GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And (Beta has told this story too):

‘Axl gets on the horse and pulls up to the front door, and I knock on the door and go hide in the bushes.’ Next thing, ‘He’s on the horse apologising to her and, you know what, honest to god, it was one of the cutest things I’d ever seen. I’m hiding in the bushes watching this guy. I mean, he’s pouring his heart and soul out. He’s never been on a horse in his fucking life! And the horse is moving back and forth and he has no idea how to control it. It was just adorable. What we do for love …’

I was re-reading this because first time I read it quickly and omg :facepalm: 
WAS BETA HIDING IN THE BUSHES??!!!!!!! :scared:

geez, Axl, noooo, noooo, nooooo :no:

You don't take your "mom" with you when you try to apologize to your girlfriend! :facepalm:

Any guy with a mother helping him in his "relationship" is a huge turn off.
Please guys don't you ever do that. :unsure:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I have no idea if he has a disorder like that or not. Like I said before, I'm not in position to diagnose him.

I'm also not generalizing that he is or was like this with every woman in his life.

But since we are always going back to those quotes where people (not Axl) say "he loved her to death", the Stephanie case is all I can speculate about because, along with Erin, they are the only two relationships of him that we have more information and details.

Yeah, Axl never said he loved Steph (or anyone else) "to death". This is Dougie's standard phrase, it seems. He had said he loved her though (when they were still together).

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I was re-reading this because first time I read it quickly and omg :facepalm: 
WAS BETA HIDING IN THE BUSHES??!!!!!!! :scared:

geez, Axl, noooo, noooo, nooooo :no:

You don't take your "mom" with you when you try to apologize to your girlfriend! :facepalm:

Any guy with a mother helping him in his "relationship" is a huge turn off.
Please guys don't you ever do that. :unsure:

:lol: it wasn't Beta behind the bushes, it was Doug. Doug tells the story. I just mentioned that Beta had told the same story to point out that it isn't the first time this story surfaces.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

:lol: it wasn't Beta behind the bushes, it was Doug. Doug tells the story. I just mentioned that Beta had told the same story to point out that it isn't the first time this story surfaces.

well, that's even worse :no: because Goldstein is a creep :scared: and the image of him behind the bushes is creepy AF :nervous:

But I have read this story before from Beta too :suspicious: in an "interview" she gave around the early 2000's

I didn't remember the bushes thing :lol: but her rethoric was pretty similar to Doughie's, drooling over the whole "fairy tale" crap and how all women dream of that (bullshit)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I agree, though I do think his intentions were good and his emotions very much real. It's not cute or adorable, it's a symptom of how very screwed up he was.

I guess it all comes back to that issue we recently discussed in relation to Slash and the other guys in the band- Axl likes making grand gestures, but he doesn't know how to properly communicate or express love. What relationships and love really are about, as you said.

The shit Axl did in his romantic relationships are perfect examples of ridiculously grand gestures again. Riding in on white horse, caged birds, threatening to kill himself for love- that's the kind of thing you find in books and movies, in everything from classic literature to crappy daytime TV dramas. And that's probably where he (subconsciously or consciously) got these ideas from too. Since he didn't exactly grow up in a very loving environment, media depictions of "love" probably were his main reference point for that kind of thing, as sad as it is.

In regards to this, iirc Slash said in his book that Axl likes making grand gestures when he referred to Axl finding him a job at Tower Records to make amends for fucking his on and off girlfriend (and after a while Axl was fired lol). It doesn't seem to me as an example of a grand gesture. I don't doubt though that Axl likes grand gestures.

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

I said I have not seen an image or photo or whatever of Axl being truly affectionate to any of his ex gfs.

With this I'm not talking about "making out", I'm talking about genuinely showing LOVE for someone.

I have made out with random people and with a partner, of course. But I don't consider it like a special display of affection, since you can make out with a prostitute or a one-night-stand too.

Yes, kiss on the hand or forehead could be closer to what I meant....
But also a heartfelt hug, a smile, looking straight into the eyes of the other person has more value (to me) than a french kiss.

Kinda hard to explain this with words, over the Internet so if you're confused I don't blame you.

You don't have to leave but your comment sounded condescending to me.

These are wht Axl did to Slash :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, nonok said:

Uh...first of all, not every picture in the universe comes out perfect and tabloid-ready, especially with awkward people like Axl (in the sense that he didn't have a very good idea how to express affection, both physically and emotionally), and every celebrity/model photoshoot produces thousands of pictures, of which they publish only the best.

Secondly, making extreme conclusions like "he was only in love with Erin", "he and Stephanie just lusted after each other" or "he didn't look comfortable around Erin" are pointless. He was in love with both of them (TIL, Sweet Child, the DTJ dedications, the lawsuits, etc.), we have no idea who he loved more (probably Erin, but again, we just don't know because we can't read his thoughts).
As for reciprocation, well, Erin truly loved him, while Stephanie probably only wanted his money and his...

tumblr_nkhdltyN6B1tkqipyo1_500.jpg

C'mon Guys! We know who He loves more, N' its not Erin or Stephanie:rolleyes:

You could imagine if He isnt pro hetero :rolleyes:

slaxl__how_to_love_1_by_judax22-d7du48o.

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 3

On December 12, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Padme said:

It is a virtual sold out. If you check stubhub, ebay and other places you will find tickets. Even at Ticketmaster you will find resales, at least for some shows. It will be sould out at some point. Now the fact remains that we are 6 months away from the shows. I'm planning to go to 5 shows. I have tickets for 1. I'm buying more tickets later.

do u plan to get pit tix or really $$ expensive tix? u get the day of or so? I bought all 3 pit tix...but Im looking at other shows but I'd buy last minute but I'd only want pit/good seats...

2 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

do u plan to get pit tix or really $$ expensive tix? u get the day of or so? I bought all 3 pit tix...but Im looking at other shows but I'd buy last minute but I'd only want pit/good seats...

Just tickets, I'm not buying those packages. I got Golden Circle for Madrid that one was my priority.  My plan is 3 shows in June and 2 in July. The shows I'm planing take place during weekends. In a few cases I may spend a couple of days in a given city.

57 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Can I add my five cents to the discussion here? First off, I'm quite sure none of us can say Axl is or isn't a sociopath; we don't know the guy, and even if we did, that shit is really, really hard to tell, because sociopaths and psychopaths are good at hiding their disorders. Secondly, we have no clue who Axl did or didn't love at some point in time, however we can always speculate. I personally do believe Axl loved both Erin and Stephanie, I mean, why the fuck else would he have been with them and done all those things? I don't think it comes across as creepy, just naive and pitiful. I have a friend who's sorta like that. He traveled half the world to go seduce this chick he loves and get her back from her current boyfriend, and once there spoiled her with things for hundreds and hundreds of dollar (and we're talking about a poor uni student here, mind you). Grand gesture. Does that mean he doesn't love that girl? Fuck no. And now naturally I can't speak for Axl, because for obvious reasons I don't know anything about that, but how did the discussion go from "oh, Axl did weird things to his women" to "oh, Axl is probably a sociopath"? 

Sometimes this thread confuses me. 

In 1994 during the lawsuit Axl had with Erin and Stephanie. Erin did an interview with People magazine. She claimed that for more than a year after the break up Axl was pretty much stoking her. According to Erin, Axl would call her, send her flowers and letter. These stuff took place when he was dating Stephanie. It doesn't sounds like Axl was madly in love with Stephanie if he was trying to persuade Erin to get back with him.

On top of that we have the videos where Stephanie was playing the role of Erin. In Don't Cry, the fight with the gun scene and the pool drowning scene. In November Rain, pretty much the whole video

I believe that the issue with Stephanie it has to do with her son. Axl really loved that kid. There was only one way for him to keep the kid. Meaning he needed to keep Stephanie. In the making of the Estranged video, Axl talkes about Dylan. They made the opening scene in what it used to be the kid's room. And Axl also says that he is not allowed to see the kid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

In 1994 during the lawsuit Axl had with Erin and Stephanie. Erin did an interview with People magazine. She claimed that for more than a year after the break up Axl was pretty much stoking her. According to Erin, Axl would call her, send her flowers and letter. These stuff took place when he was dating Stephanie. It doesn't sounds like Axl was madly in love with Stephanie if he was trying to persuade Erin to get back with him.

On top of that we have the videos where Stephanie was playing the role of Erin. In Don't Cry, the fight with the gun scene and the pool drowning scene. In November Rain, pretty much the whole video

I believe that the issue with Stephanie it has to do with her son. Axl really loved that kid. There was only one way for him to keep the kid. Meaning he needed to keep Stephanie. In the making of the Estranged video, Axl talkes about Dylan. They made the opening scene in what it used to be the kid's room. And Axl also says that he is not allowed to see the kid.

Well....you have to remember that they didn't get together until after the concept for the trilogy was conceptualized. They weren't together proper until iirc after the filming of November Rain. By that time Stephanie was contractually obligated to carry out those roles. So I don't think Axl was being malicious or trying to put Stephanie in Erin's place as it were, it just happened that she came along at a time when he was exorcising his demons. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Well....you have to remember that they didn't get together until after the concept for the trilogy was conceptualized. They weren't together proper until iirc after the filming of November Rain. By that time Stephanie was contractually obligated to carry out those roles. So I don't think Axl was being malicious or trying to put Stephanie in Erin's place as it were, it just happened that she came along at a time when he was exorcising his demons. 

I didn't say anything about Axl being malicious. I'm disputing the comments saying that he was deeply in love with Stephanie.  Axl and Stephanie relationship started when she was hired to make Don't Cry. That was around early or mid 91. Yet Axl kept chasing Erin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I didn't say anything about Axl being malicious. I'm disputing the comments saying that he was deeply in love with Stephanie.  Axl and Stephanie relationship started when she was hired to make Don't Cry. That was around early or mid 91. Yet Axl kept chasing Erin.

No I wasn't saying you were calling him malicious :) just looking at things from a different angle. The video theories have come up a couple of times now as well as him chasing Erin during that time. 

6 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

No I wasn't saying you were calling him malicious :) just looking at things from a different angle. The video theories have come up a couple of times now as well as him chasing Erin during that time. 

No teories about the videos. Watch the Making of the videos. They explain a few things. No theory either about him chasing Erin. It was Erin herself who said that in an interview. She said that after their break, Axl was still trying to get back with her. And he spent more than a year trying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padme said:

No teories about the videos. Watch the Making of the videos. They explain a few things. No theory either about him chasing Erin. It was Erin herself who said that in an interview. She said that after their break, Axl was still trying to get back with her. And he spent more than a year trying.

I've watched them all.....I just don't see them the way others do. ;)

7 hours ago, john lennon said:

Can I add my five cents to the discussion here? First off, I'm quite sure none of us can say Axl is or isn't a sociopath; we don't know the guy, and even if we did, that shit is really, really hard to tell, because sociopaths and psychopaths are good at hiding their disorders. Secondly, we have no clue who Axl did or didn't love at some point in time, however we can always speculate. I personally do believe Axl loved both Erin and Stephanie, I mean, why the fuck else would he have been with them and done all those things? I don't think it comes across as creepy, just naive and pitiful. I have a friend who's sorta like that. He traveled half the world to go seduce this chick he loves and get her back from her current boyfriend, and once there spoiled her with things for hundreds and hundreds of dollar (and we're talking about a poor uni student here, mind you). Grand gesture. Does that mean he doesn't love that girl? Fuck no. And now naturally I can't speak for Axl, because for obvious reasons I don't know anything about that, but how did the discussion go from "oh, Axl did weird things to his women" to "oh, Axl is probably a sociopath"? 

Sometimes this thread confuses me. 

When it comes to love, each case is different and we can't really compare stories because each couple have their own history and their own inner workings and lots of shit people from the outside never know. So probably your friend loves his gf or maybe he's just a crazy guy. We will never know about that.

The sociopath thing is something @Blackstar put on the table and I backed off from it because, as I said, I don't feel I can label him like that (he or anyone), I'm not psychiatrist but all in all, it is understood that we are sharing opinions here and that's all about it.

I'm sorry you are confused. Maybe try to read each response and follow the thread of the discussion paying more attention :shrugs:

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I feel Axl used that kid as an excuse to attach himself to Stephanie and play victim... That was not his kid and he was not helping raise the kid either. Their relationship was too short and not so consistant as for him to feel like the kid belonged to him or something.

He's not allowed to see the kid because that was not his kid and there was an accussation from Stephanie about Axl beating her up so I don't think a judge would allow that small child around an alleged wifebeater.

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I've watched them all.....I just don't see them the way others do. ;)

What @Padme said to you it is not her opinion, it is FACT.

Axl and Stephanie hooked up in early 1991, when she was hired to play the role of "Elizabeth" in the Don't Cry video and later in "November Rain" video.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Again no, I just see things differently is all. No twisting facts and such just choosing not to focus on the negative ;)

What negative? Nobody is saying anything negative. You are twisting things. I just pointed out things they have said. If you don't believe what Erin has said then go to her FB page and debate with her. If you don't believe the explanations Axl gave in the making of the videos. Go to his twitter account and debate with him his own words

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

What negative? Nobody is saying anything negative. You are twisting things. I just pointed out things they have said. If you don't believe what Erin has said then go to her FB page and debate with her. If you don't believe the explanations Axl gave in the making of the videos. Go to his twitter account and debate with him his own words

I'm not talking about any one of you saying anything negative, I'm talking about the Axl/Stehpanie/Erin situation. Nobody is debating words and you chicks are taking this waaaaayyyyy too seriously. I guess divergent pov's are not welcome or something....damn I didn't think it was all that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I'm not talking about any one of you saying anything negative, I'm talking about the Axl/Stehpanie/Erin situation. Nobody is debating words and you chicks are taking this waaaaayyyyy too seriously. I guess divergent pov's are not welcome or something....damn I didn't think it was all that.

What are you talking about? You started this thing saying you look at their own words from a different angle. You don't see things the way other people see things. When they explain things in their own words. I'm afraid there is little room for any personal interpretation

• Like 1