GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I'm always puzzled by Axl's caretakers logic, what good did keeping Axl isolated from the others, both for Axl and the band itself? Like, it doesn't take a genius to see it didn't any favor to Axl mentally but putting this aside for a moment, how could the band survive if they weren't talking to each other? I really don't get the logic.

I just want the eu dates out, at this point i don't even care if i can't make it (lies, i would care) i just want the suspence to stop at least for the tour 

10 minutes ago, Frey said:

Axl cried bitterly when Slash went to play with someone Axl thought was a child molestor.

Axl cried bitterly (and was suicidal) when Slash left.

Axl became very depressed (according to himself) because Slash said some not so nice things about him.

Axl clearly was very upset by Slash's drug use and all the times Slash died probably were very upsetting for Axl too (like @MillionsOfSpiders said, the whole raven story might have been some kind of trauma/shock thing in reaction to watching Slash die/lying around dead on the floor).

And he probably also cried and was very disappointed when he wanted to move in with Slash and then Slash backed out at the last moment after they'd already been house shopping.

Yeah, they were truly a mess about each other at the end, in desperate need of couple therapy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, Izzy does a lot of reaching out I think. He regularly tried to visit or call Axl even when Axl refused to see him/Beta blocked Izzy from seeing Axl. He tried to convince Axl to go to the RRHOF. He's at Slash's and Duff's bithday parties, etc.

And man, reading through this thread, one gets the impression Slash made Axl cry and/or unhappy a whole lot. Pretty depressing stuff.

Axl cried bitterly when Slash went to play with someone Axl thought was a child molestor.

Axl cried bitterly (and was suicidal) when Slash left.

Axl became very depressed (according to himself) because Slash said some not so nice things about him.

Axl clearly was very upset by Slash's drug use and all the times Slash died probably were very upsetting for Axl too (like @MillionsOfSpiders said, the whole raven story might have been some kind of trauma/shock thing in reaction to watching Slash die/lying around dead on the floor).

And he probably also cried and was very disappointed when he wanted to move in with Slash and then Slash backed out at the last moment after they'd already been house shopping.

Just off the top off my head. There's probably more shit like that. Just goes to show how radically different things look depending on whose perspective you take.

You just said a mouthful boo. You can never look at one side of a coin and deem it authentic (wooden nickels come to mind) It's like I said in an earlier post that all hands are somewhat dirty but we will never really know how deep the well travels in regards to this. 

Why would anyone isolate part of a team unless they saw them as easy prey? Why couldn't said team have the balls to say fuck the PTB and get shit off their chest? One could argue that they were all to strung out to properly pay attention to the fact that they were being manipulated as well. 

Hopefully some of this has been hashed out between them.

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

N' I really want Them to come to Jakarta, Indonesia :max:

How am I suppose to ask my parents to let me go to Singapore to watch an 80s-90s rock band??

My mom expect me to wanna watch Coldplay, I answered "nah, I'd rather watch Guns N' Roses" 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Couldnt that also be perceived as a grand gesture as @Lumikki described he does too? 

I think it counts as the kind of thing Slash described. I mean what's more grand than declaring your gratitude and love for someone in front of thousands of people live on stage?

Wonder what kind of grand gestures Axl did for Slash though.

22 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

The thing is, I completely agree with that. The manager should manage the band and take care of the business aspect of things and keep the talent's best interest in mind. You don't want the manager to dictate the artist's material!

Stage fright/anxiety issues make so much sense in hindsight. But then I look at all of the old recording and bootlegs and it just boggles the mind... Out of all the musicians I've seen, Axl seemed the most natural on stage. He wasn't overly theatrical, didn't seem choreographed, spoke to the audience as though he was looking each and every person in the eye and generally treated the stage as though it was his own personal playground. So when I look at his performance I think, "THAT guy has stage fright? WTF?!"

Obviously the logical part of me admits that one can be a phenomenal performer and have stage fright as well...

Yeah, I agree with you (and Axl as well). The thought of Niven meddling with GNR's music doesn't thrill me at all. There are more diplomatic ways of dealing with that situation though than throwing his work out of the window. But we're talking about Axl here, so... :P

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The irony is that, not long after, Niven broke up with his wife because she was cheating on him with the singer of Great White. Niven says in Mick Wall's book that this was an additional reason for his "breakdown" and his belief that he was under "psychic attack" from Axl and Yoda :facepalm:

Yeah, I sort of was aware that Niven didn't actually stay together forever with his wife, but this is even worse than I thought.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In Mick Wall's book he says that back then (during the UYI tour) he thought he was doing the right thing when he wouldn't let Slash and Duff talk to Axl and confront him, but now he regrets doing it:

YSyDigy.jpg

Bah, reading this makes me so angry. On what planet is isolating people from each other and zero communication the key to success?

And yeah, Axl is sensitive, but he's not completely beyond being reasoned with. I refuse to believe it was completely impossible to talk to Axl about whatever problems and difficulties may have arisen. That's never the impression I got from him.

(Not to mention that Slash and Duff, even as fucked up as they were, would surely have been capable of phrasing things in slightly more constructive ways than "You're being a big fucking cunt." should they have really needed to/been expected to.)

Kindergarden children are better at this communication thing than they are. :facepalm:

I agree with you about him lying before about the Barcelona thing.

3 hours ago, lilacmess said:

I'm probably far off, but this excerpt actually reminds me of the first verse of 'Better':

No one ever told me when
I was alone
They just thought I'd know better, better

I don't think it's far off, I've wondered before if these lines refer to stuff like the mistakes he made in dealing with his band mates.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

You and me both girl, you and me both!

:unsure: I am thinking of the years to come without these videos and pics we get daily.

Are you people aware that in a year or so all of this will stop AGAIN? :unsure:

I'm devastated :unsure:

40 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Not a pic...but this clip has a good close-up of his eyes. :)

emsiwjsnsjwwkks:drool: 

21 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

slashaxl_zpsparzsw3y.jpg

Pink. Shades. I. Need. :nervous:

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:unsure: I am thinking of the years to come without these videos and pics we get daily.

I'm trying to not think of when that will happen. :( I'm in complete and utter  denial that it will! 

And shades. Yes please! I also need me a pair of those!  

10 minutes ago, dgnr said:

You two...bite your tongue!! And don't you ever say that out loud. Nothing's gonna stop! They will tour this world 3 times, they will realease albums, make interviews and win grammys and oscars and all that. Everything is gonna be perfect. GN'R fans already suffered for a lifetime, now we believe even more in eternal love, unicorns, pots of gold coins at the end of the rainbow and happily ever after endings :hug:

Sorry..that is why I push it back in my mind..way way back and try not to ever ever think of that. But from now on just happy go lucky thoughts. PROMISE!!!! :Drock3

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

emsiwjsnsjwwkks:drool: 

Don´t think about it now.  Enjoy the here and now.

And yees, we all want those pink shades!

• Like 1