GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, Asia said:

He's got hair pretty much like me except that I have much more hair which makes things even worse. This type of hair will come in all different forms depnding on what you do with them. If you just wash it in any shampoo and leave it to dry, it will look horrible, will be all wavy, partly curly, partly straight, pointed in all directions and frizzy as hell. If you wash it in a good straightening shampoo and use a good conditioner and then blow dry them on a brush they will be pretty straight and nice, of course you can also use the straightener and it will be straight and nice too.

Anyway I don't need to change much to have completely different hair from one time to another. Probably same goes for Axl.

As for the mugshot: to me that guy looks nothing like him - different shape of face, completely different lips. The high school Axl is 100% Axl even though it's even earlier, the mugshot Axl looks so much like a different person I have serious doubts if it is him.

Your hair sounds exactly like mine :lol: But yeah, I agree.

I'm pretty sure it's Axl in both of these mugshots though for all the reasons Frey mentioned. I think it's just a weird picture of him and he's pushing hit bottom lip out a bit.

5 hours ago, dgnr said:

All these pics @Lumikki and I just realised that my hair looks so much like his, it's scary haha

So, talking for experience, I used to hate my hair, because it's thin, almost no volume and it's not that much, but as soon as I changed hairdresser and he told me what to do I'm ok with it now haha

1- So he always must have had my kinda hair - on front he just has like a layer and that's why he needs the bangs, or the bangs cut shorter than the rest. If they are at the same size as the rest of the hair or let's say passing the cheeks, he's screwed. Because the hair will start to waving not in a beautiful way and curling to the back, ending up showing that there's no hair beside the first layer, exactly like in these pics.

2 - So the secret is, Axl: always cut the bangs in maximum by the size of your eyes, but ideally passing a little bit of your eyebrows, that way they will behave and your hair will look nice like in these.

3 - About the curling, well, the shorter the hair is the curlier and wavier it will be. But the secret in this is: DON'T LET IT DRY NATURALLY. Just get off the shower, comb it, the bangs to the front of your forehead, now just use the hairdryer, you don't need a brush or anything, just dry it normally. When it's done comb it again, the bangs to the back. It will work.

4 - I know you read this thread, Mr. Rose, so if you need more tips, just call me :P

Yes. He should hire us as his stylists and advisors and he'd look even better :max:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The year on the first picture must be wrong. Besides the different haircut and clothing style, Axl looks younger there than in the mug shot, which is certain that it was taken in 1980. Moreover, Axl must have dropped high school by 1980.

Yes, I'm doubtful about that picture really being from 1980 as well for the reasons you mentioned. But he does look a bit older than in the other picture of him wearing that flower shirt and I thought that while it might not be a school picture anymore, it could be some kind of other group situation maybe (though he probably wasn't doing choir or church activities or whatever by the time he was 18 either...).

You're most likely right though. But if that musghot is from 1980 he wasn't exactly looking too hot there either yet imo, so the point still stands :P

(How do we know again that that mugshot is from 1980 btw? Did the guy say so in the article or in one of his blog posts? I can't read the numbers on the little board he's holding.)

39 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe one of Axl's crazy moments, ie the good ones he liked, not the ones that were driving him crazier than Axl :lol:

Or maybe a moment like this:

gnrdetroit5.gif

Yeah I can see the similarity in the expression between here and the picture Slash liked :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I think it's time to choose a cheesy song for this love story... One that they both listen and scream 'awww, that's our song'

Against All Odds by Phil Collins. It can't get more cheesy than that.  

The songs should be duets. :hug: I vote for these:

1. I Got you Babe

[:axl92::] They say we're young and we don't know 
We won't find out until we grow 
[:slash::] Well I don't know if all that's true 
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you 

[:axl92::] Babe 
[:axl92::slash::] I got you babe I got you babe 

2. Stumblin In

Wherever you go, whatever you do
You know these reckless thoughts of mine are following you
I'm falling for you, whatever you do
'Cos baby you've shown me so many things that I never knew
Whatever it takes, baby I'll do it for you

3. Something Stupid

Then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like I love you

4. Say Say Say

Say, say, say what you want
But don't play games with my affection
Take, take, take what you need
But don't leave me with no direction

All alone, I sit home by the phone
Waiting for you, baby
Through the years
How can you stand to hear
My pleading for you dear?
You know I'm crying ooh ooh ooh ooh

PS 1: Now it's Angus's turn again :smiley-confused2:

PS 2: All the people shitting on our thread will love this discussion :popcorn:

• Like 4

Sorry girls, but I just found the song. I don't think it's cheesy though, but it fits like a glove.

3 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

PS 2: All the people shitting on our thread will love this discussion :popcorn:

I know ;)

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

I so picture Axl pre-reunion in a dark room, with a glass of red wine in his hand, looking at Slash pics and videos and love letters, crying and listening to this song :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giuls said:
2 hours ago, dgnr said:

awww my Slaxl heart :wub: The caption' Found this pic yesterday and fell in love all over again! ', we all know he thought 'OMG this is so me' :heart:

i AWWWWED really, really hard, how cute :hug:

Cattura di schermata (16).png

That's just so... I have no words.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

44 minutes ago, dgnr said:

I think it's time to choose a cheesy song for this love story... One that they both listen and scream 'awww, that's our song'

Back And Forth Again? :ph34r::ph34r:

:P

You drove me crazy and I let you (doesn't this line remind you of a cartain Slash quote? lol)
Come do it some more
Put the past to bed
We've done it before

And it was strangely prophetic too:

And I know you're gonna call (indeed :heart:)
'Cause you know just where I'll be
Once you come and find me here
I'll be happy for me

So happy to be not alone anymore
We've done it before

P.S: I'm out of likes, but I love everyone's song suggestions :lol:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, I'm doubtful about that picture really being from 1980 as well for the reasons you mentioned. But he does look a bit older than in the other picture of him wearing that flower shirt and I thought that while it might not be a school picture anymore, it could be some kind of other group situation maybe (though he probably wasn't doing choir or church activities or whatever by the time he was 18 either...).

You're most likely right though. But if that musghot is from 1980 he wasn't exactly looking too hot there either yet imo, so the point still stands :P

(How do we know again that that mugshot is from 1980 btw? Did the guy say so in the article or in one of his blog posts? I can't read the numbers on the little board he's holding.)

Yeah, it definitely looks like there is at least 2 year age difference between the two pictures of him wearing the same shirt. Maybe he was 14-15 in the first picture and 16-17 in the second. Most of the other kids in the second look younger than 18 as well and their clothes are of late 70s fashion (the flares one of them is wearing was out of fashion in 1980).

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/IMG_2389_2.jpg~original      http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/3490235689_cc611be72a.jpg~original

About the mug shot, yeah, the guy who wrote the GQ article said so:

I went to the city cops. They've mellowed along with the town. In fact, they were friendly. They found and processed the negatives of some heretofore unknown mug shots for me, from '80 and '82

I read the numbers on it as 7/20/80.

axmug80.jpg

Edited by Blackstar

45 minutes ago, Padme said:

This one's got the perfect lyrics and a high cheese factor, yes :rofl-lol: Also voting for La Vie En Rose and Back And Forth Again

Other grand suggestions (I'm just pulling these out of my ass :awesomeface:)

Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon

And ever as I wander, I'm keeping you in sight
You're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night
And I'm getting closer than I every thought I might

Coz, I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I've started fighting for
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars forever

Coz, I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I've started fighting for
And if I have to play Sorry live on stage crawl upon the floor
Or come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore

All Out of Love - Air Supply

I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
Thinking of you till it hurts
I know you're hurt too but what else can we do?
Tormented and torn apart
I wish I could carry your smile in my heart
For times when my life seems so low
It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring
When today doesn't really know, doesn't really know

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you?
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher

I don't know why I did the things I did
I don't know why I said the things I said
Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes
I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't wanna see you go
I know I made you cry, but Baby

If I could turn back time
If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that have hurt you
And you'd stay
If I could reach the stars
I'd give them all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do
(If I could turn back time)

My world was shattered, I was torn apart
Like someone took a knife
And drove it deep in my heart
When you walked out that door
I swore that I didn't care
But I lost every thing darling then and there
Too strong to tell you I was sorry
Too proud to tell you I was wrong
I know that I was blind, and darling

If I could turn back time, ohh Baby

3 hours ago, Frey said:

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher

I don't know why I did the things I did
I don't know why I said the things I said
Pride's like a knife, it can cut deep inside
Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes
I didn't really mean to hurt you
I didn't wanna see you go
I know I made you cry, but Baby

If I could find a way
I'd take back those words that have hurt you
And you'd stay
If I could reach the stars
I'd give them all to you
Then you'd love me, love me
Like you used to do

My world was shattered, I was torn apart
Like someone took a knife
And drove it deep in my heart
When you walked out that door
I swore that I didn't care
But I lost every thing darling then and there
Too strong to tell you I was sorry
Too proud to tell you I was wrong
I know that I was blind, and darling

If I could turn back time, ohh Baby

Oh man, All these Slaxl thing :drool: Axl showing His love on stage, Slash showing His love off stage 

That song perfect for Slash when He was drunk on Axl's house (with adding the rain) :awesomeface::thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kara said:

Can anyone confirm this is Axl? It's all over IG that it's him but I wasn't sure..

image.jpeg

100% not Axl and his mom. Apart from the fact that it's clearly a picture of modern day baby and his mom (the pacifier chain, baby jeans jacket, baby sling, etc.), the original source of the picture is the blog of the baby's father.

And that father is just a random young guy who has nothing whatsoever to do with GNR or Axl, who likes to post pictures of his family.

The baby is actually named Axl though, iirc. But that's all.

Here's a list of other commonly mislabeled pictures (including this one): Fake pictures and here's the Tumblr version (has more explanations).

If you see people spreading pictures like this one (or the others) around, claiming they're Axl, Axl's mom or whatever, feel free to correct them. Mislabeled pictures annoy the hell out of me for some reason.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, it definitely looks like there is at least 2 year age difference between the two pictures of him wearing the same shirt. Maybe he was 14-15 in the first picture and 16-17 in the second. Most of the other kids in the second look younger than 18 as well and their clothes are of late 70s fashion (the flares one of them is wearing was out of fashion in 1980).

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/IMG_2389_2.jpg~original      http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/lilgunners/3490235689_cc611be72a.jpg~original

About the mug shot, yeah, the guy who wrote the GQ article said so:

I went to the city cops. They've mellowed along with the town. In fact, they were friendly. They found and processed the negatives of some heretofore unknown mug shots for me, from '80 and '82

I read the numbers on it as 7/20/80.

axmug80.jpg

Thanks for reminding me.

And yeah, you're right, 14-15 in the first picture and 16-17 in the second seems like the most plausible option.

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
22 minutes ago, dgnr said:

No!! Now Slash won't be liking any more Axl pics. 

Yes. God, I hate AltNation so much.

I didn't even know who they were until they quoted me and made 2 or 3 dumb articles out of me meeting Axl and Angus/Angus' wife.

I was already pissed off about this then, and they've only gotten worse since.

Considering how reluctanct Slash already is when it comes to talking about Axl and their relationship, shit like this is only going to make things worse.

Hopefully Slash doesn't see it.

:anger:

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 3