08/27/16 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum

Powerage5

26 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Did they have seats for the US shows before also? I thought the whole thing used to be a pit before in the US shows too. 

Last year was the first time AC/DC ever had any GA in the US, but it was only at a handful of gigs. 

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

Last year was the first time AC/DC ever had any GA in the US, but it was only at a handful of gigs. 

Thanks, din't know that. 

Im not following Axl/DC that much, so for all these shows, its all seated? 

15 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Did they have any merch with Axl on it or just AC/DC logos and Angus on everything? 

I don't think they've done anything for Axl yet.

it would be smart to, just something subtle like putting a Rose in a bell or just using the imagery of a rose in anyway would be a cool nod to Axl. 

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't think they've done anything for Axl yet.

it would be smart to, just something subtle like putting a Rose in a bell or just using the imagery of a rose in anyway would be a cool nod to Axl. 

The thing is pretty much all the designs are carried over from last year's leg. Even the event shirts are really just thrown together in Photoshop. It doesn't really make sense to completely redo the merch for just a handful of dates. Besides, Angus has always been the band's image, why fix what isn't broken? Not to mention a lot of people may find that tasteless given the nature of Brian's departure and Axl's place in the band. If there is another tour though, a tour shirt with a band photo or something would be nice though, I know they had a full band photo shirt on the Black Ice tour. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

No I'm sure he wasn't happy about that at all.

Notice how they are so active on social media for the first time ever but you didn't see any of those memes on their twitter. None of the bandana on the AC/DC logo etc. None of that stuff at all.

They've been fairly active on social media since the recording of Rock Or Bust actually. Maybe it's been a bit more since Axl joined but that's easily explained by the fact that they now need to actually work to sell tickets since a lot of people lost interest when Brian left. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

The thing is pretty much all the designs are carried over from last year's leg. Even the event shirts are really just thrown together in Photoshop. It doesn't really make sense to completely redo the merch for just a handful of dates. Besides, Angus has always been the band's image, why fix what isn't broken? Not to mention a lot of people may find that tasteless given the nature of Brian's departure and Axl's place in the band. If there is another tour though, a tour shirt with a band photo or something would be nice though, I know they had a full band photo shirt on the Black Ice tour. 

They had a band member tee that featured Brian on it on the 1st leg through Europe for Rock Or Bust

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Fair enough. Still a limited edition one off shirt would be awesome. Just a nod to Axl for saving their final 23 shows. It sounded like he saved them a ton of legal issues. 

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl himself would vehemently disagree with this opinion!

They were never more 'aggressive, younger, hotter and fresh' when they had Bon at the helm circa 1974-79.

I'll put this down to over enthusiasm and/or alcohol.

but dont forget that the truth is the truth!

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Why dont they play stadiums in the us?

arent they big enough over there or is it cause brian isnt there

Some markets they can do stadiums in but the demand isn't as high as it was in the US. I'm sure the promoters have researched this and come to the conclusion that arena shows would be a better draw. 

The dates were scheduled for arena before Brian left

13 hours ago, Crazyman said:

What a weird world we live in where Axl and Slash share the stage (and play Coma every fucking night!) the same year that Axl somehow joins ACDC.

And somehow he sounds better in the latter. What the fuck.

Just watched a handful of videos.. Axl sounds fucking amazing.. Even on some of the songs he didn't sound so hot on during their last set of shows.. Wow..

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Why dont they play stadiums in the us?

arent they big enough over there or is it cause brian isnt there

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Some markets they can do stadiums in but the demand isn't as high as it was in the US. I'm sure the promoters have researched this and come to the conclusion that arena shows would be a better draw. 

The dates were scheduled for arena before Brian left

They're big enough to do a stadium tour over here (At least with Brian) - last year was about 18 stadium shows, all stadiums and all nearly sold out or sold out. 

This was the second leg of the tour, primarily hitting secondary markets, and hitting a few major markets again (NY, Chicago, Detroit). They can do a stadium tour in the US, but not in a lot of these secondary markets, not to mention some of them don't even have stadiums. Additionally, it was originally a winter tour - February/March, which limited them to arenas. 

• Like 1