GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Also Slaxl people, please note that the number one topic Slash will get mad about (apart from people claiming he's an impostor who goes to gyms) is Axl :P

Yes, he looks like he's barely keeping from blowing off his lid that's why when they said things like "it's all in the past, i've moved on, let the sleeping dog sleeps"  i still find it funny, sure, guys, you moved on allright :lol:

Hey everyone, you're killing it here with all your posts and pics. Thanks for all the info and entertainment. I will just randomly pick up some of the loose ends of all the issues here.

Smoking hot young Axl versus old Axl. Sorry, I know what aging is like, but he just didn't stay in good shape. It is his life choice and all that but as he was so soooo hot in his younger days it just is a huge discrepancy. I for sure prefer looking at young Axl. Duff, Slash and Izzy had the luck of ageing better, especially Duff. It has nothing to do with disrespecting age, it is just a shame what unnecessary surgery and what not has done to a one beautiful face.

The Beta thing. Whatever. I don't care who Axl is sleeping with or not. Especially I don't wanna think about old Axl is having sex with... Anyway, creepy it is, that he pays her for beeing his assistant, her not having a private life of her own, him calling/feeling her as his mother and all the controlling things. So yeah, in short: creepy.

What else? Angry Slash. I love that. He makes me giggle when he is angry, because it would be exactly how I would react. I think it is only normal and respect-worthy if you hold it more together when you're angry and in public then when being private. (not as to being violent, of course.)

And: I don't care about the hotelgate. Axl's a little wierd and out of class, let's face it. Let him stay in the creepy hotel and enjoy less fans while going to breakfast. As long as they continue playing together and smiling that happily on stage, I'm happy too. (I'd bee even more happy if Axl lost some more weight, get lost of all hats and beanies, grows and straightens his hair, never again has a mustache and sings with more of his beautiful baritone. But there you go, he won't listen to me anyway....)

Ah, And happy birthday to all you November Rain children. Wish you the best and always hold a candle in november rain ;)

Edit: I forgot one thing: What is a about avocados and Izzy? Is that slang for something or did he really grow avocados? And why? 

Edited by Tori72

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Axl did not have any kind of serious plastic surgery (except for some botox or chemical peels or shit like that maybe). There are people in this thread (and others) who went to some lengths to prove that. Besides, his face nowadays looks exactly like his face in his younger years, just older.

And I personally disagree about Duff and Izzy aging better. People only say Duff aged well because he's still got nice hair and is still really skinny (and likely also because he was such a mess in the 90s), but both Duff and Izzy look way older than they are, going by their faces. Considering what they did to themselves though, they all aged pretty well, especially Steven and Slash (followed by Axl). I think some people's expactations for these guys looks here are way too high.

The avocado thing comes from Izzy being an avocado farmer. That's what he does these days. Or did. I don't know if he still has his avocado farm, probably not.

I think Axl had work done around his eyes.  The CSI team convinced me that he didn't have nose/chin/cheek work or anything like that, but his eyes used to have such a squinty, mischievous expression.  Now he has the more surprised look, with rounder eyes and somewhat raised eyebrows. 

Also, the rest of the AFD5, whether heavier (Slash) or exercising fanatically (Duff), all look to have aged naturally.  Some are more grizzled than others, lol, and Steven definitely aged the best.  Slash still jumps around pretty well, though! 

The long-forgotten Dizzy seems to have aged alright, too.  

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

This. Axl looks perfectly alright for his age at the moment. I'd say pretty damn good even compared to 99% of other men his age. They all do. Aging is just a fact of life and they're not gonna escape it either.

And Axl's not fat at all. He's absolutely tiny when you stand next to him, both height-wise and also body mass wise. Certainly seemed tiny to me. That was in May. And since then he's lost quite a bit of weight, so I figure he's even tinier now.

Right now, Axl looks the best he's looked since 2006. In good shape, no ugly moustache, better clothes (for the most part...), etc. I can't complain too much.

Absolutely. Spot on.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I never wanted to write this here before, cos I think all the Duff fans will get me :P but when I see Duffs face I think it looks, I dunno if this makes sense,  grizzled. Like really haggard. Maybe he lives with too many females and he's been henpecked to distraction :lol:

For what it's worth, I agree, even though I adore Duff. All the booze took a toll on his face that no amount of exercising will fix. People say he's aged well because he's in the best shape out of anyone in the band, but I think we can all agree the winner is actually Steven.

10 minutes ago, triad said:

I think Axl had work done around his eyes.  The CSI team convinced me that he didn't have nose/chin/cheek work or anything like that, but his eyes used to have such a squinty, mischievous expression.  Now he has the more surprised look, with rounder eyes and somewhat raised eyebrows.

Probably a combination of botox + lost confidence that now makes his eyes look a bit like those of a deer caught in headlights. His mischievous expression was his "I'm a sex god and I have truckloads of women that want to lick each inch of my body, motherfucker" inner joke type of thing. Now he doesn't believe in that because of his weight/age (even though he looks great for his age) and he tries to cover up with the hats and jackets. Little does he know he's got the entire Women's thread longing for a piece of uncovered skin. :lol: Or maybe he really does read the thread and he does it on purpose. :max:

Now, I know this is kinda old news since this thread moves too fast for me nowadays, but here's the video where the Slaxl gif from a few pages back originated from:

I actually remembered this moment two days ago and watched the entire gig, funny how I stumbled upon the same thing here.

P.S. Fuck mommy Beta and TB. Let Axl sleep with Slash alone, for Christ's sake! :anger:

P.P.S. @killuridols I'm super happy you got to experience The Ass in all its glory make your dream come true, girl! Hope you had a blast and when you get back you'll tell us how our man smells (and all the other juicy stuff). :heart:

In my oppinion, Axl looks decent for a 54 year-old. Can't say he looks extremely good, nor bad, but you can't expect a man of his age to look much better than what he looks now, not everyone is Jon Bon Jovi or Lenny Kravitz. If he could've taken care of himself better-he could though.

But except taking care of one self the important thing about aging is genetics. There's nothing you can do about that. For example Axl is a ginger, his pale, light skin, is much more sensitive to sun, cold etc. than darker skin, and ages faster. Also, he might tries to eat healthy but somehow still gains weight (highly impossible, but still). There are people with hormone disorders that eat a lot less than they should but still remain chubby. There are millions of reasons why some people age better and some not. It's not all in excercising and strong diets. 

I just have to add: how on earth is it possible that Lenny looks better at 50 than at 20? That man is pure sex!!!:drool:

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, what a lot of November children in one place. I didn't know I shared a birthday with Erin, interesting.

Not the best of days to discuss ageing, (never been very good with birthdays post 35, ha ha- I' m so shallow)

Steven, bless him for all his been through looks the best- maybe his some how managed to preserve himself with the  concoction of drugs and Alchol his taken over the years.

Matt has aged very well over the years- I thinks his also older than the others? Correct me if I am wrong.

Axl looks far better than I have seen him in a long while, I get glimpses of a younger Axl in a lot of recent pictures. He's doing well, and the tummy thing is very commen in men his age.

Duff, yes it's remarkable how his turned himself around, he looks good because he is now healthy and dresses well. His face shows his history, but in a good way,I just hope to god he never decides to tweak the ageing signs, a la Susan. it's never a good look on a man and rarely IMO for a women.

Izzy has aged suddenly in the last year or two, he seems to have lost a lot of weight, I have read he runs, I think it was something Duff prompted him to do. He always looks like he needs a good hair cut, I think he has a scissor phobia.

Slash put on weight after getting sober, I wonder if he developed a sweet tooth? His weight seems to fluctuate quite a bit, he doesn't come across as an exercise sort of man, so probably relies on the live shows to keep weight off.- Not a good solution.

Trying not to be critical of any of them, just observations.

6 minutes ago, Crazedlioness said:

Hello I'm new here. I'm Anna and I'm from ireland. I just read about 155 pages of this forum and absolutely loved and laughed at everything you ladies said but I got so tired so decided to skip to the recent posts. I hope you don't mind me spying on ye and joining in xx

Dia dhuit my friend and welcome!

• Like 1

Aww thank you. It's good to finally make myself known after spying for so long and just quietly saying my opinions in my own head. I think every gnr member (maybe Barr izzy) has looked better in the past year than in last ten years. They all seem to have gotten themselves very fit for the reunion. I have to admit I almost cried when I found out axi shaved off the moustache haha 

• Like 1

I always forget Dizzy, bless him. funny if you look at Dizzy photos he has changed the most. He also has some very interesting looks over the years. He has aged pretty fairly, but Is it me or does he never seem to have clothes that fit him? those daughters of his need to take him in hand, I'm sure the women in Duffs life influence him a lot.

Hi Anna, brave of you to try and start from the beginning. 

• Like 2

@killuridols Girl, whatever spell you cast on Axl is working. He is staying at the same hotel with the rest of the band. He had breakfast in the morning at the hotel lobby. Fans took pics with him. He signed autographs and he seems to be in a very good mood according to reports we are getting. Somehow I'm gonna make sure you get close to him more often  :lol:

I know we mainly discussed AFD5 here, but since Matt was mentioned, just wanna say that for Gilby, and his wife as well, time has stopped in the 90's. Both looks great and their daughter is Gilby-mini me :lol:

• Like 2

My theory about Axl looking different is that it's partly down to his eyebrows. We all know the eyebrows can really change how a person looks, and back in the day Axl's were properly shaped, thicker and darker. He also did his lashes and eyes, because like Michael Caine his colouring is really fair. At some point he gave up on all that, and it was around that time he started to look different. Then he started using eyeliner again, but in a really unflattering way. I suspect Erin helped him in those early days, and tbh for that reason alone I think he should consider calling her, because his more recent look tells me the people around him don't know what they're doing.

23 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I'm convinced TB are one of the major (or even THE major factor) to blame for this ridiculous feud going on for so long in the first place. Remember, Beta even refused to be in one room with Slash during some party at Marc Canter's and they refused to get Axl help because "it was all just Slash's fault anyway".

If they truly cared about Axl, they would have helped him to deal with his pain and various issues in healing, constructive ways, instead of encouraging his fears and delusions.

I think so too. They revelled in the feud and used it to their advantage. It's so sad. I honestly think he'd have been better off without them. Whatever short-term benefits of having them in his life when he was struggling, is not worth the long-term consequences of lost years, co-dependance and control. Look at Amanda Bynes. He'd have been better off getting hospitalised, having a proper treatment plan in place with professionals and then getting on with his life. There's no reason why he couldn't have a family of his own, or reconciled with Slash much sooner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazedlioness said:

Aww thank you. It's good to finally make myself known after spying for so long and just quietly saying my opinions in my own head. I think every gnr member (maybe Barr izzy) has looked better in the past year than in last ten years. They all seem to have gotten themselves very fit for the reunion. I have to admit I almost cried when I found out axi shaved off the moustache haha 

I think we all cried tears of joy :lol:.....that mustache was just god awful!!!! 

• Like 1