GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

My goodness gracious. Wow.:wow:

The plane must be for Axl, TB, his cats, Melissa, Frank, Richard and last but not least, his harem of young models but don't panic. Duff & Slash are flying AA first class with Steven all the way back in coach:rofl-lol:

I see the loot has been invested.

• Like 3

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

The plane must be for Axl, TB, his cats, Melissa, Frank, Richard and last but not least, his harem of young models but don't panic. Duff & Slash are flying AA first class with Steven all the way back in coach:rofl-lol:

Imagine how many stripper poles are fitted in there and bet Axl tells the pilot to hit some turbulence :lol:

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Didn't Axl have a private jet that he went everywhere in, the same one since 06? I don't know what the range is in those things though. Maybe they can't fly as far as the bigger planes. 

:shrugs: don't know but i guess if he went with everywhere i guess he went to Perù with it

19 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I hope he has space for some of Slash's pet on the jet so they can keep company to the cats :lol:

17 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Happy bitch :heart::heart:

AWWWW :wub:

• Like 1

#itsabouttogetreal ? Wonder what kind of drama Perla's involved with now :facepalm: Hope Slash and her aren't waging some kind of custody battle or something like that.

@Jane M. I noticed you got quoted in the Izzy article :lol:

What did you guys think about the article? I thought it was pretty good, learned some new shit. But it also once again gave me the impression that Izzy's a complicated guy who's just as difficult as Slash or Axl in some ways.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Frey said:

What did you guys think about the article? I thought it was pretty good, learned some new shit. But it also once again gave me the impression that Izzy's a complicated guy who's just as difficult as Slash or Axl in some ways.

Man shut up. Izzy is going to read that, do a search around here and be like "who the fuck is Jane and why she's talking about me like she knows me?" :wacko:

I'm a little bit embarrassed and feel like :dance:at the same time.

I liked the article very much. I'm glad someone is giving Izzy some good attention instead of bitchiness.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Frey said:

#itsabouttogetreal ? Wonder what kind of drama Perla's involved with now :facepalm: Hope Slash and her aren't waging some kind of custody battle or something like that.

Wht article?

I thought it was a good read. Knew a lot of it already, but it had some interesting bits in it (not to mention new pictures!)

I also thought this story was really cute:

The complex dynamic between the two Midwestern rockers goes back to 1977, on Jane Boswell’s art table at Jefferson High School in Lafayette.

It was their sophomore year of high school, and Jeff Isbell and William Bailey (Axl Rose) were drawing in Boswell’s “Arts and Crafts Pottery” class. Izzy was the better illustrator and member of the school’s Art Club. Axl, the better singer, was in the Boys and Girls Ensemble. The two weren't following the lesson plan that particular day. “Gotcha little bastards!” is what Boswell tells me she wanted to say. Instead, she began to admire their drawing.

“They were combing opposing elements into a beautiful whole,” she tells me over the phone. “The whole, it’s funny now that I think about it, was a skull-like figure with guns and roses.”

I can totally picture little Izzy and little Axl sitting at a table in school and drawing skulls, guns and rosese instead of doing... pottery or whatever it is they were supposed to be doing.

And it's cute that they worked on one drawing together, creating something beautiful. Similar to what they later did with their songs.

Boswell tells me Izzy and Axl were illustrating their feelings; tormented by the a pall hanging over them resulting from childhood trauma. Public court documents indicate that Izzy's parents were divorced in 1973. A Lafayette local who knew the Isbell family tells me that Izzy's mom was extremely bitter about the divorce and felt that Richard Clyde Isbell, the father, had abandoned her and their three sons. Boswell describes Axl's strict Pentecostal upbringing as "difficult." It was later discovered that Axl was sexually abused by his biological father, William Rose, who abandoned the family when Axl was just two. 

Following their art class collaboration, the two boys began silkscreening their design onto plain white T-shirts, a logo for some future punk band. “That took courage,” says Boswell. During Izzy's senior year, 1979, as he walked down the halls of Jefferson High, Boswell saw him for one last time. “He told me he was going to California to start a rock & roll band.”

So the teachers knew about Axl's home life. Well then. :facepalm:

And I knew Izzy's parents divorced, but didn't know his father left in such a shitty way. But then again Izzy isn't one to talk much about his private affairs, unlike the rest of the guys.

Also I really like this picture :wub: I always love it when "new" old pictures appear.

http://images1.laweekly.com/imager/u/blog/7406771/izzy_japan_1988_1.jpeg

And the rest for completeness' sake (and some of these are new too):

http://images1.laweekly.com/imager/u/original/7430712/izzy_japan_1988_cuppa_t_.jpeg

http://images1.laweekly.com/imager/u/original/7430713/izzy_japan_1988_izzy_catchin_zzzzs_where_he_can.jpeg

http://images1.laweekly.com/imager/u/blog/7430770/izzy_axl_and_chris.jpg

Izzy Stradlin (left), Jimmy Ashhurst and Charlie Quintana of the Ju Ju Hounds, in front of a burning tour bus

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4

I liked this part:

“We were recording the Ju Ju Hounds record in Redondo Beach when the L.A. riots happened," says Ashhurst. "Our sound engineer was like, ‘Shots fired!' And Izzy grabbed all the tapes and gear. We went down to a local gun shop, and he just he loaded up a duffle bag with guns. After that, we went to his house in Palos Verdes and he had a tripod set up with a machine gun on it and I was like, ‘I don’t think they’re gonna come up this far, bro.'”

So I know which guy to side with now in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Definitely gonna be #TeamIzzy then.

The guy's paranoid and prepared, he's gonna be a better bet than the rest. Axl's way too pampered and spoilt these days, he wouldn't survive a second in the wilderness. And also probably go crazy sooner or later. Slash comes across as pretty useless as well to me. Don't think he'd be of much help. Duff might be the second best option.

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Man shut up. Izzy is going to read that, do a search around here and be like "who the fuck is Jane and why she's talking about me like she knows me?" :wacko:

I'm a little bit embarrassed and feel like :dance:at the same time.

I liked the article very much. I'm glad someone is giving Izzy some good attention instead of bitchiness.

He's used to that. Remember the story of the chick who lost her virginity to Izzy that was posted here in this thread? She acted like she knew him to his face and he had no clue who she was. And now she got her 5 minutes of fame in this article too :lol:

And yes, it was refreshing to read something about Izzy once. Some lines were kind of harsh though. Can't really judge if that is deserved or not.

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Wht article?

http://www.laweekly.com/music/wheres-izzy-searching-for-the-gnr-reunions-missing-person-7388840

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe Slash and Perla got a buyer for the house and now they're arguing over that? 

@Frey I hope it's not a custody thing too, Perla has the power to make Slash extremely miserable if she wanted to. Let's hope however much she hates Slash, she won't do that to her kids. 

Yeah, I really hope it isn't about the kids. But Perla seems like a real bitch, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

It makes me so sad that people knew about Axl's family and they did nothing, i know it was the 80's but it's still sad.

Im not surprised at all that they drew skulls  guns n roses, like, they have an aestetich :lol:

OMG, a machine gun, that's actually scary to me, i would be far away from him, okthankyoubye Izzy

According ex-Hollywood Rose bassist Steve Darrow, Izzy was even the band’s stylist: “He had us meet up at his place, then fix up everybody’s hair and makeup before anyone left the room. Axl, too.” 

I like this one

20 minutes ago, Frey said:

I liked this part:

“We were recording the Ju Ju Hounds record in Redondo Beach when the L.A. riots happened," says Ashhurst. "Our sound engineer was like, ‘Shots fired!' And Izzy grabbed all the tapes and gear. We went down to a local gun shop, and he just he loaded up a duffle bag with guns. After that, we went to his house in Palos Verdes and he had a tripod set up with a machine gun on it and I was like, ‘I don’t think they’re gonna come up this far, bro.'”

So I know which guy to side with now in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Definitely gonna be #TeamIzzy then.

:rofl-lol:

Both Axl Izzy are paranoid.

In case of Zombie Apocalypse, Axl will handle with the security while Izzy will handle with the weapon

Duff will plan everything, I dunno wht Slash will do. N' They cant rely on Steven

This is great reference for GN'R Fanfic :rofl-lol:

Edited by SerenityScorp

On 20 October 2016 at 5:06 PM, Bandanaman said:

I have been busy for months and now I want to be back on track with GNR. 

Does Axl have a girlfriend? No? What's going on with Erin? I remember she posted some pictures on her Instagram some months ago? 

I spotted you in another thread, like the user name... So not a man then? :lol: