GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

17 hours ago, Rock Hopper said:

Angus actually played with GnR at Coachella this year.

Come on, do you seriously believe I don't know that? I'm talking about simply going to the concert as a spectator, just to show your support or express an interest in the band. To my knowledge Angus has never done that, at least not with this incarnation of Guns. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nonok said:

Come on, do you seriously believe I don't know that? I'm talking about simply going to the concert as a spectator, just to show your support or express an interest in the band. To my knowledge Angus has never done that, at least not with this incarnation of Guns. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Maybe he'll go when they get to Australia, or when they go to Europe where he has homes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Those are the same people that said guns n roses are booked for download festival and the other headliner is Aerosmith :awesomeface: apparently they were going to announce it about a week ago. Andy says its bullshit. 

I check Andy Coppings Twitter every day, since he was at the London AC/DC show, I was hoping he could get both of them to play. Perfect for me seeing as I only live ten minutes away from Donington but not been for a few years. Only to the super bikes and racing every year. 

There was a rumour that GnR was going to be headlining Glasto as well, haven't been there in years, it was a real mud bath.  Now it's full of green wellies and teepees

• Like 1

Other members of AC/DC went though, Chris did and Stevie. Malcolm's son too. 

Angus did give Axl the guitar necklace, had him a personalised mic stand made, went to a party for Axl (which is not at all normal for Angus) and hugged him on stage in front of the world. 

Maybe he was busy sorting AC/DC business or maybe he just didn't want the inevitable fuss and attention him going to a huge guns show would bring him. :shrugs:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

There was a rumour that GnR was going to be headlining Glasto as well, haven't been there in years, it was a real mud bath.  Now it's full of green wellies and teepees

Aerosmith though :lol: I would actually die I think if I got to see them. I've had tickets twice, once for 2010 Download fest when they headlined along side AC/DC, bought tickets way in advance and couldn't go cos I didn't know I was pregnant when I bought them and then didn't want to risk it, gave the tickets to my sister and the little horror didn't bother going to see AC/DC ? 

Another time Aerosmith cancelled. I don't think I'd ever come back from a festival headlined by AC/DC, Aerosmith and GnR :lol:

Im still praying guns don't do glasto. Please no!! 

@Andy14 :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: I like the names you gave the snakes. And poor Duff probably really feels that way.

@tiutso That picture of Grace... I have no idea. Maybe having snot all over your face is punk rock or something? :shrugs: I went wtf too when I saw that one.

22 hours ago, nonok said:

Hmm, now that you mention it, I guess I'm not just unhappy, but super pissed off. I'm not an AC/DC fan, they could've retired 40 years ago and I wouldn't care in the slightest, but Axl focusing on recording with them is just... :facepalm: Why, Angus? Why can't you just let what remains of your band die gracefully? Why ruin another band, the best band in the world, by hogging its frontman? Why?! Argh, what the fuck Axl? Go record with your soulmate, you idiot. :anger:

I also wanna add that Slash has seen Axl with AC/DC twice now (all while managing his own busy schedule and appearances), while Angus has never seen GNR live as far as I know, or at least not the latest incarnation. It's pretty blatant who's Axl's friend and who sees him as just another fill-in.

Yes. I think Angus should retire too. Or start up some other project if he feels not ready yet. This would basically be creating a NuGNR situation only with AC/DC. And NuGNR sucked and was hated for the most part and the same will happen with NuAC/DC. And as a GNR fan I especially don't like the idea of him hogging our frontman for this, like you said.

10 hours ago, tiutso said:

For anyone who's not on Reddit, today this was posted in the comments of a thread about allegedly real stories that sounds like outright lies:

"similar vein to musicians, not me, but my dad always tells this story.

My parents used to be part of a bowling league in Lafayette (they both went to purdue) and Axel rose used to come in a lot. He was born in Indiana and still living there at the time, I think this was the late 70's or early 80's (so he would have been in his 20's?) and before he was part of guns and roses. My dad said the dude was kind of annoying and always having issues with the police for stupid shit, kind of seen as a deadbeat. Well one time he was at the bowling place and sitting/talking with my dads group for a bit, after he got up he went to the bar and ordered either a bunch of food or drinks and told the bartender my dad had said "it was on him". He bounces without saying bye and later my dad gets the bill with all this shit on it. Every time my dad saw him after that Axl would always have some shit excuse for paying him back, why he did it, and that he would pay him back plus more at another time, it became a running joke, my dad said they would always be like "hey W, I'm increasing the vig if you dont pay, or you can make payments if you need to", always blowing him shit.

I think my dad said something about everyone just calling him "W", as his birth name was William/billy and he didn't start going by "Axl" until in bands".
So anyway fast forward to the late 80's and my parents still bowled from time to time. G&R was getting huge and one night the entire band comes into the bowling alley, I think they were playing in Indy the next day and decided to stop back. Well my dad wanted his fucking money, goes up to them and Axl remembers him, asks how it's going and what not. So my dad kind of jokingly busts his balls for not paying him back, axl flat out denies it, but it was such a half assed "nah bro, that aint me" type of denial.

So the night goes on, everyone wanting autographs, place is packed, everyone's drinking, my dad still blowing axl shit and I guess the band is making fun of Axl at this point too, my dads also still calling him W and Axl was getting pissed, making everyone make fun of Axl even more. So anyway Axl gets up and tells my dad that if he can beat him in a game of bowling he will give him $100 on this supposed tab he left on my dad to pay. I think my dad said he was pretty trashed, and my dad's pretty good at bowling (always in the mid 200's), so says sure.
So Axl gets up and gutter balls the first roll, like bad. Next one same thing, said he looked dizzy and basically threw it in the gutter, like didn't even get halfway down the lane. So the band and everyone else around is dying laughing and I guess Axl was getting mad, so he said something like he needs everyone to be quiet so he can concentrate. So one of the other band members does a super sarcastic "shhhh guys, he needs to conectrate" while laughing, so they all get quite and he fucking throws a strike. No worries must be luck, another strike, then another. Axl rose, hammered, proceeded to throw all strikes, one spare and then three strikes to close it out. Ended up almost getting a 250, dad had 230 and lost."

2 hours ago, giuls said:

About the bowling story, i dont know if i believe that because i never heard him being called W in Lafayette, only Bill/Billy but it's a funny story, him striking again and again while wasted.

Angus is pocket size.

I could see this being true. Sounds like Axl. And I have heard of Axl going by just W. I remember someone saying that some days he would be Bill, others just W, other days Axl,... no one knew what to even call him lol.

Also my money is on either Duff or Izzy for making that sarcastic comment. Duff apparently liked throwing snarky comments at Axl back then ("Nice hair, dude!") and Izzy was the most sarcastic and sharp-tongued little asshole in the whole band going by old interviews :lol:

But either way, Axl showed them, I guess :P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nonok said:

To be fair to Angus, he did give him a gift and this would be like saying that Richard or Melissa don't support Axl because they didn't go to see ACDC, They're employees like Axl is in ACDC meanwhile with Duff and Slash is a different story, we could speculate about the nature of their relationship but it's not solely a co-worker relationship, if only for the bulk of history between them.

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I could see this being true. Sounds like Axl. And I have heard of Axl going by just W. I remember someone saying that some days he would be Bill, others just W, other days Axl,... no one knew what to even call him lol.

Also my money is on either Duff or Izzy for making that sarcastic comment. Duff apparently liked throwing snarky comments at Axl back then ("Nice hair, dude!") and Izzy was the most sarcastic and sharp-tongued little asshole in the whole band going by old interviews :lol:

But either way, Axl showed them, I guess :P

I remember the quote saying William, not W but it's a fun story and i vote for Izzy being the sarcastic little shit.

• Like 1

Axl Rose & Dave Grohl Tell Bloody Biker Bar Story: 'Medical Attention Was Needed'

Axl was commenting on how he had been working on the back line to smile a little more. 

:lol: He's trying:wub: 

Btw wonder if He lurks this forum again :smiley-confused2:

Axl said that Angus had told them that went back to the club days when they played biker bars, the rhythm and bass guitarists had to stand back with the drummer so they wouldn’t get hit with bottles that the bikers threw.

Angus said that’s what got him running around so much onstage, too: dodging bottles.

:rofl-lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, giuls said:

I remember the quote saying William, not W but it's a fun story and i vote for Izzy being the sarcastic little shit.

I just checked and the original quote says neither William nor W, just Bill and Axl lol. Wikipedia claims Axl used to refer to himself as "W. Rose" though and only became Axl after moving to L.A.

And yeah I think Izzy is the most likely candidate as well hahaha.

More hilarity from AltNation:

Axl’s generosity and good humor made this an absolute highlight in our family’s lives. Talking to him backstage, hearing his humor and feeling his kindness to us only magnified my respect for the man. And his performance was out of this world. He really did get the job done. It’s incredible how, in picking Axl to front the band, AC/DC picked up where they left off, without missing a beat. He was both true to himself and true to AC/DC. I’m blown away.”

AlternativeNation.net was also told that Axl Rose’s manager Beta Lebeis, and her son Fernando, were class acts. Beta checked with Greice to make sure she and her party were okay because the concert was so loud, and had earplugs delivered to them.

Axl Rose’s reign as the king of rock in 2016 continues.

Did TB pay AltNation to write this or something? :rofl-lol:

I mean I'm glad to hear Axl was on his best behavior, but "AlternativeNation.net was also told that Axl Rose’s manager Beta Lebeis, and her son Fernando, were class acts" and "Axl Rose’s reign as the king of rock in 2016 continues."?

:facepalm::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

The quote about smiling was funny, it isn't really working, Axl :rofl-lol:

I see a distint lack of Slash stories, i think it was deemed inaproppiate to share stories about Slash pissing himself :rofl-lol:

It's good he was being nice to the family and they thought he was great, the ear plugs was actually a nice gesture.

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

:wow: Dave Grohl hangs around with Axl Rose :wow:

2016 is a weird year for sure. 

Right? How times change indeed

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Axl’s generosity and good humor made this an absolute highlight in our family’s lives. Talking to him backstage, hearing his humor and feeling his kindness to us only magnified my respect for the man. And his performance was out of this world. He really did get the job done. It’s incredible how, in picking Axl to front the band, AC/DC picked up where they left off, without missing a beat. He was both true to himself and true to AC/DC. I’m blown away.”

AlternativeNation.net was also told that Axl Rose’s manager Beta Lebeis, and her son Fernando, were class acts. Beta checked with Greice to make sure she and her party were okay because the concert was so loud, and had earplugs delivered to them.

Axl Rose’s reign as the king of rock in 2016 continues.

"AlternativeNation.net was also told that Axl Rose’s manager Beta Lebeis, and her son Fernando, were class acts"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nando and his mommy are seriously over-estimating their importance and popularity if they think anyone cares, when most people who will read that article are going to have no clue who the fuck they are.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

"AlternativeNation.net was also told that Axl Rose’s manager Beta Lebeis, and her son Fernando, were class acts"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Nando and his mommy are seriously over-estimating their importance and popularity if they think anyone cares, when most people who will read that article are going to have no clue who the fuck they are.

Pretty much this

11 minutes ago, giuls said:

About the Erin/Meegan/Slash debacle, tumblr user styxrose tells us that Meegan also unfollowed Erin but i don't know what comes before, if first Erin unfollowed Meegan or Meegan unfollowed Erin first.

I still wonder what happened between them.....

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They're setting up all this crappy "charity" work for one of their little mates who is obviously trying to make a tv show out of it for herself. If they wanted to do something cool, then find people who are huge fans or like that fan that was too ill to go and do something for them. 

Its all very fucking inner circle , low class celebrity circuit piss up on champagne freak show bullshit. 

Makes me wanna puke! 

Its pretty cringe worthy. 

• Like 1