GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

21 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Lovely gifs! This moment here is actually one of my favorite moments of the entire tour! The way he looks at him :wub: Heart eyes indeed.

It's very "I'm so glad you're back" :wub: And great wedding manip!:rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, let's analize that one. Post the lyrics and call Frey or Lumikki or Blackstar. They are the most academic ones around here :P

Seems like forever and a day

If my intentions are misunderstood, 
Please be kind
I've done all I should. 
I won't ask of you 
What I would not do. 
Oh, I saw the damage in you 
My fortunate one
The envy of youth. 

Why would they 
Tell me to please those 
That laugh in my face 
When all of the reasons 
They've taught us 
Fall over themselves 
To give way 

It's not a question of 
Whether my heart is true 
Streamlined
I had to pull thought 
Look for a new 
Beginning on you 
Oh I got a message for you 
Up and away
It's what I gotta do 
Forgive what you have
For what you might lose. 

What would you say 
If I told you that I'm to blame 
And what would you do 
If I had to deny your name 
Where would you go if I told you 
I love you and then walked away 
N' who should I turn to 
If not for the ones 
You would not save

I told you when I found you 
If there were doubts you
Should be careful and unafraid 
Now they surround you 
And all that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame 

So if my affections 
Are misunderstood 
And you decide 
I'm up 
To no good 
Don't ask me to 
Enjoy them 
Just for you

Ask yourself
What I would choose 
To prostitute myself
To live with fortune and shame
Oh yeah 
When you should 
Have turned to the hearts 
Of the ones 
That you could not save

I told you 
When I found you 
All that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame

Have at it Guys!

29 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/CreatedCrap/By%20Others/album_picfgzg.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/CreatedCrap/vers3.jpg~original

:lol::facepalm: Quickest photoshop job ever. I didn't even have to mess around much with the hair, because Renee's and Axl's hair is identical anyway. More proof that Renee was just an Axl stand-in :P

Axl looks way better in a wedding dress than Slash does :lol:

22 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

love.jpg

True enough :lol:

29 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

Seems like today is the last AC/AC Show ever ..... very sad news if it´s true

What? Did Angus say he's gonna end ACDC or something?

28 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Does anyone else find this story strange? Who is this Greice woman? And why the hell is she now following GNR around picking poor unfortunates out to go and see GNR???

http://www.alternativenation.net/dave-grohl-rocking-out-at-acdc-show-will-blow-your-mind/

I only know she's an actress and in the other article she was described as Axl's "friend". Considering that she's from Brazil and also hot, I'm willing to bet she is one of these people that TB keep throwing at Axl. Like all these Brazilian models they constantly have around (friends of Fernando's wife or Vanessa or whatever).

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, let's analize that one. Post the lyrics and call Frey or Lumikki or Blackstar. They are the most academic ones around here :P

:lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, giuls said:

Seems like forever and a day

Please be kind
I've done all I should. 
I won't ask of you 
What I would not do. 
Oh, I saw the damage in you 
My fortunate one
The envy of youth. 

Why would they 
Tell me to please those 
That laugh in my face 
When all of the reasons 
They've taught us 
Fall over themselves 
To give way 

It's not a question of 
Whether my heart is true 
Streamlined
I had to pull thought 
Look for a new 
Beginning on you 
Up and away
It's what I gotta do 
Forgive what you have
For what you might lose. 

What would you say 
If I told you that I'm to blame 
And what would you do 
If I had to deny your name 
I love you and then walked away 
N' who should I turn to 
If not for the ones 
You would not save

If there were doubts you
Should be careful and unafraid 
Now they surround you 
And all that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame 

So if my affections 
Are misunderstood 
And you decide 
I'm up 
To no good 
Don't ask me to 
Enjoy them 
Just for you

Ask yourself
What I would choose 
To prostitute myself
To live with fortune and shame
Oh yeah 
When you should 
Of the ones 
That you could not save

I told you 
When I found you 
All that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame

Have at it Guys!

I'm very lost with this one.... I don't understand most of it. English not my native tongue so while I do understand every word, the general concept I don't grasp it.

Too confusing.

Some parts I could say have to do with him not wanting the reunion? or not wanting to work with people he doesn't like?

:question:

35 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Btw. Who wanted more emojis? rock4:devilshades::headbang::heart::wub::axl92::wacko:

Haha ME! I always appreciate his enthusiasm for emojis :D

------

idk if anyone cares, but now Perla has her IG set to private. Think it has any connection to the whole Erin/Slash/Meegan thing?

1 hour ago, hair of the dog said:

Seems like today is the last AC/AC Show ever ..... very sad news if it´s true

Is that the rumor going around? If so, how sad for AC/DC fans.

Wasn't that the way it was leaning, though - that if anything, Angus will do something on his own after this?

17 minutes ago, stella said:

Wasn't that the way it was leaning, though - that if anything, Angus will do something on his own after this?

Actually, i lurk the ACDC forum, they're all pretty much convinced he'll continue with ACDC to the bitter end and they're not happy about it but nothing is confirmed

Edited by giuls

11 minutes ago, stella said:

Yes, very sad, there´s a rumor around this could be the last show because on AC/DC twitter there are messages from Stevie, Cliff and Chris thanking the fans.  I really hope Angus will keep on a few years (you see I´m a fan)

41 minutes ago, Kara said:

------

idk if anyone cares, but now Perla has her IG set to private. Think it has any connection to the whole Erin/Slash/Meegan thing?

The real reason is that she must've noticed that I lurk on her IG, since I wrote about that in here few hours ago :lol: That's the proof that also Perla reads the Women's tread ;)

19 minutes ago, giuls said:

Actually, i lurk the ACDC forum, they're all pretty much convinced he'll continue with ACDC to the bitter end and they're not happy about it but nothing is confirmed

17 minutes ago, hair of the dog said:

Yes, very sad, there´s a rumor around this could be the last show because on AC/DC twitter there are messages from Stevie, Cliff and Chris thanking the fans.  I really hope Angus will keep on a few years (you see I´m a fan)

Huh. So it seems that it's split on what will happen, and with whom...

I just checked and Perla's IG is the same as ever. I can still see it.

39 minutes ago, giuls said:

Actually, i lurk the ACDC forum, they're all pretty much convince he'll continue with ACDC to the bitter end and they're not happy about it but nothing is confirmed

Why aren't they happy? Are they afraid he's gonna run the band into the ground and ruin their reputation or something?

Edited by Frey

22 minutes ago, KMS said:

The real reason is that she must've noticed that I lurk on her IG, since I wrote about that in here few hours ago :lol: That's the proof that also Perla reads the Women's tread ;)

Ah so you're the one :lol: 

9 minutes ago, Frey said:

Hmm, maybe she changed it back. But it was indeed set to private a little bit ago. Do you follow her already?

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

Why aren't they happy? Are they afraid he's gonna run the band into the ground and ruin their reputation or something?

Maybe they don't want to see the band go on with Axl as the lead singer :facepalm:

Edited by Kara

21 minutes ago, Frey said:

13 minutes ago, Kara said:

Maybe they don't to see the band go on with Axl as the lead singer :facepalm:

Mainly because Angus is the only original/long term membr that would remain, Cliff Williams is retiring tonight, i get them, it would be basically nu!GNR: ACDC edition if they continue as ACDC.

It's not centered around Axl, it would be the same with another singer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

Mainly because Angus is the only original/long term membr that would remain, Cliff Williams is retiring tonight, i get them, it would be basically nu!GNR: ACDC edition if they continue as ACDC.

It's not centered around Axl, it would be the same with another singer.

Yeah, I can understand that. I wouldn't like it either in their place. But I'm also selfish and want Axl to stop wasting his time with ACDC.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, I can understand that. I wouldn't like it either in their place. But I'm also selfish and want Axl to stop wasting his time with ACDC.

But thx to AC/DC Axls starting to practice His vocal again, rehearsal N' somethings tht makes Him change so it was not wasting time

• Like 2

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm very lost with this one.... I don't understand most of it. English not my native tongue so while I do understand every word, the general concept I don't grasp it.

Too confusing.

Some parts I could say have to do with him not wanting the reunion? or not wanting to work with people he doesn't like?

:question:

I don't think it has anything to do with English not being your native language. It's just a very confusing and vague song.

I agree that some parts seem to refer to Axl not wanting a reunion or are his thoughts on the band in general.

I wonder who "you" is. The band itself? The public/fans? Stephanie? Slash? All the former guys in the band? All of them?

I'm gonna do this Frey style and just write what a particular line sounds like to me:

Seems like forever and a day (since the good old days when the original band existed)

Please be kind
I've done all I should. (this and the above 2 lines are basically him saying people blame him for shit when in fact he only did what he had to do)
I won't ask of you 
What I would not do. 
Oh, I saw the damage in you (the damage in the band? the band slowly breaking apart?)
My fortunate one (the one band that made it and became successfull)
The envy of youth. (they were young back then and everything was awesome and simpler than it is today)

Why would they 
Tell me to please those 
That laugh in my face (this and the above 2 lines are about Axl not wanting to please people who only make fun of him and the new band by reuniting)
When all of the reasons
They've taught us 
Fall over themselves 
To give way 

It's not a question of 
Whether my heart is true 
Streamlined
I had to pull through (this and the above 3 lines are about Axl having good intentions and
Look for a new 
Beginning on you (find a way to start over again with the band, without his former band mates this time)
Up and away
It's what I gotta do (just leave the old stuff/band all behind and rise above it)
Forgive what you have
For what you might lose. 

What would you say 
If I told you that I'm to blame (what if he admitted it was his fault that the band broke up?)
And what would you do 
If I had to deny your name (what if he talked shit about the other guys and blamed everything on them instead?)
I love you and then walked away (what if he just tells them there are no hard feelings and then just gives up the band instead and does something else?)
N' who should I turn to 
If not for the ones 
You would not save

If there were doubts you
Should be careful and unafraid (he knew they were going to make it once the 5 of them were together?)
Now they surround you 
And all that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame (now the other guys are full of doubt and unsure about what they should do and how to proceed)

So if my affections 
Are misunderstood 
And you decide 
I'm up 
To no good (similar to some lines above?)
Don't ask me to 
Enjoy them 
Just for you

Ask yourself
Why I would choose 
To prostitute myself
To live with fortune and shame (these lines are the most obvious one in the song. Why would he sell his integrity and and honor just for all the money people keep offering him?)
Oh yeah 
When you should 
Of the ones 
That you could not save (?? the fans should have instead beseeched Slash and the others to stay or should ask about their motivations and their part in this whole debacle?)

I told you 
When I found you 
All that amounts to 
Is love that you fed by
Perversion and fame (all the love people have for GNR/the old band is basically a lie, because it was built on perversion, lies and other shit fame brings with it?)

:shrugs::shrugs::shrugs:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

I can get what you're saying with the first part, but I definitely don't think his involvement with AC/DC has been a waste of his time.