GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

It totally was one for the ages. But as far as I know more so because some users went somewhat bonkers, right? His replies were, well, very Axl but really nice.

He never confessed to have been reading the women's thread, though. ;)

Nice? No I'm talking about an incident that took place at the begining of the 2010 tour.

32 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah... there is sooo much I want to say but don't in fear lol! I can't stand confrontation. :)

Never fear anything, but it's weird that some people are extremely inlove with CD. The world pretty much ignored it. I'm one who is very disappointed with that album. I find it to be boring, bad lyrics, self pity and way too melodramatic. GN'R is a hard rock band. Where is the big fuck you to everyone and everything? There is nothing like that in CD

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I am not afraid of it, but have learned to pick my battles, so most of the time I just let it go, unless it just gets so ridiculous I can't stand it, then I let go a rant....:P

Yes me too!! I started a "rant" ( said him to go check himself :P) only against a guy that was saying that Izzy can't play guitar and his amp was turned down during UYI tour but this guy is in love with fortus and probably is a troll so... But for the most I don't start discussions cause I couldn't care less about what they say... I have my opinions I say what I want  and  besides I think we are enjoying this reunion much more than them:headbang:

21 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Based on those threads you'd have thought that day one of this tour was Rock in Rio and day two was Bridge School. WTF????  I'm with you though I don't have it in me to argue with strangers about rasp and whatever else. I'd much rather spend my time talking about  Axl/Erin/Steph, Slaxl, and how good Axl looks these days :P:P:P:P and let @BlueJean Baby rant for us.  I think she is way tougher than me (and I mean that in a good way). :thumbsup:

On another note..... I'm interested to see Steven's Reddit AMA. Although, no tweet about his bday from Axl (unless I missed it)???

Yeah if one doesn't see the videos can think that this Japanese tour  is a total disaster reading those threads when it's not true at all!! 

I like  to talk about the guys, Slaxl above all :wub: and Axl looks :drool:these days too!! Way more interesting than bitching about rasp or set list or CD...!

Axl didn't wish Steven Happy birthday on Twitter but GNR did! I really hope that Steven can answer some questions about GNR on Reddit to know his point of view and if he will show up in Europe!

46 minutes ago, Nightrain92 said:

Yes me too!! I started a "rant" ( said him to go check himself :P) only against a guy that was saying that Izzy can't play guitar and his amp was turned down during UYI tour but this guy is in love with fortus and probably is a troll so... But for the most I don't start discussions cause I couldn't care less about what they say... I have my opinions I say what I want  and  besides I think we are enjoying this reunion much more than them:headbang:

Yeah if one doesn't see the videos can think that this Japanese tour  is a total disaster reading those threads when it's not true at all!! 

I like  to talk about the guys, Slaxl above all :wub: and Axl looks :drool:these days too!! Way more interesting than bitching about rasp or set list or CD...!

Axl didn't wish Steven Happy birthday on Twitter but GNR did! I really hope that Steven can answer some questions about GNR on Reddit to know his point of view and if he will show up in Europe!

Axl never wishes happy b-day to anyone, not in social media. I don't rule out a phone call, text or email

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

When I was a kid I would blast RQ and run to the stereo to turn down the sexy parts so my Mom wouldn't hear them.  The stuff I learned from GNR in those days......

I would deliberately turn those bits up!! Especially GITR :D My stepdad snapped my GnR tapes so many times, I'd just get a blank tape and copy em again :lol:

As for Axl not wishing Steven happy birthday, don't think he's ever wished anyone happy birthday on Twitter, except Bon Scott who is dead :blink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I play music while I work in the lab, including AFD. So for songs like Rocket Queen I've made "radio-edit" versions so that I can listen to them at work without making things... awkward... 

Ah... the Madison incident. Both cringe-worthy and hilarious. 

I love CD as an album (except a couple of songs). I thinks it's a matter of different tastes. I've noticed that different people find different tings that they like about GnR which is why people have such varying opinions about them. I'm guessing what attracted you to GnR was the attitude and the hard rock sound that AFD brought. Others were attracted to the epic ballads like NR and Estranged.

That being said I don't think of CD as a GnR album, but I do think it's an important element of the whole GnR-story. I agree that it is quite self-pitying and melodramatic (especially lyrically) but that's kinda the appeal for me, along with the instrumental arrangement. Lyrically it's not a positive album by any means but it feels like that's kinda the point. 

Yeah I meant that indicent. But I didn't find it hilarious. However after such kind of rant I feel there was more than what we see on the surface

You point out. It is not a GN'R album. It's an Axl album. I feel the same way about all members solo albums. So it's not just against Axl. Although I like the self title Slash album a lot more than CD. 

I like the epic ballads. But they are not my favorite part of the UYI albums.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Based on those threads you'd have thought that day one of this tour was Rock in Rio and day two was Bridge School. WTF????  I'm with you though I don't have it in me to argue with strangers about rasp and whatever else. I'd much rather spend my time talking about  Axl/Erin/Steph, Slaxl, and how good Axl looks these days :P:P:P:P and let @BlueJean Baby rant for us.  I think she is way tougher than me (and I mean that in a good way). :thumbsup:

If you only knew...a lot of times through the years on GNR forums I have had people think I was nuts for defending Axl so fiercely.  There is a complicated story behind all of it...but in a nutshell, he and GNR literally saved my life... so I owe them big time.  I would not be the strong person I am now, and would probably be dead, it I had not found their music and lyrics, which kicked me in the ass and made me stand up for myself and my son and get out of my horrid abusive marriage. Maybe sometime I will explain it all, but that's basically why I such a fighter/survivor now and finally restarting my life again...;)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

If you only knew...a lot of times through the years on GNR forums I have had people think I was nuts for defending Axl so fiercely.  There is a complicated story behind all of it...but in a nutshell, he and GNR literally saved my life... so I owe them big time.  I would not be the strong person I am now, and would probably be dead, it I had not found their music and lyrics, which kicked me in the ass and made me stand up for myself and my son and get out of my horrid abusive marriage. Maybe sometime I will explain it all, but that's basically why I such a fighter/survivor now and finally restarting my life again...;)

I need to hand you one of my M4's and a set of ACU's....I will go on the battlefield with you anytime.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Sorry for the shitty quality and the lack of rasp :violin:

pc_zpsnxzvxpki.gif

Out if likes!! Love this gif!!:wub:

53 minutes ago, Padme said:

Axl never wishes happy b-day to anyone, not in social media. I don't rule out a phone call, text or email

He wished happy birthday to Bon Scott iirc! But yes maybe he texted or called him

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Andy14!! Where have you been?? :max:

:hug:

I know, I know. I've been a horrible fan lately :max:. I'm sure Axl misses my posts :ph34r:

This gif is my apology that I won't be much around for another 2 weeks :nervous:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Nice? No I'm talking about an incident that took place at the begining of the 2010 tour.

59 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yeah I meant that indicent. But I didn't find it hilarious. However after such kind of rant I feel there was more than what we see on the surface

I digged into this part if the forum with all those threads in which Dexter/Axl commented. I have never found anything about the legendary Madison event. But the answers of Axl to his fans / forum users were somewhat nice. So probably we're not talking about the same thing here?

CD - ugh. Can't get myself to listen to it fully. I tried a couple of times. But as many of you said, it is too self-pitying and melodramatic. 

I neither like Slash's Solo Album or Velvet Revolver, because I don't like the singing voices of their singers. 

I'm really digging into Izzy's records at the moment and love them. And I love his voice, too.

And @BlueJean Baby I'm in awe of what you tell us about yourself. You are a warrior, girl. Without knowing you, my heart goes out to you.

2 hours ago, Nightrain92 said:

I like both Izzy and Fortus so I stayed out of that one although I did post a pic of Fortus with the big 3 cause it was an awesome pic and he deserves some love sometimes lol. ?

And yeah the Reddit thing will be very interesting to say the least! I am glad that Steven got some love from Slash, Duff and GNR. That was sweet! 

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I know, I know. I've been a horrible fan lately :max:. I'm sure Axl misses my posts :ph34r:

This gif is my apology that I won't be much around for another 2 weeks :nervous:

He's waiting..

IMG_2905.PNG

Missed you on this thread :) stupid real life!! 

And @Lumikki too :hug:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 4

On 23.1.2017 at 8:45 PM, Frey said:
On 22.1.2017 at 10:45 PM, Blackstar said:

As for what Tom Zutaut said, I doubt it has anything to do. The story itself is incompatible with Axl's behavior for a period, when he thought that he could reconcile with his stepfather and be best friends with him; it's explicable if he was trying to find excuses for his stepdad for beating him and being oppressive (that he was doing it for Axl's own good etc), but not for sexually abusing him. There's the possibility of another buried memory, but then he couldn't have talked to Slash about it. There is also something else in the story that seems strange: the place where it supposedly happened (Zutaut said it was in the airport toilets, didn't he?). As far as it's known, Axl's family didn't travel outside Indiana; I think his stepfather was from somewhere else (Ohio?), but it doesn't seem that they went there to visit relatives or relatives were visiting them.

Anyway, regardless of what story Axl had told Slash and how long Slash knew, and even of whether the story was true, what matters is that Axl believed it and he was very sensitive about it, so Slash should have it in mind when he decided to play with MJ.

No, he didn't say airport, he said air force museum, so them not travelling probably doesn't matter.

Here's what Axl said according to Zutuat:

(I'll put in under a spoiler tag because this stuff is pretty disturbing):

Reveal hidden contents

"I know I've said no... but I wanna do this Rolling Stone interview and expose my stepfather for the monster he is and was. You know, he used to take me to an airforce museum and rape me in the toilets there. In the toilet stalls. You know, my mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up lies. I wanna use Rolling Stone because they've been bugging me to do this interview for so long, but I don't want them to put a white-wash on the story, I want it to come out as ugly and harsh as it is," because it was happening to his sister as well and he said "If even one kid reads this interview and it spares them this pain, I wanna help them."

There are a couple of things that get me about what Zutaut said in that documentary:

1) This would be a really, really sick thing to make up and lie about (and it's still pretty fucked up for him to just chat about this in a shitty documentary).

2) He's clearly not just confusing his stepfather with his biological father and that whole incident, because Zutaut's telling a completely different story than the one Axl told about his biological father (which was a horrible situation that happened once when Axl was a baby). Yet Zutaut talks about something that happened multiple times ("used to...") and Axl was clearly not a baby anymore if he was able to tell his mom.

3) The details in Zutaut's story. If he were to hypothetically lie and just make up a sick story like that for some fucked up reason, it's unlikely he would come up with specific little details like "air force museum". That's not really something that would just pop into your head if you you were making something up usually.

4) The "My mom wouldn't believe me and I used to get beaten for making up 'lies'" bit. His mom was perfectly aware of her husband beating her children according to Axl, so what was it that she wouldn't believe? If she knew about the physical abuse (and even participated in it, judging by the things Axl has said), then there's not much left that could be disturbing enough for her to react with denial. Not to mention the fact that mothers refusing to believe their children and choosing their husbands/partners over them is something that happens pretty frequently.

5) Zutaut saying it was "happening to his sister as well". We know that Axl's stepdad was sexually abusing his sister, so Zutaut's not wrong about that and seems to know the basic facts at least.

I'm really not sure what to think. It goes against everything we know and Axl has never said anything like that himself. But looking at it this way, I can't rule it out completely. I've been kind of baffled and disturbed by this ever since I watched that BBC documentary and now that I've thought it through I see why.

About that audio interview... I think it's been posted once before in this thread, but it rarely gets brought up, so thanks for posting it again. It's an interesting interview. But I don't necessarily agree that Axl naively saying "my daddy is my best friend now" can be counted as concrete proof of his stepfather not abusing him in that way. I came across cases of rape/sexual abuse victims forgiving/trying to forgive their abusers (or even deluding themselves into thinking they could be a happy family or have a healthy relationship again) more than a couple of times during the course of a former job I had. I will never forget the young woman who basically told me things are fine between her and her father now, because her father was just going through a difficult time when the assaults happened and he promised her he would never do that again :scared: I'll fully admit my perception is probably a bit coloured by these experiences, but yeah, Axl's short-lived attempt at building a relationship with his stepfather again doesn't necessarily indicate all that much to me. 

You know these points are very true and I've had similar thoughts ever since I saw that disturbing documentary.

On the other hand, Zutaut does seem to have a "fondness" for telling shocking/scandalous stories, as we've noted before in this thread so I don't completely trust him as a source.

The only other thing I can think of that supports his claims is Beta saying Axl was sexually abused by his stepfather in one of these weird interviews she gave in the early 2000s. But these interviews are a highly questionable source as well, horrible translations and some people even doubt they're real. And while you'd think Beta (of all people) would know something like this, she does come across as kind of confused and struggling with language barriers a lot of the time in her posts and messages, so who knows.

Assuming Zutaut's claims are true, I can understand why Axl didn't go public with that particular part of his past though. Emotionally speaking, there's a difference (at least to me, if I try to put myself in Axl's place) between something that happened when you were a baby and that you don't even really have conscious memories of, compared to something that happened to you much more recently, and which you have tons of traumatic, relatively fresh and raw memories of. I'd have a lot of trouble talking about the latter too, while I could see myself talking about something that happened when I was a small child much more easily.

It's interesting though that Axl apparently changed his mind about what he was going to tell Rolling Stone. Assuming Zutaut's claims are true again, it sounds like he wanted to go public with something more along the lines of Zutaut's story, but we got a different, slightly less horrifying version in the 1992 interview.

On 23.1.2017 at 9:22 PM, giuls said:

I read what @Blackstar wrote about the audio interview she posted, i was kinda surprised about the "he has to look after Slash" part, i must have missed it before because i've always read about Axl's admiration and love for Slash but this protectiveness come kinda as a surprise to me? I don't know, it  made me sad too, it reminded me that Slash's addiction must have taken a toll on Axl but i find it interesting how he only talks about Slash, in Axl's mind Duff didn't need him to keep an eye on him?

We joked how when Axl wanted to buy the famous house with Slash, Slash chickened out because he didn't want Axl to nag him, i guess we were right :lol:

That "look after Slash" part made me smile. I've always thought that Slash's drug use was a giant source of worry and anxiety for Axl (his reactions to it were a bit shitty at times, but his actions always seemed to mostly stem from a place of desperation and fear for Slash's life).

As for Duff, as someone has said, his drinking wasn't that bad yet during that time and Axl probably didn't perceive Duff drinking alcohol to be as dangerous or threatening as Slash's heroin habit, like most people.

You know, I think the house thing might have been in part at least an attempt by Axl to have some control over Slash and his drug use. To "look after Slash",as he puts it, in the most effective manner he could think of. But yeah, Slash wasn't having it.

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 4