GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

24 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Not the physical attractiveness level stuff :)

It's the "Freak Show" stuff. Judging people's personalities by pictures or snips that are seen only briefly. The tearing someone you don't know down is abundant all over the internet and isn't really all that bad here, but just dabbling of toes in it makes me uncomfortable. I don't like it when people do it to celebrities though I understand they put themselves out in the public and will draw ire, but the derisive comment about people who just happen to be around the celebrities will always make me uncomfortable.

Feel free to ignore me :)! I am just overly sensitive to other people's feelings. Not how they feel, but how they might feel. It is a side effect of my lack of caring of what others (with a exception of a very small select few) think about me. At some point in my childhood I realized that not everyone was as cold and dispassionate as I was and I should be careful of that. My lack of ability to judge how much others really care about stuff (and people, I have found, are all over the place with this) have made me default to being overly sensitive. 

On this topic, just a quick question: If you would like to meet Axl and chat with him and shake his hand get a signature, do you really think he would like you at all if he knew you were saying all kinds of disparaging things about his friends/family? Do you think he'd smile at you and take a picture with you?

Can I make quite clear, I didn't call them the freak show, someone else started that and I have only referred to it so people in this forum know which group of people I mean. I think I said the gang anyway, but apologies if I also used the word freak show.  I don't feel I have teared anyone down, in fact I've tried to be as polite as I can and just report accurately what I saw. So I don't what disparaging things I am supposed to have said about his friends and family are - I think you mean other people's posts, not mine. 

• Like 1

Just now, ACP said:

Can I make quite clear, I didn't call them the freak show, someone else started that and I have only referred to it so people in this forum know which group of people I mean. I think I said the gang anyway, but apologies if I also used the word freak show.  I don't feel I have teared anyone down, in fact I've tried to be as polite as I can and just report accurately what I saw. So I don't what disparaging things I am supposed to have said about his friends and family are - I think you mean other people's posts, not mine. 

No problem! My original comment was in general about this thread. My reply was just a clarification on what I was finding uncomfortable.  I quote you since you quoted me and  I was clarifying what I as talking about. I am not judging anyone by any means!

2 minutes ago, ACP said:

It sucks this over-sensitive person is kind of hindering you with those things they said, because you're new and you're trying to be cool and now you're probably censor yourself or something.

People here tear everyone off. It's a discussion board, after all. Axl and all the band members have unlimited threads dedicated to criticism of all kinds. And I dont see a lot of people jumping in defense of the poor band members (the real ones who keep this boat on float) being tore down by the fans. :shrugs:

Like I said before, you dont see people giving shit to Axl's sister or Axl's brother. No one comments anything bad about Slash or Duff's children. And most of it have to do with the fact that those people don't ride on Axl or the Guns N' Roses name. They dont keep the fans away from their heroes and they dont interfere with their unwanted presence.

Entourage gets what they encourage. They are playing the game just like us.

Just now, dgnr said:

#teamerin #axrin :heart:

haha yeah! FTW! :headbang:

3 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

No problem! My original comment was in general about this thread. My reply was just a clarification on what I was finding uncomfortable.  I quote you since you quoted me and  I was clarifying what I as talking about. I am not judging anyone by any means!

I think we all have some topics we feel uncomfortable about. For me it's talking about Axl's and other guys' personal lives, I try to skip it and move on to something not that personal and serious. I come here to have a good laugh and find some nice pics.

I feel the whole talk about Axl's entourage has nothing to do with Axl as a person, nobody wants to hurt him. It's more like helping him realize (not in a real sense since he will never read this thread of course) who the real friends are for his own good since those people around him seem to take advantage of him and not really care. :shrugs:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It sucks this over-sensitive person is kind of hindering you with those things they said, because you're new and you're trying to be cool and now you're probably censor yourself or something.

People here tear everyone off. It's a discussion board, after all. Axl and all the band members have unlimited threads dedicated to criticism of all kinds. And I dont see a lot of people jumping in defense of the poor band members (the real ones who keep this boat on float) being tore down by the fans. :shrugs:

Like I said before, you dont see people giving shit to Axl's sister or Axl's brother. No one comments anything bad about Slash or Duff's children. And most of it have to do with the fact that those people don't ride on Axl or the Guns N' Roses name. They dont keep the fans away from their heroes and they dont interfere with their unwanted presence.

Entourage gets what they encourage. They are playing the game just like us.

haha yeah! FTW! :headbang:

Thanks Demi-God.  I am not hear to slag anyone off, that's not me.  When the world last really saw Axl all those years ago, and to a lesser extent in recent years, we saw Axl with and without GnR the band, along with other famous people he performed with etc.  Now he is back in the spotlight but is surrounded by all these 'new' faces and most people aren't going to know who they are.  I didn't and that's why I asked who the volcano was. I thought the moustache (sorry not sure of his name Fernando?) was just part of his security team until I came to this board. Then more people have become identified (I'm still not sure who they are). In any case, what I'm trying to say is for me they are all new.  I am usually good at judging first impressions, and my first impressions are that they seem like they've hit a bit of a jackpot and are controlling at lot of things. I also think one of them probably writes Axl's posts on Twitter.  Now I could be wrong and I'm more than happy to admit it if I am, but that's just my first impressions, which by what I have been reading around the web, sound like I might be spot on.  

Just now, Andy14 said:

I think we all have some topics we feel uncomfortable about. For me it's talking about Axl's and other guys' personal lives, I try to skip it and move on to something not that personal and serious. I come here to have a good laugh and find some nice pics.

I feel the whole talk about Axl's entourage has nothing to do with Axl as a person, nobody wants to hurt him. It's more like helping him realize (not in a real sense since he will never read this thread of course) who the real friends are for his own good since those people around him seem to take advantage of him and not really care. :shrugs:

I am a people watcher at heart. I am fascinated by people in general and like to figure out what makes them tick. I usually read more than comment and didn't mean to bring this up and make people second guess themselves or be more uncomfortable.

20 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I agree with this. I am not into the "Axl (or other band member) is so sexy, let's ogle him" stuff, and the "so and so needs to lose weight" stuff, because I don't think it's really cool to comment on others' bodies, so I tend to skip over that. Nothing against those who are doing that; I just don't dig it personally. The nice thing about this thread is that it's easy to do that and move on to another area of conversation.

I do think that sometimes it's easy to forget that public figures ARE human beings and have feelings - frankly if I were famous I think I would need to just not read the Internet or Google my name because no matter who you are, someone will be out there saying something critical and probably cruel. I read a while back that some poor five year old on a Disney show was getting death threats. But considering the nasty shit that has been said about every single member of this band on other threads all over this board, and derogatory comments leveled toward women, and so forth...this thread is benign. Everyone here seems to genuinely like and respect the band in whatever way works for them.

I also think that criticizing someone's behavior is valid - waiting to meet someone and having them hustled away by their entourage would probably be upsetting to anyone.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ACP said:

Thanks Demi-God.  I am not hear to slag anyone off, that's not me.  When the world last really saw Axl all those years ago, and to a lesser extent in recent years, we saw Axl with and without GnR the band, along with other famous people he performed with etc.  Now he is back in the spotlight but is surrounded by all these 'new' faces and most people aren't going to know who they are.  I didn't and that's why I asked who the volcano was. I thought the moustache (sorry not sure of his name Fernando?) was just part of his security team until I came to this board. Then more people have become identified (I'm still not sure who they are). In any case, what I'm trying to say is for me they are all new.  I am usually good at judging first impressions, and my first impressions are that they seem like they've hit a bit of a jackpot and are controlling at lot of things. I also think one of them probably writes Axl's posts on Twitter.  Now I could be wrong and I'm more than happy to admit it if I am, but that's just my first impressions, which by what I have been reading around the web, sound like I might be spot on.  

You are spot on. Beta's entire family (she herself, her children, her children's husbands/wifes, their children, and other family members and friends) all basically live off Axl. Of course they never want to leave his good side, he supports their nice luxurious life style.

Additionally, these people have been very rude to fans in the past. Both in real life and even on this forum (Beta and Fernando used to post here a couple of times, often being rude and arrogant). They also behaved terribly on other social media.

Some people also dislike them because they think they're emotionally manipulative with Axl. You see, Axl loves Beta very much, she's like the mother he never had and she lives with him and is by his side constantly. But then one day she talked about how she gave Axl an ultimatum: If he didn't make her (and her children) the managers of GnR, she was going to leave. Axl of course made them the managers (despite the fact that they are not qualified to be that), because he probably couldn't deal with Beta leaving. And of course they have done a shit job of managing this band ever since. This whole emotional blackmail episode made some people seriously side-eye these people.

There are even more weird stories like that. They apparently shield Axl from a lot of stuff and keep him kind of bubble-wrapped, which has also caused drama before (like the Slash T-shirt drama or when Beta came here and bitched about how they'd worked so hard at keeping Axl from seeing something, but now he knows and blablabla...). It's really strange.

So these are basically some of the reason why most of the people on this forum dislike them (not just the people in this thread). And because of this, and also the reasons @killuridols and @Andy14 mentioned, I really don't feel guilty about being critical about them.

EDIT: @killuridols we posted at the same time, saying very similar things :lol: These two posts cover now most of the reasons why the entourage is so disliked. Could be used as a guide for newbies :P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ACP said:

Fact is these people are not "new" (some of them are a bit newer) but TB has been around him since 1993. The volcano and the rest appeared around 2006 (when Axl returned looking very fit, cornrows and had a pretty busy year). Die-hards who move around Internet forums like this (and the others), Facebook pages, Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram, etc. know who some of these people are. Most fans, the ones who fill the stadiums, are fortunate enough to not know who they are, so it really depends on how long you've been online and where you have hung out, for how long and to what extent, to whether know more about this people or not.

Things may look cool now but it wasn't always like that. In all those years Axl was trying to promote his version of Guns N' Roses and promote CD, management didn't have a good relationship with the fans. The lack of news, communication, a good website, etc. all those things enraged fans. No one was telling anything. We didnt know what would be the plans for this band. Every once in a while we knew something, then came the endless touring of Chinese Democracy, the AFDemocracy DVD, the Vegas shows. But people wasnt happy, people wanted reunion and/or new music. Those were the toughest times to be a fan of this band, well, there been a lot of gaps in between but the more the years went by without plans, we were getting hopeless and hopeless.

About control, yes, they control everything. They are Axl's management. Don't expect Axl to be in charge of logistics and stuff. I know Fernando usually goes the asshole route, becomes aggressive and that makes the fans hate him much more. I don't know why he gets like that. I think he has unsolved anger issues and that its not helping the case, but there's no way out of it. I think if you act polite, dont get too desperate and give Axl space, they won't be much of a jerk to you. And it can also happen that they feel powerful and decide when and how Axl has to sign stuff or spend time with his fans.

Some fans will tell you they are amazing, great and the best thing to happen to Axl's lives. Others will say they are the worst, that they should be deleted away and bring back, I dont know, Doug Goldstein. :P

It all depend on whether you got the picture or not, the autograph, etc. And I also think, to play devil's advocate, that they couldn't be all smiley faces either because people then would take advantage and abuse Axl.

ps. I don't think Axl has a person writting his tweets. He's too much of a creative mind to let that happen and I think thats definitely his style, the way he tweets.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

So these are basically some of the reason why most of the people on this forum dislike them (not just the people in this thread). And because of this, and also the reasons @killuridols and @Andy14 mentioned, I really don't feel guilty about being critical about them.

EDIT: @killuridols we posted at the same time, saying very similar things :lol: These two posts cover now most of the reasons why the entourage is so disliked. Could be used as a guide for newbies :P

That's because great minds think alike :hug:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so to the person on this thread who accused me of hating erin everly because i disagree that an axl/erin reunion would be a good thing? erin just answered to and liked a post i made on one of her social media sites! so no hate here :lol:

Details please? What did she like and what did she say?

I had no idea about all these people surrounding Axl, until I began to read this forum. I still feel very clueless.

I remember a few months ago, when Fernando stopped by. He answered one of my questions - I asked if Axl was doing well - and he seemed friendly. But other people thought he was being sarcastic during that conversation? I don't know. I always have a difficult time spotting when someone is being sarcastic or not.

Beta really put Axl on the spot like that? That would be emotional blackmail. Does this mean that she and her family receive a management cut out of everything Axl earns? The band will be making at least $100,000,000 this tour. If Axl makes, say, $10,000,000 out of that and they receive 20 - 40 percent... that's a lot of money to be earning in unfair ways, if it's true.

I don't know, though. Axl is an intelligent man, and quite business-minded. Would he really be unable to spot people who don't have his best interests at heart? Who just use him for money and status? It all seems so strange.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Speaking of Rome...

:P

Oh god, we'd been talking too much about him, so we brought his post into being ;)

Let's talk about Axl reading this thread!!!

(just kidding :nervous:)

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Oh god, we'd been talking too much about him, so we brought his post into being ;)

Let's talk about Axl reading this thread!!!

(just kidding :nervous:)

yes i think it would be very...interesting for lack of a better word? if Axl were to read this thread

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes i think it would be very...interesting for lack of a better word? if Axl were to read this thread

He'll probably think that we're like those weird ladies who seem to have a one-way relationship with him on Twitter. Have you ever seen those? They keep on sending him messages on there, like he's their boyfriend. Yet he never, ever responds to them. :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

I had no idea about all these people surrounding Axl, until I began to read this forum. I still feel very clueless.

I remember a few months ago, when Fernando stopped by. He answered one of my questions - I asked if Axl was doing well - and he seemed friendly. But other people thought he was being sarcastic during that conversation? I don't know. I always have a difficult time spotting when someone is being sarcastic or not.

Beta really put Axl on the spot like that? That would be emotional blackmail. Does this mean that she and her family receive a management cut out of everything Axl earns? The band will be making at least $100,000,000 this tour. If Axl makes, say, $10,000,000 out of that and they receive 20 - 40 percent... that's a lot of money to be earning in unfair ways, if it's true.

I don't know, though. Axl is an intelligent man, and quite business-minded. Would he really be unable to spot people who don't have his best interests at heart? Who just use him for money and status? It all seems so strange.

Trust me, love, and feeling the need to have someone close to you, makes you blind no matter how smart you really are.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Speaking of Rome...

:P

It's like Beetlejuice! But as speaking for myself as someone who is reentering GNR fandom and catching up with the entourage intel this Fernando comes off as a bit of dick. Like he seems to take credit for too much and even though this "small bands" comment is an attempt at humor it still sounds douchey. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, andy_rose said:

Trust me, love, and feeling the need to have someone close to you, makes you blind no matter how smart you really are.

But if you were in a position like that, you'd surely know that it's not real. That those people - whether it's people you personally like, or models who visit you backstage - are only paying you any attention because of your money, and your status. That they'd be gone in a heartbeat if your fortune changed. Which must make for a terribly lonely, empty existence...

I don't think I could live like that. No matter how much it hurt, I think I would break with people like that, and hope to find new friends who cared about me for who I am, not what I am, or what I have.

• Like 2