Shoot
Shot down in flames
Shot down in flames
Ain't it a shame
To be shot down in flames
I don't need a thing
Don't wanna be
Shot down in flames

In my opinion the part of the song Axl feels related to is the one that goes "shot down in flames" in other words liking someone and being refused or not loved with the same intensity you do, that is why he talked about sad love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

Talk about crossdress, I remember tht Izzy N' Slash ever dressed as a Girl, if theres any photo of tht...

IIRC, at the very beginning ('82-'83) Izzy belonged to a band called "Naughty Women", he was the drummer and yes they dressed as women. LMAO

I think I read that on Duff's book. 

Speaking of Duff:

image.jpeg

LAMF:headbang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, starlight said:

In my opinion the part of the song Axl feels related to is the one that goes "shot down in flames" in other words liking someone and being refused or not loved with the same intensity you do, that is why he talked about sad love.

That is a good analysis.

He was shot down in flames by Stephanie Seymour...

“I’ve been hit by a Mack truck, and the license plate said ‘Seymour,’ ”

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/10/how-stephanie-seymour-went-from-hot-model-to-hot-mess/

• Like 1

I don't want any summer vacation bikini pics of Seymour. I never thought she was hot and she's even less hot now that she's older and into fooling around with her sons.

I wouldn't say no to summer vacation bikini pics of Erin, Susan or Meegan though lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Ok. Then I apologize to any transgender person who was reading this and took offense for what I wrote. :shrugs:

I know you said the word is commonly used as an insult and that's why no one would ever think cool of it but it wasn't my intention to insult anyone rather than describe an specific outfit Axl was wearing.

I didn't intent to insinuate you would want to purposefully insult anyone, either. Some things will come off like this because of the word choice, however, so I think it's great that you actually cared and  responded to this, thank you very much :)

1 minute ago, Frey said:

I don't want any summer vacation bikini pics of Seymour. I never thought she was hot and she's even less hot now that she's older and into fooling around with her sons.

COME ON MAN. 

I always looked forward to those pictures lol, not the fooling around with kids, but only the bikini ones.

There was a pic of Erin in a bikini, she is smoking hot. 

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

COME ON MAN. 

I always looked forward to those pictures lol, not the fooling around with kids, but only the bikini ones.

There was a pic of Erin in a bikini, she is smoking hot. 

Yeah she is :drool:

All these old bikini pics of Susan are hot too. Duff's a lucky bastard.

1 minute ago, Frey said:

Yeah she is :drool:

Yeah those old pics were really hot, now with those implants its just weird, no doubt she is hot, but really she should not have gotten those implants. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Why aren't we seeing those summer vacation bikini pictures since the past 2 years? 

i guess Because this year she had a stint in rehab and she has to attend AA meetings if she doesn't want to go to jail, not know about last year

@annablue he's a millionare and he doesn't seem such a nice guy, he commisioned a nude statue of Stephanie that he calls "trophy wife" i would be offended, this isn't indicative of a happy marriage, imo.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Frey said:

Just to illustrate it:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:collage.jpg

LOL @Lanna that's what I meant yeah. Creepy as fuck and everything but hot.

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah those old pics were really hot, now with those implants its just weird, no doubt she is hot, but really she should not have gotten those implants. 

Susan looks a bit fake in general these days lol.

And about Stephanie, it's simple. Axl: Millions. Brandt: Billions. Some people just value money above everything else apparently.

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I remember reading an article in Classic Rock once about babysitters to the big rock stars, it was all anonymous, there were a lot of stories about having to pick up a certain rock star who was always passed out, but would piss on them as soon as he was slung over their shoulders, we know who right? :lol:

There were some really crazy things , but the UFO story was in it, and I knew who that'd be.

There was another, even better one though....An assistant had accompanied a "big rockstar" to an outdoor show for a sound check, the rockstar was already grumping about having been woken up and when they got there he was even grumpier to find it was raining, so he turned around to his assistant and asked him, in all seriousness, to go and do something about the rain!!! :lol: The guy said he was so worried because he lacked the ability to turn off rain :lol: 

(it wasn't Axl, most people think it was Steven Tyler, but I did suspect Axl lol) 

I feel so sorry for these people that had to constantly deal with Slash pissing himself...

And not even Axl is crazy enough to demand that someone do something about the rain :lol:

3 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Axl too...why the need for eyeliner? He's a very good looking guy, so I don't understand this.

I don't get it either. Wearing eyeliner at his age only makes him look weird.

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

By the way, while I was googling for that quote about Axl's religious upbringing, I accidentally solved a CSI:GnR issue we were discussing here a while ago- how much older Axl's father was than this mother. According to Rolling Stone at least, 4 years older:

Born to a 16-year-old mother and 20-year-old father in Lafeyette, Indiana in 1962, William Bruce Rose, Jr., was renamed William Bruce Bailey a couple years later, after his father left and his mother remarried. In interviews in the early Nineties, after undergoing psychotherapy, he recalled being sexually molested by his father; he said his stepfather, in turn, physically beat both him and his mother. Several times a week, the family went to a Pentecostal church, which Rose later described as being filled with other abusive adults. But he found comfort there nonetheless, teaching Sunday School and developing his wide vocal range while singing along with siblings in a group called the "Bailey Trio."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/axl-rose/biography

Anyone remember what this means regarding the yearbook pictures and stuff?

Well if that guy was 4 years older than it can't really have been the guy from the yearbook picture dalsh posted, can it? Wasn't that guy just 2 years older or something?

And I don't think it's disrespectful. If Axl acts like a spoilt 5 year old brat, then it deserves to be called babysitting.

6 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, Axl is not completely against real therapists and psychiatrists I think. A long time ago, I was reading some old stuff from the early 2000s. Those years seem like they were a pretty bad time for Axl. He made some ominous comments on stage during that time, acted pretty crazily and then the entire tour got cancelled. There were even articles claiming that Axl wanted to check himself into a psychiatric hospital.

If that is actually true, then he must have been doing pretty badly back then, if he was considering a stay in a psychiatric facility. :wacko:

Well, Axl's life wasn't exactly smooth and incident-free before he had his handlers though. He constantly got into trouble, both in Lafayette and in LA. And Izzy and Slash already had to deal with quite a lot of crazy behavior from Axl long before they got famous (Axl constantly getting into fights with random people and the police, the conctact lenses incident, the car incident, etc.).

And yeah, I vaguely remember the bunk bed thing now. I remember Axl talking about having nightmares as a child an falling out of his bunk bed and biting through his bottom lip or something.

Didn't know Axl wanted to check himself into a mental hospital. And about the crazy behavior and everything. I don't know shit about these years except that he looked fucking weird and caused a riot in Philly and then the tour was cancelled.

Yeah that story about him having nightmares and falling off the bunk bed is from the RS interview I think. And now that I think about it that fucked up story Zutaut told in the BBC doc suddenly makes much more sense if they were all sleeping in one room. Never really understood the thing about the public toilets before because that seems way risky and like something a pedo would rather avoid.

Edited by Frey

11 minutes ago, giuls said:

i guess Because this year she had a stint in rehab and she has to attend AA meetings if she doesn't want to go to jail, not know about last year

@annablue he's a millionare and he doesn't seem such a nice guy, he commisioned a nude statue of Stephanie that he calls "trophy wife" i would be offended, this isn't indicative of a happy marriage, imo.

I guess in between they were getting divorced too, but they sorted things out. 

11 minutes ago, Frey said:

Is it just me or she got herself a boob job since the 90s? Wonder if she felt she couldn't model her bikini creations otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

I wouldn't say no to summer vacation bikini pics of Erin, Susan or Meegan though lol

But Susan is stunning!! :wow:

susan-holmes-mckagan.jpg?d=600

22 minutes ago, tiutso said:

I didn't intent to insinuate you would want to purposefully insult anyone, either. Some things will come off like this because of the word choice, however, so I think it's great that you actually cared and  responded to this, thank you very much :)

No problem :)

I do care what people think in terms of when they get offended I want to make it up for them because I'm not into that, you know? We all eventually offend someone . It's inevitable, as we are humans. But it sucks when they do it just out of hatred or just for the sake of offending someone.

It's all good! :heart:

10 minutes ago, annablue said:

Maybe he's a nice guy but going on looks alone how do you go from Axl to that? I just don't understand the mind of a gold digger

article-2076616-0F3C21CA00000578-392_634x826.jpg

I wonder the same but she was SO hot back in the day that she could have any man she wanted, any hot man she wanted to pick from a box of hottest men, she could do it and discard them like used condoms.

So probably she married this guy for the status and the millions, but probably also had lots of hot lovers her age or younger that would make up for the ugly husband she got.

She even cheated on Axl! so....

----------

omg @Lanna please delete that :facepalm:

Incest pictures are not cool. We all know what they were talking about before, don't need the graphic depiction of it :vomit: