GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, we are all creepy in some way or another but the majority of the things we discuss or post here are PUBLIC information that you can find in magazines, autobiographies and other media outlet. The majority of people we discuss here are public figures and they have chosen to make their lives public at some point. Except for Axl's mother picture, I can't think of anything else we've posted in this thread that involved crossing a limit in terms of stalking their homes, their families or revealing private information that someone could possibly know, that it has not been made public before.

Not sure if it was @dalsh327 the one who posted Axl's mom yearbook photo and I don't even know how he got access to it but if he crossed a line, then he should respond about it, if there is an actual problem with it. I didn't do it.

About the father, I guess we talked about how wrong it would be to dig into that and we all agreed that going deeper into the subject would not be okay. See for yourself (pages 91 & 92):

I think everybody here is an adult and they should know their limits/boundaries regarding certain things. There are many things some people here post that I dont agree with or find tasteless (i.e. Seymour in the beach engaging in incestous activities with her sons), I wouldn't post them but I know they are out there, people can find them because they were published by a media website. Or the pictures of the Lebeis children, I am against publishing/posting photos of children in general, I think they should be left out of our conversations. But again, I also know their own parents make those pictures public and I have no ground to tell anyone to not do it here. My personal ethics tell me that it is wrong, so I stay out of it, I don't do it, but I can't dictate the ethics of other people, if their behavior is not crossing legal boundaries.

The reason why I warned on Izzy's step daughter is because I thought someone was about to do something wrong, which is cyberstalk a person who was never made public by her stepfather and for that solely reason, we shouldn't do it either. That is my opinion and I voiced it. But I'm not a moderator, so people can still do whatever they want and carry on with the consequences of their actions. I just felt I had to do it and I will do it again if I think someone's doing or is about to do something wrong. I've been told off here in some ocassions too and I apologized when I realized I made a mistake. I have no problem accepting that I've been wrong because I know I make mistakes, just like everybody else.

There's some things I didn't post out of respect to his family that were public record, but I didn't think yearbooks were a big deal, or more info about what happened to his dad was any more controversial than what Axl said about him. However - I did find it interesting that when his father died, it was right around when he was living in Hollywood still going by William Bailey, and he happened to change his last name to Rose after his dad died. As bad as a man his father was, it still plays into what drove him to success. At one of the recent shows he had said he had good summer memories visiting family in Chicago. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

There's some things I didn't post out of respect to his family that were public record, but I didn't think yearbooks were a big deal, or more info about what happened to his dad was any more controversial than what Axl said about him. However - I did find it interesting that when his father died, it was right around when he was living in Hollywood still going by William Bailey, and he happened to change his last name to Rose after his dad died. As bad as a man his father was, it still plays into what drove him to success. At one of the recent shows he had said he had good summer memories visiting family in Chicago. 

Thank you for giving your input on the matter :)

The whole thing is a controversial subject and we've tried to be as respectful about it as we could. Most of us agreed that digging further would be crossing the line so we backed off.

I hope this has satisfied @nn18's concerns.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

We can definitely have a nice long post "Axl vs shirt" :smiley-confused2:

insta35.gif

I hate the way he undresses... Why? Is he taking a skirt off? :max:

And the way he kicks the shirt, like only a brat would do :max:

I've got a headache like a mother, twice the price of my thrills :facepalm:

On 6/8/2016 at 9:21 PM, stella said:

The point I was trying to make was that even if we haven't heard anything about Axl having a SO it doesn't mean that one doesn't exist, or that he's been a celibate monk. And saying that she is the pet sitter is really not much different than saying she's the person who lets the repairman in. Another thing here is that Axl apparently has a lot of animals, or he did - it's actually legit that someone might need to be hired to tend to them.  If Axl's had platonic friends and relatives living at his house, why not a friend with benefits?

Freddie Mercury actually had a wife/female companion, too - he left his estate to her and IIRC she actually got his ashes as well. Given the huge homophobia in the UK and USA in the 70s and 80s he could have easily paraded her around, saying, "see, look, I'm married to a woman! I'm straight! Nothing to see here!" and he didn't. I don't think there's ever been a photo of her, in fact.

Dolly Parton, yes, people know she's married, but she doesn't bring it up very much. There have been interviews where journalists have tried to trick her into answering questions about her husband and she's really been good at deflecting them all.

Eddie Izzard is a great British comedian and actor - he's also a transvestite. For many years he had a steady girlfriend and absolutely would not put her name or any information about her out there in the world. He's very funny:

I've crushed on Eddie since the first time I saw him in the early 2000's...sorry about bringing up an old post if it messes with the system  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Great pics and gifs, @Andy14, Slash is still Axl favourite way to rest his elbow :lol:

It's nice they were considerate of what happened in Orlando

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I hate the way he undresses... Why? Is he taking a skirt off? :max:

And the way he kicks the shirt, like only a brat would do :max:

I've got a headache like a mother, twice the price of my thrills :facepalm:

He is on a time restrain! :rofl-lol: i'm defending him because sometime i take off the hoodie i have put around my waist like Axl but i don't kick it away :lol:

16 minutes ago, giuls said:

He is on a time restrain! :rofl-lol: i'm defending him because sometime i take off the hoodie i have put around my waist like Axl but i don't kick it away :lol:

I hope Duff or Slash spank him for that! :max:

:wow: oh my god I just said something homoerotically creepy! Burn me down! :rofl-lol:

I have OCD with those things so it makes me nuts seeing him kicking the shirt like that. My clothes are all folded in drawers or the closet. You'll never find any clothes lying on the floor in my room (or anywhere in my apartment). I take care of all my clothes, that way they last for years. 

Of course, Axl doesn't give a fuck, he has so much money he could buy 100 of those shirts in one day :unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thank you for giving your input on the matter :)

The whole thing is a controversial subject and we've tried to be as respectful about it as we could. Most of us agreed that digging further would be crossing the line so we backed off.

I hope this has satisfied @nn18's concerns.

Acctually, that was not my concern at all :D

I liked seeing pictures of Axl's parents, not because of me being a stalker or being obsessed with a celebrity, but because I have a thing for figuring out who the kid looks like, a mother or a father. Including Axl or some other celebrity. I'm really fascinated with the genetics and the way it works. Thank you @dalsh327. But I very much agree about leaving too personal things out because that's just the way it should be.

My point was that you called  @Slash787 creepy for saying that he would like to know more about Izzy's stepdaughter, but digging into other non public figures' lives such as Axl's parents' pictures or doing ''heavy'' researches like that were not. They're both equally ''bad'' in my oppinion and just because he's a guy does not mean there should be different standards for him (I'm not claiming that you said that, just stating the obvious). Both men and women like gossiping, chatting and priving into other people's personal lives. And that's very wrong of course, but we're all guilty of it and we know it. And everybody who says otherwise is lying (I'm looking at those lurkers here, who're reading the thread but are afraid to admit it :lol:)

Having said that, I do find some things here to be too much for me, but it's ok, I just stay out of the discussion and wait for some other subjects to come that I'm interested in. What is weird and creepy for some people may not be to some other people. 

And I do not want to start any fight, or cause any negativity here, I just pointed out what I felt was wrong and would just like to leave it that way. PEACE :) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Acctually, that was not my concern at all :D

I liked seeing pictures of Axl's parents, not because of me being a stalker or being obsessed with a celebrity, but because I have a thing for figuring out who the kid looks like, a mother or a father. Including Axl or some other celebrity. I'm really fascinated with the genetics and the way it works. Thank you @dalsh327. But I very much agree about leaving too personal things out because that's just the way it should be.

My point was that you called  @Slash787 creepy for saying that he would like to know more about Izzy's stepdaughter, but digging into other non public figures' lives such as Axl's parents' pictures or doing ''heavy'' researches like that were not. They're both equally ''bad'' in my oppinion and just because he's a guy does not mean there should be different standards for him (I'm not claiming that you said that, just stating the obvious). Both men and women like gossiping, chatting and priving into other people's personal lives. And that's very wrong of course, but we're all guilty of it and we know it. And everybody who says otherwise is lying (I'm looking at those lurkers here, who're reading the thread but are afraid to admit it :lol:)

Having said that, I do find some things here to be too much for me, but it's ok, I just stay out of the discussion and wait for some other subjects to come that I'm interested in. What is weird and creepy for some people may not be to some other people. 

And I do not want to start any fight, or cause any negativity here, I just pointed out what I felt was wrong and would just like to leave it that way. PEACE :) 

Ok, thanks for your response too. I'd like to clarify that I didn't call Slash787 creepy just for being a guy; if it had been a woman asking the same thing, that'd make her creepy too. I wasn't focusing on the gender of the person but on what they wanted to do with Izzy's step daughter.

Like I pointed before, I hope you read the pages where the situation with Axl's father was discussed. We all agreed it was not cool to keep digging on that subject or trying to figure out who he was. So in that case, the creepy actions were called out in the same way the Izzy's step daughter thing was called out yesterday. 

Regarding the mom's picture, I can only speak for myself: that day when I came to check the thread the picture was already posted and I didn't know how it was obtained. Since I'm not American I'm not familiar with the whole yearbook thing, therefore I really didnt know if those things are public or not; I didn't know either if this had been published before by a media outlet or not. I know a lot of GNR history but others I don't, and with this thread I've learn a lot more that I didn't know before or that I had forgotten.

Before that, I was convinced that Axl's mom was some lady in a picture with him taken in the 90's, that has been circulating all over the Internet for years, claiming that that was his real mom. So in that case, I had no ground or clues to say whether it was right or wrong to post that. I was very surprised because all the time I thought the mom was a different person. But again, both Axl's parents have been mentioned by Axl himself on interviews (Rolling Stone) and at the shows (Chicago '92) where he has complained about them and the things they did to him. They didn't want to be famous but their son made them "famous" in a non very pleasant way and we all heard about it.

This is not the case with Izzy's step daughter and we don't even know if she's STILL his step daughter, which makes the whole thing even more complicated and uncool to go after her. No different standards were applied on anyone regarding this matter. 

And yeah, I do not enjoy all of the pictures or topics other people post here. I said that in my previous reply to you, but in most cases I don't have serious reasons to complain about or to call them out for that, so I skip it and move on.

Thank you again and it's all cool :)

- Let the debauchery continue its ordinary course of business -

:rofl-lol:

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Richard, Izzy's Step Daughter, who else?:dance::awesomeface:

TB, Jarmo, Erin, Stephanie Seymour, Steven Adler, my mom, Andrei, Sasha, Dijon, Dexter, Tom Mayhue, Alan Niven, Vicky Hamilton, Adriana Smith, my cousin Martina and.... I'll figure out more later :awesomeface:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

Hahaha I was totally perving in person every time he was on those screens (god bless high definition) He looked like someone dumped water over his head and the tan sweaty muscles.... yowza! DILF was in full force. 

YES! Sweaty Duff is a sight to behold. When I saw them in KC, they were all soaked and it was glorious lol. I know he said once he sweats so much on stage that sometimes those amps (or whatever they are) he has hooked to the back of his pants/bass strap will short out from getting wet and he has to change them real quick.

There's an IG video going around of him last night singing CPYAAAM and you see the sweat falling off everywhere. :drool:

I grabbed a couple of nice sweaty pics of him during my concert.

DSC01562.JPG

DSC01560.JPG

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

YES! Sweaty Duff is a sight to behold. When I saw them in KC, they were all soaked and it was glorious lol. I know he said once he sweats so much on stage that sometimes those amps (or whatever they are) he has hooked to the back of his pants/bass strap will short out from getting wet and he has to change them real quick.

There's an IG video going around of him last night singing CPYAAAM and you see the sweat falling off everywhere. :drool:

I grabbed a couple of nice sweaty pics of him during my concert.

DSC01562.JPG

DSC01560.JPG

yeaaaah these are good! And the confetti was sticking to them and I was chuckling about that. Like a piece smack on his forehead. And the muscles are a sight. Good on him for committing to work out... so that we may enjoy >:] 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wow, I'm a damn fool. I was snooping around here in your thread but got distracted then when I came back I thought I was in the Social Media thread and I saw all this shit about Duff being covered in sweat for 2 pages and figured it was a code red.

:facepalm: I'll just see myself out...

Just admit it tht You enjoy this thread. ;)

Thts just Your excuse so tht People will not think You are weird like Us :lol::P

Edited by SerenityScorp

10 hours ago, annablue said:

I've crushed on Eddie since the first time I saw him in the early 2000's...sorry about bringing up an old post if it messes with the system  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

He's pretty awesome. :) A friend of mine actually met him at an event years ago and he hit on her. Apparently he was very sweet and charming. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

ES! Sweaty Duff is a sight to behold. When I saw them in KC, they were all soaked and it was glorious lol. I know he said once he sweats so much on stage that sometimes those amps (or whatever they are) he has hooked to the back of his pants/bass strap will short out from getting wet and he has to change them real quick.

I am surprised they don't have "safe sound." Since the 80s, when people wear body mics and such during shows where they're going to sweat on them a lot, they often wrap the electronics in condoms. No joke, and the source of the "safe sound" joke name. :)

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Wow, I'm a damn fool. I was snooping around here in your thread but got distracted then when I came back I thought I was in the Social Media thread and I saw all this shit about Duff being covered in sweat for 2 pages and figured it was a code red.

:facepalm: I'll just see myself out...

Don't you worry, Sweaty Duff is a sight to behold that would confuse anyone :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

I know Slash is half British but I really want to hear Hi speak British accent :awesomeface:

Not just that he's half British, but he also lived in England up until he was 5 (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's the time your speaking starts becoming more fluent and he should've picked up some of that British english. I know he lives in US practicaly his whole life, but shouldn't he have at least a little of that accent? Though, I don't remember things I did when I was 5 and neither does he probably....

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Dizzy's daughter got married?

CosmBVHUAAEDatT.jpg

CosmCifUIAEpRUu.jpg

Was this her? I read somewhere that this little girl should be Dizzy's daughter

8a66c4c8f77a4d6ee83de878d87ccb58.jpg

If yes, she grew into such a beauty :) 

The question of course is; did other band members attend? Probably not...

• Like 1