GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 hours ago, Padme said:

All? Wow!!! :o

I don't know how IG works. But I know that, at least in recent past, from time to time she used to close or hide her FB account. No reason given, just gone. Then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, everything was back again.

What I'm saying is that her IG may be up a running again in the near future. If she is following the same patron. As I said before so far her FB page is still there with all the Axl pictures and videos.

I think IG works differently. You can deactivate your profile, but if you do that no one will be able to find you. Once you reactivate it, all your posts will be shown again. Erin's profile is active, she just has no posts.  Also, you can set your profile to private (which she has done) and other people have to send a request to follow you. But you cannot really hide your posts from your followers. 

If you are not following her, you are still able to see the number of posts and followers she has.

Edited by _Mia_
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, giuls said:

The follow up question of the "especially with Slash" 1992 interview always cracks me up

INTERVIEW: But a band is like a multiple marriage, right?

AXL: Yeah, it's kinda like a marriage and a half. Or a marriage and a household.

Axl was like no, i'm married only to Slash, the others are part of the household :lol:

As we say in Czech fairytales: the princess and half the kingdom :wub: :popcorn:

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Maybe now after years of distance he thinks that the relationship was more charged that a normal friendship and he downplays it because he cant explain to himself it was so complicated?

Axl doesn't give a fuck, he compared it to a marriage (it was a divorce) in 2000 during the rolling stone interview 

This is a good point and I tend to agree with it.

Axl has always been pretty open and honest about his feelings, no matter what it made him look like (though he doesn't talk about them in public much anymore these days...), but Slash is a guy who's very concerned about his image and likes to "look cool". Having a weirdly charged and intense relationship with your crazy lead singer was probably kind of embarrassing to Slash in hindsight. Especially because Axl was talking a lot of shit about Slash during these years which probably hurt Slash's pride (not to mention his feelings), so he tried to downplay everything for that reason too.

(But as soon as they were talking to each other again, Slash also started saying nice things about Axl again. Not on the same level as back then, but at least he said some stuff about how Axl is one of his top 3 best frontmen of all time, how Axl is incredibly intelligent and talented, etc... :awesomeface:)

1 hour ago, giuls said:

@Lumikki i have this two quote about Slaxl as a marriage, both by Axl

INTERVIEW: Do you think that having a relationship with a band, has to do with the same things as having a relationship with a person?

AXL: Yes, l think so. Especially with Slash and it’s definitely a marriage ( 1992)

Slash’s name pops up repeatedly, invoked in a way that suggests a shellshocked husband speaking of an ex-wife after a particularly horrific divorce. “It is a divorce,” Rose says with a sad stare.  (Rolling Stone, 2000)

That sentence always makes me sad, because I can see it very clearly.

There's also this quote of Slash (from his book interestingly enough, because it goes against other things he says in there) comparing his break-up with Axl to his divorce with Renee:

Slash on splitting with Axl and divorce: In retrospect, it’s kind of interesting that I suddenly had disconnected with the two most long-term, closest relationships I had had up to that point, just a matter of months apart. (....)

Yes, very interesting, Slash, but what I think is even more interesting is that Axl apparently was one of only two people that Slash had his "most long-term and closest relationships" with at that point.

On the same level as his wife. Can't get much closer and higher on the list than that.

And another quote from Slash comparing his break-up with Axl to his divorce from Renee  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=34

I couldn’t go on like that. It just appeared obvious to me that I had to leave, it was a question of survival. It’s been four years already… I haven’t talked to Axl since. Now that I think about it, I remember I divorced at about the same time ! (laughs) Let’s say I went through a difficult period of my life.

So that's four marriage/divorce analogies already (and by both of them!) :P

EDIT: No it's actually five times they've compared their relationship to a marriage/divorce, since I forgot to count the Snakepit story @Asia mentioned. :lol:

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

They are trying to tell Us tht  actually back then They're really get married :awesomeface: N' almost have Their Own house :awesomeface:

That story about Axl wanting to move in with Slash and them going house shopping together will always be one of my favorite Slaxl tidbits lol.

Makes me sad for Axl though, if he really was as excited about it as described. Must have been a huge disappointment for him when Slash backed out at the last moment.:wacko:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, dgnr said:

So is Ms. Kim Kardashian and the husband :smiley-confused2:

kim.jpg

kanye.jpg

Husband?  All i see is 2 bitches.

To be fair to the insufferable prick though its more than plausible that hes a GnR fan.  Hip Hop DJs have to have a very wide musical knowledge for their job, i was suprised to discover he's a Stone Roses fan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Imagining thin N' androgynous Axl like on WTTJ video when He get off from bus wearing dress

Axl used to be so girly and androgynous looking that he got harrassed by random guys even without a dress. If he'd actually worn women's clothes it would have been ten times worse even.

And if even Slash somehow managed to pass as a woman and got hit on by a lot of guys that one time he went out dressed like a chick, Axl would definitely have attracted a lot of attention.

(Hell, even I think Axl looks like a cute chick in some of these really old pictures and I'm not someone who's into other dudes lol.)

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

Axl used to be so girly and androgynous looking that he got harrassed by random guys even without a dress. If he'd actually worn women's clothes it would have been ten times worse even.

And if even Slash somehow managed to pass as a woman and got hit on by a lot of guys that one time he went out dressed like a chick, Axl would definitely have attracted a lot of attention.

(Hell, even I think Axl looks like a cute chick in some of these really old pictures and I'm not someone who's into other dudes lol.)

Which one? Cause even tho I know He's androgynous N' looks girly but I always hard to see Him as a girl

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

This is a good point and I tend to agree with it.

Axl has always been pretty open and honest about his feelings, no matter what it made him look like (though he doesn't talk about them in public much anymore these days...), but Slash is a guy who's very concerned about his image and likes to "look cool". Having a weirdly charged and intense relationship with your crazy lead singer was probably kind of embarrassing to Slash in hindsight. Especially because Axl was talking a lot of shit about Slash during these years which probably hurt Slash's pride (not to mention his feelings), so he tried to downplay everything for that reason too.

(But as soon as they were talking to each other again, Slash also started saying nice things about Axl again. Not on the same level as back then, but at least he said some stuff about how Axl is one of his top 3 best frontmen of all time, how Axl is incredibly intelligent and talented, etc... :awesomeface:)

That sentence always makes me sad, because I can see it very clearly.

There's also this quote of Slash (from his book interestingly enough, because it goes against other things he says in there) comparing his break-up with Axl to his divorce with Renee:

Slash on splitting with Axl and divorce: In retrospect, it’s kind of interesting that I suddenly had disconnected with the two most long-term, closest relationships I had had up to that point, just a matter of months apart. (....)

Yes, very interesting, Slash, but what I think is even more interesting is that Axl apparently was one of only two people that Slash had his "most long-term and closest relationships" with at that point.

On the same level as his wife. Can't get much closer and higher on the list than that.

And another quote from Slash comparing his break-up with Axl to his divorce from Renee  http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=34

I couldn’t go on like that. It just appeared obvious to me that I had to leave, it was a question of survival. It’s been four years already… I haven’t talked to Axl since. Now that I think about it, I remember I divorced at about the same time ! (laughs) Let’s say I went through a difficult period of my life.

So that's four marriage/divorce analogies already (and by both of them!) :P

EDIT: No it's actually five times they've compared their relationship to a marriage/divorce, since I forgot to count the Snakepit story @Asia mentioned. :lol:

Yes, i think he's more moderated now about his statement about Axl because when they  got talking again it could still explode in his face and then how would he look like?

But he slipped with the like on the flop Dj Ashba tatoo photo, it was an act of passive-aggressive possessiveness (MY band, MY singer) :lol:

About the quotes in pink, the only think i can say it's "but we aren't soulmates or anything" :awesomeface:

• Like 1