GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Hmm... the expression on his face in that picture reminds me of this picture:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/vers1.png~original

See? He looks exactly the same in these, just older. :heart::heart::heart:

I can't think of him saying anything like that off the top of my head, though it's been a while since I read any of the chats and stuff like that.

But I'm not surprised that you'd get that impression. Some of the lyrics of the song do kind of sound like they're referring to his family/stepfather/child abuse/something like that.

Especially that part:

So give it away
Like they're not gonna fuck you
How long can you bear him
To come back and haunt you
To burn past your feelings
And cause you to suffer
You're starting to bleed
They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing
I'm so confused, abused, misused

Oh my god
I can't deny this
I've been taught just to kill and fight this
To bury it deeper where nobody can find it
Cause nobody wanted to know

I remember years ago someone was claiming that the song was clearly about repressed homosexuality :lol: But I think the stepfather/childhood/child abuse theory makes more sense than that.

It's like when he says Sorry isn't about Slash :rofl-lol:

Really, I suppose you listen to or read lyrics and interpret them the way you want. But I think it's pretty obvious what Oh My God is about. 

37 minutes ago, Frey said:

Lol at all these people mistaking Axl for a woman. But I'm not surprised, he was really fucking androgynous looking when he was young and he still is to a certain extent.

My mom too thought He is a Girl but I guess He is look like a Girl on this photo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtEAkaQ8UCqhn0CT22nh9

5 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

This thread is a fucking travesty.

Don't read it then.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Someone must have broken Axl, he's SMILING!!!! :wow:

axlfan.jpg

He looks so good here! if only he could ditch the awful clothes he would still be attractive!:heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's like when he says Sorry isn't about Slash :rofl-lol:

Really, I suppose you listen to or read lyrics and interpret them the way you want. But I think it's pretty obvious what Oh My God is about. 

Wait what do you think it's about? You think it's about his childhood or family as well? 

(Sorry haven't slept in ages and am slow on the uptake today)

@Andy14 Ah that's awesome! "Fabulous furry freak brothers" though wtf :lol:

Is that the first time Slash has ever posted a GnR-related picture on Instagram? More specifically something about Duff and Axl? It's about bloody time. 

And I'm still waiting for him to post a selfie of him and Axl :max::max:

1 hour ago, tiutso said:

Man, when I noticed that bloody Ashba pic, the post only had 2 notes on Tumblr and I couldn't send an anon to that user so I just gave up and came here. Now @Lumikki went out there tearing it up with truths, and everyone is agitated, what the hell :lol: 

Lol okay then :lol: I'm not very active on Tumblr, but felt inspired to adress this issue (along with all the other fake/mislabeld pictures) yesterday. It's my civic duty as a citizen of the GnR fandom or something :P

Speaking of fake pictures and Tumblr, I was just asked about this picture on there. I've seen it before, but had totally forgotten about it. Anyone here know anything about this picture? Where it came from etc.? I'm guessing it's most likely fake as well, but I don't actually know for certain because I have no idea about that picture's history. Googling hasn't proven very helpful either.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/WrongFucker/tumblr_o5fvz9Uqmb1rrgowzo1_1280.jpg~original

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Lol at all these people mistaking Axl for a woman. But I'm not surprised, he was really fucking androgynous looking when he was young and he still is to a certain extent.

why are you lol'ing at our moms? :max:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Hmm... the expression on his face in that picture reminds me of this picture:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/vers1.png~original
See? He looks exactly the same in these, just older. :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you!

I was going to ask @Andy14 to look for the comparison because I was so sure I had seen that face before! It is that one! yeah!

We keeping winning, this "faces" comparison thing should be another exclusive pinned thread we should have here. All the work the Women's thread has produced is invaluable :heart:

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

But I'm not surprised that you'd get that impression. Some of the lyrics of the song do kind of sound like they're referring to his family/stepfather/child abuse/something like that.

Especially that part:

So give it away
Like they're not gonna fuck you
And cause you to suffer
You're starting to bleed
They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing

Oh my god
I can't deny this

I remember years ago someone was claiming that the song was clearly about repressed homosexuality :lol: But I think the stepfather/childhood/child abuse theory makes more sense than that.

[...] All these relatives knew little pieces of this puzzle, and nobody helped me with shit. I'm angry about that. I can't sit and think about Uncle So-and-So and enjoy it much. And if you're talking with any of these people, they try to get you to just tolerate it and take things back to the way they were: "Let's not get it public." My family did everything they could, thinking they were doing what was right, to bury it all. My stepfather was just adamant that he was going to protect Mom and himself: "Your real father does not get brought up." And he was also trying to cover his own tracks for what he did.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402?page=9

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stella said:

I'm getting a chuckle about the random dudebros who keep passing through this thread to hurl insults and run off again. It reminds me of those guys who think they're big and bad when they yell things out of their car windows...

I like it when @killuridols chases them out with a pitchfork and a flame.

Manbabies them all!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@killuridols, I said that Axl doesn't have a business mind and that Slash and Duff are better at this area, and Frey commented on my post. I'm clarifying that I don't think it's a flaw, especially for someone like Axl. In fact, I kinda like him for this, because I'm romantic about music and I don't want to see it and art in general as business (without disregarding that in capitalist economy art is inevitably a commodity etc.).

This is why (and moreover because it was one of the reasons that the band disintegrated) I consider Axl's big mistake that he decided to see the band firstly as a business and then as a team of people who created and played music. Axl wanted GnR to be like The Rolling Stones, a band that had already a 25 year old career, hence it had reasonably become a business. Thus Doug Goldstein became more important than Izzy; which itself was a bad decision even business wise, because you don't risk losing a partner whose role is important in creating the product you sell (music). Axl wanted to reduce Izzy's royalties because Izzy didn't want to do more than writing songs, while he was spending loads of money on those theme parties and in fines for breaking the curfew due to his lateness. I know it wasn't the only reason why Izzy left, I'm commenting on Axl's choices from both an ethical and a business point of view. The CD story is another example; spending so much money on that album and not even promoting it.

Yes, Axl is very rich because he has sold millions of records (btw, these numbers don't represent what they have in "real" money, but what their assets are worth), but the fact that he can afford to lose money due to wrong choices doesn't mean that he's good at business. But like I said, I kinda like that he isn't although he wanted to be (I also appreciate that for years he refused to give the songs for commercials, even though he eventually did it and played on one). Some of his decisions' results though weren't just insignificant money loss for him.

Rolling Stone: We haven't talked about Izzy. Why did he leave the band?
Axl Rose: To get a clear answer, you'd have to ask Izzy. My personal belief is that Izzy never really wanted something this big. There were responsibilities that Izzy didn't want to deal with. He didn't want to work at the standards that Slash and I set for ourselves.

Rolling Stone: Can you give me some examples?
Axl Rose: He didn't want to do videos.

Rolling Stone: Did he say why?
Axl Rose: He just wasn't into it. Getting Izzy to work on his own songs on this record was like pulling teeth. When Izzy had 'em on a four-track, they were done. I mean, I like tapes like that, but we'd just get destroyed if we came out with a garage tape. People want a high-quality album. And it was really hard to get Izzy to do that, even on his own material. Izzy's songs were on the record because I wanted them on the record, not because Izzy gave a shit either way. If people think I don't respect Izzy or acknowledge his talent, they're sadly mistaken. He was my friend. I haven't always been right. Sometimes I've been massively wrong, and Izzy's been the one to help steer me back to the things that were right. But I know that I wanted to get as big as we possibly could from Day One, and that wasn't Izzy's intention at all. I think he's ready to do like an X-Pensive Winos [Keith Richards's band] thing. So maybe the world'll get another really cool band. I know that I'll be trying to get an advance tape, just like everybody else.

Rolling Stone: Can you really fault someone for getting out of something if he didn't feel it was right for him?
Axl Rose: No, not at all. But I can fault someone, in the same way someone can fault me, for being an asshole about the way he went about it. A comic book says how Izzy comes to me and says, "You know, I just don't feel I'm up to this," and I go, "Yeah, and you're scared, too, aw, shit." Well, that ain't the way it went down.

Rolling Stone: How did it go down?
Axl Rose: We were filming "Don't Cry," and he had to be there. Instead, he sent a really short, cold letter and didn't show up. We got this letter saying, "This changes, this changes, and maybe I'll tour in January." And they were ridiculous demands that weren't going to be met. I talked to Izzy for four and a half hours on the phone. At some points, I was crying, and I was begging. I was doing everything I could to keep him in the band. There were stipulations, though. If he was going to do like the old Izzy did, he wasn't going to make as much money. It was like "You're not giving an equal share." Slash and I were having to do too much work to keep the attention and the energy up in the crowd. You're onstage going, "This is really hard, and I'm into it and I'm doing it, but that guy just gets to stand there."

Rolling Stone: But there's a certain charisma to that. It was just one more thing to get off on about Guns n' Roses. There were five distinct personalities on the stage.
Axl Rose: That's okay. But when the guy's getting up at six thirty in the morning and riding bicycles and motorcycles and buying toy airplanes, and he's donating all this energy to something else, and it's taking 100 percent of our energy to do what we're doing on the stage, we were getting ripped off. I'm hoping Izzy's new album rocks. But at the same time, it'll be like "Why couldn't he do that with us?" He wouldn't do anything.

So you're angry with him because he didn't want to be what you wanted him to be?
Axl Rose: No. That's not it. I'm angry with him because he left in a very shitty way, and he tries to act like everything's cool. He put his trust in people that I consider my enemies. People like [former G n' R manager] Alan Niven, who I think is his manager now. I don't need Alan Niven knowing jack shit about Guns n' Roses. Everybody has a lot of good and bad, and with Alan, I just got sick of his fucking combo platter. It's like "If you're involved with these people, we can't talk to you."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402

13 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Speaking of fake pictures and Tumblr, I was just asked about this picture on there. I've seen it before, but had totally forgotten about it. Anyone here know anything about this picture? Where it came from etc.? I'm guessing it's most likely fake as well, but I don't actually know for certain because I have no idea about that picture's history. Googling hasn't proven very helpful either.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/WrongFucker/tumblr_o5fvz9Uqmb1rrgowzo1_1280.jpg~original

That's the picture I mentioned the other day as also being fake and circulating in Tumblr/Instagram as someone related to Axl.

I can't back up my sayings but I think that guy has nothing to do with Axl. Just because they look kinda similar it doesn't mean anything.

I remember people saying that was Axl's PROM photo :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, stella said:

I'm getting a chuckle about the random dudebros who keep passing through this thread to hurl insults and run off again. It reminds me of those guys who think they're big and bad when they yell things out of their car windows...

They are jealous of what we've got here.

Whenever someone has something good going on, the rest want to grab it and destroy it. It's a law.

Like @Lumikki once said, no fucking guy should get involved with this thread unless they are going to be cool to us, not get us in trouble, do not try to fight us and actually add something to the conversation.

I guess @Frey is the only one that will survive doing good in this thread, lol :P

5 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

I like it when @killuridols chases them out with a pitchfork and a flame.

Manbabies them all!

:rofl-lol:

I'm the dog of the thread!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frey said:

Wait what do you think it's about? You think it's about his childhood or family as well? 

(Sorry haven't slept in ages and am slow on the uptake today)

Yes, I definitely do. I can remember being quite shocked when I first listened to it, listening to the words. Its one of my favourite songs he's written, even though I don't rate the music too much.

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I definitely do. I can remember being quite shocked when I first listened to it, listening to the words. Its one of my favourite songs he's written, even though I don't rate the music too much.

Okay, cool. Glad to see other people here are getting these vibes as well from OMG. Always felt like I was maybe reading too much into it or something.

I agree that the lyrics are kind of shocking or rather unusual for Axl. This part has always stood out to me:

And cause you to suffer

Because Axl practically never references other men in his lyrics like that (except to diss them like in GITR lol). So you automatically ask yourself who "him" is. The only guys I can think of that make sense in the context of the song are his biological father or his step father, more likely the step father.

They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing

This sounds like him being frustrated about his family not talking to him and him wondering if they will ever tell him what he wants to know and what he needs to move forward to "heal".

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

[...] All these relatives knew little pieces of this puzzle, and nobody helped me with shit. I'm angry about that. I can't sit and think about Uncle So-and-So and enjoy it much. And if you're talking with any of these people, they try to get you to just tolerate it and take things back to the way they were: "Let's not get it public." My family did everything they could, thinking they were doing what was right, to bury it all. My stepfather was just adamant that he was going to protect Mom and himself: "Your real father does not get brought up." And he was also trying to cover his own tracks for what he did.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402?page=9

Great quote. I agree that it fits perfectly with the lyrics.

I just listened to the song again and there's also these lines:

This is better than a good compromise
I was willing to be lost in the shuffle
If only you had let me know

This is better than the last compromise
I was willing to be lost in the shadows
If only you had let me know

I wonder if he's saying here that he would have been willing to keep his mouth shut and not go public like he did if they had just talked to him and helped him fill in the missing puzzle pieces? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

P.S. I wasn't loling at anyone's mom. I'm sure your moms are all lovely :lol:

• Like 1

So you're angry with him because he didn't want to be what you wanted him to be?

LMAO:rofl-lol: Nice one, Kim Neely.

In that RS interview Axl forgot to add how Izzy also left the band because he was sober while everyone else was still hooked on drugs and how that environment was difficult to deal with for a recovering addict. Plus the inflated egos and craziness that was going on behind the scenes.

12 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Someone must have broken Axl, he's SMILING!!!! 

Thank you so much @Andy14 for posting this... You've made my day with this picture. 

26 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

So happy to see his 'face', his jawline is back!

INDEED! I come here almost once a day when in need of some "my real feelings time" (GnR seems to be my therapy) - I never post (yeah, I'm bad...)  but I remember people (not you girls) saying bad stuffs about how he was looking - and weighting - and although it used to hurt me to see him like that, gosh I love his soul...

But I also care soooo much about this guy - as same as you all I'd assume (maybe a bit more... sorry lol ;)) so I decided to post just to say how happy I am to see the new Axl. Yep, THE NEW, because it is just way TOO GOOD . He looks extremely handsome - I must confess I'd love to be his personal stylist as he can sure improve - I'd do miracles - but he sure does look extremely hot , hum, great. 

Must find a way to talk to him in one of the upcoming ACDC shows... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

But I also care soooo much about this guy - as same as you all I'd assume (maybe a bit more... sorry lol ;)) so I decided to post just to say how happy I am to see the new Axl. Yep, THE NEW, because it is just way TOO GOOD . He looks extremely handsome - I must confess I'd love to be his personal stylist as he can sure improve - I'd do miracles - but he sure does look extremely hot , hum, great. 

Must find a way to talk to him in one of the upcoming ACDC shows...

Hello, I'm the dog of the thread and I'm barking at you right now for what you said :max:

BEWARE OF THE DOG! :headbang:

• Like 3