GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I scrolled down his fb profile and there's some other interesting stuff:

golst-fb-mj_zpsalz1clux.jpg

Oh, I always wondered what Axl was going on about there. Makes sense now.

Also: "Yes, Slash, this includes YOU."

Slash should know better than anyone what a sensitive little thing Axl is, it's dumb for him to completely disregard the possibility that Axl might have been really hurt and upset about the whole thing. Especially since Axl probably told Slash all about his messed up childhood and shit.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Frey said:

Oh, I always wondered what Axl was going on about there. Makes sense now.

Also: "Yes, Slash, this includes YOU."

Slash should know better than anyone what a sensitive little thing Axl is, it's dumb for him to completely disregard the possibility that Axl might have been really hurt and upset about the whole thing. Especially since Axl probably told Slash all about his messed up childhood and shit.

IMG_2876.PNG

• Like 2

I don't understand why he keeps posting about guns and specifically Axl like a fu****g demented :facepalm: it's a closed chapter of his life so he should move on with his own life and enjoy his children if they are so important to him!  I don't know if this man knows the meaning of the word dignity and if he has one...

Edited by Nightrain92
Typos

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_2876.PNG

I have information from the other side of the fence and though they do not rule out what Doug Goldstein said about MJ, they've told me its not 100% THAT ISSUE.

Maybe it was a trigger for hell breaking loose.

Too bad Axl won't ever publish his autobiography and say what's the real deal with this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_2876.PNG

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I have information from the other side of the fence and though they do not rule out what Doug Goldstein said about MJ, they've told me its not 100% THAT ISSUE.

Maybe it was a trigger for hell breaking loose.

Too bad Axl won't ever publish his autobiography and say what's the real deal with this.

I really don't think the MJ thing was THE issue that broke the band either, but I do think it played a role in the two of them drifting further and further apart and becoming more and more "estranged".

Or as Doug Goldstein put it somewhere, it was the moment that "made Axl fall out of love with Slash". Their relationship was already heading in the wrong direction and the whole MJ thing likely accelerated it and/or cemented it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

I really don't think the MJ thing was THE issue that broke the band either, but I do think it played a role in the two of them drifting further and further apart and becoming more and more "estranged".

Or as Doug Goldstein put it somewhere, it was the moment that "made Axl fall out of love with Slash". Their relationship was already heading in the wrong direction and the whole MJ thing likely accelerated it and/or cemented it.

Yup.

I've been told that.

But Axl is the only one who really knows if that's his whole issue or part of it. I wish he would talk. We know he won't ¬¬

How so? Slash has made guest apearences. But he wasn't with MJ 24/7. Slash has collaborated with tons of people. Sounds more like Axl was butthurt because he wasn't getting the same kind of appreciation from other artists

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

How so? Slash has made guest apearences. But he wasn't with MJ 24/7. Slash has collaborated with tons of people. Sounds more like Axl was butthurt because he wasn't getting the same kind of appreciation from other artists

?????

Axl thought MJ was a pedophile (and he probably really was).

If my close friend whom I'd told all about my life and traumas went and knowingly supported or worked with a guy like that, I'd be hurt and disappointed too. And I'm in no way a sensitive little flower like Axl.

It's just a really shitty move to pull on a friend. Especially if all you get out of it is a TV or something. Wasn't that another thing Axl apparently couldn't understand according to Goldstein? That Slash went to play with MJ and all he got for it was a flatscreen TV. In Axl's dramatic mind, this is bound to look like "A fucking flatscreen TV is more important to him than all my pain and suffering."

Edited by Frey

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

?????

Axl thought MJ was a pedophile (and he probably really was).

If my close friend whom I'd told all about my life and traumas went and knowingly supported or worked with a guy like that, I'd be hurt and disappointed too. And I'm in no way a sensitive little flower like Axl.

It's just a really shitty move to pull on a friend. Especially if all you get out of it is a TV or something. Wasn't that another thing Axl apparently couldn't understand according to Goldstein? That Slash went to play with MJ and all he got for it was a flatscreen TV. In Axl's dramatic mind, this is bound to look like "A fucking flatscreen TV is more important to him than all my pain and suffering."

Damn....when you lay it out that way, it does seem really shitty. And honestly, I know exactly how Axl felt (if everything is accurate) 

I understand that. But many (if not all) artist have scheletons in their closet. And that includes Axl. How do you think Slash felt when his friend came up with OIAM, using the N word in a song in their own band?  Yet Slash played, right? And turned a blid eye. Didn't make too much of big deal.

I don't think Slash mother was very happy about that song either

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't know, he did do some really cool guest appearances back in the day, right up until about 94ish? 

I could see him being jealous of Slash too. Although definitely not with MJ.

Guess we will never know unless like @killuridols says he releases his own book, can't see him doing that though. What's he going to do about all the stories we know about that he'd rather we didn't? 

:shrugs:

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

I understand that. But many (if not all) artist have scheletons in their closet. And that includes Axl. How do you think Slash felt when his friend came up with OIAM, using the N word in a song in their own band?  Yet Slash played, right? And turned a blid eye. Didn't make too much of big deal.

This is something we agree on. I know that had to be uncomfortable for Slash....and I bet Ola reamed his ass but good for agreeing to play it. As for turning a blind eye...I don't think he really did which probably contributed to Axl having to defend the song left and right.

Slash didn't make too big a deal out of it back then, but he did later say it hurt him and caused him a lot of difficulties. Imo, The OIAM issue is yet another thing that led to their eventual falling out, just like the MJ thing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

Slash didn't make too big a deal out of it back then, but he did later say it hurt him and caused him a lot of difficulties. Imo, The OIAM issue is yet another thing that led to their eventual falling out, just like the MJ thing.

So they are even then. That was my point. Both can claim being hurt by each other's actions

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yup.

I've been told that.

But Axl is the only one who really knows if that's his whole issue or part of it. I wish he would talk. We know he won't ¬¬

I wish he would talk more about it as well. But at the same time I think... what would be the point of talking now? In the past 20 years whenever Axl has spoken about it, his words were ridiculed. Even after last year's resurgence, Axl is thought of as a bit of a joke (even by his fans). Besides, there are too many people that have come forward with their accounts of what happened back then and a lot of them corroborate each other. So I feel that now it's got the point that unless Axl comes out and agrees to all the stuff everyone else has said, if his account of that time deviates even a little bit, he will be mocked and brushed aside as a delusional egomaniac.

41 minutes ago, Padme said:

I've always thought that jealousy was a big part of it. But if I give Axl the benefit of doubt, maybe rather than jealousy Axl thought Slash was working with people that Axl didn't respect and thought were beneath their station...

"I never said that I was bitter," Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. "Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears … hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away." - Axl Speaks (Rolling Stone, Jan 2000)

It might also have been impending fear of Slash leaving. In the 90's during the dormant periods of GnR, Slash was out there playing with/for other artists. He continued building his profile as a musician and started to separate himself from GnR. It is possible that Axl feared loosing Slash long before Slash actually left, which could have fed his paranoia and negativity.

BTW: I think VMA-92 was the only time Axl turned up to collect an award for GnR back then... but I'm not 100%. Could some one confirm or correct me if I'm wrong?

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

I still feel a little... sceptical about the how much the other guys protested recording OIAM. One part of me believes them and feels great empathy for Slash and his family... but another part of me looks back at the '87 CBGB video and can't help but doubt it all. :shrugs:

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I wish he would talk more about it as well. But at the same time I think... what would be the point of talking now? In the past 20 years whenever Axl has spoken about it, his words were ridiculed. Even after last year's resurgence, Axl is thought of as a bit of a joke (even by his fans). Besides, there are too many people that have come forward with their accounts of what happened back then and a lot of them corroborate each other. So I feel that now it's got the point that unless Axl comes out and agrees to all the stuff everyone else has said, if his account of that time deviates even a little bit, he will be mocked and brushed aside as a delusional egomaniac.

I've always thought that jealousy was a big part of it. But if I give Axl the benefit of doubt, maybe rather than jealousy Axl thought Slash was working with people that Axl didn't respect and thought were beneath their station...

"I never said that I was bitter," Rose explains, characteristically concerned with making fine distinctions. "Hurt, yeah. Disappointed. I mean, with Slash, I remember crying about all kinds of things in my life, but I had never felt hot, burning tears … hot, burning tears of anger. Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. Playing with everyone from Space Ghost to Michael Jackson. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away." - Axl Speaks (Rolling Stone, Jan 2000)

It might also have been impending fear of Slash leaving. In the 90's during the dormant periods of GnR, Slash was out there playing with/for other artists. He continued building his profile as a musician and started to separate himself from GnR. It is possible that Axl feared loosing Slash long before Slash actually left, which could have fed his paranoia and negativity.

BTW: I think VMA-92 was the only time Axl turned up to collect an award for GnR back then... but I'm not 100%. Could some one confirm or correct me if I'm wrong?

I still feel a little... sceptical about the how much the other guys protested recording OIAM. One part of me believes them and feels great empathy for Slash and his family... but another part of me looks back at the '87 CBGB video and can't help but doubt it all. :shrugs:

I don't think Slash was a happy camper...someone took liberty with it a little and Slash was not amused.

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

So they are even then. That was my point. Both can claim being hurt by each other's actions

Well, yeah. They both did a lot of stuff to hurt each other. It's really not very surprising their relationship eventually turned so sour and bitter.

6 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Yeah, Izzy is the only one who seemed legitimately upset and against the song being on the album in interviews.

Duff has always presented a very PC version of the song's origin and meaning to the public (whether he really believed/believes that or not is a different matter).

Steven's frankly too dumb and probably was too high to really have had a meaningful opinion on the matter. And it's not like his opinion would have been taken seriously by the rest of the band anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Well, yeah. They both did a lot of stuff to hurt each other. It's really not very surprising their relationship eventually turned so sour and bitter.

Yeah, Izzy is the only one who seemed legitimately upset and against the song being on the album in interviews.

Duff has always presented a very PC version of the song's origin and meaning to the public (whether he really believed/believes that or not is a different matter).

Steven's frankly too dumb and probably was too high to really have had a meaningful opinion on the matter. And it's not like his opinion would have been taken seriously by the rest of the band anyway.

Again something I agree with.

• Like 1

Ok girls, lets get back to what is important. I found this in the Japan Show thread. Personal trainer and Axl in the same sentence :o :headbang:

Looks like Axl's personal trainer is already in Japan, but he didn't came in the band's plane. jordanfperform is his instagram.

Edited 50 minutes ago by Rickodez

1 minute ago, Frey said:

... yeah but my mind again goes back to the CBGB video in which both Izzy and Duff can be seen laughing a singing along to the song. You can't see Slash's reaction cuz he's turned away. In fact Steven was the only one that looked a little bummed out (though that could have been due to him not having much to do other than shaking that tambourine). Their body language and the looks on their faces read to me as, "I can't believe we're getting away with it!"

Idk, I have really mixed feeling on the matter...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

That Fortus thread is getting better and better, if you like trainwrecks as much as I do. :rofl-lol:

The one about Tommy is second close. Great competition.

You forgot about the Melissa video interview. Lit, dope, rad  :rofl-lol:

Seriously we need the 3 big to give interviews. So the focuse is them and Izzy. With Tommy and Richard, the focus are Fink, Buckethead and Bumblefoot

• Like 2