08/30/16 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center

Powerage5

1 hour ago, cineater said:

They do!  They come out sign and go ri

Never seen them but somebody should tell them to bring those guys out.  How often do the other guys run into those mic stands?

Nothing is gonna change Cliff and Stevie standing back by the drum riser - it's been like that since the beginning. I'm not sure on this, but I believe it's origins are in that Malcolm, Phil, and Mark Evans found that they served as a tighter rhythm section if they were all positioned so they could see each other at all times. 

1 hour ago, danijel00 said:

It's more strange to me that their guitars still have wires. I thought nobody is using that anymore

Plenty of guitarists/bassists still play wired; basically, it's easier for things to go wrong with a wireless system. Since a wireless system transmits the signal back to the receiver, which in turn puts the received signal through the amps and eventually PA, there is always the possibility for some sort of interference with the signal. Not that this exact scenario is likely to happen, but a good example is if you've ever seen This Is Spinal Tap, the scene where they're playing at the airfield base and Nigel's wireless signal gets muddled with a police frequency. On top of that, some artists argue that a wired setup produces a purer sound quality than a wireless system. 

If you want another example of a huge band who still plays wired, three of the four guitarists/bassist in Iron Maiden still play wired. There are other acts of comparable size who still play wired, but that's who comes to mind most immediately.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, metalms said:

the man kept his word till the end.  :heart:

That was a great show.  Thank you guys, always a pleasure to watch with this board.  Sean did a great job.  Much respect for AC/DC.

8 minutes ago, BackOffBitch! said:

@slater0715  streamed for 2 hours 26 minutes! amazing

Thanks to him!  And as always, a pleasure watching with this board.  Great show.  Much respect for AC/DC.  Schooled by an old man in shorts with chicken legs--lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stro said:

I caught just For Those About To Rock on a 'scope and it sounded TREMENDOUS. Hope the whole show was that good.

It is a powerful song and AXL, well what can we say about him?!. HE IS A FU}}} LEGEND!! . Unbelievable, he has this level at 54.:dance:

Can we just use the word "perfect"??  

Cause for me tonight was a perfect acdc show, and Mr rose ridiculously epic performance had pretty much everything to do with that.

Dont get me wrong, the band did great and angus had a really great show too.. But rose, o Mr Rose. 

My youngest sister doesnt even like rock n roll, but of course she knows very well gnr, axl,  slash,. She kinda like november rain ( AND "SORRY" a little bit.  weird but whatever)  but thats it, thats all the rock n roll she can handle.   Anyway.,, she was passing by near me while a was watching the show on periscope, hell bells was on, and she told me "is that axl??  Wow how can he sing like that? He doesnt sound like a human being, is like HeS gonna break the tablet speakers"..  Thats what that very young girls said to me.

Of course, im not deaf.. And ive got to say: dear god , axl, how the hell did u do that???

• Like 2