GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

18 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

If you ladies could say one thing and one thing only to each of the band members face to face (past and present) what would it be?

Axl- Can we talk?

Slash-Thanks

Duff-Badass

Izzy-Sorry

Steven-Sorry

Fortus-Cool

Ferrer-Ok

Melissa-Cute

Dizzy-Hi

Del-Huh

Gilby-No

Ashba-Cool

Matt-thanks

Buckethead-hmm

Did I forget anyone? And did you mean just one word or one sentence?

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I think Axl said he once saw his father mistreating his mother or something like so it shouldn't be discarded. This type of abusive men usually mistreat everybody in the family, even the pets.

As for the last part of your post, the injections and such... I don't know but again, could a 2 years old baby be able to put up with injections like that? Muscle relaxants wouldn't prevent the baby from bleeding (geez I dont wanna go into this...) and being injured anyway by the presence of you know what from an adult man.

So to make it short, I dont think a 2 year old can come out unscathered from sexual abuse and this is the main reason why I doubt this story.

Yes, but he said that about his biological father, not his stepfather. I honestly can't think of any example of Axl ever accusing his stepfather of mistreating his mother. Which doesn't necessarily have to mean anything, because like you said, nasty abusive bastards frequently terrorize the entire family, but it's worth pointing out. Might have been more of a... "Duggar family" type situation (a Christian fundamentalist family that used to have their own TV show). Woman from a normal background, fell for a crazy Christian whackjob guy and lets him rule her life (even allowing him to knock her up like 20 times). I shudder every time I come across this shit.

I don't disagree with the majority of your post, that's the way things are and it's theoretically possible some of it might apply to Axl's mother/family.

As for the last part, I don't think a 2 year old is likely to come out physically unscathed from something like this either, but no one has ever claimed he did. It's just that we don't know what happened to him after his mother or whoever presumably rescued him from his father (if we're assuming that this whole nightmare even happened). They might have taken him to a hospital, he might have even been in the hospital for a long time, but Axl himself probably doesn't even know (unless someone else in his family told him about it). And he did say something about having damage in his thighs or legs from that incident, so he at least thinks he was injured back then.

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

@FreyI agree that the fact that these stories were the result of regression therapy makes them questionable (although Axl believed/believes them). There is also another thing: there are two stories of sexual abuse involving different people, one that Axl has told in public and one he hasn't. Even though I don't consider it improbable, I wonder if it's too far-fetched and what are the odds for a kid to be subsequently abused by both his biological father and his stepfather.

Yes, the odds for that do seem low. But then again there is that whole phenomenon of re-victimization (which refers to the fact that children/people who were sexually or physically abused have a high likelihood of being abused again and again at other points in their life, though I'm not sure anymore if that only refers to people who were abused in childhood being abused again as adults, or to children being victimized multiple times as well). I don't have the time to read through that stuff now, but Google brings up a lot of results if you search for re-victimization if anyone is interested in that topic.

But basically, I really don't know. The statistically minded part of my brain tells me this whole scenario is unlikely, the life experience part tells me that awful fucked up shit like this does happen and reminds of things like the Lauren Kavanaugh case. It's considered one of the most horrific cases of child abuse that didn't result in the child dying. That girl was starved, raped, tortured, etc. from the age of two until the age of eight or so, when she was rescued and taken in by adoptive parents. Some time ago I saw a follow-up piece about her story on some show, and they said she'd been raped again by an uncle or something (a relative of the adoptive parents). It's just mind-boggling that a human being who'd already been through so much horrible shit would fall victim to something like that again after she was finally supposed to be save, but it happened, because the world is a fucked up and cruel place.

Apart from that, we don't really know the background of Axl's mom, she might have had some issues herself that led her to choose/be drawn to fucked up men.

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

As far as the case of his real father goes, Axl had said in an interview (Musician 1992 - it has been brought up here before)  that he couldn't be 100% sure it happened, but the relief he felt when it was revealed made him think that it was true; and when he talked about the flashback he had while driving, he didn't say what he remembered at that moment exactly. In the RS interview he said he remembered the injection and his father doing something very bad to his mother. I'm thinking that this might be a case of a real memory being modified and "enhanced" by the regression therapy process. His father could have used the injection to keep the kid calm while he was doing something to his mother. Of course an experience like that alone could be traumatic for a 2 year old child.

I think that between the two stories the more likely to be true is the one Tom Zutaut told (even though Axl never talked about it in public), because the possibility of real/direct memory is bigger, as Axl was older when it allegedly happened.

Yes, some blurry mish-mash of real memories "enhanced" by nasty therapist suggestions seems like a good guess to me as well. I also agree about RNDTH lyrics, I always figured it was Axl talking about his mother.

The motive is the thing that makes me doubt the most though. I could see a man kidnapping a child as an act of revenge against the mother or something (happens quite often), but kidnapping and raping a small child? That's not something I've ever heard of any man doing, unless he was a pedophile, but that doesn't seem to be the case with Axl's biological father. It just seems like an incredibly insane and deranged thing to do otherwise.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Axl- Can we talk?

Slash-Thanks

Duff-Badass

Izzy-Sorry

Steven-Sorry

Fortus-Cool

Ferrer-Ok

Melissa-Cute

Dizzy-Hi

Del-Huh

Gilby-No

Ashba-Cool

Matt-thanks

Buckethead-hmm

Did I forget anyone? And did you mean just one word or one sentence?

You didn't forget anyone. But anything you want....whatever you feel sweets ;)

If you ladies could say one thing and one thing only to each of the band members face to face (past and present) what would it be?

I'm sure you've seen this before, but I kind of like the way this chick just fucking  goes for it.  She bought all his albums, concert tickets, etc etc and so for so those nine seconds he's her bitch.  I think she actually sniffs his neck.. :headbang:

• Like 1

Axl: share the loot with Izzy.

Slash: share the loot with Izzy.

Duff: share the loot with Izzy.

Izzy: here's my address, I'll sign a prenup. See you there.

Steven: let me hug you, please?

Dizzy: *crickets*

Tommy: thanks.

DJ: duuuuuude! You're demented!

BBF: hope you're healthy and doing great.

Fortus: seriously???

Gilby: miss you.

Matt: thanks.

Melissa: consider yourself very lucky. 

Buckethead: are you still into chickens? ?

Pitman: towels 2 for the price of 1 at Anna's Linens. Go!

I know I'm missing some but I don't know what to say...or I'm not that interested. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jane M. said:

Right on, girl! Love it! :lol: :P

7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I'm sure you've seen this before, but I kind of like the way this chick just fucking  goes for it.  She bought all his albums, concert tickets, etc etc and so for so those nine seconds he's her bitch.  I think she actually sniffs his neck.. :headbang:

Ugh, sorry, can't even really look at it. Cringeworthy. Poor Axl, can't believe how nice and patient he is to her. He doesn't look as he'd like it at all.

17 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Out of likes! I love it

I wonder how many people did not know about Angus going on the plane...cause it was a big surprise right? I wonder if he found out from Fernando when the plane was landing? I don't know.....I always think of this kinda stuff lol! Man oh man how I wish I could watch the Sydney show live. These time differences are killing me!!!!! :blink:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I wonder how many people did not know about Angus going on the plane...cause it was a big surprise right? I wonder if he found out from Fernando when the plane was landing? I don't know.....I always think of this kinda stuff lol! Man oh man how I wish I could watch the Sydney show live. These time differences are killing me!!!!! :blink:

You are just like me. I need to analyze every little detail. The mystery of the billboard is driving me nuts. 

I'm going to try to watch the show, but damn it's early for me.  

Just now, Fansince88 said:

You are just like me. I need to analyze every little detail. The mystery of the billboard is driving me nuts. 

Yeah it comes on I think midnight my time and maybe during the weekend I could swing it....but I have to be up at 4:30 a.m.for work.. so nope! Looking forward to the US tour though so I can watch the streams during decent times! :D

45 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Same here... may not make it but will try... wouldn't be so bad if my mom didn't wake me up early every friggin' morning to take my dog out. But if I can stay awake, I got new headphones today :P

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Out of likes! I love it

Too weird, I bet he wanted to run...:P

20 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Slash - glad you are back

Duff - glad you are back

Melissa - not sure what I would say, but would need to include lit, dope and rad

Richard - nice to meet you

Frank - nice to meet you

Dizzy - thanks for sticking by Axl all these years

Izzy - come on dude... please come back

Steven - nice to meet you

Axl - would like to say something funny to make him laugh, but definitely thanks for saving my life, can we talk..... but probably would freeze up and blush

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I know I'm missing some but I don't know what to say...or I'm not that interested. 

I love your devotion to Izzy.  

5 hours ago, Ota said:

I believe, because Axl said in interview Rolling Stones and Musician Magazine:

My parents had always said something really tragic and dark and ugly happened. They wouldn't say what happened –– they always just freaked out whenever anything was mentioned about my real father.

All these relatives knew little pieces of this puzzle, and nobody helped me with shit. I'm angry about that. I can't sit and think about Uncle So-and-So and enjoy it much. And if you're talking with any of these people, they try to get you to just tolerate it and take things back to the way they were: "Let's not get it public." My family did everything they could, thinking they were doing what was right, to bury it all. My stepfather was just adamant that he was going to protect Mom and himself: "Your real father does not get brought up." And he was also trying to cover his own tracks for what he did.

I have a lot of corroboration from people who knew something horrible happened. Even now I could talk about it with my grandmother and she'd nod her head yes, but would not talk about it.

This is not about the rape. This is about Axl's biological father identity.

----

@Frey What you say makes sense and its a possibility, of course, because we have just one source and the dubious regression therapy doesn't help much, I think.

Re-victimization, I've heard but also, bear in mind that women are much more prone to be raped throughout their whole lives while in the case of men, this happens mostly when they are children. It is rare than an adult man suffers such episode again.

Child rape is very common in places like Afghanistan, the Middle East and other countries where human rights do not exist and everything and everybody are so primitive. These countries practice rape like we Argies play soccer... There is also gang rape and lots of atrocities, like burning gay men alive. I watched the video of it and It feels like a part of me has died.

:no:

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I can dig it!