GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I agree that she should have stayed out of it but at the same time, I can understand where she's coming from.

She can't live or go through this from a neutral place. She was involved in this whole crap. Stephanie damaged her too. She subpoenaed her and got her in trouble.

We were not affected by this like she was so I can understand it bothers her. She may be someone very sensitive and caring. She cares about Axl. She has big and important history with him and with the band.

I don't blame her for feeling that way either. She's been really warm towards Axl in her social media posts these last few months (or even years), so I guess she just feels kind of protective and doesn't like seeing people making such douche moves targeted at him.

And from what she wrote (having issues with being subpoenad) she seems to have a personal beef to grind with Stephanie as well.

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

While I hope I NEVER make it to middle-age, if I ever do, I know I don't want to be like this idiotic woman :facepalm:

9 thoughts of a middle-aged woman at a Guns N Roses concert

1. I can't believe that girl's mother really let her out of the house in those. They'd need another yard of fabric just to be called "shorts." Wait ... I think she is the mother.
  2. What do you mean I can't bring a purse into the Dome? Where am I supposed to carry a flashlight so I won't trip in the aisles? Earplugs to protect my hearing? The Tiger Balm for my arthritic knee and my AARP card? You know, just in case.
  3. If one more person bumps into me and my arthritic knee, I will be forced to write a strongly worded letter to Georgia Dome representatives, gently "suggesting" they install chair lifts on the stairs. If that doesn't work, I'll play the AARP card.
  4. Look, Singer-Dude for the warm-up band, there's no need for that kind of language. Does your mother know you talk like that in public?
  5. Is that how Axl Rose used to look? It's difficult to tell, since I never followed him in Tiger Beat magazine. Plus, my eyesight is failing. He looks strange, though. I hope I don't look like that when I'm his age ... in, like, three years.
  6. Seriously, did he always look that way? His face looks waxy. Like a wax figure. A waxy statue of Axl Rose ... wait ... Waxl. Waxl Wose.
  7. I really like those giant screen-thingies that show close-ups of the band. Back in the day, sitting in the balcony meant the band looked like tiny scurrying ants down there playing tiny ant guitars with tiny ant guitar picks. It was like watching "Honey, I Shrunk the Rock Stars." On the other hand, without the screens, no one would be able to see Waxl Wose's face.
  8. Axl Rose wardrobe change count: T-shirts 8, headgear, 6. I wonder if he was making an artistic statement about rock music by alternating between designs of snakes, skulls and women's behinds. Whatever. It worked for him. Maybe – and I'm thinking out of the box here – he is just a really sweaty guy.
  9. What did Sweetums say? I can't hear anything over what sounds like bees buzzing in my ear. Or maybe I just have wax in my ears ... or could it be the dying strains from Waxl, Waxl Wose?

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016/08/9_thoughts_of_a_middle-aged_wo.html

1 hour ago, pinkforgirls said:

Alright since the cat is already out of the bag.....And Erin added to her comment. Her "truth" has piqued my interest. 

Screenshot_20160803-185759.png

These are representative of two types of persons I detest:

- The untalented writer who sells his/her half-ignorance as wit and expressive of the "average person's" common sense.

- The spoiled rich brat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinkforgirls said:

Alright since the cat is already out of the bag.....And Erin added to her comment. Her "truth" has piqued my interest. 

Screenshot_20160803-185759.png

What do you think she is talking about?  Defending Axl or herself?  I don't see how this refers to her.

With Beta's comment "Well, he has Sasha" when a fan asked if Axl has a boyfriend now at Coachella, that says a lot about the status of his relationship with Erin at the moment. Meaning to say, they have not reconnected (yet). 

If he is dating Erin behind the scene and not wanting it to be out of the bag yet, Beta IMO would have responded something to the effect of, "Well... he is seeing someone, but that's all I can say for now."

5 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

With Beta's comment "Well, he has Sasha" when a fan asked if Axl has a boyfriend now at Coachella, that says a lot about the status of his relationship with Erin at the moment. Meaning to say, they have not reconnected (yet). 

If he is dating Erin behind the scene and not wanting it to be out of the bag yet, Beta IMO would have responded something to the effect of, "Well... he is seeing someone, but that's all I can say for now."

I think either Erin really wants a relationship with him, or they are at least friendly behind the scenes and she feels comfortable doing this on his behalf.  

Someone asked if if he had a boyfriend?  Lol, that wouldn't surprise me either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kira said:

I think either Erin really wants a relationship with him, or they are at least friendly behind the scenes and she feels comfortable doing this on his behalf.  

Someone asked if if he had a boyfriend?  Lol, that wouldn't surprise me either.

Yup someone who is a member on this forum asked Beta that:lol:

I will be honest, I am confuzzled as to why Erin would have been upset about that. It wasn't throwing any shade at her. It's really really creepy message and photo for a son to send to his mother but it is not anything to do with her. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

lol... do you google yourself here or something? :lol:

Thank you for the Amy scoop!

Now that you're here: how old is Amy and is Bailey her stepfather as well?

:devilshades:

I don't know the specifics on their family.  I think I heard somewhere that the stepfather adopted Axl and his sister and I'm not sure about his brother.  The only thing I really know is that Slash said in his book that the elaborate themed after show parties they planned on the UYI tour were stupid and nobody attended them.  

38 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I could make up a similar story and come here post it for all the fools to believe it...

There's no tangible evidence of it. Said forum member is as random as a lottery number and why would Beta respond such a personal question to a strange fan?

And how in the hell do you approach Beta with a straight face to ask her something about Axl's life? Like... you'd have to be veeeery close to her to approach her with such a question.

I don't know.. I really can't picture that situation as something that actually ever happened.

More like something someone made up to roll out a rumor and add some pepper to the Coachella hype.

20 minutes ago, stella said:

I will be honest, I am confuzzled as to why Erin would have been upset about that. It wasn't throwing any shade at her. It's really really creepy message and photo for a son to send to his mother but it is not anything to do with her. 

Because of what Frey and I said above. Erin has a beef with Stephanie because she was involved in something she didn't want to be part of. Axl and Stephanie dragged her to it.

9 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I don't know the specifics on their family.  I think I heard somewhere that the stepfather adopted Axl and his sister and I'm not sure about his brother.  The only thing I really know is that Slash said in his book that the elaborate themed after show parties they planned on the UYI tour were stupid and nobody attended them.  

Adopted Axl and his sister? 

That's... weird... I mean, no, it's not but dont mind me :unsure: Im suffering from insider syndrome right now :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, annablue said:

some drama is unfolding...there's more to come I think. Bizarro world. I follow Erin on IG...should I say us girls have her back? 

I feel like a panther in a cage again :ph34r: but yeah, I'm on her side, on her IG, on her FB and on her phone book :ph34r:

44 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because of what Frey and I said above. Erin has a beef with Stephanie because she was involved in something she didn't want to be part of. Axl and Stephanie dragged her to it.

Yes, I read that, but I still don't get it. We know she's not cool with Stephanie because of their past history, the lawsuit, etc. But the fact remains that this post has zero to do with her, and doesn't say anything about her, and is a social media conversation that wasn't directed to her. If they'd tagged it with # Erin Sucks or #Axls Best Girl or something I could see being upset, but I don't get this one.

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Amy and Stuart are Stephen Baileys biological children.  Axl is the only one by a different father.

as for the parties, I think a lot of people attended them, just not slash and duff.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

@killuridols, I have read (RS 2000 article and People's Magazine via Chinese Whispers) that Erin sued Axl too for domestic violence in 1994 after her testimony for Stephanie's counter-lawsuit. Isn't this true?

That's what the magazine says, yeah.

Some things said in the magazine are inaccurate, though.

1 hour ago, stella said:

Yes, I read that, but I still don't get it. We know she's not cool with Stephanie because of their past history, the lawsuit, etc. But the fact remains that this post has zero to do with her, and doesn't say anything about her, and is a social media conversation that wasn't directed to her. If they'd tagged it with # Erin Sucks or #Axls Best Girl or something I could see being upset, but I don't get this one.

It's not directly about her but it involves a person she loves and she has big history with. 

Not everything has to be about oneself, for one to react and empathize with the pain of others. Some people watch others suffer and walk away if those others are not related to them. Other people watch others suffer and stay by them trying to help.

I can understand where Erin is coming from because I'm always feeling the same urge for justice. I'm always defending people who have nothing to do with me but it is in my nature to stand up for the weak ones. This nature is always getting me in trouble but I can't help it.

Erin thinks it was cruel from that guy to quote Axl, knowing how much Axl suffered for that woman. He's like making fun of what happened and sounds proud of his cold heartbreaker mom.

54 minutes ago, Kira said:

Amy and Stuart are Stephen Baileys biological children.  Axl is the only one by a different father.

as for the parties, I think a lot of people attended them, just not slash and duff.

You were at the parties?