GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

18 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So, it seems there are two conflicting stories re: Axl and an overdose/coma. I had never heard of him being in a two week coma either..I'm inclined to think the story where he gets into a fight with Erin and takes a bottle of pills as a pseudo suicide attempt, and subsequently her having to call the police and him getting his stomach pumped, (and no coma) is probably the correct one.. I really think one of the guys would have written about it in their book if Axl was near deaths door for two weeks!

My only Serpentine  ? :P

11 hours ago, giuls said:

I want one that has something to do with corn, sweet corn? My beloved corn snake?

@Frey it could very well be that Zutaut told a lie, Axl talked about the OD but not about the supposed coma, strange for him that worn this heart upon his sleeve.

Can't believe I didn't think of any snake-related endearments :lol:

And even now I still can't think of a good one. :max:

On 12.10.2016 at 1:44 PM, Asia said:

Hope not, cause that's lame. Besides that would be pointless to send something like this to Axl. You usually make exceptions for the people you're closer with, like family. Generally the idea of sending some real Christmas wishes to Axl every year is great in my opinion, if Slash really did that, that's very cool. It's kinda like saying - no matter what you think or say or do to me, no matter how much you hate me, no matter how much time passed or if you believe my intentions, I still care and will keep on reminding you about it every fucking year. It's really cool. Love the idea ;)

Yeah something more personalized would be nice, but since it seems like Perla was mainly responsible for the Christmas card thing, I'm not sure she bothered (although I could imagine her writing something in there especially for Axl... she always tried to provoke him a little in interviews and stuff).

But it's probably a moot point anyway, because Axl likely never saw these Christmas card. I figure TB got rid of them as soon as they saw them in the mail and never passed them on to Axl, just like they did with Marc's email, Izzy's calls, etc.

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Another one of Melissa with the McKagans

And this one...

So Mae's giving interviews about being L.A.'s newest "It-Girl" now?

Okay then. Kinda surprising though. I always figured Duff and Susan would have different aspirations for their daughters than just turning them into the next Paris Hiltons and Nicole Ritchies (no idea who the current It-girls are, don't really care).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

All that first class jet set brings me down, down, down.

Man, I just had to google that :facepalm: I knew it was a line of some song, but couldn't place it. 

Shows how much of an impression that album left on me, I guess :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

Man, I just had to google that :facepalm: I knew it was a line of some song, but couldn't place it. 

Shows how much of an impression that album left on me, I guess :lol:

:lol:

I always think of that line whenever I see Slash and Duff in that private jet, and their chauffeur driven cars. 

Which btw, is a fair bit lol 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

On 14.10.2016 at 10:37 AM, Asia said:

I thought that Axl's corn costume was Nu GNR era and I just learned it was still with the old band, not too important but surprised me, nevertheless.

Yeah, Slash was at the Halloween party where Axl wore the corn costume. It was in 1994. Probably the last time Slash attended one of Axl's Halloween parties.

Ear of corn Axl:

tumblr_n1od8duu6R1rxrfh7o1_400.png

Slash at the same party:

iv1GdHALC9M.jpg

Some more Craig Duswalt pictures because why not:

With Axl. Axl looks cute here I think.

7162BYnWSNL.jpg

With Slash:

(Going by the expression on Slash's face, the second picture was probably taken after the kiss lol)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/Craig%20Duswald/fed0702aa1c9e766gen.png~original

Craig_Slash.jpg

With Duff and wearing the same NIN (?) shirt Axl has (the guy in the middle is Axl's chiropracter):

0205_biz_rockstar.jpg

With Steph and Dylan and the woman hugging Duswalt is Axl's sister Amy:

tumblr_n1u6xf5NKm1rxrfh7o1_500.jpg

The one with the baby wallaby in the sling Axl made that I posted earlier in this thread:

2nnt.png

Axl in Argentina choosing something from the menu so Duswalt can order it for him :P

tumblr_n5na5d5XGy1rm2y7go1_400.png

More Axl in Argentina with Duswalt, Earl, etc.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/Craig%20Duswald/500fuztrewll-axl-rose.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Random/Craig%20Duswald/tumblr_obtcvhzJfh1ulntsyo1_1280.jpg~original

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, giuls said:

Melissa seems another McKagan daughter :lol:

What is Slash dressed as? A soldier?

I think Slash is dressed as himself :lol: Just looks like a normal denim shirt to me, similar to other ones he's worn. Probably couldn't be bothered to get dressed up for Axl's little party.

The whole thing is interesting though. When Axl told that story about dressing up as an ear of corn, he made it seem like something that happened not too long ago.

When it actually happened decades ago, when Slash was still in the band.

Shows once again how much he lives in the past.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

I think Slash is dressed as himself :lol: Just looks like a normal denim shirt to me, similar to other ones he's worn. Probably couldn't be bothered to get dressed up for Axl's little party.

I liked to think he put a minimun of effort but you're probably right :lol:

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I see Slash made loads of effort at the Halloween party 94 :lol:

I like his costume better in this one

IMG_1917.JPG

I love this, the PETTINESS and PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVENESS that come from this photo :rofl-lol:

• Like 2