GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 hours ago, dgnr said:

I wouldn't say that he sounded like shit, but he can do better and we all know he can do better...And he only doesn't because fuckin bitch doesn't rehearse, like every other singer in the world - simple as that!  It's not fair that people who get to see the first concerts get a less prepared Axl, just because he doesn't give a shit! I love him to death, but sometimes this guy really gets on my nerves :facepalm:

It's not an AC/DC show, so I really see no point in rehearsing. There's no one to try extra hard for like boss Angus and I'm not being sarcastic. He will get paid and have fun regardless. He sounds good enough to warm up his voice as the tour progresses.

When he takes a break his vocal chords respond accordingly. It's similar to working out. He doesn't like that which is why he's chubby.  I just don't see Axl singing Guns tunes in his down time. Not that type of a singer. (you can call him lazy)

The motivation is just not there to sing Guns tunes with no crowd like a fuckin' asshole.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

I wanted to say something similar earlier but was afraid. 

Axl has no motivation anymore, especially when he can make a quick buck so easily. 

Can he do better? Absolutely. He's a great singer and performer. Does he want to? Not really. IMO.

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's not an AC/DC show, so I really see no point in rehearsing. There's no one to try extra hard for like boss Angus and I'm not being sarcastic. He will get paid and have fun regardless. He sounds good enough to warm up his voice as the tour progresses.

When he takes a break his vocal chords respond accordingly. It's similar to working out. He doesn't like that which is why he's chubby.  I just don't see Axl singing Guns tunes in his down time. Not that type of singer. (you can call him lazy)

The motivation is just not there to sing Guns tunes with no crowd like a fuckin' asshole.

I quite enjoyed the show this morning and by no means considered it one of his weaker tour openers, but having read through some of the debate on the show thread I agree that the people at the beginning of a tour deserve to hear Axl's vocals as strong as those who are at shows where his vocal chords have loosened up. 

Its unprofessional, is he lazy or unmotivated possibly but it's nothing new and his not going to change so I don't understand why people still get emotional about it.

53 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

It looks like an angry vagina...:facepalm:

? Honey, what have you got going on down below ???????

Edited by Archtop

13 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I wanted to say something similar earlier but was afraid. 

Axl has no motivation anymore, especially when he can make a quick buck so easily. 

Can he do better? Absolutely. He's a great singer and performer. Does he want to? Not really. IMO.

I noticed the same..... I didn't watch the whole show today because I'm 12 hours behind so fuck that but the few things I heard he sounded good. However, he fucked up Coma and if that was my show I'd be :max: because when are we gonna hear Coma again? 

In general it feels he doesn't care much for the show.... He half-asses most of the songs, specially November Rain. His performance is good but not excellent, as it should be for the amount of money we pay.

• Like 1

The first couple of shows have always been Axl's rehearsals. He has never rehearsed before a tour or a tour leg (except for AC/DC and when he played with others, e.g. The Stones, but that was because he had to learn the songs and impress another band's fanbase); he went to Rock In Rio 91 and sang a bunch of new songs without having rehearsed them! He's not gonna change a lifetime habit now, although he should, since other things have changed:

- The old shows were spontaneous and unpredictable, so a little sloppiness was not just acceptable but part of the appeal, but now GnR is a professional entertaining machine with planned shows and a static setlist (things that Axl used to hate).

- His voice is not what it used to be so he needs to rehearse, and even to 'relearn' some of the songs in order to sing them in another way that suits his current voice. If he did this, he would sound consistently phenomenal (he still has great vocal ability even though his voice has changed); but because he's been singing these songs all his life, he thinks that he doesn't have to.

That said, I don't think he sounds bad. I watched some of today's videos and he sounded better than he had at the first SA shows.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I quite enjoyed the show this morning and by no means considered it one of his weaker tour openers, but having read through some of the debate on the show thread I agree that the people at the beginning of a tour deserve to hear Axl's vocals as strong as those who are at shows where his vocal chords have loosened up. 

Its unprofessional, is he lazy or unmotivated possibly but it's nothing new and his not going to change so I don't understand why people still get emotional about it.

? Honey, what have you got going on down below ???????

I completely agree with you! I enjoyed the show as well and I think it's not bad at all, the opening night of the SA tour was worse... But for the amount of money that we all payed or are gonna pay for this shows there should be NO difference between them! I mean if I'm going to the first show I should get a performance as good as someone that goes to the last shows cause the price of the tickets are the same for all...

Axl should understand that some of us give up something to buy tickets and this should be his motivation to give 100% every night! I love him but this doesn't mean that I excuse him for everything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Who is Tako?  I see her stuff on Instagram and I love her pictures (so much more than Kat's.)

He is the da bomb.....

:drool:  :drool::drool:IMG_0619.png

She is a megafan who travels all over the world to see GNR and photograph them. Not sure if she is a pro photographer like Kat, but based on her talent it sure looks like it! I love Tako's pics! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Frey said:

So Slash used to talk to Axl and Duff about his personal problems.

Guess the three of them always were some kind of trinity, even back in the UYI days already.

Both in a business sense and also in a relationship sense. Even after everything that happened, they've probably fallen back into that familiar pattern and might be reluctant to disrupt it now.

And that bit:

"Did Axl tell you that his father sexually abused him? (They're asking if Axl had already told him about that in the past, before he went to the media with it).
Yes, I knew about that. We've known each other forever and know each other very closely. There's so much going on around us that we simply have to talk to each other about stuff to deal with everything. We're normal guys and not machines who go on stage like robots to play."

This confirms the "Axl told Slash all of his deepest, darkest secrets" theory then, once and for all.

But didn't Axl supposedly only figure that whole thing out during his bullshit therapy (or maybe a little before that when he had that sudden flashback/epiphany/whatever you wanna call it while driving his car (I think it was @Blackstar who posted a quote of him talking about that?))? But Slash makes it sound like has known for quite some time here, like it's something Axl told him years ago.

So...???

Or maybe Tom Zutaut was right after all with the fucked up shit he said about Axl's stepfather (that awful story in the BBC documentary) and Axl had told Slash about that. And only later on Axl also suddenly remembered/found out about the thing with his biological father. If Zutaut's claims are true, and that was the kind of thing Axl talked to Slash about, then his freak-out over the whole MJ thing that was brought up again recently is even more understandable to me.

I think I remember it being mentioned in Slash's book that Axl talked to him about his abusive childhood while they were living together at Slash's grandma's house pre-GnR. I'm not 100% sure on this though cuz I don't have the book near me atm and it's been a long time since I read it... I don't think it goes into the nature of the abuse though (sexual/physical/mental).

Edited by KiraMPD
  • Like 1