GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

13 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

For @RooSaa  I'm going to give another interpretation of Beta other than the one which seems to be popular here. first, I don't think she "blackmailed" Axl, the No More Managers or I quit comment came from the exasperation they were all feeling with the multitude of managers who came and went who didn't care what Axl wanted, but whose only agenda was a reunion when axl wasn't ready for it. She saw him get used and disappointed again and again and was fed up. And yes, I think she would do anything for her family..and guess what..Axl is family. To say that the Lebais' don't care for him just because he employs them is extremely callous towards axl imo...there are lots and lots and lots of family businesses in the world, are all those sons and daughters and brothers and sisters leeches too? Just to be clear, he is not paying them to be his family, they are his family whom he employs. Just because it is not the conventional type of family does not mean it is any less valid..they chose each other. I think a lot of people who are critical of this are probably sitting cozy with loving parents, a spouse nearby and children playing in the background..or if not, at least young enough where the possibility for this still exists..Axl never found this..to judge him for having these people in his life, or for wanting them to be out of his life, seems cruel and self indulgent. Everyone deserves a family right? And family does not necessarily mean blood ties. He finally has a house full of children, and people who he cares about who he can provide for..this is what he has always wanted. Just because it doesn't fit someone else's view shouldn't negate it. He is a grown man who can make his own decisions, he has decided he loves these people, he is happy, lets let them all be.

out of likes, thank you :)

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

For @RooSaa  I'm going to give another interpretation of Beta other than the one which seems to be popular here. first, I don't think she "blackmailed" Axl, the No More Managers or I quit comment came from the exasperation they were all feeling with the multitude of managers who came and went who didn't care what Axl wanted, but whose only agenda was a reunion when axl wasn't ready for it. She saw him get used and disappointed again and again and was fed up. And yes, I think she would do anything for her family..and guess what..Axl is family. To say that the Lebais' don't care for him just because he employs them is extremely callous towards axl imo...there are lots and lots and lots of family businesses in the world, are all those sons and daughters and brothers and sisters leeches too? Just to be clear, he is not paying them to be his family, they are his family whom he employs. Just because it is not the conventional type of family does not mean it is any less valid..they chose each other. I think a lot of people who are critical of this are probably sitting cozy with loving parents, a spouse nearby and children playing in the background..or if not, at least young enough where the possibility for this still exists..Axl never found this..to judge him for having these people in his life, or for wanting them to be out of his life, seems cruel and self indulgent. Everyone deserves a family right? And family does not necessarily mean blood ties. He finally has a house full of children, and people who he cares about who he can provide for..this is what he has always wanted. Just because it doesn't fit someone else's view shouldn't negate it. He is a grown man who can make his own decisions, he has decided he loves these people, he is happy, lets let them all be.

Well, okay, let's accept for the discussion's sake that Beta come with "No more managers or i quit" from a selfless place, it's still NOT a cool thing to do, when a person you're close too is struggling with negative feelings and exasperation how can you REALLY help ease that if you say "Do as i say or i'm leaving you without my support" how would you react? Wouldn't you be full of panic and fear that the person that you love is gonna abandon you?  this isn't a healthy way to help someone dealing with his feelings, even more so when Beta was Dylan's nanny, not an expert of music business, it would be like me giving an ultimatum to a surgeon about his job, i know nothing about surgeries!

So yes, Axl decided to give everything to this family but i can form an opinion about them, it's not like Axl is gonna care that much about my opinion and he's gonna change because of me.

22 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Fuck you Slash/I love you too is from this concert, starts at 1:53:31. Unfortunately there is a cut inbetween, can't see the talk but they seem to have argued about something?

He didn't seems angry? Axl was smiling, now it seems more friendly ribbing "in context"

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Fuck you Slash/I love you too is from this concert, starts at 1:53:31. Unfortunately there is a cut inbetween, can't see the talk but they seem to have argued about something?

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They played OWB as an intro to KHOD at shows beforehand that one, so who knows what Slash did. I bet Slash doesn't even know what Slash did :lol:

Good work, CSI Team! :lol:

So we can dismiss the theory that Axl got upset about the song.

I guess the key question is what "little dedication" Axl was referring too.

Anyone know if Slash said something beforehand and what? Like @RooSaa said, they obviously cut something out of the video there.

And yeah, Slash probably didn't know either. The way he whips his head around at Axl's "Fuck you" speaks of shock and fear of potential Axl drama to come :lol:

11 minutes ago, giuls said:

Well, okay, let's accept for the discussion's sake that Beta come with "No more managers or i quit" from a selfless place, it's still NOT a cool thing to do, when a person you're close too is struggling with negative feelings and exasperation how can you REALLY help ease that if you say "Do as i say or i'm leaving you without my support" how would you react? Wouldn't you be full of panic and fear that the person that you love is gonna abandon you?  this isn't a healthy way to help someone dealing with his feelings, even more so when Beta was Dylan's nanny, not an expert of music business, it would be like me giving an ultimatum to a surgeon about his job, i know nothing about surgeries!

So yes, Axl decided to give everything to this family but i can form an opinion about them, it's not like Axl is gonna care that much about my opinion and he's gonna change because of me.

He didn't seems angry? Axl was smiling, now it seems more friendly ribbing "in context"

Agreed about Beta, it's a shitty thing do no matter how you choose to look at it. Especially to someone who's kinda vulnerable in that regard.

I don't see Axl smiling, but I could see this as friendly ribbing. But I find it really hard to tell from Axl's tone of voice if he's actually annoyed or just ribbing Slash about something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

Good work, CSI Team! :lol:

So we can dismiss the theory that Axl got upset about the song.

I guess the key question is what "little dedication" Axl was referring too.

Anyone know if Slash said something beforehand and what? Like @RooSaa said, they obviously cut something out of the video there.

And yeah, Slash probably didn't know either. The way he whips his head around at Axl's "Fuck you" speaks of shock and fear of potential Axl drama to come :lol:

Agreed about Beta, it's a shitty thing do no matter how you choose to look at it. Especially to someone who's kinda vulnerable in that regard.

I don't see Axl smiling, but I could see this as friendly ribbing. But I find it really hard to tell from Axl's tone of voice if he's actually annoyed or just ribbing Slash about something.

The key to solve our case is in the cut-out piece. Unfortunately that is the only recording i could find ... Slash probably dedicated the song to someone?

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

i was talking about this, granted it is blurred as hell but it seems a smile to me, plus, his body language seems relaxed when you're arguing with someone your body is tense usually

Cattura di schermata (14).png

37 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Thought you might care, those of you who aren't on Tumblr. It's from a thread discussing that pic of Axl and a statue from few pages back. Безымянный.jpg

:wow:

Now this is interesting

Im curious who's tht Girl tht She talking bout

N' I really want to see the rest of the pics

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, RooSaa said:

That moment has been the bane of my existence since I got into GNR. I'd watched the concert before, but I'd forgotten which one it was, so thanks for posting it.

Now as for why or if Axl's pissed... Either they'd had a fight before the show and Slash was apologizing in his way (that we don't really get), or Axl was being delusional and hearing things that were not there. Those are the only explanations that seem plausible to me, at least.

10 minutes ago, nonok said:

That moment has been the bane of my existence since I got into GNR. I'd watched the concert before, but I'd forgotten which one it was, so thanks for posting it.

Now as for why or if Axl's pissed... Either they'd had a fight before the show and Slash was apologizing in his way (that we don't really get), or Axl was being delusional and hearing things that were not there. Those are the only explanations that seem plausible to me, at least.

No, I think RooSaa is right and the key to this lies in the cut piece of the video.

Here's what I think happened:

During the missing piece of the video Slash said something to the audience, making a dedication to someone or something. 

Axl didn't really get it at first, but then when Slash started playing, it hit Axl what Slash had just said and Axl was either genuinely annoyed/pissed off by it or... fondly annoyed, in an exasperated or amused kind of way.

3 hours ago, tiutso said:

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

Yes. With some types of mental illness, people do feel there's a conspiracy against them and that anything that goes wrong is a deliberate personal affront. They tend to blow small events out of proportion, overthink them and think that everyone's out to get them. If the store's out of apples and they wanted those, it's deliberate. If someone forgets to call them back, they have some sort of ulterior motive.

I remember reading that one of the DV incidents with Erin happened when Axl stubbed his toe, and somehow thought Erin had made him do that, or something along those lines...it was in the People article with Erin.

19 minutes ago, Frey said:

No, I think RooSaa is right and the key to this lies in the cut piece of the video.

During the missing piece of the video Slash said something to the audience, making a dedication to someone or something. 

Axl didn't really get it at first, but then when Slash started playing, it hit Axl what Slash had just said and Axl was either genuinely annoyed/pissed off by it or... fondly annoyed, in an exasperated or amused kind of way.

Yeah, this is what I make out from the video too. I think Axl was really pissed off, judging from his reaction when Duff sat by him; he immediately got up and it seems like he looked at Duff angrily. Then, when Axl was off stage, Duff went to Slash and told him something (maybe consoling him?). And when Axl came back, he didn't interact with anyone.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

If what Vicky says is true, that Axl was thinking something along the lines of "Who took my contact lenses so I can't read the contract?" (first time I've heard that), then well... that's some really fucking paranoid thinking right there. :scared:Makes him seem pretty cray-cray. I mean, what's more likely, you just having misplaced your contacts somewhere or someone among your friends having made an evil plan to steal them so you can't read what the company (that they're apparently conspiring with) makes you sign. Jeeeez. (And what was keeping him from just wearing his glasses anyway? Or having someone else read the contract for him? No wait, probably not trustworthy enough...)

I am like him :unsure:

I'm always assuming people are out to get me :unsure:

Eh, I don't think there's a calm and rational thought process at play? Mood swings that have to do with mental illness (if we're theorizing there's one involved) don't really need a reasonable trigger. Even if you deal with less intense issues than a biporal disorder, like a generalized depression, some rather innocent incidents can instantly send you down an uncontrollable spiral of self-disgust towards suicidal ideation or somethig alike. You're not gonna just sit them down and say, "Come on, no reason to be paranoid".

:unsure:

3 hours ago, Frey said:

It is. (And yes, I watched that video, don't look at me like that :lol:)

This is what Axl says:

"Fuck you, Slash!"

"I know what that little dedication is about."

"I love you too." (Axl was being sarcastic, because Slash had done something to piss him off.)

I'm actually curious about that little incident. Wth is going on there? What did Slash do to piss Axl off? (And what show is that from?)

Please explain this to me, oh wise ladies of the womens' thread :D

(The end of that video if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about)

Never seen that part. I am curious about it too.

Maybe it was something that happened backstage? What is the dedication?

Also, have you guys noticed how Axl is sitting on the stairs to the drum, then Duff gets close to him, sits next to him and Axl stands up and leaves, like dismissing Duff.

He gets into his tent backtage, all pissed off.

Why is Duff mistreated as well?

Definitely Axl was throwing a tantrum onstage but how to find out what happened? :shrugs:

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I agree with this completely. I don't think Axl would be here today if it were not for TB and Del James; they helped him get through what appears to have been a very dark period in his life in which a lot of people were taken from him by either death or misunderstandings.

It's a very good point that there are plenty of family businesses out there, where everyone works together. And Axl has had a history of trying to help friends and family as much as possible - it's not as though TB coerced him into doing something he didn't do before, all the time. He's employed his siblings, and Del, and various other friends from Indiana, and the bands that open for GnR seem very carefully chosen; he's said in the past that they offered support slots to certain bands to help them.

I don't necessarily think that every single one of the decisions TB has made have been entirely good for Axl, but it's a very salient point that everyone else wanted a reunion and was pushing at Axl to do that. Some of Axl's other managers seemed to screw him over and didn't seem to have his best interests at heart - the lawsuit that Slash and Duff were involved in, where they didn't get their royalties, was a result of Axl's manager, not Axl, but it reflected back on him.

And I also agree that many of those who mock the family Axl has built might not be able to conceive of the situation he's been in. The guy has finally, FINALLY found a family he trusts and loves. He didn't have it before, other than his siblings, and that's nothing to laugh about. Sometimes when our blood family is hurtful and toxic, we do find another one.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, stella said:

And Axl has had a history of trying to help friends and family as much as possible - it's not as though TB coerced him into doing something he didn't do before, all the time. He's employed his siblings, and Del, and various other friends from Indiana, and the bands that open for GnR seem very carefully chosen; he's said in the past that they offered support slots to certain bands to help them.

Just because he did that before it doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Were those people qualified for the job?

Some of the jobs he found for his friends were not big deal, but band management is a big deal and I don't think the Lebeis were qualified for that; hence the disaster of CD in the making for 13 years and reunion not having taken place before.

Most managers who wanted the reunion must be laughing their ass off right now because in the end, what they advised back then it was the right thing to do.

What TB was supporting it was not accepted by the audience and it failed.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, this is what I make out from the video too. I think Axl was really pissed off, judging from his reaction when Duff sat by him; he immediately got up and it seems like he looked at Duff angrily. Then, when Axl was off stage, Duff went to Slash and told him something (maybe consoling him?). And when Axl came back, he didn't interact with anyone.

Axl looks like a very mean girl at that moment, like those spoiled brats from middle school. Whatever happened he was really pissed off.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Just because he did that before it doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Were those people qualified for the job?

Some of the jobs he found for his friends were not big deal, but band management is a big deal and I don't think the Lebeis were qualified for that; hence the disaster of CD in the making for 13 years and reunion not having taken place before.

Most managers who wanted the reunion must be laughing their ass off right now because in the end, what they advised back then it was the right thing to do.

For the most part, it seems that they were. Del was a writer; Axl gave him interviews. His siblings knew him well and he trusted them; Axl made them personal assistants (which isn't a business thing; it's making sure the artists is comfortable). The bands that he invited to open for GnR and supported in the old days, like Skid Row and Blind Melon, did well. The ones who have supported GnR on this tour, like The Cult and Lenny Kravitz, still have strong followings. He's not completely silly about this.

I don't think Axl's GnR failed. They were able to tour with that band for quite a long time, and they did have success in a lot of large venues. I went to several shows during the NuGNR era. They were all sold out or very close to it. Were they able to sustain stadiums? No, but most bands aren't, and they certainly filled a lot of large venues, like the Forum in LA. They had two successful residencies. I wouldn't call it a failure at all.

As for the reunion, I think it needed to happen in its own time when everyone, including Axl, was receptive to it - not as a result of people being desperate for money or being forced by managers. A reunion of the Big Three was the right thing right now. It wasn't the right thing for Axl ten or five years ago. I don't think there's anything that ANY manager could have done to press Axl or the others into doing this before they were all in the right headspace for it.

Edited by stella

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah I could see that.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yep. TB were the worst management ever and they fed Axl's hatred of and delusions about Slash and the other guys. Tried to keep Duff away from Axl, etc. And now they act as if they always just loved Slash and the old guys and everything. I still laugh every time I see Beta or Fernando sucking up to Slash now.

• Like 2

Damn, even that complaint topic is a wild read :lol: I find myself agreeing with the people who are pissed about the topic being locked, but I also remember the original poster of that topic, and I remember him as a huge t.r.o.l.l. (Why the fuck does the board censor the word t.r.o.l.l. with "Hooray for tolerance"?! It made me look like I used a homophobic slur in that context :max:)

And if his entire basis for claiming Axl was sexually attracted to Slash was the way Axl dresses... Let's just say he might get along really well with Alan Niven then. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Andy14 said:

I'm suspicious that he's one of us :ph34r:. We need to find out :max:. Any tips?

Lol, I really hope that he's never seen this thread, for his own good :nervous:

Axl has a very distinctive writing style. I haven't noticed anyone on this forum writing in a similar way, so I'm not supecting any particular posters here lol. But he could still be a lurker :ph34r:

And yes, I agree with you, I hope he never sees it either. He might not realize that we actually love him very much, despite all our shit-talking here :nervous:

43 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I am like him :unsure:

I'm always assuming people are out to get me :unsure:

The sad thing is, I am too in some regards. I wouldn't jump to the same conclusion as him about the contact lenses, but I'm like that about other stuff. Part of me always gets freaked out about people secretely hating me and only pretending to like me. Or when people don't reply to text messages on the phone I worry about them ignoring me for some sinister reason. I also constantly worry about people (as in relatives, neighbors, etc.) talking badly about me behind my back. Shit like this keeps me from sleeping at night.

This is also why I've never criticised Axl about being too senistive about what other people say and the whole media/press problem. Because I'm exactly the same and would get just as upset as Axl about people talking shit behind my back or in the media. :unsure:

2 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Thank you for posting that @RooSaa! Wish there was an uncut version :max:

@Mandy123 There's a nice Sluff moment in this when Slash starts playing KOHD (around 1:55:55). I love how Duff just walks up to Slash and cuddles him. He seemed to do that quite often judging by all these videos and gifs of him doing something like that. :wub:

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:
1 hour ago, Frey said:

This is a really good point @Blackstar!!!

I had noticed Axl immediately getting away from Duff, and I had noticed Duff cuddling Slash after Axl's little tantrum, but I somehow hadn't put it together with Axl's behavior :facepalm:

And yes, it does look like Duff was comforting Slash. He hugged him and probably also said something to him.

This is getting more and more interesting :wow:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Axl has a very distinctive writing style. I haven't noticed anyone on this forum writing in similar way, so I'm not supecting any particulars posters here lol. But he could still be a lurker :ph34r:

And yes, I agree with you, I hope he never sees it either. He might not realize that we actually love him very much, despite all our shit-talking here :nervous:

I agree with this. I'd actually be very surprised if there weren't several people from the band lurking here, under names we'd never suspect...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I had noticed Axl immediately getting away from Duff, and I had noticed Duff cuddling Slash after Axl's little tantrum, but I somehow hadn't put it together with Axl's behavior :facepalm:

And yes, it does look like Duff was comforting Slash. He hugged him and probably also said something to him.

This is getting more and more interesting :wow:

I'm gonna think it was a lover spat, Duff knows Slash doesn't react well at Axl's crazy 

shhhh, don't shatter my fantasy :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

10 minutes ago, stella said:

For the most part, it seems that they were. Del was a writer; Axl gave him interviews. His siblings knew him well and he trusted them; Axl made them personal assistants (which isn't a business thing; it's making sure the artists is comfortable). The bands that he invited to open for GnR and supported in the old days, like Skid Row and Blind Melon, did well. The ones who have supported GnR on this tour, like The Cult and Lenny Kravitz, still have strong followings. He's not completely silly about this.

I don't think Axl's GnR failed. They were able to tour with that band for quite a long time, and they did have success in a lot of large venues. I went to several shows during the NuGNR era. They were all sold out or very close to it. Were they able to sustain stadiums? No, but most bands aren't, and they certainly filled a lot of large venues, like the Forum in LA. They had two successful residencies. I wouldn't call it a failure at all.

As for the reunion, I think it needed to happen in its own time when everyone, including Axl, was receptive to it - not as a result of people being desperate for money or being forced by managers. A reunion of the Big Three was the right thing right now. It wasn't the right thing for Axl ten or five years ago. I don't think there's anything that ANY manager could have done to press Axl or the others into doing this before they were all in the right headspace for it.

Del was a motorcyclist or some thing like that. He doesn't have great writting skills to be honest. His interviews, mostly with Axl, were good because he knew Axl and was his friend. The real challenge for a journalist or interviewer is when that person is not your friend and you have to do a lot of work to get their trust and the best of that person to show on the interview. Del wrote only one book. What did he do for the rest of the time? :shrugs:

Amy and Stuart didn't last for long in their so-called jobs. Who was Axl's real assistant back in the day? Craig Duswalt. Amy and Stuart did nothing else but organize parties, which even my grandma can do well, and after that they disappeared from the picture. Obviously, this is due to the useless use their "jobs" had and how much of actually a waste of money they were.

The opening bands are a different thing. They were actually talented people and would have made their way to success with or without GN'R.

Axl's GN'R did fail because he wasn't able to keep a steady lineup and release the amount of albums that would have settled that lineup as a serious and important project. They were able to tour and fill venues because most of the setlist was based on AFD and the Illusion albums and because Axl is always an attraction. But Axl worn out the touring, supporting in 2014 an album that was released 6 years before :facepalm:

Reunion could have happened before if Axl had addressed his issues sooner than later. Solving the problems with Slash and Duff and even Izzy was always the right thing for all of them, but the hatred, resentment and legal battles was what kept them wasting time and energy in negative things.

Glad they finally understood and realized about it before they were too old.

• Like 1