GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Can someone transcribe that? I didn't understand shit :lol:

What's proof that's Steven handwritting and real letter to Slash?

7 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Hay babe Slash

It's Stevie How are you

I'm sure fine I'm fine

as can be I really miss

you I think of you as my family

I always had your support

From all of you. I'd love

to see you or talk too you

I love you guys Thanx

for your prayers. Doug told

me when I was in rehab

I practice every day ????

and ready to go back

Call my friend

Love

*Something like that, I'm not sure and I have a headache*

This is what I can make out as well, yes (goddamn Steven has terrible handwriting, it took me way too long to figure this mess out).

Though I'd say these last lines actually are

I practice every day I love

and ready to go babe

"Love" doesn't make any sense here, but that's what it says (compare the word here to the "love" in "love, Steven Adler"- same thing). Steven is a confused mess on the best of days and he might also have been high when he wrote this, so it's not all that surprising that his writing wouldn't make a lot of sense.

And the second word is babe again, looks just like the word babe in the first line and his Cs and Ks look different.

The real question here is what the hell is up with Steven repeatedly calling Slash "babe" in this letter? :lol:

"Babe Slash"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Hope no one will see it? Yeah right :awesomeface:

image.jpg

So Axl overdosed too? :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

This is what I can make out as well, yes (goddamn Steven has terrible handwriting, it took me way too long to figure this mess out).

Though I'd say these last lines actually are

I practice every day I love

and ready to go babe

"Love" doesn't make any sense here, but that's what it says (compare the word here to the "love" in "love, Steven Adler- same thing). Steven is a confused mess on the best of days and he might also have been high when he wrote this, so it's not all that surprising that his writing wouldn't make a lot of sense.

And the second word is babe again, looks just like the word babe in the first line and his Cs and Ks look different.

The real question here is what the hell is up with Steven repeatedly calling Slash "babe" in this letter? :lol:

"Babe Slash"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Oh yeah, he was high most def. 

Babe:slash:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jane M. said:
6 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Hope no one will see it? Yeah right :awesomeface:

image.jpg

So Axl overdosed too? :facepalm:

That's the incident he wrote coma about, isn't it

He talked about it in that interview with Kurt Loder.

Had no idea he was in a coma for 2 fucking weeks though.

That's worse than I thought.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frey said:

That's the incident he wrote coma about, isn't it

He talked about it in that interview with Kurt Loder.

Had no idea he was in a coma for 2 fucking weeks though.

That's worse than I thought.

Yep, I read tht He depressed back then so He took too many valium N' overdosed, N' seems no other Members visited Him when He woke up, even Slash :max:

I wonder tho if Slash mentions this on His book

On October 11, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Jane M. said:

Well you know that awful sad day in '91 when Izzy let the guys know he was leaving, Axl told him "oh really you double talkin' jive motherfucker? Alright but I'm keeping one of your guitars bitch! Suck on that!" and Izzy was like "Pfft. Whatever. Keep it so you can hug and kiss goodnight pretending you still have me, cunt!"

That's the real story right there.

Right, Right, sounds familiar, Ive heard that story somewhere before....:P

10 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@SerenityScorp, great find! But sooooooo sad, oh my God. I guess this is this after they kicked him out? Or maybe after one of his many warnings. Regardless of the shit that went down, he just wants to hear from his old friend, who is obviously ignoring him, I can hardly bear to read it. :cry:   

Yeah it's incredibly sad. The handwriting and spelling come across as child-like. Poor Steve. 

I think it's BS that nobody came to see Axl while he was in coma for 2 weeks. Maybe they just were there a while before he woke up and just left before or something. I don't believe for one second that the only person who cared that he woke up was Todd Crew.

Of course I'd bet Slash was anethesizing himself very hard during this period, have no idea what state he was in in such situation, so he could be available only at certain times but the thing with Todd being there and nobody else must have been some coincidence and I bet they all spent lots of time in there.

15 minutes ago, Asia said:

I think it's BS that nobody came to see Axl while he was in coma for 2 weeks. Maybe they just were there a while before he woke up and just left before or something. I don't believe for one second that the only person who cared that he woke up was Todd Crew.

Of course I'd bet Slash was anethesizing himself very hard during this period, have no idea what state he was in in such situation, so he could be available only at certain times but the thing with Todd being there and nobody else must have been some coincidence and I bet they all spent lots of time in there.

Well, Axl was the only one that visited Duff and Steve for the burst pancreas (Duff) and the overdose (Steve) it's in their books, they could have died, they were at death's door, actually,  and the others didn't show up so yes, i can totally believe they didn't go visit Axl, it's their MO, especially in a time when they were always high or drunk as fuck, i don't believe it's bullshit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giuls said:

Well, Axl was the only one that visited Duff and Steve for the burst pancreas (Duff) and the overdose (Steve) it's in their books, they could have died, they were at death's door, actually,  and the others didn't show up so yes, i can totally believe they didn't go visit Axl, it's their MO, especially in a time when they were always high or drunk as fuck, i don't believe it's bullshit.

Disagree, if it was a day, yes, but if it was two weeks, no way. And it was 87, still peak of their mutual love.

Steven was there for one day, it's a completely different situation. What happened to Duff was decades later and Duff wasn't in a coma and from what I know Slash at least talked to him plus then Slash was in the peak of depression after Guns broke. This was 87 when they still loved one another to death, when they were about to have their first success, please, I'm sure they were there. Plus nobody ever said they weren't, only that they weren't there when he woke up. I'm sure he didn't inform anyone when exactly he's gonna wake up and it would be impossible for anybody to stand at the bed for two weeks, so probably just how things happened.

Saying that they were so drunk they didn't even care for two weeks that Axl will die is definitely unfair.

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

Disagree, if it was a day, yes, but if it was two weeks, no way. And it was 87, still peak of their mutual love.

Steven was there for one day, it's a completely different situation. What happened to Duff was decades later and Duff wasn't in a coma and from what I know Slash at least talked to him plus then Slash was in the peak of depression after Guns broke. This was 87 when they still loved one another to death, when they were about to have their first success, please, I'm sure they were there. Plus nobody ever said they weren't, only that they weren't there when he woke up. I'm sure he didn't inform anyone when exactly he's gonna wake up and it would be impossible for anybody to stand at the bed for two weeks, so probably just how things happened.

Saying that they were so drunk they didn't even care for two weeks that Axl will die is definitely unfair.

Another case tht need to be solve

27 minutes ago, sara11111 said:

found this on tumblr 

(My first post here btw:headbang:)5a8f240b-7a8c-4a8b-be68-6335520c3936-1.jpg

A few little problems I have with what Zutaut says... Valium is definitely not an upper, it's a downer. Also, I seriously doubt the police would stand for him laying out three or four of them, before pulling a gun. 

Axl has mentioned the tasering before though as the reason he was in hospital out like a light.  

He says they hit him in the head with it. 

Congrats on the first post, hope you post here some more. :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Well, actually, i don't have Steven book with me now but Duff said in his book: "Not long after I got out of the hospital, Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital, though McBob and Adam Day from the crew also called. I think from afar it must have sounded to Slash like just another brush with the line—and besides, he was dealing with an addiction of his own. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was of my own making, but Axl’s concern still touched me." that's it.

Plus, i have here Slash's book too and there's not talk about Axl's overdose and he talked about him going to the hospital with his friend Danny McCrackren and Todd's Overdose, his grandma in hospital and his own hospital stays, no Axl, i would think he would have narrated this experience, having someone close in the hospital it's pretty traumatic and you would remember. 

And i don't get what the lenght of time has to do it with it, Steve's almost died and Slash didn't talk to Duff and Axl was depressed too so yes, knowing how they reacted to other similar situations i wouldn't be surprised they didn't go to see him and i didn't say they didn't care but i would think that they would put themself even more in a stupor if they're worried instead of doing the most "adult" thing and going to the hospital.

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Well, actually, i don't have Steven book with me now but Duff said in his book: "Not long after I got out of the hospital, Axl came up to Seattle to visit me. He was the only member of the band who had called me in the hospital, though McBob and Adam Day from the crew also called. I think from afar it must have sounded to Slash like just another brush with the line—and besides, he was dealing with an addiction of his own. Not that anyone owed me a call in a situation that was of my own making, but Axl’s concern still touched me." that's it.

Plus, i have here Slash's book too and there's not talk about Axl's overdose and he talked about him going to the hospital with his friend Danny McCrackren and Todd's Overdose, his grandma in hospital and his own hospital stays, no Axl, i would think he would have narrated this experience, having someone close in the hospital it's pretty traumatic and you would remember. 

And i don't get what the lenght of time has to do it with it, Steve's almost died and Slash didn't talk to Duff and Axl was depressed too so yes, knowing how they reacted to other similar situations i wouldn't be surprised they didn't go to see him and i didn't say they didn't care but i would think that they would put themself even more in a stupor if they're worried instead of doing the most "adult" thing and going to the hospital.

Of course Slash didn't talk about it in his book because it was a private and personal experience of Axl and he was very careful not to disclose any of Axl's privacy plus I am sure for himself it was also a very awful experience, not exactly something he would love to dwell on. I'd bet you all I have it wasn't because he didn't remember ;)

As for Slash not calling Duff, maybe, I wasn't sure of that one, that is actually extremely lame and it can only mean he was completely fucked out of his mind at that time which probably was the case because that's when he was in the process of breaking up with Axl and writing albums about him and then touring them, all higher than a kite most likely. Anyway that is not a justification and it was a nasty thing to do. But it still was a different situation, Duff was not in a coma, these were different times most of all and in 1987, if Axl was in a coma for two weeks, I just can't see them not coming and I'm pretty sure they did, anyway "my friends are calling back to me" said Axl ;)

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Asia said:

Of course Slash didn't talk about it in his book because it was a private and personal experience of Axl and he was very careful not to disclose any of Axl's privacy plus I am sure for himself it was also a very awful experience, not exactly something he would love to dwell on. I'd bet you all I have it wasn't because he didn't remember ;)

As for Slash not calling Duff, maybe, I wasn't sure of that one, that is actually extremely lame and it can only mean he was completely fucked out of his mind at that time which probably was the case because that's when he was in the process of breaking up with Axl and writing albums about him and then touring them, all higher than a kite most likely. Anyway that is not a justification and it was a nasty thing to do. But it still was a different situation, Duff was not in a coma, these were different times most of all and in 1987, if Axl was in a coma for two weeks, I just can't see them not coming and I'm pretty sure they did, anyway "my friends are calling back to me" said Axl ;)

Well, like i said, we didn't know for sure and i used "i wouldn't be surprised" but yes, i wouldn't be surprised and sorry, i don't buy the "Slash was protecting Axl's privacy" Axl narrated it himself in 91, way before Slash wrote a book and this is the same man that talked about Axl being triggered and jumping out of a car and yes, Slash was pretty shitty to Duff, i don't see how it's that different from Axl's situation, Duff was literally begging his doctors to kill him he was so much in pain so yes, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show up, again, we don't know, but they have a pattern of behaviour.

I love their friendship to one another but i accept that there were times when they were pretty shitty to each other, it's a statement on the stenght of their relationships that they can look past that and i think it's beautiful.

(I searched for Steven's autobiography between my books and he said that he overdosed the first time right after the SCOM video was released so if i have my dates straight that was the first overdose any of the band members had since getting together and there was only Axl there, like i said, shitty).

3 hours ago, sara11111 said:

Found this on tumblr 

(My first post here btw:headbang:)5a8f240b-7a8c-4a8b-be68-6335520c3936-1.jpg

I never heard before that sory about Axl fighting like 20 County Sheriffs. I know he was high and it was reckless. And a scary and horrible situation. But I still  find it hilarious :rofl-lol:  I wish there was a video of that somewhere. Thanks a lot for that one. Cool reading! :thumbsup:

• Like 1