GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I check the AC/DC concert thread and Axl looks like a giant next to Angus.

I check the interview thread and Axl sat next to Duff looks tiny again.

Its like some weird Alice In Wonderland shit is going on. :lol:

And now imagine Angus next to Duff :ph34r:

Look how cute they are :wub: 

axduff2.jpg

Now I need more :drool:

Happy birthday @Slash787 :headbang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Asia said:

In Wall's The Most Dangerous Band in the World - it's a 90's book, basically a collection of many long interviews with Slash mostly, but also one with Duff and one with Axl. It is in fact the first GN'R book I ever bought.

As for Slasxl there's also this fragment there where Wall asks Slash a question that goes like this: Axl is known for a notoriously difficult character. How do the two of you get along as people, outside the band? And there's Slash's answer that Mick Wall himself calls unequivocal - "We love each other" ;)

Thank you. I knew about the book, but I must have missed the part about buying a house together

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I dunno but seems when Axl talks about TB He looks serious/weird, sighing before talks about it too

I guess it's like he knows what people thinks. And he tries to explain what they really do and why he wants them around. He needs to explain that Fernando is not there by chance. Like he started with wardrobe and he worked with other companies to get where he is today. I think he gets that they are not, let's say, specialized in the field but nevertheless he wants them around because he likes the family environment that surronds him.

------

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Thank you everybody for the wishes, it really means a lot to me, all of you are really cool and so nice. 

I hope one day all of us can have some sort of meet up in the future.

Happy Birthday @Slash787! You rock man :headbang: And you share birthday with the one and only Freddie Mercury, that's cool!! Don't forget the european women's thread party it's on, bring the cake :P 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I check the AC/DC concert thread and Axl looks like a giant next to Angus.

I check the interview thread and Axl sat next to Duff looks tiny again.

Its like some weird Alice In Wonderland shit is going on. :lol:

:rofl-lol:

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like this interview much more than the China one. I know some people are saying Axl looks sedated and weird in it, but he really doesn't to me. To me, he looks much more like his old self than in the china one.  His mannerisms and the way he uses hand gestures is just :wub:

It is strange but I don't like Axl in this interview. The China one caused much more effect on me and he looked and sounded much more natural. But that's just my opinion.

There's something about his posture and his speaking that doesn't look completely right to me. At times he seems out of breath and looks like he breaths through his mouth.

Maybe I feel it unnatural because it was recorded and edited while the other thing was not edited and more like a live thing.

He wasn't hyper in this one while on the China on, IMO, he was more like the Axl I know.

Only moment when he gets really excited and truly happy is the last question about AC/DC. He says he loves that Angus is his boss and will do whatever he wants him to do. Made me feel like if Axl could choose and permanently join AC/DC he would do it without hesitation, even if that meant quitting GNR.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

It is strange but I don't like Axl in this interview. The China one caused much more effect on me and he looked and sounded much more natural. But that's just my opinion.

There's something about his posture and his speaking that doesn't look completely right to me. At times he seems out of breath and looks like he breaths through his mouth.

Maybe I feel it unnatural because it was recorded and edited while the other thing was not edited and more like a live thing.

He wasn't hyper in this one while on the China on, IMO, he was more like the Axl I know.

Only moment when he gets really excited and truly happy is the last question about AC/DC. He says he loves that Angus is his boss and will do whatever he wants him to do. Made me feel like if Axl could choose and permanently join AC/DC he would do it without hesitation, even if that meant quitting GNR.

Well, to me he seemed uncomfortable because he knew they would ask question about feelings and Izzy and he seemed like he was choosing carefully his words not to give opening to speculation (see how he hurredly assured everyone he wasn't talking shit about Izzy) it was a serious interview, not a Q&A on a event not about music, it is being analized to death, the question about ACDC isn't misunderstable and it isn't about personal matters so he will be more comfortable.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's exactly how I feel about this interview. They also look a tad wary and tense to me.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't get that impression about AC/DC at all. Yeah, sure it's easier for him to talk about that cos its not so loaded and the majority of the guns fanbase love it. I don't think he would run off to join AC/DC, but there is no denying that he has bonded to those guys, especially Angus. And they seem to like him too, I think that's really sweet and good for Axl. I would love Axl to stay with AC/DC to be honest, no reason he can't do both in my eyes :)

Ive not had time yet to properly analyse the interview, maybe I will notice something second time I watch it :lol:

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Don't forget the european women's thread party it's on, bring the cake :P 

How's the planning of the party going by the way? Have we come up with something yet? :popcorn:

I need something to look forward to :max:

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't get that impression about AC/DC at all. Yeah, sure it's easier for him to talk about that cos its not so loaded and the majority of the guns fanbase love it. I don't think he would run off to join AC/DC, but there is no denying that he has bonded to those guys, especially Angus. And they seem to like him too, I think that's really sweet and good for Axl. I would love Axl to stay with AC/DC to be honest, no reason he can't do both in my eyes :)

Ive not had time yet to properly analyse the interview, maybe I will notice something second time I watch it :lol:

Plus, he said "as long as we can make it work" and something of effect as "Guns n Roses are supportive" while gesturing to Duff as in "i didn't run off on my own, i checked with them before and they're okay with it" plus Duff was beaming, he wouldn't be if he has an ickling Axl wants to ditch them and Axl = not good at hiding emotions.

Everything seems fine, i think people are getting nervous over nothing tbh

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Who is nervous? I am not.

We are all sharing our impression of the interview and that's all. Opinions. Like when you go watching a movie and comment about it afterwards.

I forgot to mention how I feel Duff was the one who warmed my heart here, with his knowing smiles and looks, his silences and faces. His overall "father" attitude won me over :wub:

Its probably best that he was there instead of Slash; Duff knows how to contain and be supportive of Axl. He didn't say much but his presence was really strong.

Not sure if this is so obvious for other people, but the ones that have been following this saga since the beginning, we really know what role Duff always played in GNR.

I can't stop loving that guy. If he leaves again that will be devastating.

Duff's great. I love how proud he is of Axl singing for ACDC. The way he is looking at him melts my heart :wub:

axduff3.jpg

Btw. Does anyone happen do have this interview without the subtitles? :ph34r::smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

I call him "Saint Duff, protector of GNR fans everywhere"

Well, the talks about him being weird and wanting to ditch GNR seemed nervous to me but good that you're confident too that Axl is okay and there are reasonable reasons why he was uncomfortable or at least to me, i wouldn't be comfortable either talking about how i reconciled with my estranged friend or why i'm not working with my other friend on television, i wouldn't go in deep either. 

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

I forgot to say that Duff is super good looking in this interview. Damn how is it even possible? :drool:

And here I am thinking otherwise lol (they don't say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder for nothing haha).

As I was watching the interview -- I came late to the party..having only to go into that thread n watch just today -- I kept telling myself isn't it ironic that the fittest  looking and healthiest person among those 4 (minus Izzy) looks the most haggard (face-wise). I think even Steven looks better than Duff..IMHO.

Am sure @Italian girl and @Mandy123 don't agree lol...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

And here I am thinking otherwise lol (they don't say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder for nothing haha).

As I was watching the interview -- I came late to the party..having only to go into that thread n watch just today -- I kept telling myself isn't it ironic that the fittest  looking and healthiest person among those 4 (minus Izzy) looks the most haggard (face-wise). I think even Steven looks better than Duff..IMHO.

Am sure @Italian girl and @Mandy123 don't agree lol...

I was thinking that his cheeks looked weird like they were pumped full of something and he was too shiny overall as if covered in oil. Didn't want to be pointessly rude :lol:

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Thank you everybody for the wishes, it really means a lot to me, all of you are really cool and so nice. 

I hope one day all of us can have some sort of meet up in the future.

Thanks again! 

Glad you are so comfortable joining in here!  Happy Birthday!

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Happy Birthday @Slash787! You rock man :headbang: And you share birthday with the one and only Freddie Mercury, that's cool!! Don't forget the european women's thread party it's on, bring the cake :P 

Thank you my hot Portuguese friend! kkkkkk rsrsrsrsrsrs

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Duff's great. I love how proud he is of Axl singing for ACDC. The way he is looking at him melts my heart :wub:

axduff3.jpg

Btw. Does anyone happen do have this interview without the subtitles? :ph34r::smiley-confused2:

The Portugues subtitles were added so that YOU CANNOT DO YOUR ANDY THINGS to this interview! :rofl-lol: