GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

19 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Welcome! You're post was the first on the page 100. Cool :headbang:

Hope to see you post here more often. Once you start there's no way back :devilshades:

@Lumikki the videos are great :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

You always come with the best stuff.

The show is great...I like the wind in his hair :drool:

Z6Eqow.gif

What an honor! Thanks for the welcome, girls, promise comment here! OMG this hair <3

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

hahaa that sslash and axl in bed is the best one! :rofl-lol:

That one's so epic. Don't touch me! I felt your foot on my foot! I have a thing about that! :lol:

Also: Because if you make Izzy do anything, he'll run away, AND WE'D NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN! Scarily appropriate right now.

And: I made the coffee! I burned the toast! :lol:

Those videos are so stupid, yet so hilarious. The great thing about these cartoons is how well she does the voices. Slash's whiny nasal way of speaking, Axl's low raspy voice etc. And the characterisation lol. Duff talking about his daughters and wife all the time, Axl being obsessed with Izzy, Steven being the dumb and naive one...

The GnR road trip series is pretty funny too.

I don't know where part 2 is. It's not on her site... but I found it on youtube. It's just Izzy driving without saying anything lol

Hey man, how come Slash didn't wanna sing that song with you? :rofl-lol:

That's her vimeo channel btw. She's got some more there (and also a really funny one about Jarmo, but I don't know if we're allowed to post that here without getting into trouble :rofl-lol:)

https://vimeo.com/channels/gunsnrosescartoons/page:1

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Frey said:

The GnR road trip series is pretty funny too.

I don't know where part 2 is. It's not on her site... but I found it on youtube. It's just Izzy driving without saying anything lol

That's her vimeo channel btw. She's got some more there (and also a really funny one about Jarmo, but I don't know if we're allowed to post that here without getting into trouble :rofl-lol:)

https://vimeo.com/channels/gunsnrosescartoons/page:1

Part 5 is hilarious. Izzy: "Keep going. Drive!" :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

There's a cute picture from last night. Axl seems to be really influenced by Slash, the skeleton t-shirt before and now the snake one :wub:

image.jpeg

Yes, Axl's shirts are getting more and more Snakes themed, the one that Axl wanted Slash had a snake on it too, i'm not complain i prefer this one over the rubber duck shirt, for example.

Edited by giuls

56 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ha ha, never mind Melissa, she can walk! Poor lass, her being the one who could really benefit from getting to buffet before Axl and Slash do :lol:

Nope nope nope, Axl and Slash are always the first guys at the buffet, and by the time Melissa gets there, nothing is left...

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Part 5 is hilarious. Izzy: "Keep going. Drive!" :rofl-lol:

Steve: "We'll turn around guys, right?" 

I think the video might be a reference to the Axl suddenly freaking out and jumping out of a running car story?

@nn18 and @Lumikki  Thanks for the welcome <3 I just love Stevie Nicks, to me she is an inspiration!

About the girls, Grace is beautiful, parents are beautiful, it would be difficult not to be; D Meegan is beautiful, her daughter would not be different, what good they are getting along!

36 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Off to the buffet they go! :headbang:  (They need to be quick and get there before Duff does, so he doesn't lecture them about their food choices again. Or worse, before he makes them eat salad :bitchfight:)

And I can't see the picture that @nn18 posted, but I saw it somewhere else. I think it's sweet that Duff's daughter gets along so well with Slash's step daughter. And yes, both of them are beautiful. I don't know who Lucy (?) takes after, but I'm probably pre-disposed to automatically find Grace pretty because she's a female version of Duff :P

Also welcome @Barbarella:D Way to start posting here with the first post on the 100th page :thumbsup:

By the way, I also recently came across the Rolling stone article with the Herb Ritts band picture on the cover and I think it's really interesting. I've somehow never read that one before. Axl talks a lot about dealing with his temper and his issues with women in there. And it has some interesting stuff about all the other guys in the band as well. It's a really cool article I think:

While he waits for his meal, his attention is captured several times by attractive females passing on the street. After his second or third double take, Rose grins embarrassedly, then explains that girl watching is something he has come to enjoy. For a long time, he says, women just tended to make him mad.

"I know what the problem was," Rose says. "I had an extremely volatile relationship with Erin [Everly, Rose's former wife]. And I was projecting strong negative feelings about myself onto other people. I was attracted to people with similar dysfunctional traits, people that I was going to end up not really getting along with. And it wasn't good for me or them; it just made me despise being with anyone or meeting anyone or having good thoughts linked to someone."

For a man who's so often thought of as unreasonable and unyielding, Rose has spent a lot of time trying to get a handle on his famous temper. For the past several months, he's been involved in some heavy therapy; during one intensive period the singer underwent five-hour sessions five days a week.

"I'm getting a lot more comfortable with things," Rose says. "I'm still not very good at handling stress, and I was told that that was because of the way I was raised. I basically had my family screw up any positive, productive form of release. Rebelling in my music kept me from going to jail." ("Somewhat," he adds with a smile.)

"I have to retrain myself," Rose says. "It's not something that's gonna happen overnight. And my sexual attitudes and attitudes toward women ... I went through some heavy things in childhood. I formed really strong, serious opinions, lodged them in my subconscious and have been acting on them ever since. There were ugly, violent situations, and they affected me negatively."

Rose doesn't intend to stop with healing himself. "I'd like to be part of an organization working with child abuse," he says. "Sexual abuse and child abuse. I figure you gotta start there."

[...]

He takes off the knee-high splint that was designed for him yesterday by a group of doctors and tennis-shoe designers after he discovered that performing in the clumpy plaster cast he was wearing (he injured a foot during a New York warm-up show) was going to be painful. Rose is proud of the fact that rather than flying into a rage when he discovered that the cast was going to be a problem, he kept the reins on his temper and found a rational way over the hurdle.

[...]

"I guess I get mad because of some form of fear about my own weaknesses," Rose says. "Everybody has theirs, and mine happen to be in what I do. And what I do is sing and run and get my picture taken. I've always needed high maintenance to keep my act together. Nothing really comes naturally except the desire to sing.

Also this bit about Duff was really fascinating. This is from 1991, but already Duff was talking about quitting drinking, having kids and his plans of going back to school :wow: He wanted to go to Harvard even and study law :P Also says he never cheated on his wife while on tour and is still dreaming of finding Mrs. Right. Clearly Duff's shocking 180° turn around wasn't actually that shocking at all, if he already had all these plans and dreams during the hey day of GnR.

(Side note: I didn't know Duff's dad was a drinker. He only mentioned that he cheated on his mother and left the family in his book, I think. Anyway, that makes it even more impressive how he managed to turn his life around and how he's doing things completely differently with his own family :wub:)

After things began to look more secure, McKagan decided he had had enough of the booze. He quit for seventy-one days and still considers that a milestone; he also says he plans to return to abstinence eventually. "When I have kids, I will stop drinking for good," says McKagan. "I'm not gonna be like my fucking dad. I came to that conclusion when I was in the second grade."

McKagan's bull-in-a-china-shop manner gives the impression that he doesn't put much thought into anything, but he'll surprise you. For starters, he's not stoopid. McKagan was an honors student before he dropped out of high school to tour with various punk bands, opening for acts like Black Flag and the Dead Kennedys; he says he intends someday to pick up where he left off. "I talked with a counselor" McKagan says. "I have to take one year of junior college. But if I ace junior college, get up in the high threes or a four-point figure, I can get into Harvard, 'cause they like weird people at Harvard these days." McKagan says he'd like to study law; as hard as it is to picture him hobnobbing with the Ivy Leaguers in his leather pants, it appears he's serious.

Other intriguing findings about Duff McKagan: He detests being called a rock star and threatens to "fucking strangle'' the next person who does so. A musician's musician, he's working on a solo album on which he plays every instrument. He's the true-blue type when it comes to women. ("I was married on our last tour, and I never cheated once," McKagan says. "I guess that makes me a schmuck.") Despite a divorce that left him smarting, he still longs to meet Mrs. Right ("She'll be the happiest woman in the world, goddamn it!")

And Slash (!) being difficult and acting like a bratty teenager :lol::

Earlier today, Rose decided to organize a spur-of-the-moment band dinner; at around ten, Guns n' Roses and their entourage departed for the Old Homestead steakhouse, where at this very minute they are running up a $3000 tab on champagne and surf 'n' turf. Everybody, that is, except Slash.

Rose conceived the get-together as a come-if-you-want affair, but by the time the invitation got to Slash it sounded like attendance was mandatory. As a result, the guitarist is boycotting the event.

It isn't hard to figure out which room is Slash's — you just follow the sound of Metallica's "One," which is blasting from behind his door. The guitarist, hair still wet from a shower and wearing a pair of shorts, opens his door and immediately throws down the glove. "I don't know what there is to talk about," Slash says.

Slash also talks about how his and Axl's internal time schedules are so different that they clash and that his is a lot faster than Axl's and that the slow pace of Axl's really stresses him out. And about his horror at the idea of the band falling apart, because Axl is so talented and charismatic, he can go out and do anything, but he would forever just be the ex-GnR guitar player. (Well... he did become the ex-GnR player, but his fears about Axl were pretty unfounded as time showed :tongue2:)

Axl also talks about how he was buying land in Wisconsin with his step father and that he wanted to be buried there. And about feeling suicidal for a long time.

Oh and there's also this about the beautiful Herb Ritts pictures we were recently talking about. Apparently Axl didn't want to do those at all. Maybe that's why he looks so... intense in them. Pissy Axl makes for great pictures apparently :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Rose doesn't stop there. Clearly, he is on a roll, and Rose, when he is angry, has an excellent memory. He spits out a few choice words about a Herb Ritts photo session yesterday (Rose didn't want to do the shoot on the day before a show and only did so because it was the only opening in Ritts's schedule)

:P

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/guns-n-roses-19910905

About Axl problems with women, I believe he should be attracted to troubled women too, as this interview is ... making it difficult to get what he apparently always dreamed of. I remember an interview with the Beta to a Brazilian newspaper that she spoke it was the dream of every woman, because it was a romantic old-fashioned.

In a part of the interview she talks "When the band broke up, he thought he would have his family, marry, have children ... He thought it would be the second stage of his life, he had worked so hard to make money and then he could devote to family. his dream is to have a family, children. Having what he never had. "

51 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Other intriguing findings about Duff McKagan: He detests being called a rock star and threatens to "fucking strangle'' the next person who does so. A musician's musician, he's working on a solo album on which he plays every instrument. He's the true-blue type when it comes to women. ("I was married on our last tour, and I never cheated once," McKagan says. "I guess that makes me a schmuck.") Despite a divorce that left him smarting, he still longs to meet Mrs. Right ("She'll be the happiest woman in the world, goddamn it!")

about to go back and watch all the videos, but had to comment on this.

AWWWWW DUFFFFF! :wub: Such a sweetie pie, even during his "dark days". I wonder if calling himself a "schmuck" means that Mandy cheated on him while he was on tour? He was super respectful in his book and never gave much detail about WHY they divorced, other than drifting apart. Well, besides kicking her out on Christmas Day (and keeping the dog :takethat:)

@Mandy123 you should watch the Rock n Roll HoF video then and the Home Sweet Home one. Duff's the smart one in these :lol:

I saw your post in the bass player thread as well and I agree. Duff's underrated. He's the only guy in that band I have some real respect for (well him and Izzy, but Izzy s been acting pretty weird lately...) And Duff getting no recognition isn't a new a problem either. I remember seeing this discussed in an old interview or something. I'll see if I can find it again.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Duff's great. He deserves to be appreciated a way more than he is now :headbang:. Kudos to him for making Axl and Slash realize they love each other :wub:

Here's a "sexy" photo of him :rofl-lol:

tumblr_static_seductive_duff.png  

another one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYGYYxoIGcIGVYBaM90Oa

He loves his stockings

tumblr_mz972vMAn31r0vgu3o3_500.jpg

some cute moments with Slash

tumblr_l5k7cbjffe1qahm5n.gif

tumblr_o697h4mSl01vsg2meo1_250.gif

and with Axl

tumblr_n471l4W91U1rxrfh7o1_400.gif

and Steven

C-ugp-.gif

and here's a bonus Slash

tumblr_nao0vw82mb1stzesbo1_500.gif

and one of my favourite Axl's moments (poor guy fixing his mic stand :rofl-lol:)

giphy.gif

Btw. Where's Izzy?

tumblr_n0zrqsVKbW1stnm5no1_500.gif

• Like 4

@Andy14 thanks for giving me a good dose of Duff! Yummy yum yum.

Those videos were HILARIOUS. Bookmarked the youtube page so I can spend a night just watching them all. 

One of my fav Duff gifs. I told my husband to just play it on loop at my funeral lol. You just get hypnotized :wow:

tumblr_nuvx0nfs2l1rhip59o2_250.gif

1 hour ago, Mandy123 said:

One of my fav Duff gifs. I told my husband to just play it on loop at my funeral lol. You just get hypnotized :wow:

tumblr_nuvx0nfs2l1rhip59o2_250.gif

My God...what a sexy bitch:drool:

Steven is a cutie but not sexy material. Sorry about that.

I wanna be in the middle of these two:rofl-lol:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

@Mandy123 Found it:

And then there's Duff. Don't forget Duff. Duff is still having a hard time getting noticed. He is a gentle, silly and delightful man, even when he is drunk, which nowadays seems most of the morning and most of the afternoon and a good part of every evening. Duff is having a hard time with life on the road. He is, frankly, getting sick and tired of fans who come up to him and, rather than fall all over him, ask, "Where's Axl?" Duffs wife, Linda, recently got him a tshirt that reads: 'No, I don't know where Axl is!'

Duff wishes Linda could be with him more often. He is 28 years old, and the fits of loneliness are starting to become fits of terror. "A lot of nights I wake up, and I'm, like, where am I, what city, and you run to the window and look out and try to figure it all out," he says. "You actually forget who you are. It's, like, I am completely blank. I end up a lot of times just sitting on my bed, and I'll find tears start coming out of my eyes and my heart is just aching. It's, like, please let there be another show soon. It's, like, can you get the next shot of insulin."

Pretty depressing actually. Did he ever wear that shirt?

Also came across this quote by Axl while looking. Going by this and the quote from the Rolling Stone article above ("I'm getting a lot more comfortable with things," Rose says. "I'm still not very good at handling stress, and I was told that that was because of the way I was raised. I basically had my family screw up any positive, productive form of release.), it seems like he's really bad at dealing with stressful situations and if it gets too much for him, he has one of his freak outs/temper tantrums.

The therapy consisted of intensive sessions five hours a day, five days a week, says Rose, who believes it helped him understand where a lot of his frustration and destructiveness come from.

"I was told that my mental circuity was all twisted . . . in terms of how I would deal with stress because of what happened to me back in Indiana," he says. "Basically I would overload with the stress of a situation . . . by smashing whatever was around me. . . . I used to think I was actually dealing with my problems, and now I know that's not dealing with it at all. I'm trying now to (channel) my energy in more positive ways . . . but it doesn't always work."