GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I think Slash had said something along the lines of "It has nothing to do with Axl, I didn't write it, Ozzy wrote it inspired by his own experiences with other musicians". Then Ozzy said something like "I wrote it inspired by what happened with Slash and Axl" :lol:

So, I wonder who Ozzy and Slash are going to sit bitching about at their little tea parties now? 

Probably Sharon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frey said:

I don't get that part. Who was Duff talking about there? Slash? All the other guys in the band?

What exactly are you talking about/picturing here?

All I'm seeing in my mind after reading that sentence are psycho thriller-like scenes (maybe mixed with some dramatic chickflick moments) and it's both horrifying and hilarious :lol:

Nothing dramatic, just Axl very unsubtly insinuating that Slash doesn't love him and he's gonna leave while Slash tries to  reassure him (while sighing on the inside, but only inside because if Axl sees he's going to get angry that Slash's lying in Axl's mind).

And Slash's trying to talk to him but Axl freaks out because he thinks Slash's leaving the band, they never actually talk because Slash's too busy consoling Axl.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I think Slash had said something along the lines of "It has nothing to do with Axl, I didn't write it, Ozzy wrote it inspired by his own experiences with other musicians". Then Ozzy said something like "I wrote it inspired by what happened with Slash and Axl" :lol:

I never read Slash's quote, only the Ozzy's one, omg, it's such a bad lie, i wonder WHAT we're talking about when talking about Guns jammed by Roses, i wonder if there's a band with a similar logo, hmmm :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

ringe indeed. Considering Slash's lyrical "prowess" on the Snakepit songs, him actually being the one who penned CtD seems like a pretty good bet to me.

(I'd say he even got worse in that case, instead of better. I find none of the Snakepit lyrics as cringeworthy as the CtD ones).

If "Sorry" is solely about Slash (I'm not convinced that it is), the conclusion is that bitterness and anger at each other haven't been much of an inspiration to either of them :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Nothing dramatic, just Axl very unsubtly insinuating that Slash doesn't love him and he's gonna leave while Slash tries to  reassure him (while sighing on the inside, but only inside because if Axl sees he's going to get angry that Slash's lying in Axl's mind).

And Slash's trying to talk to him but Axl freaks out because he thinks Slash's leaving the band, they never actually talk because Slash's too busy consoling Axl.

Did Axl ever seem afraid of Slash leaving before he actually left? I can't think of anything indicating that at the moment. I always had the impression that Axl was pretty shocked when Slash left.

Also your explanation didn't actually help :P I'm still seeing something awful like this in my mind:

Axl (with suspiciously shiny and wet eyes): I thought you'd agree with me on this one, Slash? Why are you being so stubborn about this? Don't you care about our band anymore?

Slash (sighing internally): Of course I care. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with you on everything.

Axl (with actual tears in his eyes now): You always used to agree with me on everything. You're just being stubborn to be an ass. Why are you doing that to me? Don't you care about me anymore?

Slash (internal sighing becomes external sighing): Of course I care about you. /awkwardly pets Axl's head

Axl (with an angry expression appearing on his face): You're lying! You're always lying! You don't love me! You never did!

Slash (cringing): Of course I love you. /awkward petting continues

Axl (sobbing now): I don't believe you. Sooner or later you're gonna leave. Just like Izzy and everyone else.

Slash (thinking he hasn't got enought JD in him to deal with this shit): It's the truth. I love you and I'm never gonna leave you.

Axl (looking at Slash with teary eyes): Promise?

Slash (sighing internally again): Yes, I promise to never leave.

[Many years later]

...cancer! ...to me you're dead!... soul-less imposter!... all axl's fault!... better removed and avoided!... loaded gun jammed by a rose!... just shut up and sing!... liar!... control freak!... pedo supporter!... power hungry!... you like to hurt me, you know that you do!... sell-out!... not in this lifetime!

--------------------------------

Good thing I don't write movies or TV shows, they'de be the worst and most cliched ones ever :P

57 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If "Sorry" is solely about Slash (I'm not convinced that it is), the conclusion is that bitterness and anger at each other haven't been much of an inspiration to either of them :lol:

I think Sorry is about Slash, but also about the public (the media and the fans). These two things seem to be pretty entwined in Axl's mind anyway, since he blamed Slash a lot for his own bad reputation and the public's perception of him.

But yeah, I agree :lol: (though I much prefer Sorry compared to CtD). Maybe they should try writing songs full of positive emotions about their recently re-discovered love for each other instead lol.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 4

You know it's funny, because CTD, when I first listened to it I thought, wow weird guitar playing by Slash, sounds like Sorry. I know it's meant to be a Sabbath-ish/Ozzy-ish sound, but it really does sound quite similar. 

I don't think that's conincidental. As in Slash heard Sorry, and he knows who that is about and CTD is his response to that. And it probably did get as petty as Slash telling Ozzy and asking him to help write the lyrics. 

@Frey i was thinking less tears, less awkward hair petting and more "talking about the band but really talking about us" and "i dont care but inside i really do" attidude.

And i dont have anedocticall reason but im speculating based on Axl wearing his heart on his sleeve and by the interviews where he seems self-aware about his unstableness, i think he would be afraid that he was driving people away and he would check on them.

@MillionsOfSpiders i cant listen to the songs right now but i can totally believe this level of pettiness by Slash tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You know it's funny, because CTD, when I first listened to it I thought, wow weird guitar playing by Slash, sounds like Sorry. I know it's meant to be a Sabbath-ish/Ozzy-ish sound, but it really does sound quite similar. 

I don't think that's conincidental. As in Slash heard Sorry, and he knows who that is about and CTD is his response to that. And it probably did get as petty as Slash telling Ozzy and asking him to help write the lyrics.

That wouldn't surprise me at all :lol: They're petty assholes like that and obsessively listen to each other's new music, read each other's books, interviews, etc., so they know that the message would come across as intended.

BTW, I've had "More than a feeling" stuck in my head ever since you suggested it for the Slaxl song discussion. And I can't get rid of it. It's all your fault :max::P

12 hours ago, Lumikki said:
19 hours ago, Asia said:

By fucked I meant literally fucked and literally one another. That they liked doing it to others together is another story and I'm pretty sure it was the case. ;) Definitely there's a fine line here somewhere that is not so easy to define when you speak about it, I agree with you on that one.

And yes, things get blurry with these two when it comes to that issue. I have no idea whether they ever had sex with each other (without any women involved) or not. On the one hand, they don't even need to have gone that far to be as emotionally entangled as they are, on the other hand, I wouldn't exactly be shocked either. Nothing shocks me anymore when it comes to this band and these two in particular :rolleyes:

Maybe Axl is one of these "It's not gay as long as there's at least one woman involved!" guys. Didn't Adriana (or was that Steven?) also describe an incident where Slash and Axl were in bed with Adriana, then Steven came in and Axl asked him to join them too? So that would have been 3 guys in one bed then.

I can't speak for Axl, but the thought of being in bed with two other guys really doesn't excite me, whether there's an Adriana involved somewhere in the mix or not.

But maybe I'm just a prude lol.

• Like 1

@Frey Yes, I think that subtle little noodle in CTD would've definitely let Axl know that he didn't appreciate Sorry :lol: That, and the "Slash is a cancer best removed and avoided" thing, right when his mum died of cancer, well he probably thought Axl deserved another verbal kicking.

That damn Boston song is pure evil, once it gets in your head, sorry :lol: 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

15 hours ago, Frey said:

I think Sorry is about Slash, but also about the public (the media and the fans). These two things seem to be pretty entwined in Axl's mind anyway, since he blamed Slash a lot for his own bad reputation and the public's perception of him.

But yeah, I agree :lol: (though I much prefer Sorry compared to CtD). Maybe they should try writing songs full of positive emotions about their recently re-discovered love for each other instead lol.

There are lines that could be about Slash (e.g. "You know that I/got under your skin/You sold your soul/but I won't let you win) and others that don't make sense to me being about him (e.g. You've got all the answers/You know everything/Why nobody asked you/'s a mystery to me", "You don't know who in the hell to/or not to believe").

I prefer Sorry to CtD too, but the lyrics are below Axl's ability. I like it musically though, especially its live rendition in the NITL tour; it's funny that the only two CD songs which imo sounded good in this tour (Sorry and the title track) are the weakest lyrically.

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I think that subtle little noodle in CTD would've definitely let Axl know that he didn't appreciate Sorry :lol: That, and the "Slash is a cancer best removed and avoided" thing, right when his mum died of cancer, well he probably thought Axl deserved another verbal kicking.

I think CtD was more Slash's answer to the "cancer" thing than to Sorry. Sorry (if it's about Slash) is not as explicit as Slash's songs about Axl, unless "shut up and sing" was Slash's exact words.

17 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

'A loaded gun jammed by a rose' :facepalm:

The pinnacle of song writing or what :lol:

That song is just so cringe. 

Cringe? That sentence makes a point. I think the entire song it's the truth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth. I only regret that Slash didn't write it earlier for 1st or 2nd Snakepit album. It's one of my favorite songs from any of their solo albums.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There are lines that could be about Slash (e.g. "You know that I/got under your skin/You sold your soul/but I won't let you win) and others that don't make sense to me being about him (e.g. You've got all the answers/You know everything/Why nobody asked you/'s a mystery to me", "You don't know who in the hell to/or not to believe").

I prefer Sorry to CtD too, but the lyrics are below Axl's ability. I like it musically though, especially its live rendition in the NITL tour; it's funny that the only two CD songs which imo sounded good in this tour (Sorry and the title track) are the weakest lyrically.

I think CtD was more Slash's answer to the "cancer" thing than to Sorry. Sorry (if it's about Slash) is not as explicit as Slash's songs about Axl, unless "shut up and sing" was Slash's exact words.

Yes I think CTD is a response the the cancer comment also, but also after hearing Sorry Slash must have thought that song was about him, the same way a lot of gnr fans heard it, that it's about him. I thought that song was about him and still do. Yeah it's got a few lines about the fans, but in my mind it's mostly directed at Slash. Axl must know that's what people were going to think, including Slash. 

Axl says Sorry isn't about Slash. Slash says CTD isn't about Axl. They're both little fibbers :lol:

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

Cringe? That sentence makes a point. I think the entire song it's the truth, the whole thruth and nothing but the thruth. I only regret that Slash didn't write it earlier for 1st or 2nd Snakepit album. It's one of my favorite songs from any of their solo albums.

Yeah but it's the wording that's lol not the sentiment ;-) 

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

Talk about for not being honest with Their Song

Izzy said F.P Money isnt about The Trinity :rolleyes:

These Guys :rolleyes:

Well exactly. Maybe these songs would get more respect if they actually stood by what they wrote and said "yeah, I wrote it about him, so what?" But none of them do :lol:

lol at these guys writing songs about each other and don't admit it, couldn't let go the feelings, being obsessed with one another. They had to end up dinning together with candle lights, rose petals, and cringe music and shit and call their reunion tour Not in This Lifetime. Meant to be.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes I think CTD is a response the the cancer comment also, but also after hearing Sorry Slash must have thought that song was about him, the same way a lot of gnr fans heard it, that it's about him. I thought that song was about him and still do. Yeah it's got a few lines about the fans, but in my mind it's mostly directed at Slash. Axl must know that's what people were going to think, including Slash. 

I wonder if Slash asked or said something to Axl about Sorry. According to what Axl said in the interview, Slash and Duff asked him which CD songs he wanted to play. He probably said "this, this, this ... and Sorry - no, it's not about you" :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Talk about for not being honest with Their Song

Izzy said F.P Money isnt about The Trinity :rolleyes:

These Guys :rolleyes:

Well, look at the bright side. At least nobody is denying what 14 Years is about ;)

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216690-guitar-world-slash-izzy-stradlin/

Dont forget tht these two are Axl's ex lover N' They both fight over Axl :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well, look at the bright side. At least nobody is denying what 14 Years is about ;)

But isnt Axl thinks tht 14 years is about a Girl?

Edited by SerenityScorp

Izzy's working on more songs that are not about [insert other band mate(s) here] I see :lol:

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey Yes, I think that subtle little noodle in CTD would've definitely let Axl know that he didn't appreciate Sorry :lol: That, and the "Slash is a cancer best removed and avoided" thing, right when his mum died of cancer, well he probably thought Axl deserved another verbal kicking.

That damn Boston song is pure evil, once it gets in your head, sorry :lol: 

Yeah lol.

I was forced to hear "Nothing Compares To You" (the Sinead O'Connor song) three times today.

I'm thinking that would be a perfect song for them as well, what with Axl being completely unable to ever find anyone like Slash and all that. :lol:

Q: "What keeps you from making a new record?" 

Axl: "Slash."

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

Izzy's working on more songs that are not about [insert other band mate(s) here] I see :lol:

Yeah lol.

I was forced to hear "Nothing Compares To You" (the Sinead O'Connor song) three times today.

I'm thinking that would be a perfect song for them as well, what with Axl being completely unable to ever find anyone like Slash and all that. :lol:

Q: "What keeps you from making a new record?" 

Axl: "Slash."

It will be about "The Loot"

N' Slash can't find someone like Axl

Edited by SerenityScorp