Alice Cooper Group to reunite for new album

DR DOOM

I worship the original band, literally my gods growing up.

Not really interested in this some how, it's kinda..stick a fork in it already... for me, at this point.

What's next? Dunaway on bass and Michael Bruce on guitar joining Alice and latest sidekicks for a tour trying to pass it off as the original band? :awesomeface:

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎07 at 8:42 AM, Len B'stard said:

Not the worlds biggest fan but i've heard a fair bit and its pretty good.  Was watching this documentary that was insinuating that he was a bit of a Stooges rip off, a sort of a cleaner more pallettable version of the early Stooges.

A Stooges rip off?  No.

Len, perhaps you have read this, but if you haven't ..you should.
This is the intro written by John Lydon for the Alice Cooper box set, he quite literally gets it spot on.

http://www.johnlydon.com/images/cooper_full.jpg

12 minutes ago, Zint said:

A Stooges rip off?  No.

Len, perhaps you have read this, but if you haven't ..you should.
This is the intro written by John Lydon for the Alice Cooper box set, he quite literally gets it spot on.

http://www.johnlydon.com/images/cooper_full.jpg

I have yeah, thought it was great. I dont know enough about Alice to claim it was true, just something in a documentary i saw, how Detroit was the hot town in music at the time and Alice kinda took what The Stooges were doing and did a version of it people could swallow, even to the point of moving to Detroit, gimme a sec I'll find the clip for ya.

47 mins onwards.  The whole 5 mins from there on, Iggy seems to be saying it as well as the documentary narrator.  But like i say, i don't know enough about Alice to say one way or the other.

Edited by Len B'stard

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Setlist updates (spoiler tagged just in case):

Spoiler

- "The World Needs Guts" is still in the set.

- Covers and "Public Animal #9" appear to have been dropped. Possibly "Long Way to Go" as well.

- "Grim Facts" hasn't been added as was rumoured, but "Pain" has, which is a far better FtF song (first time in the set since the Special Forces tour I believe).

- "Escape" has also been added (hasn't been played since early '00s).

Really hope that the new album release (rumoured for July) doesn't see any of the above change.

On 4/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, drbunnig said:

Setlist updates (spoiler tagged just in case):

Hide contents

- "The World Needs Guts" is still in the set.

- Covers and "Public Animal #9" appear to have been dropped. Possibly "Long Way to Go" as well.

- "Grim Facts" hasn't been added as was rumoured, but "Pain" has, which is a far better FtF song (first time in the set since the Special Forces tour I believe).

- "Escape" has also been added (hasn't been played since early '00s).

Really hope that the new album release (rumoured for July) doesn't see any of the above change.

Pain really caught me off-guard. Hoping that stays for the Deep Purple co-headline tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Details about the new album Paranormal

- released on July 28th

- produced by Bob Ezrin

- 12 tracks with a bonus disc containing live stuff and three studio tracks featuring the original group

- song titles include "I've Fallen In Love and I Can't Get Up" and "I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl"

- guests include Roger Glover (Deep Purple), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and Larry Mullens Jr (U2)

I've been reading around some fan groups / forums and there's suggestions that six songs were done with the original group. Whether there's three on the normal album with the rest on the bonus disc, or whether three failed to make the cut, or if there's more than the three confirmed songs, I'm not sure. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this.

Original group from the '70s. When people refer to the Alice Cooper group, it's always the original late '60s / early '70s line up, before he went solo.

Alice on vocals, Dennis Dunaway on bass, Neal Smith on drums, Michael Bruce and Glen Buxton (RIP) on guitars.

Edited by drbunnig