Reactions wearing 2016 Vegas tees in your hometown

The 1st time I wore it was in the pit for the 1st MSG Pearl Jam a few weeks ago and a guy with an All Access pass who was working the fucking mixing board actually came over just to talk to me about the shows before PJ came out.

That made me feel special and shit.

• Like 3

I was wearing a Guns shirt, not 2016 anyway Fedex shows up the guy jumps out to give me package and asks if I am going to see them, I said yes got tix for a few shows...  He said wow!  Thats so awesome.

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A little bit off the topic...

I went to a uk theme park yesterday and I had a GnR t shirt on. I was waiting to get on a ride and I turned around and right behind me was a guy in an AC/DC t shirt.

He just glared at me, so I just glared back.

Awkward. 

haha like meeting an ex with their new partner:lol:

• Like 2

Butcher shop guy was packing me some ribs when asked me if I was there - then he told me about how he was at the STL Riot show and hadn't heard much about them since. Now he wants to go to the KC show. Recruiting one fan at a time...

• Like 3

Every time I wear a GNR shirt someone always comments on it. I get so many compliments about how they also love the band.

some people have no idea that GNR are still around, so I usually wind up having a conversation about it. it's all good. Spreading the word about Axl, Slash and Duff being back together along with the rest of the band is all good.

I wear my GNR shirts proudly.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

A little bit off the topic...

I went to a uk theme park yesterday and I had a GnR t shirt on. I was waiting to get on a ride and I turned around and right behind me was a guy in an AC/DC t shirt.

He just glared at me, so I just glared back.

Awkward. 

:lol: I laughed so hard. There are still a few of them out there who are not as euphoric about things as the crowds we see on YouTube are, and they are going to be like that for a while. I sort of reconnected recently with a guy who used to run an online group AC/DC back in the day. He used to pretty much be a GN'R fan too (more Slash than Axl, as I remember) and he doesn't seem to be enthused at all. In fact, while I've not seen him air any frustration openly, it just seems to all be bottled up inside. This, despite him being one of the biggest AC/DC fans I've ever known. I can't blame any of the unhappy AC/DC fans at all, because there's a lot of emotional investment involved there - look at all the bitterness still floating around in Gn'R fan land.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Archer said:

:lol: I laughed so hard. There are still a few of them out there who are not as euphoric about things as the crowds we see on YouTube and they are going to be like that for a while. I sort of reconnected recently with a guy who used to run an online group AC/DC back in the day. He used to pretty much be a GN'R fan too (more Slash than Axl, as I remember) and he doesn't seem to enthused at all. In fact, while I've not seen him air any frustration, it just seems to be bottled up inside. This, despite him being one of the biggest AC/DC fans I've ever known. I can't blame any of the unhappy AC/DC fans at all, because there's a lot of emotional investment involved there - look at all the bitterness still floating around in Gn'R fan land.

It did make me giggle, he wasn't the friendliest looking....

He probably thought I was a bit arrogant also. I'm not very good socially, I'd rather give off a don't talk to me vibe than strike up a conversation :D 

It felt like I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head the whole queue time though lol

• Like 1

I did wear it a couple times and have been asked about it every time.  I haven't wore it too any real busy public places like a baseball game or anything yet though.  It was awesome seeing all the GNR t shirts over take vegas that weekend.  People were always asking or high diving people.  It felt like we stepped back in time.  

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Oh, you guys are so 2014. 

We use to have a poster who actually got job offers and hung out with celebrities because of her GnR shirts. 

If we are discussing the same poster, she walked around New York I believe and the magnetic pull of her Nightrain club shirt pulled random celebrities towards her person.

• Like 2

I work right on the SoHo/West Village border where all the cool, trendy peeps are and I see like 1 person a day walking a dog the size of my fist with an GNR tee shirt on every day.   Usually some dime piece with a $500 handbag over her shoulder.

Maybe not the exact form of 'cool' we're looking for, but when trophy wives are rockin' GnR tee shirts in downtown NYC while walking their rat dogs, GNR is cool.

Edited by Saltzy

GN'R shirts are cool, especially the bullet logo ones, people find it a nice and beautiful design, even my mother says that (and woman hates Axl's voice :facepalm:) and that's why all trendy fashion stores for teenagers/ young people have it on their collections. 

I wear mine many times and notice lots of people smiling at my shirts and people I know asking me if I'm a fan. But one time a girl with its 13 year old stopped me ramdomly on street just to ask where did I bought it, she was like 'I love them, I want one too', it was a cool moment. Also other time, passing at a police station, the cop at the door started to chant SCOM, and this wasn't a cool moment, just awkward :lol:

On 5/30/2016 at 7:25 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Every time I wear a GNR shirt someone always comments on it. I get so many compliments about how they also love the band.

some people have no idea that GNR are still around, so I usually wind up having a conversation about it. it's all good. Spreading the word about Axl, Slash and Duff being back together along with the rest of the band is all good.

I wear my GNR shirts proudly.

what a positive comment... it feels somewhat uplifting if you know what i mean...

I saw a guy wearing one from the Vegas reunion shows in a local Tim Horton's. I usually keep to myself in general and don't force small talk with randoms but in this case I couldn't help it. It was nice talking to someone about Guns who was as into them as I was. Doesn't happen often enough for me. Haha

I wear my shirts proudly though. Always appreciate the few nods I get whenever I wear one of mine. 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2016 at 0:07 PM, slash23579 said:

Funny, I've worn my Vegas shirt a lot and have only had like 2 people ask me about the show

I wore mine to Def Leppard a couple weeks ago. (was a birthday gift for my gf).  I was fully expecting people to ask me about it but I didn't get one comment.

I've worn my shirt a few times and had some people ask about the show and if I actually went. Kinda cool.

This Vegas shirt and a 2008 the Who tour shirt are the ones I've gotten the most comments on for some reason. When I used to have that Who shirt people asked about it a lot