GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

26 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I just wanted to share something without shaking the tree. I was so happy to hear of the trio reunion, as most of you were. I saw them in Toronto and loved it! I am also new to IG and followed the GnR, duff, slash, and others to keep in the loop of the upcoming concerts. I was a little nervous that someone would mess it up and got a gut feeling on something recently.

As you know Axl is not happy that so many people are claiming that they were the ones who brought them to a reunion. So many people are claiming they were the ones, and Axl denounced them.

Recently, Duff's wife did a page 6 article saying that Duff was the one who brought them together. Even if this was so, Axl would not appreciate this.  I mentioned this on her IG account, & very respectfully, and she blocked me. I guess I hit a nerve? At least we know she reads her IG responses and only allows praise on her IG. I've got nothing against her, but it wasn't a smart thing for her to do. Tread lightly. Susan, tread lightly.

Welcome!:)

This is why I don't follow wives, kids, relatives, friends, etc. It's pointless. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

Hah! Thank you :lol:

You're welcome!

Anyway, that was posted in January this year so there's no way he/they are talking about DUFF or Duff's wife when he/they said that :facepalm:

I'm sure Axl is pretty aware of the role Susan and the girls have in Duff's life. I'm sure Axl knows pretty well he cannot mess up with them or Duff will choke him to death.

Duff is proud of his wife and children, no one comes before them so I guess anyone trying to mess with them or getting in trouble with them will feel the wrath of Duff.

Even if Duff is the most calm man in the world. I think his family is his limit.

Oh they look like babies here!

On June 28, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Frey said:

Thanks. I tried googling for that interview, but couldn't find it.

I did find this instead though. Seems like the entire damn photo shoot of Izzy and Axl pictures or something :lol: Thought some here might get a kick out of that.

540full-axl-rose.jpg

1118full-axl-rose.jpg

1118full-axl-rose.jpg

1118full-axl-rose.jpg

1118full-axl-rose.jpg

1118full-axl-rose.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think Axl's going get upset about what Duffs wife says, she says loads of GnR related things all the time. Wasn't it it her, or one of her friends, who let slip about the reunion first? :lol:

Duff and Susan have been around Axl for quite some time now, I'm sure she knows her boundaries. When I saw the Instagram posts she did of the AC/DC thing in London, like she was as proud as Duff of him, you know she must actually talk to Axl sometimes :) 

I don't know. I think that when Susan posted that pic of herself and Stephanie with the tag GN'R women it was very stupid to say the least. Stephanie hasn't been around in ages. Unlike Erin, Stephanie is not friend with people related to GN'R past or present. She didn't attend any GN'R show either. I don't know if Stephanie has FB or IG, but as far as I know she never mentioned Axl. So Susan out of blue mentioning Stephanie was a really WTF moment. I hope Axl doesn't know anything about that. If he does I'm not sure such a thing it makes him happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't know. I think that when Susan posted that pic of herself and Stephanie with the tag GN'R women it was very stupid to say the least. Stephanie hasn't been around in ages. Unlike Erin, Stephanie is not friend with people related to GN'R past or present. She didn't attend any GN'R show either. I don't know if Stephanie has FB or IG, but as far as I know she never mentioned Axl. So Susan out of blue mentioning Stephanie was a really WTF moment. I hope Axl doesn't know anything about that. If he does I'm not sure such a thing it makes him happy.

Yeah. I think that was the first time Susan did something tasteless and I wasn't happy about it because not only she tagged Stephanie (yes, she has IG) but she added hashtags like #gunsnroses and #gunsnrosesgirls or something like that.

Then someone explained to me that she was actually reposting something from a fanpage but even if that was the case, I think she should have edited out the guns n' roses references. I don't know if she realized what she was doing or just did it in a hurry. Duff told Steve Jones that Susan and the kids are 24/7 on their phones tailoring their IG posts, lol, but well, I guess some fans gave them shit for that. Haven't returned to that post to see what happened later, though.

I share Padme's opinion on the Steph Sey post on Susan's account. Word for word. I am new here and shared some notes of my own on a very recent (page 6) topic, not an old topic, but if there was a puppy emoticon being smacked I would've posted it. It's degrading when others don't think one can have the maturity and foresight to know that I know exactly what I am saying, & don't I need to be put in my room without supper.

For a first timer I thought you were all just having fun.

Edited by Mararoyce
Forgot note

29 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yeah, well that was a fucking air head thing to do!  She must know what she can and cannot say inner band workings though. i would hope so. 

24 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I share Padme's opinion on the Steph Sey post on Susan's account. Word for word. I am new here and shared some notes of my own on a very recent (page 6) topic, not an old topic, but if there was a puppy emoticon being smacked I would've posted it. It's degrading when others don't think one can have the maturity and foresight to know that I know exactly what I am saying, & don't I need to be put in my room without supper.

what the hell was that?

what happened?

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Of course he didn't go to the dinner, we all know in reality there's no way he went, there's no Fernando doing his usual photo bombing, so there was no Axl ;)

I was all busy perving on this picture and there goes Fernando photo bombing. Boner killer. 

CoJ5alkXYAA7Uvk.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

:question: I think you're over reacting. People were just diagreeing, no one was hating on you or anything.  If you're referring to @killuridols post, did you see her edit of the post? She was specifically saying she was not giving you shit. That's already pretty nice by her standards, she constantly gives me way more shit than that :max::P Don't take things too seriously here, its just a fucking gossip thread.

Edited by Frey

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

:question: I think you're over reacting. People were just diagreeing, no one was hating on you or anything.  If you're referring to @killuridols post, did you see her edit of the post? She was specifically saying she was not giving you shit. That's already pretty nice by her standards, she constantly gives me way more shit than that :max::P

hahahaha :lol:

thank you, Frey! You're right!

I edited it because I didn't want to sound like a holier than thou bitch and I also shared my experience going through kinda the same.

The other girl who replied also said a similar thing.

21 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Damn Andy, your Killin me here! *swoon*

That's Axl's fault, he's doing this to us :max::P

11 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I hate that hat, it makes him look like Malcolm the Mountie.

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The brown hat is a truly hideous thing, not quite as bad as the leopard print one I saw him wear, but very fuckin nearly :max:

He looks so great in the picture that I easily ignore the hat, so don't even remind me of its existence :nervous:

We should ask our "Slaxl expert-to-be" @Frey. Would Slash approve of Axl's hats? :rofl-lol:  

• Like 1

I just finished reading about 10 pages here and I feel too exhausted to comment on all this stuff :shrugs::lol:

- Perla's videos:  :thumbsdown::facepalm: :vomit:

- The guitar case full of candy birthday present:  It could be from anybody, but I want to believe it was from Axl. A sweet, colourful and somewhat kiddish present like this reflects the happy state Axl seems to be in now. The image of it sort of reminds me all these emoticons in Axl's recent tweets. The fake snake in a guitar case Axl had given Slash for his wedding is another indication. On the other hand, it's a good point that Axl likes giving expensive gifts. Maybe the jacket with the GnR logo placed on the guitar case hints that it was a gift from the same person?

- The straitjacket Slash had given to Axl: Slash connected Axl's reaction to something he said in a Rolling Stone interview that Axl had found insulting (Slash didn't know what it was exactly) although he seemed cool at first. Here's what Slash said about Axl in that interview:

While most members of the band have had difficulties handling booze and drugs, Axl has had the toughest time just dealing with people. He's had hassles with his neighbor. He's had marital woes, continuing confrontations with the Hollywood police and other sticky situations. How have these incidents affected the group and the recording of the album?
Well, they're a pain in the ass, and they keep things from getting done. I'm the most uptight about all of this. It's just my nature — Axl thinks I'm this sort of sick-minded workaholic. And it's true — in some ways, I do get uptight. I can get very negative about it. But there are moments when it [Axl's troubles] really gets in the way of what I think is productive, and we end up spending a lot of money. Sometimes I think Axl has no idea, or has a very slight idea, of what the financial reality is. I mean, to me $400,000 or whatever to make a record is ludicrous. Of course, if I was to say that to Axl outright, he'd say I don't know what he's going through, and there'd be a fight right there. That's the way we've always been — there's something I can't relate to or vice versa, and that's where we butt heads. So I just sit there with my head between my knees, freaking out...But Axl's craziness drives me crazier than it does Axl, unbeknownst to him. And that's the truth.

Why do you think he gets into so much trouble?
Axl is like a magnet for problems. I've never met anybody like him. He's the kind of guy that would get a toothbrush stuck down his throat because that particular toothbrush happened to be defective. I mean, shit goes on with that guy, and if you talked to him, he'd tell you the same thing.

The bond between you two often seems volatile.
I don't want to talk about Axl, because everybody is constantly trying to pit us against each other. You know, they're trying to put two fucking Japanese fighting fish in the same bowl. We've always been the same. We have our ups and downs, and we butt heads. As long as I've known Axl, we've had so many differences that have been like the end of the line as far as we were concerned. I think that happens with most singers and guitar players, or whatever that cliché is. It might look a little intense on the outside, seeing all this shit that we're going through, but it makes for a tension that's — in a morbid kind of way — really conducive to the music we collaborate on. But as far as Axl goes, he is the best singer-lyricist around.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-rolling-stone-interview-slash-19910124

Maybe Axl combined in his mind what Slash said about his craziness with the straitjacket and thought that it wasn't just a gag present.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

@Mararoyce Welcome! :) This thread is indeed the most fun place on the entire board. I think you're misinterpreting things a bit here though. I don't think anyone here was figuratively slapping you or putting you in your room without supper. Some people were just disagreeing with your point of view, doesn't mean yours was necessarily wrong or anything. And things can get heated here sometimes and the tone may sound a bit harsh, but it's nothing serious or personal against you.

@pinkforgirls DID YOU HAVE TO POINT THAT OUT, GIRL?! <_<:lol: I hadn't even noticed him in that picture, but now I won't be able to unsee him. Boner killer indeed. Biggest fucking boner killer there is. His smug little pug face alone makes me wanna :vomit:

4 hours ago, starlight said:

Axl's bulge...that's where he keeps the candies for Slash

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Okay, that's one of the dirtiest one liners I've ever seen here and that's saying something, considering what a dirty, humid mess this thread is. Congrats on that :lol:

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

well sometimes you sounded like you hated him, lol but okay. I know what you mean... I've always liked him, even with his horrible past choices of clothes, hair style, facial hair style, lol.. I've come to accept the way he is. He's a flamboyant crazy guy, unfairly judged in my opinion, because we have Madonna or Boy George or even Michael Jackon changing their styles all the time and Im not sure they are/were criticized as much as Axl. I know the pop scene is much more lenient with these things but damn, Axl is as pop as all of them! goi

The thing that made me fall in love much much more this year was listening to him at the China Exchange thing. That made the difference for me. I know I come here and trash this thread with all of my :drool: and :wow: going overly horny for him. I do most of it for fun, I enjoy this sort of harmless fangirlism, but I'm much more serious in real life :lol: not like this and I care for the guy, for real, so I mention the China Exch because listening to him was like heaven for me. It's been so long since he talked openly to fans. Seeing him laugh, being funny, being cool, it made my day! I think I know each one of his responses by heart, lol... I've watched that a million times and I keep watching it because when Axl talks is so cool. He's such a brilliant guy, smart, funny... i think it's a waste that he doesn't do this more often.. because he's great, he should be on television, on the radio, everywhere- I hope his healing includes more openness with his fans and that we all get more chances of seeing him like at that china Exchange conference :)

Omg by the time he comes to Argentina I'm gonna be almost dead! :rofl-lol: You have NO IDEA all the plans that I have!! I dont even have the tickets and my world is already upside down :P

I want to make it so special, I'll be taking days off my duties so that I can fully experience this. I know it's going to be INSANE in Buenos Aires, in River Plate, because of all the history that it entails and the memories and the people travelling from all places in the country to see them. I'm making lots of arrangements, phone calls, chats, coordinating pre-parties, pre-meetings before the show with other fans... I'm living a dream... so, hopefully, that includes meeting him in person and also the other guys. I really want to meet Slash and Duff too. I don't know how Im gonna do it, if I'll have support for it but we're on the track to make this shows amazing.

I'm sooooo happy today :dance:but don't mind me because my plans always go shit so probably soon I'll be back to being a depressive ball, as usual :unsure: lol

Anyway, first is first and that is getting the tickets. That's making me nervous.. I just read that in Chile and Peru they have sold like 75% of the stadiums already and Argentina is holding like a motherfucker yet.. Im pissed off about that but okay. I'll try to remain positive.

And, hah, about flashes of flesh :rofl-lol: yes, they are just that, flashes... Here I have a little screenshot for you girls (you and @Andy14)... This happens so quick that its hard to make a proper screenshot but if you wanna see it,  they are like three instances in different moments of Out Ta Get Me.

Yeah, I guess I can sound a bit harsh sometimes with him (and Slash). Don't take it too seriously though, I actually love all of them (well at least Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy... don't have much love for the drummers or Dizzy or whoever). It's just that Axl and Slash are the ones with the biggest talent for irritating me, while the other two are relatively difficult to bitch about (although Izzy has made some steps towards changing that recently :awesomeface::facepalm:).

I never stopped liking Axl either, I just stopped wanting to do drag him into my bed for a while. I'd still have liked to hang out with him or chat to him about everything under the sun :P

China Exchange was awesome indeed. Didn't find him particularly attractive there looks-wise, but he was very charming and adorable. Handled himself very well, smart, funny... can't say enough good things about it. He really should do much more stuff like that. I could listen to him talk for hours.

And duuude, you sound way organized, all those arrangements, co-ordinating stuff :lol: Going by that level of preparation your chances of meeting Axl should be way higher than mine :P My preparations basically amounted to buying a ticket for the concert from a disgruntled ACDC fan for half the price and reading the free metro station newspaper rag the day before the show to find out where they were staying at.

3 hours ago, Frey said:

And even Erin's kids hang out with Slash, so I wouldn't be shocked if he was worth some candy for his birthday to her:

4_zpsjv5hxbct.jpg

That little mini Erin clone is just the cutest.

I remember from the Instagram comments under that picture that Slash was talking about Spongebob with her and told her he knew a Perla for real. Kid was impressed by that, but it's kind of a dig at Perla the ex-wife if you know what Perla from Spongebob's like :lol:

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

How can you even miss anything here? This is the most important thread :devilshades:. We've got everything you want...we know the names...We are the people that can find whatever you may need....It gets worse here everyday :ph34r:

That last part is definitely true :P

2 hours ago, giuls said:

Yes, that's what i said, the dinner was on the 22 and the backstage party on the 23, i meant that i didn't know when the photo of Axl clubbing were taken, not about the celebration, i'm sorry i wasn't very clear, damned english! :lol:

Whatever the exact time frame of all these events was, I'm sure Axl and Slash managed to squeeze a private celebration in there somewhere :ph34r:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I'm sure Axl is pretty aware of the role Susan and the girls have in Duff's life. I'm sure Axl knows pretty well he cannot mess up with them or Duff will choke him to death.

Duff is proud of his wife and children, no one comes before them so I guess anyone trying to mess with them or getting in trouble with them will feel the wrath of Duff.

Even if Duff is the most calm man in the world. I think his family is his limit.

I think Axl knows not to mess with Duff's family too. Apart from knowing Duff would kill him, he also probably has too much respect and admiration (and maybe some jealousy) for this well-functioning, stable and loving family that Duff has created to mess with that. That whole concept of healthy loving families is something he was forever obsessed about and dreamed about having for himself, so having an actual example in front of him all the time is maybe quite nice for him to see... Or not. Someone mentioned soemthing earlier about him not going to the birthday dinner because all that family stuff would be depressing for him, and I can see that possibility as well. I don't know, that's a difficult issue.

And yep Susan probably talks to Axl sometimes... We even have a picture of the first time (or one of the first times) she spent a few hours talking to Axl. Also sorry to those who react allergically to She-who-shall-not-be-named, but I'm too lazy to cut her out of the picture :P Have to say it's weird that Axl took her along to hang out with Susan and Duff though. I mean why? Is he uncomfortable hanging out with a married couple without having some kind of partner/date of his own or something? It's not like it was a planned double date or anything, they were just reconnecting after accidentally running into each other. Why drag Sasha along for that? I can only imagine what Duff thought about Axl dragging some random escort who supposedly barely speaks English along to that outing.

10857_la.jpg

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@pinkforgirls I know right ;)

We're used to Fernando photo bombing all the Axl off stage pics (if not him then the creepy Andrei bleh) but not Duff too, what's Duff done to deserve that :lol:

I think Axl is standing behind Frank.  You can see a bit of his hideous hat and his hand.

4 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I think Axl is standing behind Frank.  You can see a bit of his hideous hat and his hand.

Lol thats not Frank. Thats some other guy, maybe Lenny Kravitz's drummer.

6 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

Yeah, you can see the atrocious ginormous ring he has to wear under, the guys arm pit :lol: 

Still, Fernando is a photo wrecker! Didn't think he would have the guts to be hanging near Duff....Axl-less

That guy isn't Frank btw :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

Lol thats not Frank. Thats some other guy, maybe Lenny Kravitz's drummer.

I'm going to have to go and look at the other band members aren't I.  I know Melissa, can't miss all that wonderful hair.  Who are the others?  The other guitarist looks familiar, but I can't think why.