GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

So the China Exchange happened on my birthday and the Brazil interview happened at the show I was at.... my voodoo black magic fairy dust secret powers are real y'all! 

Can you use them to get Izzy to talk please.

17 minutes ago, pinkforgirls said:

So the China Exchange happened on my birthday and the Brazil interview happened at the show I was at.... my voodoo black magic fairy dust secret powers are real y'all! 

The China thing was officialy released on my birthday lol :ph34r:

@dgnr Thanks for translating! I'd wondered about that part too.

Also I just noticed that Axl talked about hanging out with Duff after his dinner with Slash in the interview. :wub: I'm happy to hear that they're hanging out with each other in their spare time too and not just meeting for band related business or whatever.

I also liked how Duff always laughed at Axl's jokes and stories (Beta's reaction to the Slash message, the Amy story, the thing about TB enslaving Axl, the many layers, etc.). Sweet of him.

6 hours ago, Frey said:
17 hours ago, killuridols said:

@Lumikki and @Frey Duff was born to be a father! :wub:

I kid you not when I say I wish Duff would take Axl to live with him and reeducate him from scratch, teach him "how to be a man" LOL :lol: and put him under strict diet.

But Axl should relax and never contradict Duff with anything. Just let him do what he does best: be a dad :P

I'd rather see Axl live with Duff as well than with TB or alone up there on his hill, tbh.

Would be a pretty weird arrangement though, considering that Duff is actually younger than Axl :lol: But whatever, Axl's new mom is only 7 years (or something like that) older than him as well (not to mention the step father who's only 14 years his senior), so whatever. It wouldn't even be that weird by Axl standards.

I tend to agree with both of you, yeah. As weird as it sounds, but I think Duff would take good care of Axl.

And yeah, Duff's the expert on how to be a man (I mean he wrote a book about it :P:rolleyes:), he would be a good influence on Axl too and I trust him. The same things can't be said for TB.

2 hours ago, annablue said:

Thanks @dgnr also reflecting back on the Axl / Duff interview I love how he brings up his sister Amy in relation to the broken leg/foot thing..."you know when you break something, you know". My favourite part. I guess maybe because he's still talking to his siblings and we never hear much about them.

I really liked that part too. I'm really glad he's still close with his siblings.

14 hours ago, Padme said:

I agree with you about Axl. He seems too evasive or too broad in some of his commnets. For example in the begining when he talks about the Coachella guy. The way he is saying thing it seems he had direct talks with the Coachella guy. He seems very open to a reunion from the very begining. I mean Axl doesn't sound like he told Coachella to fuck off when reunion was brought up. He seems to say he was interested in listening the Coachella plan or proposal. He said "it seems real" "then it got more real" I find those comments kinda odd.

Later on when they were discussing Izzy and Adler and the possible original 5 reunion Axl said "I have no idea". I mean you can tell he is not against it. And that's good news. But "I have no idea" What kind of answer is that? Is he talking about his band or what? :lol: I think something like "well... who knows... we will see" would be a  better way to answer that.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but Axl's always had weird ways of expressing himself sometimes (even back in the day), so I don't know if I should read something into that or not.

On 5.9.2016 at 10:11 AM, tiutso said:

It's called "Progression" on Rockfic.

Wait, we do? :lol:

Is it because of Perla's words or am I forgetting something else?

Both because of Perla's words and also the groupie stories. 

And since both the groupies and Perla agree with each other that Slash is nothing special in that department, I think it's safe to say that the premise of that story is very far removed from reality :lol:

7 hours ago, Frey said:

I think Duff was there instead of Slash for two, maybe three reasons:

First, because having Slash there would have made things automatically more tense and difficult. Axl's been hanging out with Duff for longer now and they're probably more familiar and comforatble with each other. And their relationship was never as emotionally charged and volatile as Slash and Axl's. Doing that interview might not have been too big of an issue on Slash's side (though he would have hated it too, because the guy doesn't get tired of mentioning how much he hates doing interviews and that he hates talking about his feelings- combine both of this things and I'm sure Slash was glad to sit this one out), but Axl seemed to get all emotional and looked like he was about to cry just from talking about the Lebeises.

If it was just Slash and Axl and no Duff there to nip personal questions about feelings in the bud, who knows what Axl might have started talking about. Or if he'd actually started crying for real. The media would have had a field day with that. And Slash would probably have died of mortification, because something like that would be exactly the kind of thing he always tries to avoid.

Might sound a bit extreme, but I remember Duff saying something about how Axl is incapable of really lying in a not too long ago interview and Slash said something similar in his book. Combine that with him seeming kind of off emotionally and behavior-wise and I think they might have been legitimately worried about Axl saying or doing something that awkward.

And second, because they wanted someone there to corroborate Axl's claims. It's obvious one reason for this interview was to adress some of the things people were complaining/speculating about on the internet (the song tempos, Slash and Duff playing CD songs, the Lebeis situation, etc.). I remember there were a lot of people doubting Axl when he said that Slash and Duff decided to play CD songs on their own during the China Exchange interview. So they needed either Slash or Duff there to support what Axl said. Both of them can do that, but since Slash was the risky option, they went with Duff.

And a third reason might be that they're planning to do a more in-depth interview with Slash and Axl at some point in the future, and that show wasn't the place for that (or didn't pay the right price...).

Yes, that's basically what I think as well. I really hope we're gonna get that Slash and Axl interview soon though. I wanna see them interact with each other.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

duff appears very comfortable in front of cameras and journalists :)

I think that axl and slash are much more nervous...

I think that is because he is more used to the cameras, especially since he did that reality show, Married to Rock and has seem to have done more interviews over the years in general. He is definitely way more at ease on screen than Axl or Slash, that is for sure! :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, annablue said:

Thanks @dgnr also reflecting back on the Axl / Duff interview I love how he brings up his sister Amy in relation to the broken leg/foot thing..."you know when you break something, you know". My favourite part. I guess maybe because he's still talking to his siblings and we never hear much about them.

Yeah that was nice that he mentioned her...I think she was there at one of the LV concerts to see him. Awww.

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remember watching a kids Saturday morning show called SMTV live. I was a bit amazed to find out they had slash on, seeing as it really was a show for little kids.

Anyway, the two presenters, who are the most popular in England, Ant and Dec, got the honours of interviewing Slash. 

He was ok until they asked him some question like what's the weirdest thing to happen to you and Slash said getting a blow job in public :lol:

They tried to gloss over that and asked him about his pets, he said he had an iguana who got out and was walking off down the road and he chased it and grabbed it's tail and it turned around and bit the fuck out of him :lol:

They cut the interview off and had to apologise over and over hahahaha I'll never forget it!! 

Lmao! Oh man, that is classic...I would have died laughing!!! :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remember watching a kids Saturday morning show called SMTV live. I was a bit amazed to find out they had slash on, seeing as it really was a show for little kids.

Anyway, the two presenters, who are the most popular in England, Ant and Dec, got the honours of interviewing Slash. 

He was ok until they asked him some question like what's the weirdest thing to happen to you and Slash said getting a blow job in public :lol:

They tried to gloss over that and asked him about his pets, he said he had an iguana who got out and was walking off down the road and he chased it and grabbed it's tail and it turned around and bit the fuck out of him :lol:

They cut the interview off and had to apologise over and over hahahaha I'll never forget it!! 

Where can I watch it? :ph34r:

• Like 2

this one has the iguana story in it, I've never been able to find the full version with the blow job bit :lol:

I forgot it was Cat Deeley who did the interview. He said she was hot and that's all he remembered about that interview. This was at the beginning of his uk snakepit tour and he was so wasted the whole time lol. 

This mentions the blow Job bit.. 

image.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

this one has the iguana story in it, I've never been able to find the full version with the blow job bit :lol:

I forgot it was Cat Deeley who did the interview. He said she was hot and that's all he remembered about that interview. This was at the beginning of his uk snakepit tour and he was so wasted the whole time lol. 

This mentions the blow Job bit.. 

image.png

:rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Duff is with Axl at the AC/DC show tonight. He's taking his role as Axl's brother/guardian angel/adoptive father/mentor seriously. :wub:

Seriously!!!!???? I didnt follow AC/DC USA Tour

Maybe He wants to protect Axl from TB :D

After all We still dunno if He's approve/okay with TB or not

Edited by SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Duff is with Axl at the AC/DC show tonight. He's taking his role as Axl's brother/guardian angel/adoptive father/mentor seriously. :wub:

So Beta is Axl's mother and Duff is his father. They are even more bizarre than The Adams Family :lol:  I can see Duff pulling a Darth Vader "Axl I am your father"... "Search your feeling you will know it to be true" :rofl-lol:

11 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also I just noticed that Axl talked about hanging out with Duff after his dinner with Slash in the interview. :wub: I'm happy to hear that they're hanging out with each other in their spare time too and not just meeting for band related business or whatever.

I also liked how Duff always laughed at Axl's jokes and stories (Beta's reaction to the Slash message, the Amy story, the thing about TB enslaving Axl, the many layers, etc.). Sweet of him.

I guess He wants to tell about His first met N' dinner with Slash to Duff

I'm curious about what happens on tht dinner, must be awkward. Somebody needs to make fanfiction about this! :lol:

Oh my godness, only Slash in his crazy days could talk about the blow job and cursed in the live TV show for kids :lol: Kind of miss that Slash these days :P

Btw, it reminds me the scene from 'Love actually', where Billy Mac (elderly rockstar) is a guest of TV show for teenagers and makes some jokes about a popular boysband, saying that they have tiny willies. And then the host say: 'Oh Billy, remember that kids are watching!' . And Billy makes serious face and says: 'Dear kids, here's the message from uncle Billy: Don't buy drags! ... (everybodys in the studio seem relief :lol:) ... Become a rockstar and you'll get them for free!" :lol:

Sounds totally, like what Slash could say in the good old days ;)

Edited by KMS
  • Like 2