GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

@killuridols who are all these hot blond chicks you keep seeing around Axl? I can't think of any except Carolin Winberg at the moment :question:

In the "Axl with models" thread there are two blondes in the pictures, Caroline Winberg and that first girl I dont know if shes a model or what. Then the article mentions another model Lily Donaldson, who is blond as well.

Then you have Kat Benzova, (hand)picked by Axl for her role as photographer, and she's a former model.

The girl that was invited backstage and then to the tour bus (we saw her pics at the Cincinnatti show thread)...

And if we go back in time, we have Jennifer Driver, Ellen Jabour, and even Sebastian Bach :P

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

There's something I always found strange and fascinating at the same time. You guys tell me what you think. There was this sort of personaly diary that Erin auctioned (among other things) where Axl wrote lyrics, thoughts and this particular list of things he wanted to achieve in the future. Something like a list of life goals.

It creeps me out how all of those items he was able to cross out in a few years after he wrote them. But please, pay attention to the last item from the list. It surprises me big.

axls goals.jpg

While I was reading the discussion about Axl having all these people doing things for him and about whether is capable of taking care of himself, this particular note came to my mind and then you posted it!

When I saw it it made a big impression to me, especially the choice of the word "servants". I think Axl had been dreaming of this kind of life since he was a child. What is fascinating about Axl is his contradictory personality traits. He had this genuinely wild street spirit and simultaneously he loved the luxurious rockstar lifestyle, being spoiled and having people serve him. Over the years he has become more of the latter, but I think he still has some of the former in him.

All this reminded me of the lyrics of Human Being. It's like this song was written for him:

And If I'm acting like a king
Well that's cause
I'm a human being
And if I want too many things
Don't you know that I'm a human being
And if I've got to dream
Baby baby baby yeah
I'm a human being
And when it gets a bit obscene (wooah)
I'm a human being

And I've just got to go around
With my head hung down
Just like a human, babe,
An unknown human being
And I can hold my head so high
'Cause I'm a human, a riff raff human being

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

In the "Axl with models" thread there are two blondes in the pictures, Caroline Winberg and that first girl I dont know if shes a model or what. Then the article mentions another model Lily Donaldson, who is blond as well.

Then you have Kat Benzova, (hand)picked by Axl for her role as photographer, and she's a former model.

The girl that was invited backstage and then to the tour bus (we saw her pics at the Cincinnatti show thread)...

And if we go back in time, we have Jennifer Driver, Ellen Jabour, and even Sebastian Bach :P

He's researching for his thesis "Denouncing the Myth of Blonds Being Dumb" so he's spending years hanging out with blonds to score some points for his study.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Back to being serious :P

I really don't know if I want to ask them anything...

I envision chaos, so unless it was a China Exchange kind of thing, I don't have much hope of being able to talk to them a lot :shrugs:

Just the necessary time for a picture or an autograph and that's about it.

I'd probably thank them for the music but that's become cliché so I'm trying to figure out something new to tell them, lol :lol:

Umm.. what would be nice is to give them a present but I dont know what or how yet.

doesn't Axl collect crucifixes? maybe not anymore, but he often wears one. I'd get him a nice carved one from some small village or old antique. I think the thanking is also overdone, I'd probably try to steer the subject to his pets or something (well common ground for myself) and I'd really like to know more about these wolves he mentioned. I know that moment is never going to happen for me but I have been thinking about that hypothetical conversation a lot lately. I'd love for a forum member here to get a chance (and we could live vicariously through them). 

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

While I was reading the discussion about Axl having all these people doing things for him and about whether is capable of taking care of himself, this particular note came to my mind and then you posted it!

When I saw it it made a big impression to me, especially the choice of the word "servants". I think Axl had been dreaming of this kind of life since he was a child. What is fascinating about Axl is his contradictory personality traits. He had this genuinely wild street spirit and simultaneously he loved the luxurious rockstar lifestyle, being spoiled and having people serve him. Over the years he has become more of the latter, but I think he still has some of the former in him.

All this reminded me of the lyrics of Human Being. It's like this song was written for him:

And If I'm acting like a king
Well that's cause
I'm a human being
And if I want too many things
Don't you know that I'm a human being
And if I've got to dream
Baby baby baby yeah
I'm a human being
And when it gets a bit obscene (wooah)
I'm a human being

And I've just got to go around
With my head hung down
Just like a human, babe,
An unknown human being
And I can hold my head so high
'Cause I'm a human, a riff raff human being

wow I think your reply is brilliant :)

Yes, he is contradictory, but so are we all human beings, haha... I think he talked about that in that famous Rolling Stone interview from 1989. He mentioned about disliking rich people but at the same time he was becoming one of them, then he sorta laughed at how it is cool to know what is like to be on both sides of the fence.

Maybe our historian @Lumikkiremembers more about that (or some of the other girls who always post cool interviews)

I think his lifestyle has made him lose a bit of the edge he used to have and that rage he used to express very well in his lyrics. Im hoping to see better lyrics if he ever releases new music since some of the lyrics to CD songs are a bit disappointing for me. Others are really cool, though.

54 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

He's researching for his thesis "Denouncing the Myth of Blonds Being Dumb" so he's spending years hanging out with blonds to score some points for his study.

hah :P

10 minutes ago, annablue said:

doesn't Axl collect crucifixes? maybe not anymore, but he often wears one. I'd get him a nice carved one from some small village or old antique. I think the thanking is also overdone, I'd probably try to steer the subject to his pets or something (well common ground for myself) and I'd really like to know more about these wolves he mentioned. I know that moment is never going to happen for me but I have been thinking about that hypothetical conversation a lot lately. I'd love for a forum member here to get a chance (and we could live vicariously through them). 

Yeah, I think he does. Not sure if he's still into it but he's been wearing crosses for jewelry for a long time now so I assume he still like those things.

In my country, being religious as fuck, you can find lots of those cruxifixes made from all kinds of material but they would be too expensive for me to get and not even knowing if I could ever give them to him.

A chat like what he had with the fans waiting outside the Ac/dc rehearsals in Portugal it is, in my opinion, the best way to get to talk to him but who knows when and if that ever happens. Depends on a lot of things.

I dont see that happening here, though. People are too crazy here and no one would remain civil or cool having him in front of them like that. I dont know. Hope Im wrong :shrugs:

33 minutes ago, annablue said:

Hey, didn't you run into Duff on Avenue Rd? Never say never.

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Do you guys think Axl changed his liking of women? He seems to hang out only with blonde types now, while his two big loves were brunettes (Erin and Stephanie), and not counting Sasha (because I don't know what the hell she is to him) I've been noticing how all these girls look the same now: skinny and "nordic" (probably like you Lumikki and @Andy14) instead of a hot sex bomb like Stephanie used to be. And they are always embarassingly taller than him, lol :P

So Axl's type changing from Slash to Duff :rofl-lol::P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

He can come and spend a few days with me then. I sure as hell wouldn't help him denounce the theory (although I can talk) that blondes aren't very bright, but he would definitely have more fun :D 

11 hours ago, Lumikki said:

It really is something straight of fanfiction, isn't it? :lol:

But anyway, it's very sweet. I really love how Duff doesn't shy away from showing the people he loves that he cares. Picking out all these shirts for Slash, saying that he loves him (not to mention all the xxoo's :P) when he posted that picture from the birthday dinner, the birthday dinner itself... It's heartwarming to see.

fa992328.jpg

Dat pic makes Me want to post this

Sorry Duff :P

images.jpg*images.jpgunnamed (18).jpgimages (100).jpgunnamed (20).jpg4_by_fugunofukuyama-d5b453r.jpg

Yummy Caramel N' Milk

unnamed (19).jpg

Never seen this before

images.jpg

Somehow most of GN'R early years photo, Slash love to sit/stand beside/near Axl :heart:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

@Andy14 in an ideal situation i would probably ask Slash about books, his favourite ones, what authors he likes, i would ask Duff about history, he's an history buff like me and i was always curious about it, does he only study american history? About Axl, uhmmm, i guess i would ask him about cinema/tv series, he likes Netflix!

WTF it's that hideous vest and that horrible hat in the first pic :rofl-lol: 

48 minutes ago, giuls said:

@Andy14 in an ideal situation i would probably ask Slash about books, his favourite ones, what authors he likes, i would ask Duff about history, he's an history buff like me and i was always curious about it, does he only study american history? About Axl, uhmmm, i guess i would ask him about cinema/tv series, he likes Netflix!

WTF it's that hideous vest and that horrible hat in the first pic :rofl-lol: 

Slash said in one of his Youtube videos that he likes a lot of books, but his favorite is The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

And I think Duff isn't just interested in American history, I think there were some books about World War 2, the colonialisation of Africa etc. in his endless list of good books that he put into his own second book.

44 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Where I could read Duff talks about history?

In his books.

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, he is contradictory, but so are we all human beings, haha... I think he talked about that in that famous Rolling Stone interview from 1989. He mentioned about disliking rich people but at the same time he was becoming one of them, then he sorta laughed at how it is cool to know what is like to be on both sides of the fence.

Maybe our historian @Lumikkiremembers more about that (or some of the other girls who always post cool interviews)

Historian? Hah! :P I like that. The title should go to @Blackstar though, she's much more academic about her GnR knowledge than I am and always has sources for what she says. While I usually just spout random crap that I vaguely remember in some dark corner of my mind.

That said, I do think I have the quote you're talking about:

I like being successful. I was always starving. On the other side. When it came to people with money, it was always "The rich? Fuck them!" But I left one group and joined another. I escaped from one group where I was looked down on for being a poor kid that doesn't know shit, and now I'm, like, a rich, successful asshole. I don't like that. I'm still just me and, with a lot of people's help, the group was able to become a huge financial success. None of us were the popular kids in school – we were all outcasts who got together and pooled our talents.

There's also this:

A few years ago you were a poor kid in a struggling rock band, and today you're in one of the most popular groups in the world. How have you adjusted to your success?
Trying to handle success is a pain in the ass. It's really strange and takes some getting used to. I've never had my place to live before, never had to deal with the amount of money we've made and not get ripped off, never understood doing your taxes and all these things. I was hating it a few months ago, trying to get organized and trying to get a place to live and to get a grip on everything. But now things are coming together. I've wanted to be here my whole life.

Did you ever in your wildest dreams think your first album, Appetite for Destruction, would do as well as it did?
Thought about it a lot.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rolling-stone-interview-axl-rose-19890810

The thing about wanting to be at this point his whole life and daydreaming a lot about Appetite being super successfull imo supports what @Blackstar said about Axl dreaming about the luxurious life since he was a child. Was Axl's family kind of poor or something? I mean obviously most children would rather picture themselves as being well-off/rich as adults than poor, but I never dreamed about having "servants", car collections or 1000 $ pants. And I still don't want or need these things.

Slash and especially Duff are the complete opposite and proud of that. They always point out their working class roots, and talk about not spending a lot/not wasting money, and how they both come from the same background and can connect with each other's hard-working mentality etc.

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

I need to read Craig Duswalt's book. Never thought it'd be interesting but by what you're telling here looks liek I might get entertained by it :P

His book isn't all that interesting imo and there are a lot of boring parts in it, and you can tell he didn't want to upset Axl with the book, so nothing overly revealing or personal is mentioned. He mostly paints Axl in a pretty positive light. But there were some interesting tidbits in there like the baby wallaby story that I mentioned earlier in the thread or Axl really wanting to send his magical quack doctors to Freddie Mercury because he thought they could cure his AIDS... :rolleyes: Also some more eyebrow raising stuff like described below.

13 hours ago, Frey said:

Babying him how?

There were a few instances in the book that I felt were a bit :rolleyes:, but the one I remember most vividly was Duswalt describing a typical day with Axl on the road during the UYI tour:

Day starts after a show. After a show, Axl was hungry, so they needed to find a place to eat that was still open in the middle of the night. Therefore they usually ended up at pancake places or cheap diners, nothing fancy. But it wasn't a problem because Axl liked simple food like pancakes, waffles, chicken fried steak etc. anyway.

(Side note for @Andy14: So Axl likes Palatschinken / Palačinka and Wiener Schnitzel / Vídeňský řízek... This clearly means he should come visit us, since we've got his favorite food and everything here. :P He can have all the Palačinka and Schnitzels he wants with us and better ones than he's used to from the US too :smiley-confused2:)

While there, Axl apparently could never decide what to eat, so they ordered like 5 or 6 different dishes for him and he'd just sit there and eat a little bit of everything from every plate. Okay, a bit excentric and childish, but whatever, they can afford it.

By the time they were done eating, it was usually already the early morning hours and everyone was fucking tired. Except Axl, who was still all wired up and full of energy from the concert. So Craig Duswalt had to stay up with him and talk to him until Axl was tired enough and ready to fall asleep :rolleyes: The problem with that being that unlike Axl (who slept till noon from then on) Craig had to get up again in 1-3 hours to do some actual work.

So Craig Duswalt barely got any sleep and worked the entire morning till noon until Axl was done with his beauty sleep. When Axl woke up again, he'd usually wander into Craig's room (which was always right next to Axl's room) like a toddler and say that he was hungry. So then Craig would hand him the room service menu, Axl would choose something and then Craig ordered whatever Axl chose.

In the afternoon, Axl had stuff like psychotherapy, physiotherapy or he worked out on his exercise monstrosity. Evenings were time for getting ready for concerts again and no one wanted to be the one who had to tell Axl that he had to leave now and they were all walking on egg shells around him basically with that issue.

Nothing about that is overly bad, but jeeeez dude, go read a book or watch some TV if you can't fall asleep instead of robbing other people of their sleep by making them tell you bedtime stories or babbling at them for hours. :facepalm: Also how hard can it be to pick up the fucking menu and order room service yourself? :question: Why does he need to wander into his babysitter's room to whine about being hungry instead of just doing it himself? I'm sure Slash or Duff would have just picked up the phone by their bed and ordered whatever they wanted if they were hungry and that's it. (I think Duswalt had some excuse for that, the waiters bothering Axl or whatever, but I wasn't convinced since the waiters also seemed to bother Axl when they were eating/hanging out in Craig Duswalt's room...)

And of course the whole going on stage issue. Iirc, Duswalt said he never talked to Axl about going on stage and never reminded him of how many hours till he had to go on stage again tonight, because he knew it would upset him or something. So because he/they couldn't risk upsetting Axl by telling him he had to go onstage/when he had to go onstage, they resorted to trickery: they faked the schedules with the time lines on it for every show. Basically they moved all the items on the schedule a few hours forward, so Axl would think they had to go on stage earlier than they actually had to when he saw it. This way, they got a few hours buffer zone for Axl's lateness. And yet they still constantly went on stage hours and hours late :scared: The lengths they went to to get Axl on stage at some point of the night instead of just sitting down and talking to him about it are pretty insane.

He also mentioned times where Axl made some insane demands that had to be met or he would refuse to go onstage (like finding an English speaking throat specialist in @Andy14's country shortly before the concert in times where there was no internet or cell phones). Or that one time they had to remind him that his sister might be killed if he didn't go on stage and that finally made him come with them.

There was also something about Axl not paying for stuff himself when out shopping (his babysitters had to do that for him) and not handling his money himself.

I don't know. Craig Duswalt really tried to be as nice as possible about everything, but there was still a lot of :rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm: moments coming through between the lines.

• Like 2