GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

If Axl rates Fortus and Frank so much and is sooo loyal to them after they've been with him for 10 and 16 years, then why doesn't he make them part of the partnership? 

LOL:lol: I almost spit all my coffee. Because he's a paranoid control freak with issues stuck in the past.

I would love to see that though. It'd be quite funny. Caraibes might explode of happiness.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

So I've just finished reading through the reddit AMA. I think one of the reasons I like GnR is the drama... but sometimes it gets to be a little too much.

So now apparently:

1. Axl is an asshole (as usual)
  2. Slash is a cash hoe
  3. Duff is a coward/hypocrite
  4. Izzy and Steven are victims / heroes for stickin it to the "big three"

Reading through the forums this morning has left me a little worn out. I was cautiously optimistic about Steven's AMA and thought that maybe it would provide a little positive outlook on the situation but instead... Now I think GnR's no interviews policy is probably for the best cuz it would just burst the bubble.

I won't even go into what I think of Deanna Adler.

Gonna take a break for a bit...

Please don't take a break, I like your posts.  

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Please don't take a break, I like your posts.  

Thanks. :) 

I think it's time to take a short break. If I stick around now I'll get stuck in and start to obsess which is no good cuz I've got RL work to do. I'll probably login again in a week or so, just until things calm down a little. I've gotten some inspiration again recently so I might be back with some slaxl/GnR fan art for ya'll.

Peace.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought Fernando was already married. 

Wonder if GnR are playing at the wedding? 

Imagine this place if they do take a break to play Fernandos wedding :lol:

Well Axl has to give away the groom and walk him down the isle so...it is a priority. 

• Like 2

I've been catching up with the thread this morning and....wow. I haven't read Steven's interview yet, but here are my thoughts on the overall reaction to it.

It would have been an asshole move for Axl to fire Fortus and Frank just because Izzy and Steven wanted to come back. Let's not forget that Izzy didn't even have the decency to leave the band face to face...he did it over the phone. I think him leaving had less to do with Axl and was more of a way to keep himself out of jail. Steven on the other hand, refused the help he was being offered to keep him alive.  He was too busy chasing the dragon to really care about what was happening with the band. Maybe if those two had stuck it out in the beginning, things might have been different and clowns like Niven and Goldstein wouldn't have been able to sink their claws in so tough.

It would be awesome to have the five of them back together again, but we also have to realize that what fans want isn't always what's best for the band. It would be such a shame to see them fall apart again because next time there will be no coming back. So let's just enjoy the ride and see where it goes.

• Like 3

Anyone know where I can illegally download Deanna's book? I'm not usually that kinda asshole, I do pay for my shit most of the time, but it's just that... fuck, why pay for Adler's mom's book if I can read it for free? 

Also totally gonna read that reddit thingy now. Always interested in what members or former members of Guns have to say, except of course if they're Ashba cos then I'd rather go take a dump or something. 

I was a little freaked out when I saw the Reddit interview yesterday. However, after some thought, I've chilled a bit.   It's really hard to interpret what someone's intent is when you are just reading the words.  And there were typeos and mistakes in those few sentences so all we can really do is make some guesses to what he meant.  It's not like Izzy's tweet that they didn't want to share the loot - that was pretty clear. So I hope everyone who is doing the Axl/Duff/Slash hate just settles down and appreciates the amazing shows these guys have been putting on. They can go back to whining about the setlist/Axl voice in a few hours anyhow. 

Edited by Fansince88
Forgot a sentence
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

So I've just finished reading through the reddit AMA. I think one of the reasons I like GnR is the drama... but sometimes it gets to be a little too much.

So now apparently:

2. Slash is a cash hoe

Reading through the forums this morning has left me a little worn out. I was cautiously optimistic about Steven's AMA and thought that maybe it would provide a little positive outlook on the situation but instead... Now I think GnR's no interviews policy is probably for the best cuz it would just burst the bubble.

Gonna take a break for a bit...

The no interviews/news is not the best policy. There is uncertanty about the future. Is there going to be a new album at some point? I think it's time they give us answers to end the speculation.

At the end of this year, what's gonna happen? More reunion tours? Part ways again? Axl with another new band? The end of GN'R?

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I've been catching up with the thread this morning and....wow. I haven't read Steven's interview yet, but here are my thoughts on the overall reaction to it.

It would have been an asshole move for Axl to fire Fortus and Frank just because Izzy and Steven wanted to come back. Let's not forget that Izzy didn't even have the decency to leave the band face to face...he did it over the phone. I think him leaving had less to do with Axl and was more of a way to keep himself out of jail. Steven on the other hand, refused the help he was being offered to keep him alive.  He was too busy chasing the dragon to really care about what was happening with the band. Maybe if those two had stuck it out in the beginning, things might have been different and clowns like Niven and Goldstein wouldn't have been able to sink their claws in so tough.

It would be awesome to have the five of them back together again, but we also have to realize that what fans want isn't always what's best for the band. It would be such a shame to see them fall apart again because next time there will be no coming back. So let's just enjoy the ride and see where it goes.

Thank you!!  Out of likes :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

So now apparently:

2. Slash is a cash hoe

this