08/27/16 - Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum

Powerage5

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's voice...makes no sense! 

it does! singing low and in his mixed voice where his midrange is used on those long GnR songs is much trickier than just blasting chest and head voice with AC/DC! Songs like Nightrain and Coma are a reaaaaal bitch to sing for even pro singers because of the stamina and range required, with AC/DC he only has to use his high voice. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl's voice...makes no sense! 

UNREAL.

I think it's a combination of things. Most important, he's happy and we can all see it.

He's living the moment(s) giving us some stunning performances. Most of the people haven't really understand what coloboration this is..

We are witnessing history here and unfortunately they 'll realize it some years after.

Edited by nikosgnr
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

it does! singing low and in his mixed voice where his midrange is used on those long GnR songs is much trickier than just blasting chest and head voice with AC/DC! Songs like Nightrain and Coma are a reaaaaal bitch to sing for even pro singers because of the stamina and range required, with AC/DC he only has to use his high voice. 

I once believed like you. I thought ACDC was just this blast at the top of your lungs singing, but then I heard Axl put rasp on his mid range yesterday and everything is out the window. 

His voice is much better than what we thought. There's not 20 year olds who can mix the range and depth Axl has at 54. I'm truly shocked, I watched the periscope, I went back and watched all YouTube videos available and that performance yesterday proved to be absurd.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

I dunno about Nightrain being a bitch to sing..  it's usually his best vocal performance of the night imo

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

This was a pretty good explanation and mostly on point. 

51 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

If a live Album/DVD doesn't come of this, it will be greatest crime in a LONG time! Insane sounding! AC/DC have definitely Not sounded better

in 3 decades than now! IMO

:headbang:

2 hours ago, jafeijo said:

confirmed: Back in Black with Axl is better than the old one.

:headbang: .. and other songs are better now too . Not disrespect to Brian , though.

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Hope this US leg marks the end of Axl's AC/DC vanity project.

Why? These shows have been outstanding in terms of quality and effort. Musicians collaborate with each other all the time, it's great to see Axl out there trying different stuff. If he goes off to work on an ACDC album leaving GNR twiddling their thumbs then I'll give you leeway on complaints but until then it's fantastic that he's investing in all this rather than being out of sight in the Malibu hills.

• Like 4