GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

19 hours ago, giuls said:

Mainly because Angus is the only original/long term membr that would remain, Cliff Williams is retiring tonight, i get them, it would be basically nu!GNR: ACDC edition if they continue as ACDC.

It's not centered around Axl, it would be the same with another singer.

For a portion of fans it's about Axl as well. There are people on the AC/DC forum saying that Axl was okay for finishing the tour, but if Angus continues, they prefer him to get another singer. Their problem is mainly that Axl is a rockstar in his own right and that his trademark voice and style are so distinctive that make the band sound like an AC/DC-GnR hybrid (which doesn't feel right to them); there are also some who merely hate Axl's guts.

8 hours ago, giuls said:

About Axl/DC, the bit about the album was an invetion of the rapidfire dude, the journo never said that like @Blackstar said and @Rock Hopper would correct me if i'm wrong but as i understood reading the ACDC forum, their MO is Five years stop, album and tour so Axl could swing both.

In addition to what @Rock Hopper said, Angus is 61 and I don't think he would want to wait till he gets 65 for a new album and tour.

14 hours ago, Frey said:
14 hours ago, Kara said:

I'm all for Axl remaining with AC/DC IF that's the way it even goes and it's what Angus wants. It's all up to him at this point. However, I don't want it to get in the way of what he's got going on with Guns N Roses. THAT should be his primary concern and main focus, and as far as I can tell, it is. Having said that, I don't see how it would work seeing as how BOTH of these bands are SO huge. Eventually, he'd run into a problem with having to split his duties between both.

Exactly. Axl fronting both ACDC and GNR is not the same thing as Duff being in a couple of little bands no one has ever even heard about.

12 hours ago, stella said:

On the other hand, it seems as though the GnR tours are being designed with a lot of breaks. If it gives Axl something to do in the downtime between GnR tour legs, it could be a great thing because it could keep his voice up and keep him busy.

If they're recording in, say, England, Axl could even do his parts on the record right before or after GnR's European tour leg.

Yeah, there will probably be an at least 2 month gap between the Asian/Australian shows and the European ones (supposing that the European leg will start in late April/early May 2017), which gives enough time for recording an AXL/DC album (especially if Angus has the songs written by then) and it would be good for Axl to do that instead of spending that time without having any work to do.

Axl can find time to record with both bands if he wants to. The problem is that new albums are normally followed by a tour in a relatively short time after their release and I don't know how he would manage to do it with both bands.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mararoyce said:

I kind of like Axl/Dc's tight stage, bare minimum players and the simpler stage frim-fram. 

Aside from the giant dangly bell, the massive cannons that fire, a huge blow up fat prostitute, a great long cat walk, and a part of the ego run which raises the lead guitarist into the air, and a shit load of pyrotechnics? 

:lol:

(I'm just messing with you Mara :hug:)

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Frey said:

Knew you would like that :lol:

I can't hold my Slaxl feelings, I just can't :shrugs:

6 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Lol :rofl-lol:. Thank you , Angus!

hat.gif

Well done grandpa, take them away from him and burn them all, burn them all!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I feel really sorry for Angus Young, he's clearly got plenty left in the tank, but his whole band has crumbled around him in a short space of time. Not to mention losing his brother and main writing partner. He perhaps still doesn't know what the hell to do yet :/ 

Yeah, what happened with Malcolm is very sad and it must have been very painful for Angus. Maybe carrying on with the band has been his way to handle the situation with his brother; and he'll probably continue despite the band's falling apart.

Btw, I think it's very inappropriate of TB to give info about Angus's plans (I believe there's no doubt that they were the Brazilian journalist's source).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I feel really sorry for Angus Young, he's clearly got plenty left in the tank, but his whole band has crumbled around him in a short space of time. Not to mention losing his brother and main writing partner. He perhaps still doesn't know what the hell to do yet :/ 

Same here. My heart goes out to him right now with the decisions that have to be made regarding the future of the band. It's really all I'm thinking about because that can be so stressful for one person. 

Edited by Kara
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, what happened with Malcolm is very sad and it must have been very painful for Angus. Maybe carrying on with the band has been his way to handle the situation with his brother; and he'll probably continue despite the band's falling apart.

Btw, I think it's very inappropriate of TB to give info about Angus's plans (I believe there's no doubt that they were the Brazilian journalist's source).

Ya reckon it was them? What a freaking joke if they did. Axl needs to put them in the background and tell them to shut their mouths. Honestly, he wouldn't let it slide from anyone else. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Lol :rofl-lol:. Thank you , Angus!

hat.gif

And Axl threw his mic

^^THIS :rofl-lol:

you can tell Angus was going for it but then Axl kicked it before he could get it. Priceless! 

I'm guessing the hat flew right into the audience. Lucky fan there!

• Like 1

I heard there has been Slaxl happening in the past 24 hours. There was no way I could miss this. The Slaxl continuously proves its omnipotence and flawlessness. The Slaxl is going strong. The Slaxl will persevere. Slaxl, ladies. :wub:

Bet they showed their love for each other backstage if you know what I mean. ;)

While I'm here, I might as well add that I'm not too pleased at the prospect of Axl/DC continuing, but at least our man will continue to take over the world alongside his idol.

Edited by nonok
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, nonok said:

While I'm here, I might as well add that I'm not too pleased at the prospect of Axl/DC continuing, but at least our man will continue to take over the world alongside his idol.

Same.

Slash going to see Axl on his own is sweet, but I'm too annoyed by the recent AC/DC news right now to really be happy about it.

Because I'm too much of a pessimistic and skeptical bitch to see a positive side in this.

All I'm seeing is Axl burning himself out with too much going on (because I agree with whoever said that fronting two of the biggest rock bands on the planet can't be compared to Duff's little side projects or whatever), Slash sooner or later getting annoyed by Axl prioritizing AC/DC over Guns which is going to lead to unnecessary tension and potential drama in the long run and us getting an Axl/DC album before we're getting a new Guns album. Which is really going to piss me off because I don't care about AC/DC or Axl/DC and all I want is new music from my band.

Blergh. And Fernando's dumb comment on facebook pissed me off too (right along with his awful grammar). It's no surprise TB pushes for Axl/DC to continue (they probably encouraged him to do so), because they're already seeing the dollar signs, just like @Andy14 illustrated.

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

story1.jpg

Very accurate.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kira said:
7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Man, there's a whole lotta rosie in Slashs pic! He made damn sure he got all of her in the frame didn't he? :lol:

Apparently, he likes that sort of thing, lol.

Yeah, I bet Rosie is right up Slash's alley. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Same.

Slash going to see Axl on his own is sweet, but I'm too annoyed by the recent AC/DC news right now to really be happy about it.

Because I'm too much of a pessimistic and skeptical bitch to see a positive side in this.

All I'm seeing is Axl burning himself out with too much going on (because I agree with whoever said that fronting two of the biggest rock bands on the planet can't be compared to Duff's little side projects or whatever), Slash sooner or later getting annoyed by Axl prioritizing AC/DC over Guns which is going to lead to unnecessary tension and potential drama in the long run and us getting an Axl/DC album before we're getting a new Guns album. Which is really going to piss me off because I don't care about AC/DC or Axl/DC and all I want is new music from my band.

Blergh. And Fernando's dumb comment on facebook pissed me off too (right along with his awful grammar). It's no surprise TB pushes for Axl/DC to continue (they probably encouraged him to do so), because they're already seeing the dollar signs, just like @Andy14 illustrated.

Well, Beta's grandchildren are going to need big houses and expensive cars too one day, doncha know?

:vomit:

Edited by Frey