
tumblr_o4yxj0Btyk1v7fpfgo1_500.gif

Anyone know what show this gif is from, by the way? I've seen it, I just can't remember. :D

@sanity_lost that's a really cool pic! I like how Duff is always so affectionate with his friends.

@Andy14 these gifs are :rofl-lol: And Axl's child-like joy at pranking his band mates is adorable :heart:

@Frey I've seen an Axl/Izzy version of that first manip as well. I'll see if I can dig it up

@Carlycosmos LOL! I always enjoy your photoshop creations

9 minutes ago, nonok said:

God damn, this thread moves like a hurricane! It's exactly what's been missing from this forum. :heart: It's great how we can have disagreements without getting into fights and everyone can share their opinion and they won't get ignored or insulted. Women power, man! :lol:

As for Axl and gay jokes etc., I think the majority of his "pro-heterosexual" mentality comes from his childhood as well. His stepfather (and allegedly his real father too) raped him and molested him when he was just a child. Not to mention that St. Louis guy that also tried to rape him and who knows how many more incidents like that (curse them good looks of his). Facts are facts - the majority of rapists are male and it's way harder to protect yourself from a physical assault from a man than from a woman. He was traumatized, it's natural that he's a bit homophobic. I think he makes those jokes unconsciously in order to put up a wall and show that he's not afraid, he finds it amusing and it doesn't affect him.

That "I accept hugs only from girls" thing is complete bullshit, don't take it seriously. :lol: Just look at the pictures of him hugging and laying around with the rest of the band, especially in the early days. He just needs to trust someone a lot in order to let his guard down. He's as introverted as can be and he lets out his pent up energy on stage (or takes it out on his furniture if he's mad).

Anyway, those Duff/Axl pics are love. :wub: I think their friendship is the one full of most respect and least vile thoughts out of all the relationships in the band. Yeah, Duff and Slash are BFFs, Axl and Slash are the polar opposites, Axl and Izzy are childhood friends etc. but by the way Duff worded it in his first book, he and Axl bonded very early on because of their disorders (Axl's bipolar and Duff's had panic attacks since childhood) and they've always been able to reach an understanding even when Axl was being a huge diva and Duff was drunk/high off his ass. Duff also admired how Axl seemed to ooze the punk rock attitude and I think Axl had deep respect for Duff's intelligence and level-headedness.

Anyone know what show this gif is from, by the way? I've seen it, I just can't remember. :D

Yep, we're truly superior at keeping things civil and pleasant for everyone :D

And yeah, I agree, Axl has suffered a lot of trauma in his life and that clearly shaped him. I don't blame him and I understand why he's doing certain things, but I also hope he's healing and can rise above all that some day. I think he's getting there. He seems to be doing a lot better in all areas of his life recently.

Also agree about Axl and Duff's friendship. It seems to be the least toxic or damaged relationship out of all of them.

I want to know which show this is from as well. It reminds me of that famous scene from the Titanic movie :lol:

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

I must admit hot men kissing is hot:shrugs:

I used to read a lot of gay fanfic back in the days :facepalm:

and the last gif of Duff and Axl is really sweet!

:lol:

Not blaming you, I think it's hot as well.

(And I did, too. What else are you supposed to do when you're a GnR obsessed 14 year old and bored in school? :P)

21 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@sanity_lost

21 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

@sanity_lost that's a really cool pic! I like how Duff is always so affectionate with his friends.

@Andy14 these gifs are :rofl-lol: And Axl's child-like joy at pranking his band mates is adorable :heart:

@Frey I've seen an Axl/Izzy version of that first manip as well. I'll see if I can dig it up

And yeah, I agree, Axl has suffered a lot of trauma in his life and that clearly shaped him. I don't blame him and I understand why he's doing certain things, but I also hope he's healing and can rise above all that some day. I think he's getting there. He seems to be doing a lot better in all areas of his life recently.

Also agree about Axl and Duff's friendship. It seems to be the least toxic or damaged relationship out of all of them.

I want to know which show this is from as well. It reminds me of that famous scene from the Titanic movie :lol:

(And I did, too. What else are you supposed to do when you're a GnR obsessed 14 year old and bored in school? :P)

that's a really cool pic! I like how Duff is always so affectionate with his friends.

well I'm in my early 30's so it's been a long time!

3 minutes ago, starlight said:

well I'm in my early 30's so it's been a long time!

I'm in my 20s, but the problem is that 95% of the GnR fan fiction out there is pure crap. I have high standards, damnit, even for my trashy reading material :max::lol:

Speaking of teenage girls, did everyone see Axl's newest tweet? He writes like a 12 year old :facepalm::rofl-lol: