GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

@Andy14 the stripper outfit is a strong contender! :drool:

@MillionsOfSpiders I love the boxers :lol::lol:

15 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

I have been busy for months and now I want to be back on track with GNR. 

Does Axl have a girlfriend? No? What's going on with Erin? I remember she posted some pictures on her Instagram some months ago? 

No as far as we know, Erin after deleting all the GNR post deleted her IG too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frey said:

tumblr_inline_n8pnhalk451ray6u2.gif

What is that? :lol:

Didn't Duff say in his book that all of the guys in GNR are good dancers?

According to Myles, Slash is a terrible dancer but he does this... dance? when it's happy about how the concert is going (he did it with GNR this year too)

Duff said that Slash can do a very good Cossack dance that i always wanted to see.

On 18/10/2016 at 0:15 PM, Frey said:

Sorry guys, there's no way that picture above the door is the band picture at Canter's. Maybe it's another picture of them sitting somewhere (though I don't think so), but it's certainly not that one.

None of it adds up, but the easiest way that you can tell that they're different pictures are the cross-like structure in the left corner in the picture over Axl's door and all the white spots towards the bottom (there aren't that many drinks on the table in the Canter picture).

Not to mention all the bright white parts in the Canter picture like the wall behind them or the seating. These would be easy to spot, but they aren't there.

If you shrink the Canter picture to the same size as the one above Axl's door and put them side by side, everyone should easily be able to see it's not the same, even accounting for the blurriness and the color issues in the picture on the left.

picture.png

I submit to your superior evidence! The side by side pretty much kills it :wow:

Did you guys know that Axl believes in paranormal? Michael Monroe said he and Axl talked a lot about paranormal stuff in the 90's. They watched a video from a Guns N Roses gig together and in that video you can see something pushing Axl and he flies forward. They believe Axl was pushed by a ghost. 

I have been trying to find that video but no luck yet, does anyone know more? I really want to see the video.

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose michael monroe

12 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

Did you guys know that Axl believes in paranormal? Michael Monroe said he and Axl talked a lot about paranormal stuff in the 90's. They watched a video from a Guns N Roses gig together and in that video you can see something pushing Axl and he flies forward. They believe Axl was pushed by a ghost. 

I have been trying to find that video but no luck yet, does anyone know more? I really want to see the video.

Oh yeah, Axl believes in a lot of weird shit.

Considering the shit he supposedly believes, ghosts wouldn't be shocking at all.

Edited by Frey

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

@Lumikki You learn something new in here everyday, thx

You're welcome. People (mostly thanks to the media, the church and bad education in schools) tend to forget that there was a time before Christianity invaded came to Europe.

And during that time, all the Germanic and Slavic peoples, the Celts, the Romans and all other people in Europe already had their own cultures, beliefs and traditions.

The Catholic church more or less tried to kill and get rid of everything they thought was pagan or heathen, but they weren't quite successfull (thankfully). So some of the old traditions live on in modern "Christian" festivals like the big ones you mentioned, but also in small, local practices and traditions that no one but the people in a particular country even know.

(@giuls Sorry for torturing you so much with all the simplification going on in my posts :P But I can't be bothered to go into details about this issue on a GNR forum.)

7 hours ago, giuls said:

@Lumikki i only know that Axl some years ago had a halloween tree.

Yeah, his Halloween traditions are actually pretty well documented lol. But I've never heard Axl talk about Christmas much, so I was curious. Especially since this took place way back then when I imagine he didn't have a lot of resources, time or motivation to go all out on Christmas stuff. But maybe they were talking about the traditions he grew up with or something.

Either way, I would have been interested. I've wondered before how the guys spent holidays back in the days before they got famous. Did they go home to see their families? Celebrate together in the hell house with a couple bottles of night train and biscuits and gravy?

The only Christmas story I know of is an Izzy one, so here's an Izzy Christmas story lol:

"Me and Izzy went to Mexico one Christmas and we were walking around, and I remember him in his white creepers and purple socks, and cut-offs, running around the rocks on the beach at this Mexican resort. Purple socks, black hair and white skin, with all these tattoos, and he was chasing iguanas. All these straight people were looking at him, but he didn't care cause he was having a great time. He didn't look like anyone else. He was totally different from anyone they'd ever seen, and he was chasing these iguana lizards."

Okay, not very Christmas-y, but it counts. And I can so picture what Chris Weber's describing here.

Izzy must have looked like a huge dork :heart:

Then there's the sad story about Axl in alone in the studio on Christmas and Meegan and Slash's disastrous Christmas party. I noticed Duff was at that Christmas party too.

45 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

Never seen a video like that. Might be one of the shows in the vault that the normal public has never seen.

Fun fact:

I've met both of the guys in this picture.

I met Mike Monroe in Helsinki once and I can't say enough good things about him.

He was just so sweet and nice to me and my friend.

Spent a lot of time talking with us, took pictures with us and when we said goodbye he ripped some of the badges (buttons? pins? whatever these things are called) from his clothes and gave them to us. Just really kind and warm-hearted.

The opposite of when I met Axl basically  (nah, Axl was decent to me as well, I shouldn't be so mean :P)

I think Mike Monroe and Axl should hang out again.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

The only Christmas story I know of is an Izzy one, so here's an Izzy Christmas story lol:

"Me and Izzy went to Mexico one Christmas and we were walking around, and I remember him in his white creepers and purple socks, and cut-offs, running around the rocks on the beach at this Mexican resort. Purple socks, black hair and white skin, with all these tattoos, and he was chasing iguanas. All these straight people were looking at him, but he didn't care cause he was having a great time. He didn't look like anyone else. He was totally different from anyone they'd ever seen, and he was chasing these iguana lizards."

Adorkable. That's my boy.:wub::heart::wub:

• Like 1

@Lumikki Oh my! I agree with you! I met Mike some months ago and he is the best. :wub:

They should hang out again definitely. Mike is so positive and I think he could make Axl really happy.

Guns are coming to Sweden so who knows, maybe Mike will be there? I hope so! And if they come to Finland there is a BIG chance that he will be there if you ask me.

Edited by Bandanaman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Adorkable. That's my boy.:wub::heart::wub:

Yes, wish I could have watched him too lol.

Here's another cute story courtesy of Chris Weber about Axl and Izzy's misdeeds:

"I was registering at school, at this community college, and someone gave us this free gift package when we left," recalls Chris. "Axl and Izzy got a hold of it, and as I was driving down the street in my car, everybody was honking and laughing at me. I finally pull over at a stop sign and I look at Axl and Izzy and they're busting out laughing. I get out of the car and there's all these maxi-pads stuck all over it! They were all over my car! That was one thing I remember in particular."

And some more about these two:

"I hear a lot of stuff now about Axl being moody," says Chris, "but when I knew him he was just a nice, pleasant, and caring guy, who would talk and listen to me, and I would listen to his problems. He was real mellow. He took his time on things, and was very meticulous. Izzy was pretty much like that too. He did things perfectly, and always finished them up. He was also quiet and reserved."

The bolded hasn't changed lol. Didn't know that Izzy is a bit of a perfectionist as well though.

13 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

@Lumikki Oh my! I agree with you! I met Mike some months ago and he is the best. :wub:

They should hang out again definitely. Mike is so positive and I think he could make Axl really happy.

Guns are coming to Sweden so who knows, maybe Mike will be there? I hope so! And if they come to Finland there is a BIG chance that he will be there if you ask me.

Oh that's cool. I met him like 10 years ago when I was still a kid more or less lol. Good to hear he's still a nice guy.

And yes, I really hope they'll meet when/if GNR come to Sweden or Finland.

Slash has remained friends with Mike all these years I think and I haven't heard about Mike doing anything that would have pissed Axl off too badly, so I think chances are pretty good.

And Axl really does need all the positive, kind-hearted people around him that he can get. He's surrounded by way too many creeps and nasty people already.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Oh @Andy14 you are back with the memes :heart: The day we agree you can be princess you decide to be back in the thread for good...Coincidence? I don't think so :P

Well....that's just to make you think I'm still active lol and because I'm not gonna be here for the next 10 days lol 

:smiley-confused2: