xBrownstonex

09/14/16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

153 posts in this topic

Just picked up a ticket to the show. Floor section D, row 2, seat 5. Woo hoo!. I should also say thanks to whoever got refunds on their tickets way back when - I think this show was sold out a couple days after the original on sale date.

I got tickets also for MSG.  One level up from floor, second row was the best I could purchase.  

So where's the NYC pre-party meetup going to be?  Hard Rock Cafe Times Square?  

26 minutes ago, Mooch14 said:

So where's the NYC pre-party meetup going to be?  Hard Rock Cafe Times Square?  

There's a number of people going to Twins, which is about 2 blocks from MSG. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Must be a dvd/cd/bluray from Madison. 

If they're filming a show with Axl, that would be the logical choice. But it's still not a given they'll film something with Axl. 

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Stout and Mustang Harrys are also good pre-concert spots right near MSG. 

37 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

If they're filming a show with Axl, that would be the logical choice. But it's still not a given they'll film something with Axl. 

It's a shame if not...

Does anyone know if AC/DC is staying  at their "usual" NYC hotel?. Pm for details etc.

On September 8, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Powerage5 said:

Ok great!  MyGNR forum meetup!!  Haha. I'm so excited for the show!  5th time seeing Axl this year. Only a few behind you Powerage. Lol

1 person likes this

Gunners Unite!! For Those About To Rock!! #AxlDC #TakingonManhattan 

On September 12, 2016 at 0:51 PM, felixGNR said:

Does anyone know if AC/DC is staying  at their "usual" NYC hotel?. Pm for details etc.

Yes, they are. 

Is it safe to say AXL/DC go on at 9pm?  Thanks!

50 minutes ago, TLC said:

Is it safe to say AXL/DC go on at 9pm?  Thanks!

Tickets say 7:30 tomorrow, so most likely 8:30. AC/DC goes on an hour after the opener starts usually. 

Last concert started at 8:45 but usually it's 8:30....latest is 9ish. 

MSG what a great Arena, I hope they make a dvd or blueray :) to all people going, I wich you people a great time :)

So I didn't bring my AFD record to work with me that was signed by Slash, but how does it work getting autographs?  I've never tried it before, but I am wondering if I should go home, grab it and give it a try.  How late does the band leave the venue after the show is over?

AC/DC Celebrates End Of 'Rock Or Bust' Tour With New York Steakhouse Party

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/acdc-celebrates-end-of-rock-or-bust-tour-with-new-york-steakhouse-party/#HWt5dY6DJ7LODZkK.99

According to the New York Daily News, AC/DC celebrated the end of its "Rock Or Bust" world tour with a party at a New York City steakhouse on Monday, September 12.

The band and "roughly 100 guests" showed up at the Old Homestead Steakhouse for the celebration, which took place in advance of Wednesday night's performance at Madison Square Garden.

A source at the dinner told the paper that GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose sat with AC/DC guitarist and leader Angus Young, and told stories about how he used to stop at the restaurant after performing with GUNS N' ROSES and before hitting the area's nightclubs" — adding that the area was "rough and loaded with transvestites" back then.

AC/DC's itinerary has only two more dates: September 17 in Washington, D.C. and September 20 in Philadelphia.

The rescheduled dates of AC/DC's North American tour — which are the band's first concerts here Rose on lead vocals — kicked off on August 27 at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Angus recently said that he has not made a decision yet regarding the band's future once the current "Rock Or Bust" tour cycle ends. Following the 2014 retirement of his brother and co-founder Malcolm Young due to dementia, Angus also dealt with the exit of drummer Phil Rudd later that year because of legal problems, and more recently the departure of singer Brian Johnson because of hearing loss and bassist Cliff Williams's decision to retire after the tour.

The boys out for dinner :)
Can they did film this show and release it PLEASE!! :D

1 person likes this

IDY9yE1.png

Just for shits and giggles. Have fun all who are going tonight :)

3 people like this