GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

Like @cheesecake said, Beta was Dylan's nanny. After Axl broke up with Stephanie, Beta stayed with Axl because she felt "he needed her more". 

Beta and her kids have been with him ever since, living in his house and taking care of him. Giving him all the cuddles and good night kisses he never got as a child or something (according to these creepy old Beta interviews). They were there for him when he went through some really dark times, so he probably feels grateful to them. Beta was also involved in all that Yoda bullshit, went with Axl to Sedona to see the Maynards etc.

People don't like them and think they're shady because they emotionally blackmailed Axl into making them their managers and because they absolutely suck as managers. Also for encouraging Yoda bullshit and because Axl is by now financially supporting an entire clan of Lebeises (not just Beta and her children anymore). Some people (at least in this thread lol) also think they keep him from finding an actual wife/gf and having a family of his own. Probably so that they can inherit all of Axl's money. And if that wasn't enough, they're also very unprofessional (getting into fights with fans on social media and forums) and rude to fans.

No, theres no goodniht kisses :lol:

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Like @cheesecake said, Beta was Dylan's nanny. After Axl broke up with Stephanie, Beta stayed with Axl because she felt "he needed her more". 

Beta and her kids have been with him ever since, living in his house and taking care of him. Giving him all the cuddles and good night kisses he never got as a child or something (according to these creepy old Beta interviews). They were there for him when he went through some really dark times, so he probably feels grateful to them. Beta was also involved in all that Yoda bullshit, went with Axl to Sedona to see the Maynards etc.

People don't like them and think they're shady because they emotionally blackmailed Axl into making them their managers and because they absolutely suck as managers. Also for encouraging Yoda bullshit and because Axl is by now financially supporting an entire clan of Lebeises (not just Beta and her children anymore). Some people (at least in this thread lol) also think they keep him from finding an actual wife/gf and having a family of his own. Probably so that they can inherit all of Axl's money. And if that wasn't enough, they're also very unprofessional (getting into fights with fans on social media and forums) and rude to fans.

thank you Frey.

They for sure have landed the jackpot with axl ...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

thank you Frey.

They for sure have landed the jackpot with axl ...

Yes. Beta came from Brazil alone in search of a better life for her family and left her children behind there. As soon as she could afford it, she brought her children to the US too. I get the impression she will do anything for the financial security of her family.

Which is why I'm feeling very cynical about why she went to work for Axl instead of staying with Stephanie. She probably realized Axl was a guy who was very lonely and vulnerable, but filthy rich and saw it as her big chance.

11 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I feel like she turns the saturation way up.

Yes.

Edited by Frey

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Yes. Beta came from Brazil alone in search of a better life for her family and left her children behind there. As soon as she could afford it, she brought her children to the US too. I get the impressin she will do anything for the financial security of her family.

Which is why I'm feeling very cynical about why she went to work for Axl instead of staying with Stephanie. She probably realized Axl was a guy who was very lonely and vulnerable, but filthy rich and saw it as her big chance.

She definitely achieved that ...

Axl must have a full house at home with all the children, and brothers and cousins, and whatever from Beta ...

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yes. Beta came from Brazil alone in search of a better life for her family and left her children behind there. As soon as she could afford it, she brought her children to the US too. I get the impression she will do anything for the financial security of her family.

Yes.

It's even more worrying when more than one person who has known Axl have said he doesn't really have much sense with his money, or understand it so much. The line that sticks in my head is - Axl has no concept of money. I can't remember who said it, but I'm thinking it was one of the band. Maybe Izzy or Slash. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's even more worrying when more than one person who has known Axl have said he doesn't really have much sense with his money, or understand it so much. The line that sticks in my head is - Axl has no concept of money. I can't remember who said it, but I'm thinking it was one of the band. Maybe Izzy or Slash. :unsure:

Well, Theres Duff now, He can help Axl about money

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well I dont think She can complaint if Axl let Duff manage the Band

I was reffering to the 'Let Duff help Axl with the money' ... but i think that applies for this case too. Doubt Beta would allow anyone else to manage either the band or axl. Its all lost control and lost money for her ...

1 minute ago, RooSaa said:

I was reffering to the 'Let Duff help Axl with the money' ... but i think that applies for this case too. Doubt Beta would allow anyone else to manage either the band or axl. Its all lost control and lost money for her ...

But if She argue with Axl N' fight or something, makes Axl decide to do something tht put Her at disadvantage, She could lost the money too. Back then Axl was depressed N'' All His Friends leaving the Band N' maybe like Everyone said She use tht moment to be Axl Manager.  Now Duff N' Slash are back, Axl is happy N' change, Axl could change His decision anytime. N' even tho Beta insist to become the Manager, She could work together with Duff

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

But if She argue with Axl N' fight or something, makes Axl decide to do something tht put Her at disadvantage, She could lost the money too. Back then Axl was depressed N'' All His Friends leaving the Band N' maybe like Everyone said She use tht moment to be Axl Manager.  Now Duff N' Slash are back, Axl is happy N' change, Axl could change His decision anytime. N' even tho Beta insist to become the Manager, She could work together with Duff

Not sure how much control she has over Axl and Axls life and decisions. Read something about blackmailing Axl, so if she once did that, she will probably do it again to get what she wants.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-23/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-voted-best-debut-of-the-last-30-years

16 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Not sure how much control she has over Axl and Axls life and decisions. Read something about blackmailing Axl, so if she once did that, she will probably do it again to get what she wants.

Well, I dont think She will do it twice. Cause it will be suspicious

Edited by SerenityScorp

@tiutso I have a lot of GnR pics, but I've never seen HQ versions of the ones you want unfortunately :( I only have another one from that same shoot where Slash looks completely passed out on the couch lol.

And shouldn't that thread still be around somewhere if it was from 2012? Or did it get deleted? If you know the title of the thread or something it should be easy to find.

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tracii-guns-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-i-think-its-the-greatest-thing-there-could-be-for-rock-and-roll-right-now/

He continued, "I haven't spoken to Axl since 1988, but we still have a lot of mutual friends. I don't wish him ill, but it's hard because he never stops saying bad things about me. He was on my MySpace page doing that very recently.

I dunno if this is true or not 

So in 2007 Axl used to have a MySpace account and apparently used it to harrass Tracii Guns.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I don't even know what to say to this. Just... Axl  :facepalm::facepalm::lol::rofl-lol:

And it's even more proof of something we already knew: That Axl spends a lot of time on the internet :rolleyes: (Not that I have any room to judge lol).

Why have I never heard this hilarious story before lol.

11 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Lumikki You can skip those part, You have to read it, its awesome fic

Maybe I will pick it up again some time. Though I suspect that would rip my heart out with the direction this story seems to be heading in.

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

Crazy but do you think is it true? I'd love to see pictures of that.... Because it reminded me of something and I became :suspicious:

Vicky had organized a meeting to sign the long-awaited contract with several record executives at Geffen in March 1986. But on the day Axl lost his contact lenses and refused to go. He flew into a rage thinking someone had stolen his contact lenses, refused to go to the meeting and stormed out of the house telling the others to 'go without him'.

Vicky recalled: 'All I wanted to do was get down there and sign the contract and the clock in my mind was going tick tock and it's getting later and later. I'm just thinking "Don't blow it, let's get the money". 'In my mind I was thinking: "Please God just let me get my apartment back to myself." 'What was going through Axl's head was "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?"

'Then we eventually found him sitting on top of the Whisky A Go Go, in an easy pose looking over the city where he would become the new reigning king.' Axl had climbed up to the roof via a fire escape.

Eventually he was persuaded to come down after Slash told him his contacts had been found - in his pants.

Well, I wouldn't put anything past Axl, so I could see it being true. And as your quote shows, he apparently loves to climb around on roofs :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that quote by the way. I've always been curious about that incident. Because it's one of these baffling Axl things where you just ask yourself "Why is him not finding his contact lenses such a big deal? Why does he freak out like that just because he can't find them and makes everyone late for such an important event?" I mean people constantly lose things, annoying yes, but no reason to be such a drama queen about it.

If what Vicky says is true, that Axl was thinking something along the lines of "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?" (first time I've heard that), then well... that's some really fucking paranoid thinking right there. :scared: Makes him seem pretty cray-cray. I mean, what's more likely, you just having misplaced your contacts somewhere or someone among your friends having made an evil plan to steal them so you can't read what the company (that they're apparently conspiring with) makes you sign. Jeeeez. (And what was keeping him from just wearing his glasses anyway? Or having someone else read the contract for him? No wait, probably not trustworthy enough...)

Side Note: Does that mean Axl is far-sighted? Because reading a contract shouldn't be a problem if he's near-sighted.

Also LOL at the mental image of Slash going through Axl's dirty clothes in search of the contact lenses. :lol:  (Because it was Slash who found the contact lenses in the pockets of some pants Axl had worn 2 days ago or so.)

16 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

This was at that Storage space on Gardner. They had no PA system for Axl, so they'd scream in each other's ears during rehearsal to get things across. Both Duff and Slash said in their books that normally they couldn't hear Axl singing during rehearsals, so sometimes they'd hear songs for the 1st time with the lyrics on stage. 

Ah, thanks. That's what I suspected, but I've always found that picture interesting because Axl looks so fucked up and exhausted and Duff looks pretty angry while screaming there lol.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

And shouldn't that thread still be around somewhere if it was from 2012? Or did it get deleted? If you know the title of the thread or something it should be easy to find.

No, that's the point. It got deleted quite soon after being opened up, and the only reason I found out about it was because the OP created another to complain about that first one being deleted :lol:

17 hours ago, Lumikki said:

When I was 14 or so, I basically learned English from reading Izzy/Axl and Slaxl (and also some Sluff) fan fiction. I'm not even joking

lmao