GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Please @alfierose or another mod, have this @PinkRose banned or removed from our thread. They've gone too far this time. Thank you.

Girls, don't reply to him/her. It is obviously someone who wants to start crap with us. Let's wait until moderator takes care.

Lets just post something fun from last night show :P

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Please @alfierose or another mod, have this @PinkRose banned or removed from our thread. They've gone too far this time. Thank you.

Girls, don't reply to him/her. It is obviously someone who wants to start crap with us. Let's wait until moderator takes care.

If the mods are reluctant to intervene, there is the ignore button solution. He/she can write anything he wants, nobody will see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

If the mods are reluctant to intervene, there is the ignore button solution. He/she can write anything he wants, nobody will see it.

Yeah thats what I did, Pink Rose seems to be Tiny Robots sister. 

• Like 1

Saw this cute little review on IG earlier

"

I was literally like one person away from being in the very front row! Tyler Bryant and The Shakedown seriously rocked! I saw Zakk like getting ready on the side of the stage before he went on and he was like on his phone and I really don't know why I find it so cute when rockstars are on their phones but I do.? They did In This River and put up pictures of Dimebag and I started crying and at the end of the song Zakk said "we love you Dime" and I've also always loved that song. We waited for like a half hour for Gn'R to go on and my back was hurting like a bitch but once they went on I completely forgot about it. When they all came out it felt so unreal. Like they were so close to me and the whole time Duff kept running back and forth in the stage like he does and he was smiling at everyone and it made me so fucking happy. And Slash was absolutely mesmerizing, several times during his solos I just stood still there and stared at him bc he's seriously so amazing. Axl was amazing, his voice sounded so good and it just makes me so happy to see them together again. And Duff kept coming over to play with Slash and I may or may not have screamed Sluff at one point ? but seriously they are literally two of my favorite people, they're my heroes and seeing them live was so surreal and amazing. I feel so blessed to have been able to see them. Once when Duff came over to Slash he like smiled at him and stepped on his foot and little and Slash like giggled and smiled back and omg they're so adorable. And some guy really close to me yelled "do some AC/DC!" And Axl looked at him and smiled and said "I heard that" and Awww he's so sweet! Richard was also really cool, and he's actually way better looking than i thought he was, his eyes are gorgeous and he smiled at me a couple times. We were next to a bunch of cool people and it was so nice to have people actually know what I'm talking about instead of having to explain it. And some lady behind my mom asked my mom while I was rocking out how old I was and my mom said 16 and the lady was like "wow! She likes Gn'R??" And my mom was like "oooohh YES" and I just had the greatest time ever

So now I'm gonna need someone to find that Sluff moment and gif it :awesomeface:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

GnR was already big with Appetite. What Izzy didn't like was the huge act GnR had become in the Illusions era, i.e. the epic songs, the big stadiums, the backing singers, the expensive videos etc. Slash and Duff didn't like all that either, but the difference between them and Izzy is that they compromised with Axl, while Izzy wouldn't take part to what he didn't like; he didn't play on the Illusions epics and he didn't participate in the Don't Cry video.

I agree with what you're saying about the reunion.

I don't know if they were THAT big with Appetite. I think they were on their way to it and it was the Illusion albums, the videos and the UYI tour what finally sealed their stardom.

I consider a band big big when they've also made it to other countries that are not where they were born. I know GN'R became a huge act when they left the USA and played Wembley or Japan or Germany and then you have Southamerica. They came here in 1992 and sold out two River Plate stadium. That is big. Not many bands can do that and I don't think they would have been able to do it without the videos, the scandals, the press and the grandiosity of the UYI tour.

When they say they didn't like it, I think they were just complaining for the sake of it and because they were drunk and drugged. It is normal, sometimes, to complain about having to do things that you don't like at work but you have to do them because it is part of the job. Making videos in the 90's was expected from bands and any other artist, so if they wanted to become more relevant, they had to do it. It was an era of great videos and MTV.

What I'm trying to say is that it's easy to dream big stuff for your life, imagine fame and success, but truth is if you don't work for it, if you don't move your ass none of that will happen. It will remain in your head and that's it.

I have never understood what was so wrong with wanting to be a huge rock n' roll act :shrugs: Why do people talk shit about the videos or the tour? It makes no sense to me... why should they have lowered their expectations or amount for something smaller? What's the reasoning behind it?

Izzy didn't want to do it and that's okay; he had his reasons for it. But that shouldn't stop the rest of the band from pursuing their goals and dreams. I'm sure Slash said in his book that he wanted to be big, he wanted to make a living out of his guitar playing. It wasn't a hobby for him, it was his life... Duff too... Duff says, I think in the beginning of his first book, that when he met Axl he realized Axl was serious about this business and he liked that, because he was serious about it too. That's why the two previous members who they replaced (Tracii and Olei or whatever) acted like the band was a second thing for them. They weren't convinced of going on that little tour because they were comfortable with who they were. Slash and Duff wanted to do it, they wanted to seriously go for it and they did and that's how the band became a working unit.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think they do moderate this thread; they just come on stealth mode.

We can use the ignore button but I think what that person wrote should be taken care of because if anyone would post those things in any other thread in the main section, they'd be given a warning or something and have their posts deleted. We've seen that happening in other parts of the forum so it should apply here too.

One thing is to have someone disagreeing with our views or what we post here and different is to sign up on a board just to be nasty and insult people and the members of the band. It's clearly a case of you know what so, I expect that it is taken care of :shrugs:

I also suspect about someone wanting to have this thread locked or removed and they are trying to cause havoc here so we respond and all hell breaks loose.

11 minutes ago, Mandy123 said:

Saw this cute little review on IG earlier

"

I was literally like one person away from being in the very front row! Tyler Bryant and The Shakedown seriously rocked! I saw Zakk like getting ready on the side of the stage before he went on and he was like on his phone and I really don't know why I find it so cute when rockstars are on their phones but I do.? They did In This River and put up pictures of Dimebag and I started crying and at the end of the song Zakk said "we love you Dime" and I've also always loved that song. We waited for like a half hour for Gn'R to go on and my back was hurting like a bitch but once they went on I completely forgot about it. When they all came out it felt so unreal. Like they were so close to me and the whole time Duff kept running back and forth in the stage like he does and he was smiling at everyone and it made me so fucking happy. And Slash was absolutely mesmerizing, several times during his solos I just stood still there and stared at him bc he's seriously so amazing. Axl was amazing, his voice sounded so good and it just makes me so happy to see them together again. And Duff kept coming over to play with Slash and I may or may not have screamed Sluff at one point ? but seriously they are literally two of my favorite people, they're my heroes and seeing them live was so surreal and amazing. I feel so blessed to have been able to see them. Once when Duff came over to Slash he like smiled at him and stepped on his foot and little and Slash like giggled and smiled back and omg they're so adorable. And some guy really close to me yelled "do some AC/DC!" And Axl looked at him and smiled and said "I heard that" and Awww he's so sweet! Richard was also really cool, and he's actually way better looking than i thought he was, his eyes are gorgeous and he smiled at me a couple times. We were next to a bunch of cool people and it was so nice to have people actually know what I'm talking about instead of having to explain it. And some lady behind my mom asked my mom while I was rocking out how old I was and my mom said 16 and the lady was like "wow! She likes Gn'R??" And my mom was like "oooohh YES" and I just had the greatest time ever

So now I'm gonna need someone to find that Sluff moment and gif it :awesomeface:

That is cool :)

Too bad not many people can access front row and be able to have that kind of interaction with the band. When you get seats you miss all those cute nice things.

Seems like I missed all the 'excitement' here lol :awesomeface:

What did pinkrose post that was so toxic and controversial? I backtracked a page and saw her posts on not really liking Axl and wanting to give more credit to Izzy..but I thought that's just his/her opinion... like all of us have our own opinions....? Or there were deleted posts that I'm not aware of?

I've never used the ignore button yet here...no matter how much I disagreed with any of the posts here. Just...don't think anyone's (posts) worth wasting my hate on them rock3 hehehe...to each his/her own :shrugs:

@Andy14 anymore GIFs? :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

What did pinkrose post that was so toxic and controversial? I backtracked a page and saw her posts on not really liking Axl and wanting to give more credit to Izzy..but I thought that's just his/her opinion... like all of us have our own opinions....? Or there were deleted posts that I'm not aware of?

I've never used the ignore button yet here...no matter how much I disagreed with any of the posts here. Just...don't think anyone's (posts) worth wasting my hate on them rock3 hehehe...to each his/her own :shrugs:

One page back you'll see @Andy14 quoted him/her to reply and there you can still see the unmodified post they made. The rest was modified to avoid being warned, but it is still a bunch of aggressive comments mixed with a little pint of racism and a notable concern for having their stalker plans apparently ruined by this thread :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

16 hours ago, Pink Rose said:

The moderators admitted they don't keep up with this thread.  If they did, it would'a been shut down a long time ago.  This thread is a perfect example of why Axl is afraid to go to South America.

I do read this thread, not page for page but several times a week. I'm on vacation at the moment so apologies for not spotting the message sooner.

@Pink Rose if you find a post offensive or breaks our guidelines please report. Do not join this thread to insult or derail.

• Like 3

Anybody read the commets of dunngena on Instagram? She constantly writes on different Slash pics (those with Meegan, but from Fanaccounts), saying that she is friends with Slash and that Slash is not together with Meegan and that Meegan is a stalker and that she photoshops herself into all the pics with Slash and that the cops are after Meegan for lying, stalking, etc ... ? I mean how sick can someone be and making up that shit? What is wrong with some 'fans'? I really hope people are reporting her so that she gets kicked out of IG ...

5 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Guns N' Roses in L.A, Eddie Trunkz in L.A so..... :awesomeface:

I can imagine it: Trunk meets Axl accidentally at a hotel, he ask Axl when the interview is gonna take place, Axl has a pack of sodas and a big bag of popcorns.

"You know, Eddie, im really busy, the word is soon, anyway, bye"

Axl knocks on a door, Slash opens "Hey, Slash, Hi, Duff, let's get this party started" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, giuls said:

I can imagine it: Trunk meets Axl accidentally at a hotel, he ask Axl when the interview is gonna take place, Axl has a pack of sodas and a big bag of popcorns.

"You know, Eddie, im really busy, the word is soon, anyway, bye"

Axl knocks on a door, Slash opens "Hey, Slash, Hi, Duff, let's get this party started" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Everyone on this planet should get an interview before Eddie Trunk gets one. 

@killuridols You rang? :P

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Axl%203/021pp.jpg~original

Sorry, just been kinda busy and some family drama going on and stuff. And now I come here to see drama as well :facepalm: I agree, do not engage. It seems like he/she (more likely a he with a throw-away account pretending to be a woman if I had to guess) is just trying to start shit to get everyone else in trouble as well.

9 hours ago, cheesecake said:

What did pinkrose post that was so toxic and controversial? I backtracked a page and saw her posts on not really liking Axl and wanting to give more credit to Izzy..but I thought that's just his/her opinion... like all of us have our own opinions....? Or there were deleted posts that I'm not aware of?@Andy14

I can still see that he/she called everyone in this thread crazy stalking psychos, said that we have our tongues too far up Axl's ass, talked about this thread being shut down, made dumb remarks about South Americans,... People have had posts deleted and stuff for way less than this.

On 16.8.2016 at 6:15 AM, tiutso said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/transpositive/comments/3ahl9m/a_once_famous_person_now_understands_our_plight/

If true, good on him for still being so approachable. I can't imagine giving much of a fuck about the world had I gone through the same shit as him. 

Yeah good on him (though the mental illness remark and him not knowing what that meant kinda made me cringe). I'm not exactly Steven's biggest fan, but he does usually come across as concerned about treating everbody right and respectfully, no matter who they are. It reminds me of that interview where Steven basically called all the other guys in the band sexist, because they refused to have Vicky Hamilton as their manager. According to Steven, they didn't think a woman could do the job as well as a man and they wanted to have a male manager. Steven thought that was stupid and felt like they didn't appreciate how much Vicky had done for them... Also reminds me of the day I learned that Axl Rose knows the word "transphobic" :rolleyes:

On 15.8.2016 at 10:18 PM, killuridols said:

Thank you!

I was going to ask @Andy14 to look for the comparison because I was so sure I had seen that face before! It is that one! yeah!

We keeping winning, this "faces" comparison thing should be another exclusive pinned thread we should have here. All the work the Women's thread has produced is invaluable :heart:

Yeah, when I saw that picture I knew I had seen him make that exact same expression before in an old picture and had to make a comparison. And I agree, this thread does good work :heart: As for that Instagram post, I guess they probably stole the idea at least :rolleyes: (I posted the comparison on Tumblr as well), but they seem to have used different pictures and didn't bother to make the pictures line up and match nicely, size-wise...

@RooSaa Never heard of her, but I'm not surprised. There are so many crazies and delusional people out there (especially on Instagram, Twitter, etc) that I've mostly stopped paying attention. Meegan, Sasha and Grace especially seem to bring the crazies out in full force.

Got some more shit I want to comment on, but for now...

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/tumblr_oc0s7ldCwD1vvxc7ko1_400.gif~originalhttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/tumblr_oc0s7ldCwD1vvxc7ko2_400.gif~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/tumblr_oc0s7ldCwD1vvxc7ko3_400.gif~originalhttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Duff/tumblr_oc0s7ldCwD1vvxc7ko5_r1_400.gif~original

"We're still babies, you know?" :wub: Babies indeed.

What he's saying is pretty sad in retrospect, but Duff is just the most adorable blond ball of fluff in these gifs. I'd kinda want to pinch his cheeks or something there :lol:

Also, speaking of Duff, did everyone see the pictures of Duff and Susan at the animal shelter? They're cute. And once again I wish they'd dragged Axl along. I mean Slash and Duff constantly do nice and fun things like that, it would be good for Axl to join them and do something normal for once (and spend some quality time with his band mates at the same time) :max:

Edited by Lumikki

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl is too busy holing up in his hotel room, hiding from his crazy psycho stalker fans :P

@Lumikki Axl must have been absolutely fucking petrified when you met him :lol:

On 15.8.2016 at 10:55 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I definitely do. I can remember being quite shocked when I first listened to it, listening to the words. Its one of my favourite songs he's written, even though I don't rate the music too much.

Totally. He was shaking so hard with horror at meeting me that his hat nearly fell of his head. And that one picture I have with him where he's smiling a little? I must have imagined that. No way he'd be smiling when meeting someone from the women's thread :nervous:

Btw, now I finally understand where your username comes from. I always kind of wondered about that, because you usually don't seem too fond of Axl's Sluff and Izzy-less endeavours :P

But I agree, I like that song as well, especially the last part (the "Like the tide down on the ocean/The waves already set in motion" bit). Musically it is lacking something though, yeah. I kinda wish they'd dust that song off and let Slash and Duff get their hands on it, I think it has potential and could really be improved with a few tweeks. To be fair though, I think I remember Axl saying that Oh My God wasn't even really a finished a song, but just a demo, so maybe I'm judging it too harshly.

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@Frey, @Lumikki, @MillionsOfSpiders, thank you for the Oh My God reference. It's been a long while since I read the lyrics. Yes, it seems it's about Axl's childhood.

Btw, I read another Slash interview after Oh My God was released where he says again how intelligent Axl is and how brilliant his lyrics are.

Did Slash say that just in a general sense or was he specifically referring to Oh My God when he said that?

On 15.8.2016 at 11:55 PM, Frey said:

I agree that the lyrics are kind of shocking or rather unusual for Axl. This part has always stood out to me:

How long can you bear him
To come back and haunt you
To burn past your feelings
And cause you to suffer

Because Axl practically never references other men in his lyrics like that (except to diss them like in GITR lol). So you automatically ask yourself who "him" is. The only guys I can think of that make sense in the context of the song are his biological father or his step father, more likely the step father.

They don't give you up
Before its too late
What will you offer
In way of a healing
I'm so confused, abused, misused

This sounds like him being frustrated about his family not talking to him and him wondering if they will ever tell him what he wants to know and what he needs to move forward to "heal".

I just listened to the song again and there's also these lines:

This is better than a good compromise
I was willing to be lost in the shuffle
If only you had let me know

This is better than the last compromise
I was willing to be lost in the shadows
If only you had let me know

I wonder if he's saying here that he would have been willing to keep his mouth shut and not go public like he did if they had just talked to him and helped him fill in the missing puzzle pieces? Because that's what it sounds like to me.

I agree with all of this. That's how I would interpret these lines as well. Also I just tried to think of an example of Axl singing about another guy, and couldn't come up with anything off the top of my head lol. If all of this is true, I also think it's interesting that Axl would have been willing to let sleeping dogs lie so to speak, if his family had just been a little more accomodating. Seems like he was also kinda lashing out at them a bit for being so supremely unhelpful (not that I really blame him or anything).

On 15.8.2016 at 10:18 PM, killuridols said:

[...] All these relatives knew little pieces of this puzzle, and nobody helped me with shit. I'm angry about that. I can't sit and think about Uncle So-and-So and enjoy it much. And if you're talking with any of these people, they try to get you to just tolerate it and take things back to the way they were: "Let's not get it public." My family did everything they could, thinking they were doing what was right, to bury it all. My stepfather was just adamant that he was going to protect Mom and himself: "Your real father does not get brought up." And he was also trying to cover his own tracks for what he did.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-19920402?page=9

Yes exactly, quotes like this and other things Axl has said is what the lyrics of Oh My God strongly remind me of.

Something else I noticed, though it's a bit more far-fetched than the other things mentioned here is that Axl often talks about himself and other people he's at odds with in terms of winning and losing. That was a recurring theme when Slash and Duff were still on his enemy list :rolleyes:

Ooh, well its on with the show
Like the tide down on the ocean
The waves already set in motion
The only one in the game who's lost is you

He seems to be doing the same with his family here in the song and has done so elswhere too, though I can't remember where right now. The only thing I can think of at the moment is this quote from one of the interviews @Blackstar posted earlier, but that's not really what I meant.

MUSICIAN: When you're talking to your therapist, are you Axl or Bill?
AXL: Axl. Bill was something that got left behind long ago. I was named after my real father and that wasn't something I was a big fan of. If I'm getting in touch with the child in me then I'm dealing with Billy. But I'm Axl. That was the name of a band I had with Izzy and at one point he said, "You live, breathe, eat, sleep, walk and talk Axl. Why don't you just be Axl?" So I was like, "Good. Now I'm Axl Rose." And I won.

Completely unrelated side note, but reading that quote again just made me feel a little weepy.

Something about "Billy" and that "And I won" bit makes me feel kind of emotional. :cry: I don't think I've ever heard of anyone referring to him as Billy (only Bill, Will, William, etc.) and that he'd refer to himself that way kinda makes my heart ache. And yeah, he really did win, against all odds.

Okay, I'll stop now. My hormones must be out of whack or something today, I'll blame it on that :ph34r:

• Like 3