GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol:

All I can say about this is..... now go find the genius that allowed that evil question in the interview! :lol:

look at what you've done, dumbassssssssssss :lol:

Thanks to the lame ass interview, I'll not be going to see GNR!

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

They won't write anything, the new music will be the CD leftovers but with Duff's & Slash's input. 

If that. Slash will more than likely just walk off at the end of this and Axl will sit atop his huge pile of money...

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

#TeamTrinity here

Slash: "No more Izzy, Axl's mine :headbang:"

I'm #TeamTrinity here, too

But one thing I can't understand: why can't it be peace in the GN'R land? It was Axl vs Slash for years and when that bridge was FINALLY mended what happened? Another war to come! Now Izzy vs Big Three....

:(

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nn18 said:

But one thing I can't understand: why can't it be peace in the GN'R land? It was Axl vs Slash for years and when that bridge was FINALLY mended what happened? Another war to come! Now Izzy vs Big Three....

I agree, they don't need any more drama or feuds, but I don't think it's really going to go anywhere. Some diehards love Izzy but the average person seeing the show probably couldn't care less. When he left during the UYI tour it didn't affect much of anything in terms of sales, and there wasn't a lot of press about it overall. I remember seeing interviews and MTV News pieces on Steven's firing, lawsuit and his first new band; that was in the news quite a bit, but it was kind of quiet on Izzy.

Edited by stella

41 minutes ago, nn18 said:

Nothing is ever simple with this lot is it? 

You can go to bed at night after reading this forum smiling happy, thinking GNR is great and wake up to a freaking shit storm to depress the hell out you :lol:

They will never change. 

I wish they'd give Izzy what he wants though, I get all the he doesn't deserve the same amount point of view, but it would make so many fans happy, and it wouldnt empty their pockets that much :(

And maybe Izzy should be more realistic, I remember the report he was demanding 1 mill per guest spot - yeah, that's too much. 

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nothing is ever simple with this lot is it? 

You can go to bed at night after reading this forum smiling happy, thinking GNR is great and wake up to a freaking shit storm to depress the hell out you :lol:

They will never change. 

I wish they'd give Izzy what he wants though, I get all the he doesn't deserve the same amount point of view, but it would make so many fans happy, and it wouldnt empty their pockets that much :(

And maybe Izzy should be more realistic, I remember the report he was demanding 1 mill per guest spot - yeah, that's too much. 

I said something similar in Izzy thread: I went to sleep last night peacefully, nothing going on here and when I woke up.....

I don't know what Izzy expected or how much he thinks other guys get,  but there is no way anyone would pay him 1 million per show.

My honest oppinion is that they offered him some amount of money and that he said he was ok with it even though he wasn't. The guys thought it was a done deal, but when it was time to start the wheels in motion Izzy backed out and asked his equal share.  That same MSL guy from other forum said that Izzy even attended rehearshals ( not that it's granted he's telling the truth)

I don't blame Izzy if it was some silly number they offered him, but I certainly don't blame Axl/Slash/Duff for not paying him 1 mill per show. None if them gets that much probably. And as some said, not even the Big Three split the money equally amongst them, let alone with Izzy. So he indeed should be more realistic.

And that's why they haven't done interviews....now we get it....

17 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I said something similar in Izzy thread: I went to sleep last night peacefully, nothing going on here and when I woke up.....

I don't know what Izzy expected or how much he thinks other guys get,  but there is no way anyone would pay him 1 million per show.

My honest oppinion is that they offered him some amount of money and that he said he was ok with it even though he wasn't. The guys thought it was a done deal, but when it was time to start the wheels in motion Izzy backed out and asked his equal share.  That same MSL guy from other forum said that Izzy even attended rehearshals ( not that it's granted he's telling the truth)

I don't blame Izzy if it was some silly number they offered him, but I certainly don't blame Axl/Slash/Duff for not paying him 1 mill per show. None if them gets that much probably. And as some said, not even the Big Three split the money equally amongst them, let alone with Izzy. So he indeed should be more realistic.

And that's why they haven't done interviews....now we get it....

:lol:

None of us really have an idea what the big three are getting, but most reports were it was 1 mil each. Then you have to think about the merch they've been shifting on this tour, that will be a nice pile of gold there too. 

Its so frustrating to me that Izzy wanted to be part of this but he isn't, it really does piss me off, quite a lot. 

I remember some record company bloke once described dealing with this band was like dealing with a bunch of pirates.

I think that's about right.

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

They won't write anything, the new music will be the CD leftovers but with Duff's & Slash's input. 

Hell no!!! If they make a new album it better be with brand new songs. I don't care about The General or Soul Monster. But I'm not against future bootlegs/leaks of the CD era songs so people can listen to them if they want to. After all we have boolegs with songs like Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon or Crash Diet. And I don't see people wanting those very old songs in a new album

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:lol:

None of us really have an idea what the big three are getting, but most reports were it was 1 mil each. Then you have to think about the merch they've been shifting on this tour, that will be a nice pile of gold there too. 

Its so frustrating to me that Izzy wanted to be part of this but he isn't, it really does piss me off, quite a lot. 

I remember some record company bloke once described dealing with this band was like dealing with a bunch of pirates.

I think that's about right.

True, we can't even imagine how much money is in the game! 1 million dollars?! What is that? Can we eat it? :lol:

The first thing that crossed my and everybody's mind when the rumours about the reunion started was "Will Izzy be there?". I would like more that anything to see all 5 guys together for at least one show, one last time. But I'm not sure will that ever happen. 

I'm kind of angry and bitter because there must have been a better way to solve the problem. They didn't really have to part ways like this. 

@Lumikki, you're right about #Team no one. We shouldn't be picking sides. Plus, we don't even know what really happened. About The Big 3 not sharing the money equally- it's just a rumour that's around for quite some time. Probably from some other forum, I have no idea :)

Edited by nn18
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2016 at 9:12 PM, pinkforgirls said:

Dang I am psyched about the interview just to see them actually sitting and talking together since the Clinton administration.... but it seems that Axl's glorious and mellifluous baritone will be dubbed over by some random translator? I said this in the other thread already but I want to pout and whine about it here. I just wanted to hear him speak dammit! 

Here you are.

Look at Duff´s face when Axl explains his relationship with TB.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

#Team No Fucking One. They're all idiots (but what else is new).

By the same logic used to call Axl/Slash/Duff greedy, you could also call Izzy greedy for demanding to be paid equally to the big three when there are valid reasons against that. I suspect Axl/Slash/Duff look at the situation much the same way @stella does. They worked to make this tour happen, they dealt with band business for the last 25 years, etc. and don't understand why the guy who did none of that should be paid the same (I would feel that way too in their position probably).

On the other hand, Izzy is a founding member and one of the main songwriters (not to mention their friend) and it certainly wouldn't kill Axl/Slash/Duff to give him a bigger share. It's not like they're struggling for money and it would have made this an actual reunion. A nice symbolic and healing thing.

Whatever. They'll get over it. They've gotten over worse and will do so again most likely. At least I hope so. I still want to see Izzy on stage with them at some point.

How do we know that?

And yep, they finally do an interview and it went south real fast :lol:

Honestly, I'm really annoyed that we're probably not going to get another interview anytime soon now. I was looking forward to that Slaxl interview :max:

Omg! After this interviews whirlwind aftermath, can you imagine the apocalyptic crater holes that would be left in the wake of a Slash and Axl interview? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This whole situation sucks. So I just made someting really dumb inspired by the comments in this thread lol. (Because what else are you supposed to do when the carpenter is late? Clearly hanging out on mygnr and doodling silly things in MS Paint is the most sensible and productive thing to do.)

Should have painted money trees instead of avocado trees though, considering recent events :rolleyes::facepalm:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/CreatedCrap/famlol.jpg~original

And because "Izzy is family" (:awesomeface: lol GNR camp), he gets to be featured 4 times in this crappy doodle :awesomeface:

LOL!! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

This whole situation sucks. So I just made someting really dumb inspired by the comments in this thread lol. (Because what else are you supposed to do when the carpenter is late? Clearly hanging out on mygnr and doodling silly things in MS Paint is the most sensible and productive thing to do.)

Should have painted money trees instead of avocado trees though, considering recent events :rolleyes::facepalm:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/CreatedCrap/famlol.jpg~original

And because "Izzy is family" (:awesomeface: lol GNR camp), he gets to be featured 4 times in this crappy doodle :awesomeface:

this is precious!! THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Out of likes but I absolutely love this :lol:

• Like 1

@Lumikki lol amazing!!! At least something that made me laugh, thank you! :hug:

I was trying to make fun of the Izzy situation (that's what we Czech people are good at, to turn even the worst situation into a joke) but I'm too tired today lol 

10 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

I saw the show in June in Leipzig, GER.  Did you see the Show in Prague?

Yes, I was there :headbang:, front of stage. I remember having goosebumps during the intro and thinking "omg, it's Axl, it's really Axl!!!" :rofl-lol:

How did you like the show?

• Like 1

Yes, i'm #TeamNoone because like @Lumikki i can see both side of the argument, Izzy is Izzy and he's important for the history of the band but i know I would be resentful if a guy  would come back and got the same pay as me for the project he stopped working with me at years ago while i kept working at it with people i don't like all the time for the sake of project itself so i can't really blame the big three for not wanting to give in.

I'm sad this bridge is burned for at least the time being but i think it's better this way, resentment tends to seep in the perfomance, it happened with The Stones too and they're a ton more professional then GNR, sorry (even if the casual didn't pick on it with the Stones, the die hards did and it would be the same in the GNR case) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

:rofl-lol:

Soooooooooo

beta is Duff's wife:scared: :vomit::smiley-confused2:

23 hours ago, giuls said:

That's super cute of him, he can be such a great guy :heart: 

the Greice girl was also at the first GNR date in LA and she went to the afterparty, i creeped her IG because i didn't know who she was, i never saw Jane The Virgin.

That's nice, no shocker that she's drop dead gorgeous.