GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, giuls said:
5 hours ago, tiutso said:

@giuls d'you know @stateomaine on rockfic? I realized it was her loft fic that I read :lol:

Yes! That's the one i was referring too, it is basically the only one dealing with the "logistic" of them sharing the bed and it's a damn shame because it's the perfect excuse :lol: Axl-the-wife is great :rofl-lol:

4 hours ago, tiutso said:

Axl, a "ghost, stitched together with neuroticism and fear instead of bone and sinew", is such a great description, too :lol:

Okay, thanks to you two talking about it, I just went and read that story and omg, thanks for bringing this to my attention! :wub: I'm really picky about my reading, but I loved that one. I already cracked up at this part:

"They had gotten into a sort of routine where in the morning, after everyone had left or passed out or been arrested or whatever, they would both climb into the loft bed that Izzy and Steven made them. Ostensibly they did this with the intention of going to sleep, but Slash figured there must have been some miscommunication, because Axl never went to sleep. He lay on his back in the dim light and rambled incoherently about the band and some slut he fucked and his childhood in Indiana, and all the assholes he’d known there. If his accounts were true, it appeared that most of the people Axl had ever known were assholes."

Everything about this is amusing to me and it also sounds very plausible and in-character. I also liked the detail about Slash having dreams about Axl's past. The ending was lovely too, in a heart-wrenching kind of way.

I also read her other story (The Cost of Jaywalking) and realized I actually read that one years ago, but never checked out her other works, so never saw the loft bed story. :facepalm:  Anyway, that one is good as well. I've always wondered about how Axl managed to come up with the bail money to get Slash out of jail. Hope he had an easier time scrounging up the money in real life than in this story.

Also, since we're talking about fan fiction- @SerenityScorp !!! You!!! I continued (and finished) reading "Dear Izzy" because you told me to and now you owe me at least 5 bottles of water! I cried buckets. No scratch that, I cried entire oceans! I felt all dehydrated after reading that! The disturbingly graphic childhood flashbacks stopped, yes, but then it became horrible in an entirely different way! Omg :scared::scared::scared: The last chapter nearly killed me. The girl who wrote this is a seriously talented writer, but rarely has anything I've read ever left me so shaken.

(Side note: Because of that story I googled if Izzy's mom is really named Sonja because that seemed like a pretty unusual name for a US American woman to me, and came across this. Apparently some people have researched Izzy's family tree. I know we have some people here who are interested in genealogy and stuff like that, so I thought I'd leave this here:

http://ethnicelebs.com/izzy-stradlin )

58 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Reunion may mean a lot more money but it also means lose of control on their part. Having Slash, Duff and hypothetically the rest of the original bandmembers back in is a bigger risk than anything else.
With nuGNR they would hire and fire any musician they wanted. Those musicians don't have a saying with the band at all. There's no risk of losing power with a DJ Ashba or a Bumblefoot.

Slash and Duff are different. They wrote most of GN'R catalogue and were always partners with Axl. Their influence and power over the band's future is a risk for TB managing GN'R.

I think from the TOUR BOOK scanned pages, the last page, gives an idea of how the partnership and management is distributed now. Looks like they are all going individually, with their own managers. You can read a Team Slash list and a Team Duff list.

As for the last statement, just because someone is family, that doesn't give them the right to manipulate and abuse another member of the family.

Axl can't be eternally thanking them for what they did whenever they helped him. Never forget that help started under employment contract, not like a mother or brother, selflessly, would help a son.

They've got help from Axl too. Probably he changed their lives, took them out of misery and gave them a lifestyle none of them EVER dreamed of back in Brazil.

This is a two-ways street, in my opinion.

I agree. I've thought about this issue before (because the real money being in the reunion is a good argument), but I think loss of control might have been a bigger fear for them. And considering they lived pretty well (quite luxuriously actually, like @MillionsOfSpiders mentioned earlier) off of Axl's money even during the NuGnR years, why risk that for even more money?

I also think this was a bigger issue in the earlier years of their relationship with Axl. Back in the 90s or early 2000s they might have feared Slash or Duff's influence more than they do now. They hadn't been gone out of Axl's life for long then and TB's position in Axl's life in turn probably wasn't as stable back then as it is now, they most likely weren't quite so enmeshed and involved in Axl's life yet.

By now I think they feel pretty safe, though I think they still weren't exactly thrilled about the reunion. But they had no choice. After they couldn't stop Duff from getting to Axl and Axl and Duff then started re-building their friendship, it was basically out of their hands. So now they suck up to Slash, Duff and their families to stay in everybody's good graces.

Also lol @killuridols Welcome to the "Brett Buchanan wrote an article about me"- club :rolleyes::facepalm:  Unfortunately I can tell you from experience that it is a pretty sucky club. God I hate that guy.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Also, since we're talking about fan fiction- @SerenityScorp !!! You!!! I continued (and finished) reading "Dear Izzy" because you told me to and now you owe me at least 5 bottles of water! I cried buckets. No scratch that, I cried entire oceans! I felt all dehydrated after reading that! The disturbingly graphic childhood flashbacks stopped, yes, but then it became horrible in an entirely different way! Omg :scared::scared::scared: The last chapter nearly killed me. The girl who wrote this is a seriously talented writer, but rarely has anything I've read ever left me so shaken.

(Side note: Because of that story I googled if Izzy's mom is really named Sonja because that seemed like a pretty unusual name for a US American woman to me, and came across this. Apparently some people have researched Izzy's family tree. I know we have some people here who are interested in genealogy and stuff like that, so I thought I'd leave this here:

http://ethnicelebs.com/izzy-stradlin )

The very first comment under that article is

"Izzy and Brad Pitt are related: Izzy’s sixth-grandfather Henry Pendleton Isbell II/Jr. and Brad’s ancestor Benjamin Isbell were brothers. wow"

Make of that what you will, girls :lol:

Seriously though that's quite an interesting family tree Izzy's got there. I'm jealous his ancestors can be traced back so far.

That site has info for all the other guys as well. Quite interesting.

And I could have told you Izzy's mom was named Sonja. I remember seeing Izzy's parents referred to as Sonny and Dick somewhere. Somehow that stuck in my brain, probably because it reminded me of Sonny and Cher or something :lol:

Edited by Frey

20 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

Some tropical wave blah blah blah. It keeps getting downgraded tho so probably just be a lot of rain. I hope it clears up by Tuesday or I'm gonna have to swim to Axl. ;p

At least it's an Arena. They're going to sound so good in an Arena. I've seen the stage they've got set up, and they still have those huge speakers (whatever they are lol) on the side of the stage. Wow, they're going to be loud!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

At least it's an Arena. They're going to sound so good in an Arena. I've seen the stage they've got set up, and they still have those huge speakers (whatever they are lol) on the side of the stage. Wow, they're going to be loud!!! 

I actually infinitely less stressed about this than I was for GnR show because it's local and indoors and I've been there for other concerts and hockey games. Eeeeeeeee getting excited! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Reunion may mean a lot more money but it also means lose of control on their part. Having Slash, Duff and hypothetically the rest of the original bandmembers back in is a bigger risk than anything else.
With nuGNR they would hire and fire any musician they wanted. Those musicians don't have a saying with the band at all. There's no risk of losing power with a DJ Ashba or a Bumblefoot.

Slash and Duff are different. They wrote most of GN'R catalogue and were always partners with Axl. Their influence and power over the band's future is a risk for TB managing GN'R.

I think from the TOUR BOOK scanned pages, the last page, gives an idea of how the partnership and management is distributed now. Looks like they are all going individually, with their own managers. You can read a Team Slash list and a Team Duff list.

As for the last statement, just because someone is family, that doesn't give them the right to manipulate and abuse another member of the family.

Axl can't be eternally thanking them for what they did whenever they helped him. Never forget that help started under employment contract, not like a mother or brother, selflessly, would help a son.

They've got help from Axl too. Probably he changed their lives, took them out of misery and gave them a lifestyle none of them EVER dreamed of back in Brazil.

This is a two-ways street, in my opinion.

Axl has been around others who are outside of TB's influence - Marc Canter, Izzy, Sebastian Bach, his siblings, Duff, etc. - all along though various points. Axl was working with Slash and Duff during some of TB's employment in the 90s before they bailed, and there was no "loss of control" there. And yes, while TB can no longer independently manage GnR, they never did have control over the catalogue, etc. That's always been jointly The Big Three, so TB has had to work with Slash and Duff (or their representatives) all along, too.

Saying that TB is abusing him is a real stretch, IMHO. We don't know anything of the sort.

And yes, I'm sure working for Axl HAS helped TB in ways they could have never dreamt of, but let's not forget that Fernando, etc. were not adults when this all started. They were kids, not adults who nefariously plotted this. They've spent many years growing up around Axl, they were NOT under an employment contract when they were kids, and for them, it probably IS like the "family business," just as kids in other families go to work at their parents' restaurant or store.

Are they paid? Sure. Do some employees become family, even if they're still employed? IMHO, yes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They probably need them to get to the after party with all those models on the rooftop, where they were so tired they stayed up there till 5am :lol: 

...where they were likely sitting down for a majority of the time.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I put this in the AXL/DC forum, but in case some of you don't go in there... Looks like they got him a personalised mic stand :) 

image.jpeg

Awwww ain't that sweet of them....?  Gramps' really pampering and spoiling our dear Axl..and Slash is gonna be reallll jelly lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nice....the louder the better! Yeah! :headbang:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

:rofl-lol::rolleyes:

Her fics are good arent? I love angst Fic N' She is the best writer in the rockfic so far.

Still not reading the last chapter*Chpter10*, gonna read tht

if @killuridols read tht *I dunno if She likes fic or not* She probably will cry too :rolleyes:

Edited by SerenityScorp

4 hours ago, stella said:

Axl has been around others who are outside of TB's influence - Marc Canter, Izzy, Sebastian Bach, his siblings, Duff, etc. - all along though various points. Axl was working with Slash and Duff during some of TB's employment in the 90s before they bailed, and there was no "loss of control" there. And yes, while TB can no longer independently manage GnR, they never did have control over the catalogue, etc. That's always been jointly The Big Three, so TB has had to work with Slash and Duff (or their representatives) all along, too.

Saying that TB is abusing him is a real stretch, IMHO. We don't know anything of the sort.

And yes, I'm sure working for Axl HAS helped TB in ways they could have never dreamt of, but let's not forget that Fernando, etc. were not adults when this all started. They were kids, not adults who nefariously plotted this. They've spent many years growing up around Axl, they were NOT under an employment contract when they were kids, and for them, it probably IS like the "family business," just as kids in other families go to work at their parents' restaurant or store.

Are they paid? Sure. Do some employees become family, even if they're still employed? IMHO, yes.

What does Canter, Izzy, Baz and siblings have to do with anything? I dont get that part :shrugs:

TB gained real control after all original members and replacements from the 90s were gone. They thought building nuGNR would be a masterplan to replace the old band and that CD would override AFD and the Illusions :lol:

I didn't say TB are abusing him; that was my response to something you said like since they are his adopted family and were there when no one else was, they are entitled to do whatever the heck they want.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Her fics are good arent? I love angst Fic N' She is the best writer in the rockfic so far.

if @killuridols read tht *I dunno if She likes fic or not* She probably will cry too :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you two are talking about :lol:

but here's something for you..... little dog.......

Who's that, huh?

Never seen this one before either...

And....

Have you ever made this association??

axl_erin_kids 02.jpg

with...

chal rojo.jpg

Axl's wearing Erin's jacket or is Erin wearing Axl's jacket??

:heart:

• Like 1

@killuridols I'm talking about "Dear Izzy" Fanfiction on Rockfic, angst story about Axl

Ive ever seen all the pics except the first one, Axtually the first I see tht pic isnt the Girl but Axl, is He not wear pants or what?! :wow:

Its probably Erin's jacket judging tht jacket looks small on Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What does Canter, Izzy, Baz and siblings have to do with anything? I dont get that part :shrugs:

TB gained real control after all original members and replacements from the 90s were gone. They thought building nuGNR would be a masterplan to replace the old band and that CD would override AFD and the Illusions :lol:

I didn't say TB are abusing him; that was my response to something you said like since they are his adopted family and were there when no one else was, they are entitled to do whatever the heck they want.

What they have to do is that if TB wanted to keep Slash, Duff and the other originals away because their influence might slip - because those people might talk to Axl or get him to wake up or whatever - why wouldn't they be equally worried about what others on the "outside" might say? In addition they actually facilitated Izzy's involvement with NuGNR - one of the originals -  going as far as to pay him to play, behind Axl's back. They cooperated just fine when Duff was with NuGnR. Aside from that first incident where they tried to stop Duff at the hotel, there's never been a peep that they've tried to stop him from interacting or playing w/Axl.

I don't think TB had any such master plan; I think they simply were supporting what Axl wanted to do at that time. They never said that anything NuGNR did would blow AfD or UYI away. Axl did want to explore a different type of music than he was playing with GnR - and a different type than what Slash and Duff were playing with VR.

And I never said that TB were entitled to do whatever they wanted. Ever. I said that regardless of their motives, they're Axl's adopted family, and that's true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@stella I dunno who but I dont think its TB tht pay Izzy to play, or am I wrong?

N' I dont think TB can N' have a right to stop Duff, cause even tho Duff quit the Band He is still a GN'R unlike TB a hired managers N' assistant. 

Izzy and TB cut out the deal for the few shows, I guess they decided what songs he would play and how much he would get per show or per song.

Axl wasn't dependent on Izzy, so it din't make a difference to him if Izzy showed up or not, but Axl liked it when Izzy came for those few shows.

Duff is a different case, he is a sharp person and knows how to deal with people. 

5 hours ago, killuridols said:
8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I have no idea what you two are talking about :lol:

About a story on rockfic that I started reading, but then I stopped because it was so disturbing and :unsure::unsure: to me. But Serenity told me to continue reading. So I did and it became horrible and sad in a whole new way and that's why I basically cried oceans of tears. I'm sensitive and emotional when it comes to Axl, even about fictional Axl apparently :P:facepalm:

And yes, I've noticed that before about the jacket. I think he stole/borrowed that jacket from Erin because it's too small for him. Similar to how he stole/borrowed the leggings from his sister. I think it's kinda adorable how he used to wear the clothes of the women around him (and some of the guys in the band's clothes too) :heart:

12 hours ago, Frey said:

The very first comment under that article is

"Izzy and Brad Pitt are related: Izzy’s sixth-grandfather Henry Pendleton Isbell II/Jr. and Brad’s ancestor Benjamin Isbell were brothers. wow"

Make of that what you will, girls :lol:

Seriously though that's quite an interesting family tree Izzy's got there. I'm jealous his ancestors can be traced back so far.

That site has info for all the other guys as well. Quite interesting.

And I could have told you Izzy's mom was named Sonja. I remember seeing Izzy's parents referred to as Sonny and Dick somewhere. Somehow that stuck in my brain, probably because it reminded me of Sonny and Cher or something :lol:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy  >  Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, [insert any other actor that is generally proclaimed as the epitome of attractiveness] as far as I'm concerned :awesomeface:

Also I had no idea Axl was so... German. I had noticed his mom's German maiden name of course, but poking around that site and the links, I notice he is German through and through on his mom's side.

Lintner, Rosenbrock, Zimmerman, Schaper, Pfingsten... all German surnames and a lot of these people were even born in Germany. And it's kind of funny how he has rose-related surnames on both sides of his family. "Rosenbrock" = "a marsh where roses grow". Also "Pfingsten" = "pentecost" :confused:

Axl, Duff and Izzy all basically are a mix of English/Irish and German (and a few other things).

(And these people in the comments on Slash's page being shocked that Slash is part black. What are they, blind?! :facepalm:)

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy and TB cut out the deal for the few shows, I guess they decided what songs he would play and how much he would get per show or per song.

Axl wasn't dependent on Izzy, so it din't make a difference to him if Izzy showed up or not, but Axl liked it when Izzy came for those few shows.

Duff is a different case, he is a sharp person and knows how to deal with people. 

Seems Izzy didnt care tht much as long as He get the money

What Axl said about tht?

Edited by SerenityScorp

11 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

About a story on rockfic that I started reading, but then I stopped because it was so disturbing and :unsure::unsure: to me. But Serenity told me to continue reading. So I did and it became horrible and sad in a whole new way and that's why I basically cried ocenas of tears. I'm sensitive and emotional when it comes to Axl, even about fictional Axl apparently :P:facepalm:

And yes, I've noticed that before about the jacket. I think he stole/borrowed that jacket from Erin because it's too small for him. Similar to how he stole/borrowed the leggings from his sister. I think it's kinda adorable how he used to wear the clothes of the women around him (and some of the guys in the band's clothes too) :heart:

- Me too, N' tht story The Look in The Fox's Eye is really good too

-  Really?

About sharing clothes between Members-, What clothes tht They share back then