GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

59 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Me, when my friends drag me to some shitty house music club...I try! 

Axl, come find me, I could have an intelligent conversation with you :smiley-confused2:

Well I hope you let him sing Sweet Child :smiley-confused2:

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He would probably drop the baby and run away to Pakistan :lol:

I think you have a point too, Frey. He never lived on his own and he never had a home of his own until he made it with GN'R. To his credit, I also think you must be very charming, special or have I don't know what to be so lucky with always finding someone (who are not your own family) supporting you, both financial and emotionally.

There's something I always found strange and fascinating at the same time. You guys tell me what you think. There was this sort of personaly diary that Erin auctioned (among other things) where Axl wrote lyrics, thoughts and this particular list of things he wanted to achieve in the future. Something like a list of life goals.

It creeps me out how all of those items he was able to cross out in a few years after he wrote them. But please, pay attention to the last item from the list. It surprises me big.

axls goals.jpg

Yeah, he probably would :lol:

Damn that list is hella creepy. Maybe it's because I'm not a list writing person, but the way all of that is written out is pretty bizarre to me

For a poor struggling musician he sounds pretty megalomaniac. Like "begin the collection"? What collection? A car collection?

And of course "Servants" (male and female!) :rolleyes:

Those two points I find hella creepy and cringeworthy, although the establish freedom in fashion, sex-life etc. thing is weird too.

What in particular do you find so surprising about the last item on the list?

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, he probably would :lol:

Damn that list is hella creepy. Maybe it's because I'm not a list writing person, but the way all of that is written out is pretty bizarre to me

For a poor struggling musician he sounds pretty megalomaniac. Like "begin the collection"? What collection? A car collection?

And of course "Servants" (male and female!) :rolleyes:

Those two points I find hella creepy and cringeworthy, although the establish freedom in fashion, sex-life etc. thing is weird too.

What in particular do you find so surprising about the last item on the list?

Im a list lover and Im into lists too :P (but I've read it has more to do with some sort of OCD and other personality disorders, so it's not so crazy to find out he makes lists)

Yes, I think he means to begin the car collection.

I don't know when he wrote this list but maybe it was when they already got the AFD deal? Like in 1988 or 1989? (hence the not so crazy idea of envisioning a future of wealthness)

Not sure I find cringeworthy the line about establishing freedom in fashion, etc. (maybe he was outlining what kind of artist or person he wanted to be?)

What I find particularly surprising about that is actually writting that on the list. If you put it there it means it is important to you, and I find hard to understand how come that was so important for him, for which it kinda proves our beliefs of him really hating doing chores, errands and that sort of shit we all have to do when we become adults and can't afford anyone else to do it for us.

Servants is a strong word. I don't like the use of that term. Also tells a lot of who he was back then. Being specific about gender of the servants is crazy too. And finally, the fact that he got all of that in the end. He's got an endless list of servants, male and female.

Achieving all of that in the list is admirable, lol, at least for me, even if the items are eyebrow-raising.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sure you'd make him laugh. You're very cool and funny. :heart:

(well at least here :ph34r:)

Lol! :rofl-lol: Thank you! :heart: I'm the worst person when it comes to accepting a compliment, so...

insta11.gif

I need you to give me a good reference so that I can show it to him :ph34r:

Anyway, we need to prepare for your big day when you go to see him....and grab him.............and kiss him...............and then ask him about nose job, changed vocals and enunciation :smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol:

36 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Yes yes my show is Friday! Lol the only thing I could do if I met him is sputter like an idiot. I will however be wearing a graphic tee and black sneakers with white soles a la Slash, so who knows. ;)

I'm going to be shaking my head when he comes out in leather jackets considering how blazing hot it is in FL. Like I don't even own a coat.

Make sure that I'm gonna be jealous haha. I'm pretty sure that if I meet him, I'll ruin it all. I can see our conversation:

Him: Hey, I'm Axl

Me: Sorry, what was your name again? :facepalm:

23 minutes ago, Frey said:

That's why I don't like all this personal stuff that's been sold. I don't even read it. I sometimes make lists and I happen to write some complete nonsense or silly things and I can't imagine someone else saw it. They would think that I'm a complete idiot. :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol! :rofl-lol: Thank you! :heart: I'm the worst person when it comes to accepting a compliment, so...

insta11.gif

I need you to give me a good reference so that I can show it to him :ph34r:

Anyway, we need to prepare for your big day when you go to see him....and grab him.............and kiss him...............and then ask him about nose job, changed vocals and enunciation :smiley-confused2:

awww :hug:

HA HA HA my big day when I go see him, this is how I envision it:

... and this is how it's going to turn out when I go like:

- Hey Axl, is it true you got a nos----- :awesomeface:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

There's some more things I want to reply to, but for now...

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Playing the devil's advocate a bit here, but has Axl ever actually lived on his own, without someone else watching out for his ass?

As far as I know, he went from living with his parents to living with his grandma. The years after that it seemed to be mostly that Gina Siler chick and Izzy supporting him and watching out for him.

Then after that they had their little GNR gang all watching out for each other, with Izzy saying something like "If it weren't for the four of us, I don't even want to imagine where Axl would be. Probably dead or in jail." Around the same time he also found Erin, who said she dedicated her entire life to taking care of Axl.

Alan Niven pretty soon hired babysitters for Axl and from that point on he was never without various personal assistents/babysitters/handlers again.

:shrugs:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I think you have a point too, Frey. He never lived on his own and he never had a home of his own until he made it with GN'R. To his credit, I also think you must be very charming, special or have I don't know what to be so lucky with always finding someone (who are not your own family) supporting you, both financial and emotionally.

That's an interesting perspective on Axl's life. I'm not sure what to think about it. It really does seem like he was always lucky enough to have someone supporting him in every way.

And yeah, Izzy has made quite a few comments that make Axl sound like a total loon who'd be completely lost on his own, but then again that's Izzy and Izzy says a lot of weird shit. But he also knows Axl better than almost anybody else, so :shrugs: I don't know, there might be some truth to the theory of Axl not really being able to get by on his own, but we'll never know because he went from being a cute kid who had friends and girfriends to depend on straight to being a rich rock star who had all kinds of assistants.

I also agree with @killuridols that it was probably his charm, personality and good looks that saved him in that case. I mean when I look at young Axl, there's nothing I want to do more than take him home with me, wrap him in a blanket and feed him some soup. :P Hell, I still feel that way about him a lot lol. I'm sure he must have evoked similar emotions in people like Erin or even Slash, etc.

There's something I always found strange and fascinating at the same time. You guys tell me what you think. There was this sort of personaly diary that Erin auctioned (among other things) where Axl wrote lyrics, thoughts and this particular list of things he wanted to achieve in the future. Something like a list of life goals.

It creeps me out how all of those items he was able to cross out in a few years after he wrote them. But please, pay attention to the last item from the list. It surprises me big.

axls goals.jpg

Ok, I have a transcript of the diary pages but one or more words are missing:

B-1 / Establish financial freedom + security
- Learn, (unreadable), invest, profit
- Plan out + pay all debts - literal & cerebral

B-2/ Establish freedom in lifestyle, fashion, leisure, sex-life

B-3/ Find home- Establish bi-coastal dwellings

B-4/ GET A FUCKIN CAR!!!!
begin the collection

B-5/ Servants (secretaries + assistants)
Female and male

Thanks for that transcript, I was squinting at some of the items trying to figure them out :P I think that list is both creepy and impressive. I mean those are some pretty insane plans and goals, but he really did manage to turn them into reality. Not many people manage to do something like that, especially not starting from where Axl came from. I find the way he phrased things both hilarious and cringeworthy. "Establish bi-coastal dwellings" :lol:

I do not like the word "servants" either, but then again I guess this is not too surprising coming from the man who also wrote the OIAM lyrics. Being specific about the gender of the servants is crazy indeed and probably the most hilarious/scary part of that entire list for me.

And yeah, it does give the impression that he really must hate chores a lot lol. Maybe he had to do a lot of them as a kid?

For what it's worth though, he doesn't seem completely allergic to doing chores. Like I said, he cooks, and I remember his grandma said he helped her with chores around the house when he was living with her.

------------------

As for Caroline Winberg, I knew about her being around the periphery of Axl/TB. I remember her hanging out with Axl in 2006 (a lot of people thinking they had an affair with each other) and I also noticed her talking to Vanessa on Instagram some time ago. I was surprised by that because I had completely forgotten about her and didn't think she'd still be in contact with Axl or his people. I'm glad to hear she thinks he's a "wonderful and kind person".

Not 100% sure if I buy Duff being there, but if he was then I'm glad for that. Good to seem him hanging out with Axl and watching out for him.

ax21.jpg

e7ieer.jpg

carowinbergaxl.png

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I would let him do whatever he wanted  :smiley-confused2::P

When you meet him, can you get him to say thank you and fair winds to Cliff Williams for me, and if he's in a good mood, could he have a word with Angus about putting Soul Stripper in the set.:wub:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

That's an interesting perspective on Axl's life. I'm not sure what to think about it. It really does seem like he was always lucky enough to have someone supporting him in every way.

And yeah, Izzy has made quite a few comments that make Axl sound like a total loon who'd be completely lost on his own, but then again that's Izzy and Izzy says a lot of weird shit. But he also knows Axl better than almost anybody else, so :shrugs: I don't know, there might be some truth to the theory of Axl not really being able to get by on his own, but we'll never know because he went from being a cute kid who had friends and girfriends to depend on straight to being a rich rock star who had all kinds of assistants.

I also agree with @killuridols that it was probably his charm, personality and good looks that saved him in that case. I mean when I look at young Axl, there's nothing I wanna do more than take him home with me, wrap him in a blanket and feed him some soup. :P Hell, I still feel that way about him a lot lol. I'm sure he must have evoked similar emotions in people like Erin or even Slash, etc.

Thanks for that transcript, I was squinting at some of the items trying to figure them out :P I think that list is both creepy and impressive. I mean those are some pretty insane plans and goals, but he really did manage to turn them into reality. Not many people manage to do something like that, especially not starting from where Axl came from. I find the way he phrased things both hilarious and cringeworthy. "Establish bi-coastal dwellings" :lol:

I do not like the word "servants" either, but then again I guess this is not too surprising coming from the man who also wrote the OIAM lyrics. Being specific about the gender of the servants is crazy indeed and probably the most hilarious/scary part of that entire list for me.

And yeah, it does give the impression that he really must hate chores a lot lol. Maybe he had to do a lot of them as a kid?

For what it's worth though, he doesn't seem completely allergic to doing chores. Like I said, he cooks, and I remember his grandma said he helped her with chores around the house when he was living with her.

------------------

As for Caroline Winberg, I knew about her being around the periphery of Axl/TB. I remember her hanging out with Axl in 2006 (a lot of people thinking they had an affair with each other) and I also noticed her talking to Vanessa on Instagram some time ago. I was surprised by that because I had completely forgotten about her and didn't think she'd still be in contact with Axl or his people. I'm glad to hear she thinks he's a "wonderful and kind person".

Not 100% sure if I buy Duff being there, but if he was then I'm glad for that. Good to seem him hanging out with Axl and watching out for him.

carowinbergaxl.png

It's true what you say about good looks making things easier for people and getting benefits out of it. I think it works a lot more for women than for men (because most power positions are held by men) but knowing about Axl's androgyny and the environment where he would mostly interact (Hollywood) it is probable gay men would feel attracted to him and helped him in some way or another.

I also remember Izzy saying something like they could never kick Axl out of the band because he was so charming and everytime he did something wrong to them, he'd come back and wrap them around his finger with some story or tale they couldn't resist :lol: and also because his voice was something they couldn't ditch just like that. They knew the guy had an unique voice that was key in making the difference among the other bands.

lol when you say this:

I mean when I look at young Axl, there's nothing I wanna do more than take him home with me, wrap him in a blanket and feed him some soup. :P Hell, I still feel that way about him a lot lol. I'm sure he must have evoked similar emotions in people like Erin or even Slash, etc.

I feel like saying.... Hell, didn't you use to be Sinead O' connor?? :rofl-lol:

--------

Do you guys think Axl changed his liking of women? He seems to hang out only with blonde types now, while his two big loves were brunettes (Erin and Stephanie), and not counting Sasha (because I don't know what the hell she is to him) I've been noticing how all these girls look the same now: skinny and "nordic" (probably like you Lumikki and @Andy14) instead of a hot sex bomb like Stephanie used to be. And they are always embarassingly taller than him, lol :P

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Playing the devil's advocate a bit here, but has Axl ever actually lived on his own, without someone else watching out for his ass?

As far as I know, he went from living with his parents to living with his grandma. The years after that it seemed to be mostly that Gina Siler chick and Izzy supporting him and watching out for him.

Then after that they had their little GNR gang all watching out for each other, with Izzy saying something like "If it weren't for the four of us, I don't even want to imagine where Axl would be. Probably dead or in jail." Around the same time he also found Erin, who said she dedicated her entire life to taking care of Axl.

Alan Niven pretty soon hired babysitters for Axl and from that point on he was never without various personal assistents/babysitters/handlers again.

That's very sad but not surprising given his upbringing. 

On 26.07.2016 г. at 1:50 AM, Lumikki said:

And yep Susan probably talks to Axl sometimes... We even have a picture of the first time (or one of the first times) she spent a few hours talking to Axl. Also sorry to those who react allergically to She-who-shall-not-be-named, but I'm too lazy to cut her out of the picture :P

146965982968700.gif:dance:

• Like 1

HA HA HA my big day when I go see him, this is how I envision it:

... and this is how it's going to turn out when I go like:

- Hey Axl, is it true you got a nos----- :awesomeface:

Lol. You when you meet him:

funny hug gif

Me when I see the video/picture:

mfw I see the amount of thumbs this guy get's, for utter **** like this.

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you guys think Axl changed his liking of women? He seems to hang out only with blonde types now, while his two big loves were brunettes (Erin and Stephanie), and not counting Sasha (because I don't know what the hell she is to him) I've been noticing how all these girls look the same now: skinny and "nordic" (probably like you Lumikki and @Andy14) instead of a hot sex bomb like Stephanie used to be. And they are always embarassingly taller than him, lol :P

I have no idea what his ideal woman looks like now. I hope he sticks with tall brunettes with blue eyes :max:. J/k. :P I'm definitely not a nordic type (but who knows what my natural colour of hair is, haven't seen it for ages lol). I just think that's the way most of the models look nowadays: skinny, pale, blonde, no esprit... 

Btw. All the jokes about meeting Axl/Slash/Duff in here, but what would you really want to ask them if it happened? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol. You when you meet him:

funny hug gif

Me when I see the video/picture:

mfw I see the amount of thumbs this guy get's, for utter **** like this.

hahahahahaa :lol:

nah you can't be like that for me. you like me, right?

I thought you liked me... :unsure:

you like me, right, Andy? :cry:

DO YOU LIKE ME, ANDY??
CommentPhotos.com_1406835955.jpg

OH MY FUCKING GOD ANDY FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU DO LIKE ME, RIGHT, DO YOU DO YOU DO YOU????????
8nus8r.gif

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I have no idea what his ideal woman looks like now. I hope he sticks with tall brunettes with blue eyes :max:. J/k. :P I'm definitely not a nordic type (but who knows what my natural colour of hair is, haven't seen it for ages lol). I just think that's the way most of the models look nowadays: skinny, pale, blonde, no esprit... 

Btw. All the jokes about meeting Axl/Slash/Duff in here, but what would you really want to ask them if it happened? :ph34r:

Back to being serious :P

I really don't know if I want to ask them anything...

I envision chaos, so unless it was a China Exchange kind of thing, I don't have much hope of being able to talk to them a lot :shrugs:

Just the necessary time for a picture or an autograph and that's about it.

I'd probably thank them for the music but that's become cliché so I'm trying to figure out something new to tell them, lol :lol:

Umm.. what would be nice is to give them a present but I dont know what or how yet.

18 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I don't think I'd ask them anything, just give them 5 mins peace from all the hugging and questions.:hug::P

47 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's true what you say about good looks making things easier for people and getting benefits out of it. I think it works a lot more for women than for men (because most power positions are held by men) but knowing about Axl's androgyny and the environment where he would mostly interact (Hollywood) it is probable gay men would feel attracted to him and helped him in some way or another.

I also remember Izzy saying something like they could never kick Axl out of the band because he was so charming and everytime he did something wrong to them, he'd come back and wrap them around his finger with some story or tale they couldn't resist :lol: and also because his voice was something they couldn't ditch just like that. They knew the guy had an unique voice that was key in making the difference among the other bands.

lol when you say this:

I feel like saying.... Hell, didn't you use to be Sinead O' connor?? :rofl-lol:

--------

Gay men? Like who? Tom Zutaut and David Geffen? :lol:

I don't think I've ever come across Izzy saying that, but I can totally imagine that. It's really hard to stay mad at him, he's too cute and charming :heart:

I just googled that Sinead O' Connor thing. I swear I didn't know she had also said nearly the same thing. But I can definitely understand :rofl-lol:

Tbh, I have no idea what Axl's taste is like when it comes to women nowadays. Too many of them by now to form a clear picture in my mind.

And LOL, I'm not very nordic looking either. People who look like that are actually not very common here (though there are some); you'd have to go up to northern Germany and Scandinavia to find a lot of Caroline Winbergs. My natural hair color is brown and I have brown eyes and I'm only 1,70 m. Not enough to be a model, but at least I wouldn't be embarassingly taller than Axl next to him :awesomeface:

@Andy14 I have zero idea. Because all the things I'd really want to know I'd never ask because it wouldn't be appropriate for a quick meeting and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or seem rude. (Now if I got to hang out a few hours with them, that might be a different story maybe...). How about you @Andy14? Do you have something you want to ask them? :P

(Maybe just "Can I have a hug?" because I didn't get to do that when I actually met Axl, and I would really like to give him a hug. And I wouldn't mind hugging Slash or Duff either...)

Edited by Lumikki

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

omg :vomit:

stop posting that pic ffs

lol

Yeah, watch out or you'll become a tranny full of shit.

You know this thread is shit and my grandma agrees :rofl-lol:

jeez i laughed so hard at the highlighted part above :rofl-lol:

He would probably drop the baby and run away to Pakistan :lol:

axls goals.jpg

Where were these notebook pages from and where can I read ALL the notes like little baby stalker?

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Gay men? Like who? Tom Zutaut and David Geffen? :lol:

I don't think I've ever come across Izzy saying that, but I can totally imagine that. It's really hard to stay mad at him, he's too cute and charming :heart:

I just googled that Sinead O' Connor thing. I swear I didn't know she had also said nearly the same thing. But I can definitely understand :rofl-lol:

Tbh, I have no idea what Axl's taste is like when it comes to women nowadays. Too many of them by now to form a clear picture in my mind.

And LOL, I'm not very nordic looking either. People who look like that are actually not very common here (though there are some); you'd have to go up to northern Germany and Scandinavia to find a lot of Caroline Winbergs. My natural hair color is brown and I have brown eyes and I'm only 1,70 m. Not enough to be a model, but at least I wouldn't be embarassingly taller than Axl next to him :awesomeface:

@Andy14 I have zero idea. Because all the things I'd really want to know I'd never ask because it wouldn't be appropriate for a quick meeting and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or seem rude. (Now if I got to hang out a few hours with them, that might be a different story maybe...). How about you @Andy14? Do you have something you want to ask them? :P

(Maybe just "Can I have a hug?" because I didn't get to do that when I actually met Axl, and I would really like to give him a hug. And I wouldn't mind hugging Slash or Duff either...)

1) hah, yeah :awesomeface:

2) well, then I guess it was Slash in his book. But also Izzy said something about the voice, I think in that interview where he also talks about Axl not getting some in highschool and other Izzy BS.

3) lol, you Sinead!

4) Come on, they are all looking the same. Mostly blonde as I can see. Doesn't matter, who cares.... do we care? do we? LOL

5) yeah, Andy, tell us what you'd do or say or ask... take a laptop with you and show him all the animated gifs you make out of his facial expressions and moves on the stage :rofl-lol:

28 minutes ago, killuridols said:

DO YOU LIKE ME, ANDY??

OH MY FUCKING GOD ANDY FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU DO LIKE ME, RIGHT, DO YOU DO YOU DO YOU????????
8nus8r.gif

LOL :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:.

giphy.gif

I'm kidding. Of course I do like you :max::hug: :wub:

(the last gif looks like Axl reading this thread:smiley-confused2:)

also @Rock Hopper and @Lumikki...when I said "asking them a question" I meant under ideal circumstances - no stress, nervosity, quick meeting, any other people....in other words something that will never happen lol

I really don't know what I'd ask them but it would definitely have nothing to do with music. I'd be thinking about a question that could help me know them better as human beings, not as famous rock stars. I still have a plenty of time to think about it, European tour hasn't been announced yet :cry:

("Can I be a part of your entourage?" lol)

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

5) yeah, Andy, tell us what you'd do or say or ask... take a laptop with you and show him all the animated gifs you make out of his facial expressions and moves on the stage :rofl-lol:

C'mon. He's already seen them. We all know he's the biggest stalker here. :ph34r: :popcorn:

• Like 1

I thought some of you would like to see this limited edition photo from Marc Canter I have, it #51 out of 100,  & I especially love how exhausted these boys look after thier set. Also, the great graffiti walls. Would love to see others memorabilia.

image.jpeg

Edited by Mararoyce
Word
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

LOL :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:.

giphy.gif

I'm kidding. Of course I do like you :max::hug: :wub:

(the last gif looks like Axl reading this thread:smiley-confused2:)

also @Rock Hopper and @Lumikki...when I said "asking them a question" I meant under ideal circumstances - no stress, nervosity, quick meeting, any other people....in other words something that will never happen lol

I really don't know what I'd ask them but it would definitely have nothing to do with music. I'd be thinking about a question that could help me know them better as human beings, not as famous rock stars. I still have a plenty of time to think about it, European tour hasn't been announced yet :cry:

("Can I be a part of your entourage?" lol)

C'mon. He's already seen them. We all know he's the biggest stalker here. :ph34r: :popcorn:

hahaha :lol: Thank you!

The last gif is Axl and everybody else reading this thread. Especially the haters and troublemakers :rofl-lol:

About the questions, I'm always thinking things about the band and have lots of questions but I never write them down so I keep forgetting what I want to know, lol :facepalm:

• Like 1

All that Slash needs with that yellow shirt is a KFC bucket on his head :lol:

Bucketslash

DO YOU LIKE ME, ANDY??

8nus8r.gif

holy shit wtf

• Like 1