GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

And this. Duff getting mad at a Kurt Cobain conspiracy theorist (?) at one of his book signings.

Everyone likes badass Duff, right?

"Get the fuck out of here, motherfucker!" :lol:

Omg, what is this!? Drama follows this band everywhere! :lol:

And yes, badass Duff is something.

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Here's some shit tangentially related to the Kurt Cobain / Bryn Bridenthal discussion:

A surprisingly "sweet" (let's call it that) postcard written to Bryn Bridenthal by all the guys. I think it's interesting because it has all 5 guys' handwriting on it.

(And LOL at Izzy's message :P)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/LettersArtworkDocuments/guns-n-roses-postcard.jpg~original

:lol:

I came across this postcard when we were trying to figure out if the handwriting on a supposed "contract" found in a warehouse belonged to any of the band members. The story behind it:

This postcard sends support to Bridenthal who had been involved in a well publicized fight with some members of Poison backstage at the L.A. Forum.

Axl Rose had called Poison a “bunch of poseurs” who represent “everything bad about rock and roll” and Poison’s Bobby Dahl and Bret Michaels retaliated at a Motley Crue afterparty by throwing beer on Bridenthal and then dumping a bucket of ice water on her head. :facepalm:

She later sued the Poison members which resulted in an out of court settlement.

https://garyrocks.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/guns-n-roses-vs-poison-welcome-to-their-jungle/

----------

And to keep up more with the light/bright side of the thread, a random Slaxl moment:

axlslashritz91.gif

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

Happy Birthday @MillionsOfSpiders! rock4rock3:headbang:rock4

Here's some shit tangentially related to the Kurt Cobain / Bryn Bridenthal discussion:

A surprisingly "sweet" (let's call it that) postcard written to Bryn Bridenthal by all the guys. I think it's interesting because it has all 5 guys' handwriting on it.

(And LOL at Izzy's message :P)

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/LettersArtworkDocuments/guns-n-roses-postcard.jpg~original

I love this postcard for some reason, Slash and Duff are supportive but kinda generic, Izzy gets threating, Axl assures her they care and he's actually sweet saying she's doing great and i can only read rock in Steven's message. (WTF at Poison retailing on Bridenthal when they had beef with Axl)

@Blackstar i find extremely funny how Nirvana's publicist regarded Axl as the worst of worst, like, it's not like Nirvana was that different from GNR, the minute you sign with a major label you "sold out" (or suck corporation's cocks in his own world) because they're preoccupied with money, he wouldn't have had the job with Nirvana have they not signed up and it's not like Kurt was the most chill person, he threw tantrum even before he was famous, yes, he was young but i doubt they stopped before 1992 (i assume he's talking about his first OD)

The slaxl moment is very cute, i like how they arch into each other and rose leggings!

And here we have Axl showing us the miracle of love

tumblr_og1pciFabE1u3t0hjo1_1280.jpg

Great Slaxl moment. Guess that level of closeness and intimacy ain't coming back. That stupid twenty years have built a wall there that is not entirely taken down yet and might actually never be. Sad.

Coming back for a while to this Robert John's comment about how certain key member's leaving must have hurt Axl cause he keeps on talking about it. It never ceases to amaze how little the people who he was close with knew about him. Like they figured things like that out only after the split happened. I mean, we don't even know him and yet we knew it right away, didn't we? I had no doubt at any time of the existence of this band (since I really got into it) that Slash leaving would be a tragedy for Axl but unfortunately many people close to Axl had no idea about it and instead of doing everything in their powers to never let it happen for the sake of both Axl, Slash and themselves (it was easily predictable that folks like Dougie will lose big time on this), they were still either stirring more shit or just doing nothing. Sad, again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Great Slaxl moment. Guess that level of closeness and intimacy ain't coming back. That stupid twenty years have built a wall there that is not entirely taken down yet and might actually never be. Sad.

Coming back for a while to this Robert John's comment about how certain key member's leaving must have hurt Axl cause he keeps on talking about it. It never ceases to amaze how little the people who he was close with knew about him. Like they figured things like that out only after the split happened. I mean, we don't even know him and yet we knew it right away, didn't we? I had no doubt at any time of the existence of this band (since I really got into it) that Slash leaving would be a tragedy for Axl but unfortunately many people close to Axl had no idea about it and instead of doing everything in their powers to never let it happen for the sake of both Axl, Slash and themselves (it was easily predictable that folks like Dougie will lose big time on this), they were still either stirring more shit or just doing nothing. Sad, again.

This is why so many fans never even believed they'd truly spilt for the longest time. Even after it was annouced Slash had left, I didn't think it was serious at all. The idea of them splitting seemed ludicrous and crazy to me. It's sad.

But as things stand today. No matter the current state of their relationship, I don't think they'd be all over each other in public like they once were. They all seem more self-aware and guarded nowadays. So in private who knows, maybe Slash and Axl are a lot more easy with each other than what is shown on stage.

And we keep saying it but Slash is shy and he used substances to feel more "free", it's not affectionate with Duff either now as far as i saw abd they're close so i don't really read something in Slash not reacting that much to Axl now.

Axl is less "crazy" in his dancing now, what a drag it is getting old.

Yeah, I know they wouldn't be so open about it anymore, especially after how much we here intimidate them :P but still I have a feeling some reservation is there and not all trust is back, it's basically a feeling based on hardly any facts, so I ain't gonna defend too fiercely...

2 minutes ago, giuls said:

And we keep saying it but Slash is shy and he used substances to feel more "free", it's not affectionate with Duff either now as far as i saw abd they're close so i don't really read something in Slash not reacting that much to Axl now.

Someone posted elsewhere posted the same thing about Mick Jagger when Axl performed Salt of the Earth with the RS. Mick was the same age Axl is now....the slowing down comes with age.

14 minutes ago, Asia said:

Yeah, I know they wouldn't be so open about it anymore, especially after how much we here intimidate them :P but still I have a feeling some reservation is there and not all trust is back, it's basically a feeling based on hardly any facts, so I ain't gonna defend too fiercely...

I know what you mean. I waver between full on Slaxl and them still working things out.

And yeah, we probably are intimating for them.:lol: 

Edited by Babooshka

47 minutes ago, Asia said:

I'd love to know more about how that first face-to-face meeting went, when Slash went to have dinner at Axl's house.

I imagine it can't have been easy (and probably was quite awkward) after so many years of bitterness and hurt feelings.

2 hours ago, giuls said:

At least there is still some dancing....better than none! :D

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I'd love to know more about how that first face-to-face meeting went, when Slash went to have dinner at Axl's house.

I imagine it can't have been easy (and probably was quite awkward) after so many years of bitterness and hurt feelings.

Slash: "Hey, Axl"

Axl: "Oh, shit! You again?"

Slash: "Hmmm....delicious meat....did you cook it yourself"

Axl: "Huh"

Slash: "And the bread...is it homemade?"

Axl: :crazy:

Axl: "How's Perla?"

Slash: :fuckyou:

Slash: "I gotta go...it was nice talking to you"

Axl: "Sure :smiley-confused2:"

Slash: "And the band?"

Axl: "Duff will do it"

Slash: "Deal"

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Slash: "Hey, Axl"

Axl: "Oh, shit! You again?"

Slash: "Hmmm....delicious meat....did you cook it yourself"

Axl: "Huh"

Slash: "And the bread...is it homemade?"

Axl: :crazy:

Axl: "How's Perla?"

Slash: :fuckyou:

Slash: "I gotta go...it was nice talking to you"

Axl: "Sure :smiley-confused2:"

Slash: "And the band?"

Axl: "Duff will do it"

Slash: "Deal"

:rofl-lol:

On 11/5/2016 at 1:15 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@Frey I don't like Courtney either, but she is very popular on the LA scene. She's very much a socialite who's always posting pictures of herself with the celebrities of the moment. She's part of that Jenner/Kardashian shit that Axl seems to be in with too. Courtney and Axls paths have more than likely crossed much more than we know over all these years, and he does right to be a bit afraid of her, I think Courtney could take Axl on  :lol:

I noticed on Stephanie's son Harry IG so many photos of Courtney and him together...it was a horrible exercise looking at all those photos especially his lifeless eyes

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Also, @cheesecake..re Axl's stomach..I think this could very well just be a digestion issue..alot of men in their later years get this "gorilla" type stomach, that can actually be firm to the touch! It's a result of a depletion of the necessary digestive enzymes, due to age, improper food combinations, even allergies. It results in chronic gas and bloat. It's possible Axl may have this issue, if he took off his shirt we would be able to examine more closely :P Anyway, I bet if he started taking some enzyme supplements it would help that belly.

First of all, I still want to derail the thread a bit lol and hope it's not too tale, Happy Birthday @MillionsOfSpiders. Hope you had a good one!

Thanks Whiskey Rose. Funny I've never thought of it from that angle, considering yours truly also suffers from multiple foods intolerance and allergies and has to take enzymes to help deal with it. ;)

Yeah I guess he may have issues with his digestion and I hope he gets that checked out and tries incorporating digestive enzymes into his diet. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Actually, it reminds me of this:

crime.gif

also @MillionsOfSpiders

birthday.gif

Omg that is the best birthday card I ever got :) thank you so much for that @Andy14 :heart: Lol Izzy. 

Just got back in and see you all de railed the thread :lol: thank you all so much though :hug: I'm glad I get unlimited likes! 

Have we seen this one yet 

IMG_2151.PNG

For the first time in years I can say Axls hair looks awesome! Also, it looks Like he's had it cut and styled.. like we said earlier in this thread, the exact style that was mentioned that he should get :ph34r:

Now he's got the hair, what does he do? Covers it up with more damn hats :max:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 3