GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, Frey said:

A lot of his tweets feel like they were made by a 12 year old girl trying to be cute. Don't you remember the recent "Un42nutzly I's won'tz b signing things 4 a while... (insert row of emojis)" tweet? 

Guess Axl's just a 12 year old kid inside or something :shrugs:

Ah yeah. Actually thought that one was funny. 

But yeah you've a point. 

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Dayam, Dizzy looks great with a beard! Anyone with me?

Untitled.png

Dizzy never looks good imo but that beard certainly makes him look better

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ya, I think he looks more manly..like a lumberjack type of dude. Not sure how that works for a keyboard player though, ha!

Maybe he should go for a Melissa kinda look... suits the keyboard playing perfectly. 

Sorry for going back to the 'Axl's hair' topic, but...

Axl really should change his hair color, i saw this picture at the Ax/DLC picture thread and because of the color tone of the picture, his hair looks much more vivid and more close to the classic red hair.

His hair color now it's really bad.

de148.png

In this other picture with a more close tone to reality , you can see how shit his hair color is in comparison.

de149.png

6 hours ago, Frey said:

A lot of his tweets feel like they were made by a 12 year old girl trying to be cute. Don't you remember the recent "Un42nutzly I's won'tz b signing things 4 a while... (insert row of emojis)" tweet? 

:rofl-lol: But I like it :D

I think so

8 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Sorry for going back to the 'Axl's hair' topic, but...

Axl really should change his hair color, i saw this picture at the Ax/DLC picture thread and because of the color tone of the picture, his hair looks much more vivid and more close to the classic red hair.

His hair color now it's really bad.

de148.png

In this other picture with a more close tone to reality , you can see how shit his hair color is in comparison.

de149.png

Dude's in his mid-50s, and his hair isn't the same color it was when he was 26? Quelle surprise. He doesn't need to dye it to anything. He just looks blonder now; there's nothing wrong with that. If it's what his hair is doing naturally, why shouldn't he be happy with it? No need to make everything artificial.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

Ahahahahahhahaahahha aanahahaahaahahahana :rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: 

Just like in my GIG OF HELL! Axl plea Angus take him home! :rofl-lol:

Thank you Axl for letting us know a few days before the GNR tour, we really appreciate it ;):P

Why doesn't he use his own emojis? :max:

Ok, I'm back (in black) from a wedding, can someone sum up what I have missed this weekend? I'm not able to go through all the post, especially the GNR media updates...

Btw. One of the songs played yesterday at a wedding party was Back in Black, it was weird hearing the original. I told some friends that I'd been to the concert recently and they all were really curious about Axl's performance and said: "it must have been really amazing hearing Axl with acdc, he's great." As you can tell, I was pleased :wub:

11 hours ago, john lennon said:

I tried to go through it but the Slaxl stuff just made me sick. 

WHAT ?! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! 

Jk:P Some of them REALLY got too far, like claiming they had more than a plathonic bromance and "hiding feelings" for eachother :lol:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I used to think things were a little bit out there on here, then I made the mistake of reading some of the comments left on Axls Twitter :wow:

Here in normal after reading them! 

What did they say? Will I die if I read them? You're makin me curious here

4 minutes ago, john lennon said:

What did they say? Will I die if I read them? You're makin me curious here

Yes, you may very well drop dead....or throw up a little bit, depends on your disposition. 

Just some crazy psycho stalker babble and some woman who always post pictures of her tits :wacko:

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, you may very well drop dead....or throw up a little bit, depends on your disposition. 

Just some crazy psycho stalker babble and some woman who always post pictures of her tits :wacko:

Oh god.

You know, I don't understand that stuff? I think they might need mental help. It's one thing to be a fan, maybe even a bit of a crazed fan, but that stuff? that's just sick.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎17 at 10:18 AM, The Archer said:

Yes, it would be presumptuous to diagnose him with certainty - his response about being bipolar, from the quotes that were available, were a rejection of a diagnosis and not a refutation. Also, these diagnoses are not often black and white; there are various degrees of mental conditions such as bipolar disorder (Bipolar 1, Bipolar 2, general mood disorder, cyclothymia) as well as frequent co-morbidity with other issues (depression, anxiety disorders, ADHD and others) . Without venturing to diagnose any mental afflictions, it can be said that not all the behaviors that he has displayed can be attributed to 'flaws of character'. If indeed there are issues that we don't know about, much of the frustration about him could be seen in a different light, but there is no sure way of knowing - unless he clarifies these things himself, which is again unlikely.

In any case, my post was a general statement in response to posts about insanity, as well as measuring people's credibility against the number of friends that they have.

For anyone interested, it appears, at least to me, that Axl did indeed confirm this in a roundabout way. On his cat Dexter's twitter account, there is a tweet where he prefaces an article with the words "allow me to read from a prepared statement".. the article then goes on to describe certain characteristics of one suffering from this disorder, and the way they view the world. Very, very interesting, and seems to provide some sound explanations for Axl's behaviour and perceptions. Incidentally, it was also on one of his cats accounts where he again, at least in my view, confirmed a chemical peel..alas, not as interesting ;).  Archer, your posts are always very insightful and respectful, I would love to hear your views on that article and the fact that he posted it.

• Like 1

Maaan, I need to catch up on a lot of stuff around here. Real life getting in the way of spending much time on the forum and all that :P But in the meantime, I came across this old article today. I was actually looking for something else, but I've never seen this before and think it's interesting. Somebody apparently interviewed Axl's grandma and his various school teachers once.

Axl's grandma basically says she enjoyed living with Axl, that he helped her around the house, that she's proud of him and that she loves him, and that she likes GnR's music. She called him Axl at his request and also thought that the police picked on him unnecessarily.

Other people:

Billy Johnson, Rose's fifth grade teacher at Oakland Elementary School, remembered him as "very intelligent, very personable, always had a smile. He was always a step or two ahead of you in class. If you weren't careful, he'd take the class away from you."

"He was one of those kids, as they say, has ants in his pants," said Bill Lane, his ninth grade science teacher. "He was constantly up-down-up-down around the room, like a little ant." Dennis Blind, principal at Jefferson High School, doesn't remember him at all. He said Rose must have been an average student- not too bad,or too good.

Jefferson High School art teacher Sue Ristau recalls Rose making a ring that was displayed in an art show. "I would say he was active," she said. "I remember he had the class after lunch. I remember him bouncing into class. He liked art and was good in it. He could miss a lot of school and come back and still pick up and do better than the kids who had been there all the time."

Phil Hurt, his eighth grade cross-country coach, said Rose talked constantly, often proclaiming that someday he would be a success. In response, his teammates once taped his mouth shut and, another time, stuffed him in a locker.

"All of us sat back and laughed about (his boasts) and said, 'Sure, Bill, we've heard this before,'" Hurt said. "He said,' No, you watch. I'm gonna make it.'"

A counselor with the New Directions Court Referral Center,who saw Bailey after his arrest for public consumption of alcohol, described him as "having trouble growing up.Trying real macho image-anything to be liked and accepted."

In a section of the New Directions report labeled "problem areas," the counselor wrote: "Estranged from family. Confusion regarding career direction."

An alcohol counselor who evaluated Rose in 1980 described him as "an insecure, immature young man. Trying to change from loud mouth. Trying too hard to impress others."

http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/indy91.htm

Seems like Axl was one of these children who are bright and creative and things come easily to them, but who also have trouble sitting still and are quite immature and insecure. Quite a typical childhood for a lot of musicians and artistic types, really. Still, it's always fascinating to hear the impressions of people who knew him before he was famous.

On 18.6.2016 at 2:30 AM, Blackstar said:

Oh yes, he is :)

Slash said he enjoyed it when Axl was getting into fights with random people for petty reasons. In Saint Louis his first thought was "He jumped! Cool!" :lol: Izzy's expression, on the other hand, was "what is the mf doing now?" "

A sweet moment from the early days:

g3Vg5Wu.gif

Oh Slash :lol::facepalm:  Do you maybe remember when/where Slash said that? And yeah, Axl's behavior always seemed to be much harder to deal with for Izzy than for Slash. Probably because he's had to deal with Axl for a lot longer and was forced to be the "Axl whisperer" as somebody once called it. And Izzy seems to be a more serious type in general. I always laugh when I see pictures of him because his standard expression in more than 90% of his pictures is some variation of concerned, worried or resigned lol.

Thanks for the gif by the way, hadn't seen that one before. :wub:

Also for the record, the Slaxl topic is awesome and I enjoy it too. Like other people have already said, if you don't like it, then don't read it and just ignore it. There are topics that get discussed here that I don't care for either, but I don't whine about how they make me sick, how it's boring, cringeworhty or whatever :facepalm:

On 18.6.2016 at 3:00 AM, killuridols said:

Um, nope, lol ... it was me mixing everything up as usual :unsure:. I meant that picture of Axl with Duff and Slash backstage from the ACDC London show and then Axl mentioning the visit during the China Exchange interview.

Aah sorry, gotcha!

On 18.6.2016 at 3:47 PM, killuridols said:

It's hard to be parents when you're on heroin 24/7 :P

Alcoholics too. Alcoholic junkie parents :max::P Seriously though, and I've said this before somewhere I think, but I really believe if Slash and Duff hadn't been so messed up with their own addictions and problems, they might have done a better job at being there for Axl. If they'd had his back and held onto him a little stronger (even when he was difficult to deal with), Axl might not have looked for support and friendship with the likes of Doug Goldstein, Yoda, etc so much. The entire Guns n Roses story might have turned out completely differently...

21 hours ago, Frey said:

14 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

:rofl-lol: But I like it :D

I think so

Axl does indeed tweet like a teenage girl, but I have to say I like it too. I find it pretty amusing and quite adorable at times (especially his inspired use of emojis lol).

I thought this tweet was especially adorable. Both the content of the tweet itself and Axl using what he probably considers little girl type emojis- unicorns, flowers, hearts, everything in pink and purple... :P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

For anyone interested, it appears, at least to me, that Axl did indeed confirm this in a roundabout way. On his cat Dexter's twitter account, there is a tweet where he prefaces an article with the words "allow me to read from a prepared statement".. the article then goes on to describe certain characteristics of one suffering from this disorder, and the way they view the world. Very, very interesting, and seems to provide some sound explanations for Axl's behaviour and perceptions. Incidentally, it was also on one of his cats accounts where he again, at least in my view, confirmed a chemical peel..alas, not as interesting ;).  Archer, your posts are always very insightful and respectful, I would love to hear your views on that article and the fact that he posted it.

I don't think that those accounts are legit.

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Seems like Axl was one of these children who are bright and creative and things come easily to them, but who also have trouble sitting still and are quite immature and insecure. Quite a typical childhood for a lot of musicians and artistic types, really. Still, it's always fascinating to hear the impressions of people who knew him before he was famous.Aah sorry, gotcha!

Alcoholics too. Alcoholic junkie parents :max::P Seriously though, and I've said this before somewhere I think, but I really believe if Slash and Duff hadn't been so messed up with their own addictions and problems, they might have done a better job at being there for Axl. If they'd had his back and held onto him a little stronger (even when he was difficult to deal with), Axl might not have looked for support and friendship with the likes of Doug Goldstein, Yoda, etc so much. The entire Guns n Roses story might have turned out completely differently...

I am always a little cynical about the people from back home who seem to have glowing reports about celebrities after the fact...part of me wonders how much is true and how much is their attempt to kiss up or look good. Like the teachers who said he had ants in his pants; wonder how much they yelled at him and thought he was a nuisance at the time. The principal who doesn't remember him and the track coach at least seem like they're not saying, "oh yes, we ALWAYS liked him and recognized his genius..." as so often happens.

I agree about Slash and Duff, too. Duff seemed to have a special relationship and understanding of Axl - but he had a lot of his own demons to fight and by the time he got clean and sober, the band had already pretty much splintered away.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I used to think things were a little bit out there on here, then I made the mistake of reading some of the comments left on Axls Twitter :wow:

Here in normal after reading them! 

:rofl-lol:

Do you understand Spanish or Portuguese? Those people make the WORST comments of all. I can't stop facepalming at them or wanting to kill them all.

http://www.oocities.org/rattlesnake_suitcase/indy91.htm

Seems like Axl was one of these children who are bright and creative and things come easily to them, but who also have trouble sitting still and are quite immature and insecure. Quite a typical childhood for a lot of musicians and artistic types, really. Still, it's always fascinating to hear the impressions of people who knew him before he was famous.

----------

Alcoholics too. Alcoholic junkie parents :max::P Seriously though, and I've said this before somewhere I think, but I really believe if Slash and Duff hadn't been so messed up with their own addictions and problems, they might have done a better job at being there for Axl. If they'd had his back and held onto him a little tighter (even when he was difficult to deal with), Axl might not have looked for support and friendship with the likes of Doug Goldstein, Yoda, etc so much. The entire Guns n Roses story might have turned out completely differently...

--------------
Axl does indeed tweet like a teenage girl, but I have to say I like it too. I find it pretty amusing and quite adorable at times (especially his inspired use of emojis lol).

I also thought this tweet was really adorable. Both the content of the tweet itself and Axl using what he probably considers little girl type emojis- unicorns, flowers, hearts, everything in pink and purple... :P

Thank you for posting those quotes from Axl's teachers! Yeah, I agree it sounds like he was one of those hyperactive kids. School usually don't work for them. Too bad Axl didn't have parents who supported him with the artistic side of him. That's very important. But this is why he's my idol. He overcame any obstacle, even people who didn't give two bucks for him. He defied everyone and became what he wanted to be, not only that, he became the best at what he wanted to be. Such an inspiration for my lazy self :P

Yes, if Duff and Slash had not have their own amount of problems they could have helped Axl a bit more. I think they are back in part because they have fixed themselves and probably think they can deal with Axl better than before. I really hope they stay around longer and that they tighten their relationship with Axl and that Axl is open to accept their help, hang out with them more, I don't know... I think Axl needs more people like that around him and not so much freak show :(

I was watching the BBC documentary again and I got fixated on that part where Axl talks about being late to the shows (it's part of the interview he did for That Metal Show) and he says he didn't care about being late because the band didn't care about him either. He only changed this when he found out he was affecting the crew.   :shrugs:

As for Axl tweeting "like a teenage girl" I don't agree with that... Or then I am a teenage girl as well... I mean, where does it say on Twitter people have to be a certain age to use Twitter or to use emojis? This is ridiculous. Everybody use emojis. They are there for a reason, to help with the written communication, to help add emotions to an environment that is devoid of sounds, facial expressions and other indicators of mood.

Maybe some people don't need emojis to express themselves but a lot of us (I guess the creative types) do need them and the more emojis, the better for me. I use a lot of smilies, emojis and other written expressions as you can see. I'm overly emotional so I guess that's the reason. I'm not 12 years old but I may be a bit immature, don't know. I love them emojis, smilies, toys and dolls, LOL :P