GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I went to the Manchester show too. It's my all time favourite show I've ever attended (for now). I'm still blown away with how he handled all of that negativity, I felt really nervous for him before the Lisbon show. People really wanted him to fail. 

I agree that 90% of the people who went to that particular show were fine but we got hassled by AC/DC fans on the tram through Manchester, picking up all of the drunk ones from the pubs :/ They didn't like our GnR shirts and said some really stupid things to us. :max:

You wore Guns shirts to an AC/DC gig? Bold. :lol: 

What I meant by the crowd was that people weren't throwing shit and putting up signs just to egg him on (which has happened at previous Guns gigs). The crowd seemed cautions at first but ready to have a good time.

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 2

Just now, KiraMPD said:

What I meant by the crowed was that people weren't throwing shit and putting up signs just to egg him on (which has happened at previous Guns gigs). The crowed seemed cautions at first but ready to have a good time.

Yes, everyone who I went with wore one :lol:

They were the same in the stadium where I was. Kind of like a bit hostile and you could tell, after the first few songs they were into it though. There's no way the band can't have noticed the intitial coolness from where I was. Still, some of those  people were wankers, we found a little group of other guns fans and had a great time. 

48 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Well, he doesn't have to do anything... As for the rest, would you prefer if he retired at this point? I was pretty much convinced that he had retired after 2014...

If he was writing a biography or whatever he was writing, it means he had the intention to put it out. That's why I say he has to do it and face the reactions.... Who knows if fans like it, love it and praise him for it? Anticipating for negativity it's useless and if there is some negativity, what gives...?

Retirement...I think he's still somewhat young for retirement and he should milk the few years of activity that's he's got because, unfortunately, he wasted most of his prime. If he keeps singing the same way he did for ACDC then why waste it again and not record a song, an album, whatever... Just do fucking something.

Now if he's gonna go hole up in his Malibu cave and not do shit, then ok, say goodbye and at least release what's in the vault. As a farewell... :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I felt really nervous for him before the Lisbon show. People really wanted him to fail. 

I agree that 90% of the people who went to that particular show were fine but we got hassled by AC/DC fans on the tram through Manchester, picking up all of the drunk ones from the pubs :/ They didn't like our GnR shirts and said some really stupid things to us. :max:

Me too. When the crew was setting up the stage, I felt like praying to rock gods for his voice to be ok. Had this guy in front of me always badmouthing Axl...hadn't I only 5'1 and I would kick his ass haha But fair fucks to the guy, he was one of the first to chant Axl's name and was really, really amazed at the end of the show - guess our boy have one more fan now, at least :P

I have a friend that had a ticket already and was about to sell it when Axl was announced, he had nothing against Axl, but he do wanted to see Brian. Turns out he decided to go because the frenzy on the press and rock circle was so big that he just said: 'Fuck it! I have to go, even if Axl fails, this is gonna be the shit either way'. He didn't love it, but thought that Axl did a good job. He only complaint to me this 'You know, at the 3rd song I was looking at the stage, trying to find Slash. That voice isn't complete without Slash's guitar playing'. Cute, really :axl92::heart::slash:

I miss Axl/DC :ph34r:

1 hour ago, KiraMPD said:

I wore mine too. In the morning catching the train to Lisbon from my city I felt some scary eyes to me. In the venue, well, there was such a flood that no outfit could resist that, so right there nobody saw it, had to zip a winter jacket up in May in fuckin Lisbon. But right next to me was a brazilian guy with his GN'R shirt, kudos to him!

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

The problem is that he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  The bashing has been going on for years and no one is ever happy....unfortunately it's just how it has always been where GNR is concerned. :P

Well then he shouldn't have care about every single people thoughts. You can't satisfy everyone anyway so just be yourself. Overthinking is what makes you stressful and may even turns you crazy lunatic :( 

You know, I feel sorry for him and his life. I can't believe someone like Axl Rose would be on his way to be a lone old man with cats.

Speaking of crazy lunatic :P I'm starting to think what if his on stage controversial antics in the 90s is his reaction to that tragedy during one of GN'R concert that killed several people. Maybe ever since that tragedy he became too scared of any unexpected audiences antics or basically anything unexpected during the show, leading him to make like too consistent setlist or even underperform during the show now.

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Speaking of crazy lunatic :P I'm starting to think what if his on stage controversial antics in the 90s is his reaction to that tragedy during one of GN'R concert that killed several people. Maybe ever since that tragedy he became too scared of any unexpected audiences antics or basically anything unexpected during the show, leading him to make like too consistent setlist or even underperform during the show now.

It could be. I can see where that might have that affect on you.

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Then you would be spot on. That incident at Donnington really shook him up. Having people die during your show will definitely fuck you up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Like this is why he was late to shows that many times making things worst? Because he was scared? 

I'm sorry. I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

It could be. I can see where that might have that affect on you.

I especially remember Steven saying about how he called his Mom and how she helped him realize it wasn't his fault. It's gotta be a horrible thing to wrap your mind around and, without the support system that some of the others had, I'm sure it was really difficult for Axl to process.

It's probably not the entire cause of some of the stuff we saw on stage at that time, but it was definitely another thing piled onto all of the other stuff that goes on in Axl's mind. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Who cares about the fans?

There are a lot of stuff written by fans and non fans out there. We already know what that opinion is about. Now I want to read what he has to say and I dont care what it is.

If people or artists are going to shut down just becasue someone reacts to their output then what will this world become into?

I see no logic in him not writting an autobiography because of those reasons. At this point in his life, and not only him, it happens to a regular Joe too, that people will always talk about what you do or say. Have an opinion on your life but what are you gonna do? Stop going out because of that? Grown up people face whatever and move on. Adult people do not care about these things. Mature people say "ok, I'm sorry, LOL" and keep on doing what they were doing.

Being a coward is the worst you can be. Running away and isolating just because people say shit about you is the behavior of a child.

Why can't he stop being a child for once and face the world, the fans or whoever.... After all, he's just a fucking singer, not a serial killer or a politician who's started a war or left people in total poverty.

Maybe that's the problem with Axl. He thinks he's too much and that he's more important than he really is.

I would love to read his autobiography too. I mean we all know this guy has a lot to say and has kept everything inside, except for what he puts in his lyrics. I don't think he would care if people liked the book or hated it. We all know Axl does exactly what he wants to do when he wants. Or is he too sensitive to write it out of fear that people will hate it. I think it's more like he's waiting till he nears the end of his career and everyone else has already put their books out. I really do find it frustrating and wonder why he isolates so much. Is it just to keep this mystery going? I mean he's said many times he's a very private person and I can respect privacy, but to the extent that you're not even seen or heard of just boggles my mind. There are so many famous people out there that enjoy their privacy but don't go to such extreme lengths to hide out, I mean they're still seen out in public shopping or doing their thing. I would like to challenge Mr. Axl Rose to speak, although he's probably laughing if he reads this. But like you said, he's not a serial killer or a politician so please Mr. Rose say something. I'll take the interview, and be honest about it.:bucket: Meaning I'll be honest about it.

Edited by Ubukitty
Added content

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I agree @killuridols up to a point. This for me is the most frustrating thing about being a fan of Axl Rose and his band.

I think he is scared to release new music, scared to do interviews and scared of what people might say about him. So he hides, he puts gag orders on everyone who works for him. All that makes me think he is so far away from the fearless singer he was in the 1980s. Cowardly behaviour, yes. 

Then he goes and does what he did with AC/DC. Wtf?!?! You can't say that didn't take some fucking guts, because it really did! How can he go and do something so brave like that after all this time? The scrutiny must've been unbearable for him, but he still did it. 

I did kind of feel like I was watching god onstage :lol: he really blew me away that day. 

I thought that Axl was long gone 

To me, Axl has not changed much from those early years.  I think he has no problem taking risks, like the AC/DC gig, especially when he's inspired and he was definitely inspired. 

Being afraid is not the same as being cowardly.  I think Axl is ultra-sensitive and has spent many years being consumed with discovering his identity, and angry at how others perceive him.   Obsessing over details and events in his past, which tipped the scale towards being mentally unhealthy.  I have no doubt that he has music or at least ideas locked away, but if he finds it too painful to expose himself like that now, then I accept it.  Maybe it will still come out someday.

I would love a good biography on Axl, but I don't know that he should write or release his own.  I'm sure it would be "his" truth, but he can't be objective about himself as a subject.  I would rather read other's observations on him. 

9 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

About OIAM from a black woman's POV....the first time I heard it I was like whoa! Are they serious with this song? I mean, I love this band and they are calling their black fans like me the N word? At first I thought they were trying to be funny or sarcastic, even though it wasn't at all. But over time I realized that the song was being told from a third person POV. Those issues were real in the Reagan era and free base and crack were just really starting to hit the streets hard so people were hustling all types of shit to get their fix. Lots of people were fleeing other countries to come to America and many didn't like it. With that being said, I am in no way condoning the use of the prejudice and racial slurs he chose to use to make up the lyrics of the song. I don't care for the song because I feel that by releasing that song, they alienated a part of their fan base that they didn't even truly know existed. Maybe if the 80's had been more PC, that song would not have made on Lies...or at the very least some of the content of the song would have been changed.

To me, it's amazing that song made it on a major label release.  Even at that time, that was never acceptable.  How many people did that have to go through to get approved?   I obviously didn't agree with it, but I understood it was coming from Axl's insular, uneducated point of view at the time, and he just pushed it on the others.  I think he really believed he wasn't being insulting.  And I think all of the criticism he got, did make him rethink and so some research, even if he didn't admit it publically.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

See this is precisely why an autobiography from Axl would serve no purpose! His P.O.V is wildly different from that of everyone else and any future statements he makes, any autobiography he releases would likely be more of the same and would be just as difficult to take seriously... 

Which is just why an autobiography from Axl would be so great. See, the others have already shared their stories, their POV, right? Axl hasn't. And sure, it might be out there and different from the others', but it would still be a cool read. I'd love to read Axl's autobiography for that exact reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Padme said:

:wub:

Wow! He's lost so much weight! I'm not even a big Axl fan but I have to say the way he has turned his life around the past year is awesome to watch. ^_^ Way to go, dude! :shades:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padme said:

:wub:

I'm so happy to see him so healthy too!! Seems he has spent so time working out this holidays :P 

great also to see him spending time to sign autographs and with the fans!! I hope he will be in this mood for the European leg too?

I like Axl cause he is unpredictable and when you think one thing then he comes out with something that shocks you!! 

I have good vibes for this Japan leg of the tour!! Can't wait till tomorrow?