GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Lumikki I was just thinking the same. He never ever says anything when he does something nice, it always comes from other people. That to me means he genuinely cares, rather than "look what a nice guy I am doing charity"  

He gives money to an animal shelter in LA, they mentioned him. 

Theres been other things too that I can't think of off the top of my head. 

I remember reading about a woman either here or another GNR forum (many moons ago) that Axl had invited her and her child to his house (something to do with his Halloween party). Others remember this too - I wish I could find the photos she had posted somewhere. My recollection is fuzzy. 

5 minutes ago, annablue said:

I remember reading about a woman either here or another GNR forum (many moons ago) that Axl had invited her and her child to his house (something to do with his Halloween party). Others remember this too - I wish I could find the photos she had posted somewhere. My recollection is fuzzy. 

I totally remember that too. That lady had a lot of photos from the Halloween party and IIRC she said that a lot of kids with disabilities and their families had also been invited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stella said:

I totally remember that too. That lady had a lot of photos from the Halloween party and IIRC she said that a lot of kids with disabilities and their families had also been invited.

this was in the 2nd page when I posted the link. Betsy Kendrick is her name http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/AxlRose/

This is her story....hope the link works 

http://axl_rose_shrine.tripod.com/trip2.html/page11.html

Since I created this photo album, I decided I could share these pics and words on the pages before and following..because as of now - Axl has become public again, and these documents are no longer invasion of his privacy! What I wrote was awhile back, and was not at that time available for public view due to respect for Axl. As follows: This was written for our own little photo album for only us to share! This is property of Betsy Brinkley Kendrick. All rights reserved. These pages are locked in Tripod's directory. If anyone should access these pages, please notify me at - axlette1@hotmail.com. 

Memories! There is no brief way to describe the entire wonderful weekend we enjoyed in LA/Malibu, but for our pleasure, here is a short version. I will not make any statements that could be used for publicity use to invade on Axl Rose's Privacy. Names, and exact occurrences, descriptions are left out. 
To look at my email one Monday night, and see an incoming mail from a name I did not recognize inviting me to a party, meant nothing at first, and I deleted it! In my mind it was just another one of the loads of imposters who. 
As I checked again, and saw the same email the next day - which I was trashing, I read closer. I realized that the phone numbers, info., and IP addy's were legitimate possibly, so I clicked reply, and gave my phone # at home while stating my disbelief, and that I probably would not be able to attend the party I was invited to, due to my kennel full of dogs. 
However, as I was standing in the shower a little while later, Skotty informed me of a phone call. I said to have them call back in 10 minutes. The person on the phone said it was urgent & she had tried constantly to reach me, and stated her name as Beta. I then decided to answer the phone, at which time I found a most businesslike woman, who had already made flght plans, motel plans, etc.. I stated that I would not come without my daughter, as only myself & Skotty were invited. She said it was no problem to bring her along. Axl and Beta are most heartwarming and generous! 
I told her I could not possibly fly out until Friday evening. Everything was confirmed. 
Bonnie, Skotty, and myself then prepared, as my lifelong fear of flying was overcome with the overwhelming desire to meet Axl Rose! 
We boarded the plane, flew out, and found it most wonderful. However, we missed our flight from Phoenix to LA, and we were concerned, but boarded the next flight out. Upon arriving at LA airport, it was very late at night, and almost empty. There was no car waiting as it had departed! So, we made phone calls to Axl's home and it heard recordings of the answering machine. My friend Ravi from online drove out to meet us! He stayed just in case we needed a place to go, and watched us leave the airport. Finally, as the employees helped watch for a limo, and listen for phone calls , it finally came through, and although they were angry that the driver had not waited, they immediately sent a limo to pick us up. 
I suppose I slept about one total hour, and I had not slept for a few days before! 
I showered, put on my jeans, and top, as Skotty & Bonnie helped themselves to huge breakfasts. 
The next thing we knew we were riding off in the car sent for us along a most beautiful stretch from Hollywood to Malibu! I was astonished at the mountains being on one side, and the ocean on the other. Magnificent! 
We arrived at Axl's, and walked in to a most gorgeous place with decorations everywhere, and rides for the children. We had no knowledge Axl was actually walking the grounds for hours dressed up for Halloween. He was adorable. There was food, music, cotton candy, candied apples, & everything one could imagine. I found it so wonderful that Axl had invited children's groups to join who were obviously disabled. How sweet! 
Later, as we sat by the pool, and I wondered IF I was going to see Axl - I spotted right within perfect view a man who still had on his lower half of his costume, and I looked at my kids and said >>> "That is Axl!!!". 
I got up, and he walked towards me as I approached him, and we hugged, and he shook Skotty's hand. As I had thought, he looked great! He seems so content, and mellow! We talked, and laughed. He is so pleasant and easy to be with. He asked me about my wolves, and proceeded to take me show me what we have in common! I enjoyed his company so very much. There were many interruptions. Tommy Stinson walked in, & Axl began telling us about a song called Madagascar he had just written, and how he wanted us to hear it. 
Later on, after Axl had mingled a bit, he was nowhere around, and they motioned for me to come into his studio. Axl was wonderful, and talked openly about many things, and proceeded to let me hear some of the new music - including Madgascar. It was absolutely fantastic! I loved every moment! Being there with Axl - his open, honest, sweet, soothing voice - was incredible, as he talked about many things. Bonnie, meanwhile was searching for me and being bothered by onlookers who wanted to know "Who is that lady you are with?". Anyway, we talked, and shared. I accidentally smoked - not knowing I wasn't supposed to in his studio until I returned home and heard rumors of this! He said nothing, but only handed me a small cup for the ashes. After some time, we all boarded a bus to take us to Universal Studios in Hollywood! It was awesome! It seemed there were escalators everywhere, and we enjoyed the 3D show, the Maze, and the beauty of it all! 
As the night continued, it was fnally time to board the bus back to Axl's. I was exhausted, and made it a point to get one more big hug! How wonderful & real he is, and very affectionate. 
Everything seems like a dream! 
I will never forget these moments! 
Thankyou Axl! You are indeed a most special man to the world of GNR fans, and forever cherished by me! 
For the fans - What did Axl wear? Mostly shorts and cargo pants with loose t-shirts. 
He was very mellow, easy to talk to, and kind! I did not feel nervous at all! He also has a great sense of humor! Heis very "real"!

Edited by annablue
  • Like 4

Also here's this part of an email between her and Axl she shares on her site: http://axl_rose_shrine.tripod.com/trip2.html/page8.html

An email from Axl. This is private property, and any use of this letter will be prosecuted. 

A GREAT PORTION OF THIS EMAIL FROM AXL WAS DELETED! 
MUCH OF THE CONTENT OF THIS EMAIL - ESPECIALLY THE FIRST HALF OR SO - HAS BEEN REMOVED OUT OF RESPECT FOR HIS PRIVACY! 
HOWEVER, AFTER READING THESE OVER AND OVER - HERE ARE SOME PARTS OF THIS ONE AXL WROTE THAT I FEEL ARE INTERESTING AND APPROPRIATE TO SHARE WITH THE PUBLIC!

AS FOLLOWS TO BEGIN WHER AXL WAS WRITING MIDWAY:

On the subject of old Guns it was like a bad marriage. X XXXX XX XXXX XX XXX XXXXXX. 

The new band will have all kinds of styles. We just wanted to shake up 
the old timers and let the kids know somethin's comin'. Looks like it 
worked. I watch all the cheap shots people take out of ignorance and 
it just doesn't cease to amaze me. It's funny, just cause you give a 
monkey a computer doesn't mean he won't crap his huggies! 

Another reason was because of your wolves. XXX is my boy and I thought 
your son would enjoy the other pets. 

I caught the cookie picture on your website and it made me laugh! 

You can say what you want about the trip. Just try not to give the 
crazies to much to work with in regard to my home itself or xxxx. 
I have appreciated your respect as well as your patience. 

Thanx for everything, 
All the best, 
A- 

On 29/8/2016 at 7:00 AM, stella said:

No, she's in hysterics about something she apparently misunderstood in one of my posts, as far as I can guess. She somehow thinks the OT discussion about death threats has some relevance to what we were discussing w/Beta, or that I somehow condoned Beta's posts on the AC/DC site. As far as I can ascertain, the chain's something like this:

Posters: Beta's asked to censor the AC/DC thread! She conceals what Axl sees!
Me: Well, I don't know if she did or not. But a lot of celebs have someone filtering their social media and monitoring what gets through to them, because they get a lot of shit. (cue OT discussion)

And that somehow turned into me being accused justifying the AC/DC comments because I'm in with TB, or I don't even fucking know. I'm not even reading her responses anymore.

....a lot of celebs have someone filtering their social media and monitoring what gets trough to them, because they get a lot of shit ........

1.  What the hell is this Beta woman doing at AC/DC oficial site? Is she now also working for AC/DC and monitoring their site?  I Think NO,  this is Angus´band, he decides and Angus is Axl´s boss in AC/DC.

2. You think fans expressing their opinions  is  ---getting a lot of shit.... ?   Different opinions are not shit.

A lot of fans like Axl singing in AC/DC, others prefer Brian, so what?  Why should somebody remove this fan opinions, even worse, a person who has NOTHING to do with AC/DC? Not her business at all.  So, Beta, stay with GnR, they have to deal with you, but don´t bother Angus, AC/DC and their fans.

Well, it's not like it's the first time he talked to a fan more than the usual, there was even a fan in the forum, you know, the one when Del told the fan not to talk him but Axl insisted and he lamented his loneliness, i'm thinking about the model with the story about Axl reminiscing about Slash unprompted 

He used the analogy with marriage before in regard of Slash and we know he read here/other forums so it didn't shock me.

ETA @hair of the dog Beta was just commenting under an ACDC official IG photo, she isn't managing it.

Edited by giuls

29 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

....a lot of celebs have someone filtering their social media and monitoring what gets trough to them, because they get a lot of shit ........

1.  What the hell is this Beta woman doing at AC/DC oficial site? Is she now also working for AC/DC and monitoring their site?  I Think NO,  this is Angus´band, he decides and Angus is Axl´s boss in AC/DC.

2. You think fans expressing their opinions  is  ---getting a lot of shit.... ?   Different opinions are not shit.

A lot of fans like Axl singing in AC/DC, others prefer Brian, so what?  Why should somebody remove this fan opinions, even worse, a person who has NOTHING to do with AC/DC? Not her business at all.  So, Beta, stay with GnR, they have to deal with you, but don´t bother Angus, AC/DC and their fans.

I'm not sure how you misunderstood my post so badly, but here we go:

1. I never defended Beta's actions at the AC/DC site. EVER. How the fuck would I know what she was doing there?

2. I never said people's opinions on the AC/DC site RE: Axl were "a lot of shit." I said that celebrities in general get a lot of shit online, and that's true. Google Leslie Jones sometime, and read about all the death threats, rape threats and harassment that some people get online. Anyone in the public eye who can afford it has an assistant and social media manager to filter their calls and manage their official pages, even if they're posting there themselves, and filter out what gets to them/gets posted. It's such a thing that Facebook has automatic comment moderation and allows page managers to ban complete sets of words to prevent harassment.

And at any rate, that quote seems to have been pulled out of context from another part of a conversation I was having with someone else, in which they thought TB was controlling Axl by filtering his calls/etc. And again that's something a lot of celebrities have. They have assistants and people screening their communications for all sorts of reasons. 

3. Again, I never defended Beta's actions on the AC/DC site or thought her posts appropriate. I've said as much several times. Nor did I say that I thought she had any control over AC/DC's site, or should have such control. I honestly couldn't care less which singer AC/DC fans prefer one way or the other. And I also said that I was sure that AC/DC's camp would be imparting to Beta/TB the way they're expected to act toward AC/DC's fans on social media.

Edited by stella

18 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

No, she´s  57.

I wonder why you can't find any sources on her age online. The only things I managed to look up were a couple of lines in Wiki and some fan website that put 1957 down as the year of her birth, which is why I said she might be 59.

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ask Izzy Stradlin how sweet Axl is..

Greedy!!

I have no sympathy for Izzy on this. None. The Big Three have been working their asses off on this, and they've been administrating GnR for the past two decades...Izzy's done nothing for the band since 1991. Why in God's name SHOULD he get an equal share as the other three, just because he's going to float in and play without having any part in the management?!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stella said:

I have no sympathy for Izzy on this. None. The Big Three have been working their asses off on this, and they've been administrating GnR for the past two decades...Izzy's done nothing for the band since 1991. Why in God's name SHOULD he get an equal share as the other three, just because he's going to float in and play without having any part in the management?!

Yeah. Izzy is my favorite gunner and I really want him involved in this, but this is true.

I can understand both sides of this argument.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Yeah. Izzy is my favorite gunner and I really want him involved in this, but this is true.

I can understand both sides of this argument.

It seems as though this has been a thing with Izzy since the UYI days, too. There's that old Rolling Stone interview from right after Izzy left where Axl said that if Izzy had stayed, he would have been paid less than the others because he didn't want to do videos or put as much effort into things as the others...and that makes sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, stella said:

Well has he been allowed to? Really, he was forced out of his position in the band by Axls egomania, drawing up ridiculous contracts and accusing him of not being as important to the band because he didn't move around on stage as much LOL!!! Add to that all of the stress caused by their behaviour as a collective, you can say Izzy was forced to leave and give up his share. That's why Izzy went, he didn't just leave in a carefree manner. 

Thats my take on it anyway, and if Izzy wanted to be back in the band on the same as Duff and Slash he damn well should be. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stella said:

This! ^ I feel the same way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well has he been allowed to? Really, he was forced out of his position in the band by Axls egomania, drawing up ridiculous contracts and accusing him of not being as important to the band because he didn't move around on stage as much LOL!!! Add to that all of the stress caused by their behaviour as a collective, you can say Izzy was forced to leave and give up his share. That's why Izzy went, he didn't just leave in a carefree manner. 

Thats my take on it anyway, and if Izzy wanted to be back in the band on the same as Duff and Slash he damn well should be. 

Actually, it was more that Izzy left because he didn't like the new terms that the band- NOT Axl on his own, and NOBODY has ever accused Axl of doing it alone - presented him with, that said that if he wasn't going to do videos or do as much work as everyone else, he wasn't going to get paid as much. Which is fair.

Izzy had no right to be paid what Axl, Slash and Duff were paid for this tour. Did he put it together? Did he keep GnR in the public eye over the past 25 years? ASD all played GnR songs at their shows and managed the merch and song catalogue. Did he? Did Izzy do a damn thing to manage or put together this tour? There's no justification anywhere for giving him the same salary. If he'd felt that he was screwed over in terms of the licensing/rights/etc. he could have sued for a piece of it, and he never did.

Edited by stella
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

AMEN.