GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

He has improved  a lot from recent years. But he has to do more like losing 10 pounds, get rid of that much jewely and the hat. The Axl I saw in RIR was more athletic. And his hear looked great. He doesn't look older. It is about his shape and what he wears.

Yeah he has a little middle aged spread. (Though we can hardly hold that against him!?) His diet must not be that great if all the running around etc. on stage doesn't keep him trimmer. And that lumberjack shirt tied around waist/ripped jeans combo that he seems to be forever wearing on this tour is a bit tired. 

I was talking about his innate sexiness though. He would have that regardless of body shape or clothes.

33 minutes ago, money honey said:

@Padme "I'm glad I met him when he was still sexy" (quote function not working for some reason) - don't you think he still is? I mean, I know older, less hair, etc. - but still drop dead sexy IMO. 

So agree!!!! Especially when he wears my favorite KOHD outfit. OMG. Love! :D

15 hours ago, ACDC8 said:

Intercontinental Hotel, Jan 2001. Happy to know you were there - I WAS THERE TOO (for 4 full days actually) and all those days are still stuck deep inside of me - doesn't matter how hard I try to move on because forgetting seems to be impossible. It's been 15 years... and I still remember everything. 

I keep dreaming (literally) about things I did wrong in the past and how I could fix them. But it's been 15 years so I guess it is really time to move on and close this book. 

I mentioned before I rarely post anything and never made it public but that girl on the photo is me. Really miss some people I met at that hotel - pretty much what I can say - but yeah... moving on. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 9.28.01 PM.png

I knew that face was familiar.... So, this is a hotel in Rio?

Why do you mention things that you did wrong in the past? Are they related to this encounter?

It's weird you and @Padme talk about this thing as you guys had been part of a sect or something, lol :lol:

29 minutes ago, money honey said:

Yeah he has a little middle aged spread. (Though we can hardly hold that against him!?) His diet must not be that great if all the running around etc. on stage doesn't keep him trimmer. And that lumberjack shirt tied around waist/ripped jeans combo that he seems to be forever wearing on this tour is a bit tired. 

I was talking about his innate sexiness though. He would have that regardless of body shape or clothes.

I think sexiness is one thing and charisma is another. He still has it when it comes to charisma. And he a happy guy now. That makes him look better. He is having the best year since 91 or so. And it shows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giuls said:

I still laugh at the "this isn't advised by doctors" :rofl-lol:

What did I miss? I dont know this story (or forgot about it).

12 minutes ago, Jane M. said:
18 minutes ago, tiutso said:

Y'all, wasn't Mae sixteen?

Who's Mae?

The youngest Duff spawn. And yeah I guess she's around 16.

Why? Because of these swimsuit modelling pictures and stuff? I was kind of surprised Duff and Susan post pictures like that, I wouldn't post pictures like that of my children (or rather I wouldn't want my children to pose for photo shoots like that in the first place). But I guess they're really trying to push a modelling career for her or something :shrugs:

@tiutso we posted at the same time with the same thoughts lol

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Who's Mae?

Duff's daughter.

Thought Susan would be smarter than letting her underage daughter into the mess that is the modelling business like that. Bit weird. Hopefully she won't be messed with if her parents are well-known.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Frey said:

What did I miss? I dont know this story (or forgot about it).

In Duff's book there's a story of how they cured their STDs using medicines for pet fishes and there's a line about how this behaviour wasn't advised by the american doctors association.

• Like 1

On 7.10.2016 at 8:09 PM, killuridols said:

you're so cute :hug:

Yeah. That's also the years when Axl was "weird", very frustrated and defeated, like a beaten dog.

Here's the interview you refer to.... People noticed how he sounds slow or out of breath. It's strange...

Jesus Christ, what was he taking at that time or what was he being given?! He can barely put sentences together... I guess that little do we know about the level of drama of the lost years :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, giuls said:
6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

You mean

"Like thunder and lightning
God damn, it's so exciting
It hits you like a hammer
God damn"

?? Seems like Slash finds Axl pretty exciting and thrilling (he did admit to enjoying when Axl did something crazy like jump into the crowd to start a fight) :P

And the general them of violence and agressio going on in that song might remind Slash of Axl as well, I guess.

This lines reminds of Axl too "Sweeter than the heavens and like a frightening stumble/It was saturday night when heavy rock was born"  and i don't blame at all for choosing Duff, he's nice and tall :drool:

But what if the lines that remind Slash of Axl are these

When he got up to leave
I stood in his way
I said love that's the price you have to pay
In the doorway up against the wall
When they play a heavy record then I'm gonna have a ball

We started to rumble and stumble
It is we were rocking and rolling and rolling and tumbling
I fumbled and started to win
When the greater than wicked then I hit him again

I hit him again and I couldn't hit him anymore
My head was all black and blue and my jaw was sore
Sweeter than the heavens and like a frightening stumble
It was saturday night when heavy rock was born

I mean maybe Slash dreamed of getting into a physical fight with Axl as well during the years they were fighting :P Must be hard to resist punching him sometimes.

Edited by Frey

He does sound pretty bad there. Can we blame TB? Who knows what they were giving him...

Most likely he either took it himself or was prescribed in order to keep his shit together somehow, I don't think they drugged him unbeknowest to him. But he really sounds bad, he's like slowed down five times, high as a kite, it seems. One thing it makes me think about is whether that kind of behaviours had someting to do with the decline of his voice (you know, Whitney Houston case) and another thing is it makes the whole stupid break-up an even much sadder story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, money honey said:

Great line! I told my OH about this and he was like "And you love these guys??!"

Explain your OH it's all part of their charm.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

He has improved  a lot from recent years. But he has to do more like losing 10 pounds, get rid of that much jewely and the hat. The Axl I saw in RIR was more athletic. And his hear looked great. He doesn't look older. It is about his shape and what he wears.

The jewerly, hats and fugly boots aren't going anywhere. He loves them way too much.

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

If I  were forced to pick one of them (:awesomeface:), I'd go with Axl. Looks like a girl if you squint and indeed slightly less scuzzy looking than the rest.

(And I hate you all for even making me consider this question :lol:)

You have officially joined the darkside. There's no going back now.:headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Most likely he either took it himself or was prescribed in order to keep his shit together somehow, I don't think they drugged him unbeknowest to him. But he really sounds bad, he's like slowed down five times, high as a kite, it seems. One thing it makes me think about is whether that kind of behaviours had someting to do with the decline of his voice (you know, Whitney Houston case) and another thing is it makes the whole stupid break-up an even much sadder story.

Well, we've had some pretty thorough discussions about TB here in the past (including lists of all the shit we know they've pulled and comparisons to the Brian Wilson case :tongue2:), so I wouldn't really put anything past them, but yeah... And yes, it's sad. Axl has talked about being severely depressed all these post break-up years, so we kind of knew this already, but it's still a bit different to actually hear him like that.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

You have officially joined the darkside. There's no going back now.:headbang:

Yeah I know, I've already got the club membership cards and all that lol.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey Here you go, just for you :lol:

IMG_1817.PNG

Thanks, I'll print it out and pin it on my wall.

Or add it to my Axl shrine.

:hahafyou:

57 minutes ago, giuls said:

@Frey you know, about Thunder and Lightning, it seems pretty suggestive to me? You know, calling the other love, up against a wall, rocking and rolling, sore jaw and sweeter than heaven :awesomeface: :awesomeface::awesomeface:

Yes, I can actually see how you could read it that way.

Slash should have been asked what it is exactly about that song that makes him think of Axl lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Padme said:

I didn't mind the ripped skinnys and the tied around the waist flannels. It wasn't until the boots resurfaced at the very end of the tour that ruined it for me. If he was going to switch out the sneakers for the boots, he should've went with more relaxed fitting jeans or change his outfit all together. The sneakers really went so much better with the wardrobe he wore throughout the whole tour. But the more I think about it, he was probably only wearing those because they were more comfortable for his feet after he broke his foot and got the cast off. Let's just face it, he just loves his boots! :lol:

I can't say I'm really bothered by the excessive jewelry and the assortment of hats. But when it's paired with the bedazzled jackets, that's when it goes a bit to far for me. It's like he's trying too hard or something. 

As for his weight, I don't know what's going on there. But I agree it has to be about his diet, unless he's got some kind of health issue we don't know about. In addition to all that running around on stage (surely sweating off a butt load of calories) he's always on the treadmill. The weight has been creeping up on him these last few years, and this year was the biggest I've ever seen him. However, he looked slimmer a few weeks ago when AC/DC ended than when NITL kicked off in April. So I'm hopeful he can shed more lb's. Time will tell! But even if he doesn't, he seems to be happier than he's been in years, so a little extra weight isn't hurting anything  :)

11 hours ago, money honey said:

This reminds me of Axl's comment in the early LA days, when he didn't have a fixed place to live and sometimes slept under the stairs at Tower Video, that one of his aims was to get membership of a health club so that he could take regular showers. It was obviously important to him to be clean (more important than it was to the others, anyhow) :lol: IMO Izzy and Steven looked the scuzziest. Slash def was filthy (remember the comment about pissing in the bushes outside the storage space) but for me that's outweighed by hotness :heart:

Time's not on my side (my sad life) and didn't have the chance to read many posts here..oh how I wish... anyways I saw this and want to comment that he still takes his showering very seriously as I remember watching this video from like 2 years ago or something where a fan asked Fermanager how frequent does Axl shower and Fer replied twice daily. 

And I can't recall where I read...probably here...that he would take showers immediately after each show (portable backstage shower stall maybe? Who knows...). So hygiene is a priority for him it seems.:thumbsup:

14 hours ago, tiutso said:

Duff's daughter.

Thought Susan would be smarter than letting her underage daughter into the mess that is the modelling business like that. Bit weird. Hopefully she won't be messed with if her parents are well-known.

Well 99% of the models start at a very young age. She is 16? There are models who start at even younger age. If this girl wants to be a model we can't ask Susan nor anyone else to lock the girl in a cage. Nor force the girl at gun point to do something else :shrugs:

10 hours ago, Kara said:

I didn't mind the ripped skinnys and the tied around the waist flannels. It wasn't until the boots resurfaced at the very end of the tour that ruined it for me. If he was going to switch out the sneakers for the boots, he should've went with more relaxed fitting jeans or change his outfit all together. The sneakers really went so much better with the wardrobe he wore throughout the whole tour. But the more I think about it, he was probably only wearing those because they were more comfortable for his feet after he broke his foot and got the cast off. Let's just face it, he just loves his boots! :lol:

I can't say I'm really bothered by the excessive jewelry and the assortment of hats. But when it's paired with the bedazzled jackets, that's when it goes a bit to far for me. It's like he's trying too hard or something. 

As for his weight, I don't know what's going on there. But I agree it has to be about his diet, unless he's got some kind of health issue we don't know about. In addition to all that running around on stage (surely sweating off a butt load of calories) he's always on the treadmill. The weight has been creeping up on him these last few years, and this year was the biggest I've ever seen him. However, he looked slimmer a few weeks ago when AC/DC ended than when NITL kicked off in April. So I'm hopeful he can shed more lb's. Time will tell! But even if he doesn't, he seems to be happier than he's been in years, so a little extra weight isn't hurting anything  :)

Yup he looks so happy this year, it's great to see him smile. And the heart eyes he's exchanging with Slash, well, that's been discussed here in detail :) We really just want you to be happy, Axl ❤️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Time's not on my side (my sad life) and didn't have the chance to read many posts here..oh how I wish... anyways I saw this and want to comment that he still takes his showering very seriously as I remember watching this video from like 2 years ago or something where a fan asked Fermanager how frequent does Axl shower and Fer replied twice daily. 

And I can't recall where I read...probably here...that he would take showers immediately after each show (portable backstage shower stall maybe? Who knows...). So hygiene is a priority for him it seems.:thumbsup:

That's our good boy Axl, taking regular showers ... Seriously, thanks, I hadn't heard this anecdote before. To me it's kinda poignant. It must have bothered him so much when he didn't have access to a bathroom ? Shows how fixed and determined he was about achieving his dream.